Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2013?

Postby KeenInsight » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 pm

9:40 where John Edward Mack is interviewing the girl. Absolutely stunning that even children can recognize what's happening to the world, and she believes that is the message that her encounter with the Alien told her.

"What I thought was that maybe the world is going to end, maybe they were telling us the world is going to end..."

"Why do you think they want us to be scared?"

"Because we maybe, we don't look after the planet, and the area properly."

"Is this an idea that you have had before...or did this idea come to you when you had this experience?"

"When I had this experience."

That almost made me cry :(. I think those kids saw what they saw, and what they saw was definitely real.
KeenInsight

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:57 am

"Because we maybe, we don't look after the planet, and the air properly."

A longer version of Randall Nickersons lecture if your interested...

I found this quite telling, coming from Lisa, the same young lady. At 13:40.

Q: "Who was dreaming about it since then? (many raise their hands), In a bad way? Did you have nightmares about it?"
A: (Lisa): "Yes, I used to and then after about a year I stopped dreaming about it. I dreamt that the same one I saw, he came into my bedroom and took me from my bed. And then I just screamed. I woke up and screamed."
Q: And what did your Mom say?
A: She just kept on saying it was a nightmare. She didn't really believe it.

I find myself asking, was it a truly a set of nightmares or a continuation of something else?

If we asked the question " What are the two greatest threats posed to humanity by itself in the last 100 years, I have no doubt the answers might include nuclear weapons/capabilities and climate change. And then if we ask a follow up, "Have UFO's and their occupants expressed an interest in either or both of these threats?: The answer, as described consistently by these child experiencers now has to be "both". The third question..."why?"

I'm looking forward to the release of this documentary.
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby elfismiles » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Thank you CC for this youtube link.

Cosmic Cowbell » 27 Jul 2013 15:57 wrote:

"Because we maybe, we don't look after the planet, and the air properly."

A longer version of Randall Nickersons lecture if your interested...

[youtube]cJOlKpO3kzU
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby justdrew » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Hosted by the great Edward R. Murrow, this 1949 report, set to video images, features interviews and sound bites of military and civilian witnesses to many of the early landmark UFO encounters. This recording is believed to be the first assessment of the UFO phenomenon ever broadcast.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby tazmic » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:11 am

Anyone unpacked this yet?

http://runesoup.com/2013/07/very-bad-company/

“We deal now, not with things of this world alone, but with the illimitable distances and as yet unfathomed mysteries of the universe…. Of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy; of such dreams and fantasies as to make life the most exciting of all times. And through all this welter of change and development your mission remains fixed, determined, inviolable. It is to win our wars.”

— Speech of General Douglas MacArthur to West Point cadets, May 12, 1962
"It ever was, and is, and shall be, ever-living fire, in measures being kindled and in measures going out." - Heraclitus

"There aren't enough small numbers to meet the many demands made of them." - Strong Law of Small Numbers
tazmic

Postby barracuda » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 pm

tazmic » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:11 am wrote:Anyone unpacked this yet?

It's an enjoyable read, mostly familiar ground to people who've been reading here for any length of time, but put together nicely. You have to wonder about the mindset of those persons who made the decision to bring the disgraced and resentful Nazi scientists and occultists back to America and put them in charge of national security operations and the space program. Whoda ever thunk it would turn out like shit? Allen Dulles presumably knew it would but it served his purposes anyway.

The overall premise - that wizards sat at favored seats by the side of more conventional power figures of the twentieth century - left me wondering just who occupies those fancy chairs today.

tl;dr: Bedknobs and Broomsticks turns out to be a documentary, but with more drugs.
barracuda

Art Bell is coming back!

Postby ShinShinKid » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 am

Well played, God. Well played".
ShinShinKid

Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: Art Bell is coming back!

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Anyone else commented yet about the show-name similarity tween Don Ecker's DARK MATTERS radio show and the new Art Bell's DARK MATTER radio show?

"A Sirius representative contacted Bell through social media a few months ago, leading to the formation of his show, "Art Bell's Dark Matter.""

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainmen ... paranormal

elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:11 pm

As if in reply to my HELP thread looking for that RuneSoup and Grant Cameron quotes about Eric Walker and ESP connections to UFOs, the Universe continues to provide...

Lockheed Skunk Works director says ESP is the key to interstellar travel (Video)
Posted by: Alejandro Rojas July 26, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7q--QLz1k

According to a UCLA engineering alumnus, in 1993 a fellow alumnus, who happened to run one of the most advanced and secretive aircraft development organizations in the world, says the key to the technology that will allow us to travel to the stars, without taking a lifetime to get there, lies in ESP.

Lockheed Martin Skunk Works logo. (Credit: Lockheed Martin)
Ben Rich was the director of Lockheed’s Skunk Works from 1975 to 1991. Skunk Works is a division of Lockheed Martin that develops super high-tech aircraft, and is responsible for developing the U-2, the SR-71 Blackbird, the F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber, and the F-22 Raptor.

In a recent interview with Open Minds, Jan Harzan, the new director of the Mutual UFO Network, told us about a presentation by Rich he attended in which he feels Rich shared some amazing insight. Like Rich, Harzan received an engineering degree from UCLA. In 1993, Harzan received an invitation from the alumni association to attend a talk by Rich at the alumni center.

Harzan attended the lecture with his friend Tom Keller, who is also an engineering alumnus of UCLA and shares Harzan’s interest in UFOs. Keller wrote a book on the topic titled, The Total Novice’s Guide to UFOs, which was published in 2010. Harzan estimates there were about 200 engineers in attendance.

Rich’s presentation consisted of a slide presentation outlining his 40 years with Skunk Works. The last aircraft he discussed was the F-117 which was developed in the early 80s, but was not revealed to the public until the late 80s. Rich alluded to more advanced technologies which have been developed since the F-117 but still remain secret.

F-117 Nighthawks (Credit: US Air Force)
Harzan says, “He intimated that there was a lot of other stuff going on that he could not talk about.” It was here that Harzan says things began to get really interesting. Harzan told us, “He ended his talk with a black disk zipping out into outer space, and he ended it with these words: ‘We now have the technology to take ET home.’”

Harzan says after this statement the crowd laughed, but he and Keller were shocked. He says, “Tom and I just looked at each other, ‘Did he really just say that, and are these people really not getting that what he is saying is real?’”

After the lecture, Harzan says 20 or so engineers gathered up around Rich to ask more questions. One lady asked about the technology to take ET home, but Rich sort of ignored the question. However, after being pressed by a couple of the other attendees, Rich asked one of the engineers if they thought it was possible to travel to the stars.

The engineer replied, “I don’t know, it would just take a long time to get there.” To which Rich responded that it would not. He told the group, “We found an error in the equations and we now know how to travel to the stars, and it won’t take us a lifetime to do it.”

Harzan says Rich did not say what equations he was referring to, but Harzan assumes they are what are known as Maxwell’s equations. However, he admits that this is just a guess.

Ben Rich in front of an SR-71 Blackbird. (Credit: Lockheed Martin)
Finally, Rich excused himself and began walking towards the door. Harzan called to Rich to ask him one last question. He told Rich, “I have a real interest in the propulsion you are talking about that gets us to the stars. Can you tell me how it works?”

Harzan says Rich stopped and looked at him, then asked Harzan if he knew how ESP worked. Jan says he was taken aback by the question and responded, “I don’t know, all points in space and time are connected?” Rich replied, “That’s how it works.” Then he turned around and walked away.

Harzan doesn’t know if he gave the answer Rich was looking for, or if Rich was simply referring to ESP as being the key to how the technology works, but he does believe there is something to Rich’s response.

Harzan says he feels he left the presentation with three very important clues, “One, we have the technology to take ET home. Two is there is an error in the equations… Finally, the way ESP works is the same way that this technology works. So there you have it. All that is left up to us is to go figure it out.”

http://www.openminds.tv/lockheed-skunk- ... ideo-1092/

elfismiles » 28 Jul 2013 15:10 wrote:Didn't someone start a thread specifically for finding lost threads? Now I can't find THAT thread.

Anywhoo...

So, perhaps it is within the WHERE IS UFOLOGY AT IN (fill-in-year) thread but, after cursory looksies around using both the board search and google site search I can't find what I'm looking for.

Maybe such a thread (that one or this one) could be pinned / stickied to the top of the general discussion forum?

I found JustDrew's reference to it but can't find it:

Towards a Collection of Neglected UFO/ESP Researchers
justdrew » 18 May 2013 20:36 wrote:if you go through the 3 - 5 old 70's UFO docs I've posted in the "where's it at" thread, there's a wealth of now mostly forgotten researchers.

The information I'm looking for was (I think) from a blogspot.com blog wherein a transcript of an interview from years/decades ago was posted involving nuts-and-bolts oriented ufologists interviewing (I think) someone possibly connected to Canada's flying-saucer building projects and the nuts-and-bolts dudes kept trying to ask about how the ET saucers worked, their propulsion, but the interviewee kept talking about ESP and PSI but the nuts-and-boltsters kept NOT understanding why the interviewee kept bringing up these paranormal / parapsychology topics.

AH, WAIT, I think I found it... or maybe not ... any help is still appreciated.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... 10#p500910

elfismiles » 28 Jul 2013 18:23 wrote:Thanks folks. Usually I feel pretty competent at finding past posts but this one was vexing me.

Found it ... 82_28's that I quoted above led me to the Wombat's follow-up which was the nitty-gritty i seek:

Wombaticus Rex » 24 May 2013 22:36 wrote:I think you're quite correct on that. Sample from the Rune Soup post that's from:
http://runesoup.com/2013/03/everything- ... lications/

This is also an article that casually drops the revelation that Jacques Vallee came up with using coordinates to frontload RV sessions, and he did so in the cafeteria of SRI, in conversation with Ingo Swann. One line I keep coming back to is "RV struggles to process numbers or letters," because it so closely parallels with my own lucid dream explorations. I have, in recent years, been able to successfully read whole pages in lucid dreams now, but it moves/changes when I'm not looking and reads very much like Finnegans Wake, which I probably need to re-read. (Like, perhaps for the rest of my life.)

Anyways, forsooth:

Gordon transcribing a Grant Cameron Interview wrote:So in 1950 when [Wilbert] Smith writes this [UFO] memo to the Canadian government, describing what he’s been told by officials of the United States, he talks about the UFO stuff which everybody quotes. The very next line everybody leaves out. I left it out for years, too. He said, “I was further informed that U.S. authorities (and you’ve got to get that—U.S. authorities) are investigating along quite a number of lines which might possibly be related to the Saucers such as mental phenomena, and I gather they are not doing too well since they have indicated that if Canada is doing anything at all along the lines of geomagnetics they would welcome a discussion with suitably accredited Canadians.”

So he’s basically saying that they’ve got this connection with mental phenomena and if there’s anybody inside Canada who’s working on it, if you get cleared to talk on a classified level, we’re willing to talk to you because we’re trying to figure this thing out….

The one was I mentioned Dr. Robert Starbacher and he was giving material to Wilbert Smith and when Stanton [Friedman] interviewed him he says, “Well, who was there? Was anybody alive? You’re mentioning all these guys who are dead.” He said, “There’s this one guy from Pennsylvania. He was real arrogant. He thought he knew everything. He attended all the meetings.” We tracked this guy down and he turns out to be Dr. Eric Walker, who was former President of Penn State University.

For 15 years he was the Chairman of the Board of the Institute for Defence Analysis, which is the top military think tank for the United States military. He was the co-developer of the homing torpedo. He was friends with Vannevar Bush. He had this incredible, unbelievable background of military and connections with Presidents and stuff like this. So when we go to him, we’re interviewing him as UFO researchers. We’re not thinking about the mind; we couldn’t care less about that, no connection whatsoever.

We’re talking to him and we’re trying to find out about this supposed UFO group that runs the whole thing, the MJ-12. We’re asking him questions about MJ-12. “Did you have contact with the aliens? How did the thing operate? How did you cover-up the UFO thing?” And suddenly in the middle of one of these interviews in 1990, he’s interviewed for about eight years. I’m running this team of researchers around the world. I’m not talking to them. There are people who say, “I can get Walker to talk.”

“Okay, here’s his phone number.” And what we’d do is we’d take all the interviews that are done with him and we put them in a book. In 1990 in the middle of one of these interviews, he suddenly cuts off the conversation talking about hardware, about bodies and all this, and he suddenly says, “How good is your sixth sense? How much do you know about ESP?” And the other guy goes, “Well, not really.” It’s not of interest to him. And Walker says, “Unless you know about it and how to use it, you will not be taken in.”

Because the question was about who’s running the group. What’s this MJ-12? How many people are in the group? How are these people operating? And he says, “Unless you know about ESP and how to use it, you would not be taken in by this MJ-12, this over-riding group that runs the UFO program. Only a few know about it.” We saw the interview and I put it in the book. We published the book in 1990. We’re about to re-publish the book. We put it in this book in 1991.

We never mentioned it in the book. We never brought up this mention of the fact that ESP was involved because it meant nothing to us. We were into the hardware and the bodies and all this sort of stuff. But he mentions this in 1990. Then in 1993 there’s a related story about a conversation that takes place with Ben Rich. Ben Rich was the guy who ran Skunk Works, where the U2, the SR-71, the Stealth fighter, the Stealth bomber, they were all developed by what was called Skunk Works.

Ben Rich ran [Skunk Works] and he would get a number of questions about was this UFO technology. He’s giving a lecture in 1993. He’s dying of cancer. He gives a lecture at UCLA to a bunch of engineers and he’s talking and he says, “We’ve got the technology to take ET home.” He gives his lecture, he finishes the lecture, he’s walking out, and one of the engineers who was interested in UFOs runs after him.

He says to Ben Rich, “How are these things propelled? How are UFOs propelled?” And Ben Rich turns around and says to him, “Let me ask you a question. How does ESP work?” And the guy says, “Well, it means that all points in time and space are connected.” And Ben Rich turns around and he says, “That’s how they work.” And so here’s this top guy in U.S. military research who’s saying ESP, that’s how UFOs are propelled. So you get these connections years later that basically put this together.

Currently obsessing over the fact George Van Tassel called the 1952 Washington DC You Foe Outbreak - even more so because I can find no mention of that allegedly famous big news in the NYT archives, which doesn't come up dry very often. I spent a good hour trying to find it, too, so if anything exists, please let a mammal know.
elfismiles

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Youse guys really better get ta cleanin' up dat der planet of yours pdq.

Hammer of Los

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:06 am

Damn!

Meant ta say dat planet of ours.

Yeah.

Dat's surely what I meant ta say.

Hammer of Los

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:16 am

I rather liked Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

I gotta go meet dat Rune Soup guy one day.

He tuned in big time.

Maybe tell 'im a few tings.

Hammer of Los

Postby KUAN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:35 am

Thank God this happened. The thread had fallen back to page 2

Greymouth is a small town on the West Coast of the South Island, N.Z.
http://www.greystar.co.nz/content/witne ... -ufo-brush
Wednesday, 7 August 2013
Witness shaken by UFO brush
By Nikki-Leigh Wilson

A Rutherglen man is ‘freaked out’ after coming face to face last night with what he claims was a UFO — parked on the road outside the entrance to Shantytown.
Matthew Robert, a mechanic, insists he is not alone and that three other cars were also confronted by the night-time visitor on Rutherglen Road, south of Greymouth, about 8.45pm.
When the car-shaped object suddenly lifted into the sky in a blinding light, he and the other drivers left in such a hurry they left skid marks on the road.
“I was changing a CD as I was driving and when I looked up I saw what looked like a car without its lights on, stopped in the middle of the road outside Shantytown. I slammed on my brakes and my eyes were still trying to focus, when suddenly the thing just lit up and shot into the sky,” Mr Robert said.
“When I came to my senses I noticed that there were three other cars that had stopped on the other side of the road as well. It’s weird that no one else has come forward because those people obviously would have seen the same thing I did.”
He claims that immediately following the incident he lost all cellphone reception, his vision was blurry and his eyes watery for about an hour afterwards.
Mr Robert was driving into Greymouth at the time to pick up his partner, Charlotte Rose, from work at the hospital. He arrived there bug-eyed and agitated.
Ms Rose said he was visibly shaken.
“I just looked at him and I could tell something bad had happened, he was freaked out and his eyes were watery,” Ms Rose said.
Coincidentally, Mr Robert had been looking at the night sky in real-time via his smartphone on an app called the Night Sky a few minutes previous.
“I was sitting at home before I went to town and I was looking at satellites and other things on my phone. Suddenly, what looked like a satellite started going crazy and moving all over the sky and I was trying to follow it with my phone.”
Mr Robert said he hoped the witnesses from the other cars would also come forward and confirm what he saw. One vehicle was a Mitsubishi Chariot and another a Honda Accord. He did not have a description of the third vehicle.
“I know people are going to think that it’s crazy, but I know what I saw.”
KUAN

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:38 am

FWIW I worked with folks from Greymouth. It is a really tough little fishing / mining town and if this guy was a local mechanic, I think a Kiwi translation would be useful:

Greymouth Kiwi person
He arrived there bug-eyed and agitated.
Ms Rose said he was visibly shaken.
“I just looked at him and I could tell something bad had happened, he was freaked out and his eyes were watery,” Ms Rose said.

US / UK person
He arrived so hysterically frightened he had to be tranquilised by a park ranger with an elephant-level tranquiliser dart gun.
He was so terrified he was epileptic fitting. His eyes were streaming a river

Interesting his not taking pictures...
Searcher08

Postby KUAN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 am

KUAN

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion