Don't believe the hype... about Jackhead

EDITED TO ADD:

Sunday, February 22, 2015
Hit the road, Jack...
No, there was no "UFO Crash" at Jackhead
http://uforum.blogspot.com/2015/02/hit-road-jack.html

Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Hit the road, Jack! Part 2
The Jackhead “UFO Crash” story is much more interesting than first believed.
http://uforum.blogspot.com/2015/02/hit- ... art-2.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1UARQHVrWE

Published on Feb 23, 2015

I investigated the story of the alleged UFO crash at Jackhead Manitoba, and found it to be a hoax! The Canadian military was conducting a cold weather exercise on the lake nearby and about 75 troops were snowmobiling across the ice and at one point practiced digging an emergency air strip on the lake. The sightings of lights from witnesses in shore were of the snowmobiles and the planes landing. There was no evacuation of civilians. No lock down of the town. The rest is all lies. It's too bad it all went viral because there's nothing to this case at all. My detailed description of what I found out during my investigation is given on my blog: uforum.blogspot.com

... nor the "Roswell Slides"
Last edited by elfismiles on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:23 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am

Posted in: Odd News Posted: February 25, 2015
Did The Red Baron Really Shoot Down A UFO During WWI? The German Ace’s Fellow Pilot Believes So
image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/upl ... 65x385.jpg
Red Baron's Plane
German fighter pilot ace, Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen, also known as the Red Baron, is officially credited with shooting down 80 enemy planes during World War I, but a sensational new book claims that the man considered the flight ace supreme was also the first pilot in history to shoot down a UFO.

I’s a big boast, but the Red Baron has a big reputation. So much so that in his new book, UFOs of the First World War, author Nigel Watson recounts the 1999 confession by the Red Baron’s fellow pilot, Peter Waitzrick, who allegedly witnessed the epic encounter in the skies between the Red Baron and the UFO.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/upl ... 18x300.jpg

gravel UFOs have visited
Waitzrick waited until he was 105-years-old, a good 80 years after the Baron’s alleged dogfight with interplanetary visitors, until confessing what he saw in the crystal blue skies above Belgium during the spring of 1917.

The Red Baron and Waitzrick were on an early morning mission when they ran afoul of what they described as looking like an upside down silver saucer covered in flashing orange lights.

No doubt well aware that curiosity killed the cat, and also shot the fighter pilot who stopped to pause for breath, the Red Baron instinctively allowed his abject terror at the sight of this unidentified flying object get the better of him and didn’t hesitate to open fire and mow that mother down.

The Mirror reports that Waitzrick claims he witnessed the entire encounter between the Baron and the aliens.

“We were terrified because we’d never seen anything like it before. The Baron immediately opened fire and the thing went down like a rock, shearing off tree limbs as it crashed into the woods.”

RedBaron
Admittedly, the Red Baron was in a league of his own when it came to his skills as a fighter pilot, but was Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen, handicapped as he was by the technical limitations of the Fokker Dr.I triplane and the Albatros D.III Serial No. 789/16, so naturally gifted when it came to flying, that he was capable of gunning down a UFO that presumably had the capacity to journey through galaxies and was capable of doing all sort of mind-blowing crazy things?

Waitzrick believes so. He claims that there were two pilots in the the UFO, and after crashing they climbed from the wreck before fleeing into the trees. Perhaps these extraterrestrials were simply teenage joyriders from another dimension who had bitten off a little more than they could chew?

Who knows! One thing’s for sure, although Waitzrick and his squadron originally believed the UFO was a secret US aircraft, when they became familiarised with reports about UFOS, they remained convinced that what they saw were visitors from another planet.

“There’s no doubt in my mind that the Baron shot down some kind of spacecraft from another planet and those little guys who ran off into the woods were space aliens of some kind.”
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby zangtang » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:35 pm

there's no doubt in my mind that that could tempt me into buying a book about ufos in the 1st world war........
zangtang

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby norton ash » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:07 pm

The UFO didn't resemble a beagle on a doghouse?
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:50 pm

norton ash » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:07 pm wrote:The UFO didn't resemble a beagle on a doghouse?

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby zangtang » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:43 pm

'Curse you, Red Baron!'
zangtang

Postby Nordic » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:51 pm

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:38 pm

:ufo:

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby operator kos » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Nick Redfern's worthwhile (IMO) analysis of the "Roswell slides": http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/03/the-roswell-slides-adios

The Roswell Slides: Adios

The controversy surrounding what have become known as the “Roswell Slides” has been going on for more than a couple of years now. It began as a trickle of whispers, rumors, and conversations with various sources, some known and others still unknown. Then it hit the Net. There was debate back and forth. Opinions were voiced. And there was the still-unresolved matter of computer hacking, in the summer of 2014, in relation to the story. But, now, in March 2015, there’s something else.

Check out the latest blog-posts and comments at Kevin Randle’s A Different Perspective, Rich Reynolds’ UFO Conjecture(s), and Paul Kimball’s The Other Side of Truth. It’s not an exaggeration to say that all-out, bloody war has practically erupted within the field of Ufology. The only things absent are incoming missiles, drone strikes, and panzer divisions on the horizon. There are the believers, the doubters, the middle of the road crowd, and those who find the whole thing downright bizarre. And, in certain cases, views are changing. Which brings me to the point of this article.

When I first heard the story of the slides, and learned of the background to it, the people who reportedly took the photos, and their geographical location in relation to the town of Roswell, I thought: well, this sounds interesting; even very interesting. And, just maybe, I also thought: it’s the real deal. The hacking issue amplified the controversy even further, and enraged those who were hacked and who are now doing their utmost to get revenge - which includes me.

Today, however, with lines being drawn, daggers at throats (well, almost), and online confrontations expanding by the hour (maybe by the minute!), it’s an appropriate time for me to address where I now stand, as of the last couple of weeks, and now that the images have surfaced online. It goes like this: do I think the slides are a decades-old fabrication? No, I do not. Do I think they are a modern day hoax? Nope, not at all. But do I now think they show an alien found dead on the Foster Ranch, Lincoln County, New Mexico, nearly seventy years ago? No, I don’t. And I have my reasons why.

There is one thing about the “Roswell slides” which I think is important, but which seldom gets mentioned. It begins as follows:

I don’t know if the US Government does have alien bodies on ice or doesn’t. But what I do know is that in nearly all the reports of extraterrestrial corpses held at military installations, the bodies are generally described as being very carefully preserved. People talk about seeing missile-like creations in which the bodies are stored. Others talk about large tanks, filled with well-preserved remains.

But the “Roswell slides” show something very different. Namely, a body that is placed on a blanket, in a glass case, and with a presently indecipherable, hand-written message in view. This provokes the instant reaction that the body was not in a situation where preservation and analysis were the key, paramount issues. Rather, the way the body is presented, and with the attendant hand-written note, suggests (to me) that the body is on display. And is meant to be on display, too.

Regardless of what the slides show, it’s that display issue which makes me now think the body is not alien. The way in which such a unique specimen would be handled (if alien, and in unforeseen, out of the blue circumstances provoked by a UFO crash) would be to quickly maximize preservation, not to worry about “displaying” it in a glass case.

Now, before anyone gets on a screaming, high-pitch rant, I would say that, perhaps, ten or twenty years after the alleged “Roswell UFO crash” of 1947 occurred, an alien body might very well have been placed on display for the people working on the project to see. In that sense, the body could have been contained in a kind of “historical, top secret museum,” (something which, from a hypothetical perspective, I recently wrote about here at Mysterious Universe).

But here’s the deal: we’re told that the pictures were taken in 1947, the year of the Roswell event. The photos, in that sense, must have been taken only days, weeks, or, at the very most, months, after the crash occurred, for them to have been developed in the very same year as the crash. This raises an important question: only days, weeks or months after aliens reportedly crashed in New Mexico, would the bodies have been so casually stored in glass cases and in display-style? I would suggest not.

They would have been subjected to careful preservation and laboratory analysis, and in an environment where they would not degrade. And, in all likelihood, they would be kept in a sterile environment. After all, we are talking – allegedly – about creatures from another world. Thoughts, too, would surely have been given to matters such as alien viruses, and potentially deadly contamination from the biological remains of an unknown, unearthly species. And with those thoughts in mind, all you are going to do with such possibly highly hazardous bodies is to put them in glass cases? On blankets? That’s ridiculous.

Okay, some might say that thoughts of deadly viruses might not have crossed the minds of those tasked with examining the Lincoln County bodies back in the 1940s. I say that’s crap, and I’ll tell you why. Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act, the FBI has declassified an interesting, lengthy file – one which chiefly covers the period from the early 1940s to 1950. It’s title is Bacteriological Warfare in the United States. Of its nearly 1,800 pages, more than 1,000 remain classified. But, the papers that have been released – as well as additional files that originated with other agencies – tell an extremely interesting story.

They reveal that in the summer of 1947 plague broke out in certain parts of New Mexico and specifically in none other than Lincoln County. The alleged UFO crash occurred in Lincoln County, in the summer of 1947, too. The plague reports continued up until 1950, with the most dangerous period being 1949, when a number of people from Lincoln County – both adults and children – contracted plague, and were rushed to nearby Fort Stanton for treatment. It was treatment that sadly came too late for most of them. But that’s not all.

The records show there was deep concern on the part of officialdom that the plague outbreak was not a random, chance event of Mother Nature. There were fears that the plague had been deliberately initiated and spread – possibly by potentially hostile, overseas nations. As a result, the FBI documentation on the Lincoln County plague deaths was shared with (a) the director of Naval Intelligence; (b) the director of the Air Force Office of Special Investigations; (c) the acting director of the Division of Security of the Atomic Energy Commission; and (d) the director of the CIA.

As for the bodies of the unfortunate dead people, they were handled, and disposed of, with the utmost care. Plague is, after all, a serious and deadly business. And all of this brings me back to Roswell.

We can prove (historically and via the Freedom of Information Act) that when people fell sick with plague and died in Lincoln County in 1947 and through 1949, the FBI rightly became very alarmed by the rumors that the plague outbreak had been deliberately orchestrated. The FBI was also right to contact the CIA, Air Force, Naval Intelligence, and the AEC – and particularly so if someone like the dreaded Reds were seen as possibly being responsible. In other words, the utmost concern was given to ensuring public safety, and the safety of medical personnel who tried to help the plague victims, too.

But, here’s where things don’t make sense. All of the above was undertaken because of plague outbreaks in 1947, in Lincoln County, New Mexico, where the “Roswell crash” occurred – in both location and time-frame. Just about every step was taken to prevent the plague from spreading any further. People were rushed to Fort Stanton and isolated. None other than the director of the CIA was kept informed of the situation. Yet, we are supposed to believe that utterly unique alien bodies – discovered in the same county and in the same time-frame – were treated so casually that only weeks or months after they were found, they were merely placed into nothing stranger or more sophisticated than glass cases. ABSURD.

And, remember, we’re told the images were taken in 1947, not decades later in a kind of “secret UFO museum” setting. Keeping the plague outbreak in mind (as well as the steps taken by the authorities to contain it ad figure out its origin), it’s utterly illogical and unthinkable that the finding of extraterrestrial corpses would not have been treated with the same level of concern - from a perspective of potential biological contamination.

The fact is, however, the glass case in which the body rests is clearly not intended for preservation Nor is it intended to protect people from contamination. That’s like suggesting holding an umbrella above your head will protect you from radioactive fall-out during a nuclear attack. Nope: the glass case is intended to allow for the body to be placed on display and nothing else. The accompanying hand-written message amplifies that.

Displaying the body (in a glass case, no less), only weeks after the crash, would hardly be a priority. The hypothetical, chaotic atmosphere, when faced with handling unknown entities from another world, would surely have ensured the bodies were placed in isolation, and where as much protection as possible could be given to the medical personnel tasked with studying the bodies. Putting them in glass cases doesn’t cut it – and certainly not right after the crash, when we’re told the photos were taken.

My guess? A mummy of some kind. Check the Internet. You’ll see numerous examples of small, humanoid bodies, in glass cases, positioned on blankets – just like the body in the “Roswell slides.” And again, before anyone starts screaming and ranting at me, all of this amounts to my opinion – and I base it on the application of logic in relation to the plague issue discussed above. And, yes, yes, yes, I know arguments have been made that the body isn’t a mummified child. But arguments have also been made that this is exactly what it is.

Do I apologize for changing my views, now that I have had the opportunity to see the images online, at various sites and blogs? No, of course I don’t; such a thing would be completely and utterly ridiculous and is totally unwarranted, too. Rational debate and argument is vital. And both can often lead a person to alter their stance. Which is what has happened with me. Like it or like it not; that’s how it is.

Do I think the slides should be the subject of ongoing study? Definitely. And I’m sure they will be. And that’s a good thing, regardless of what the answers might be. I say that because despite my skepticism over the slides, I still think there is a chance that very unusual bodies were found on the Foster Ranch, Lincoln County, New Mexico, in the summer of 1947.

But do I now think the slides will shed any meaningful light on what happened at Roswell, or on what the bodies were? Nope. I have no doubt that all they will do is add to the controversy and intrigue – and nothing else. But proof that ET crashed back in the 40s? Nah. With that said, given that I have no interest in the study of ancient mummies, I now wash my hands of the Roswell slides.
operator kos

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:33 am

Former Canadian defence minister urges governments to release UFO info

Hundreds of people attended a speaking tour about the alleged cover up of UFOs by world governments.

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Sunday, April 19, 2015 1:48PM EDT
Last Updated Sunday, April 19, 2015 9:03PM EDT
A former Canadian defence minister is heading a speaking tour about the alleged cover up of UFOs by world governments.
A crowd of about 400 people attended the "Disclosure Canada Tour" stop at the University of Calgary Saturday, to hear keynote speaker Paul Hellyer. Hellyer served as Canada's defence minister in the 1960s.
Hellyer and the other speakers on the tour want the government to release all the information they have on UFOs.

Former Canadian defence minister Paul Hellyer helped mark the opening of the UFO Landing Pad in St. Paul, Alta. in 1967. It's billed as the world's first landing pad for alien craft.
Paul Hellyer
Paul Hellyer speaks to the crowd at the Disclosure Canada Tour in Calgary, April 18, 2015.
The 91-year-old Ontarian first spoke out about his belief that governments are covering up an alien presence in 2005. He says UFOs are as common in our skies as airplanes.
Hellyer said he's participating in the tour because he's committed to spreading the word about his beliefs.
"Much of the media won't touch it," he told CTV Calgary. "So you just have to keep working away and hope that someday you get a critical mass, and they will say, in one way or another, 'Mr. President or Mr. Prime Minister we want the truth and we want it now because it affects our lives.'"
The tour is scheduled to hit Vancouver on Sunday.

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby BrandonD » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:17 am

"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Via: http://slatestarcodex.com/2015/04/21/un ... us-person/

“Universal love,” said the cactus person.

“Transcendent joy,” said the big green bat.

“I’m dissing you, you know. I’m saying you guys are so intoxicated on spiritual wisdom that you couldn’t think straight if your life depended on it; that your random interventions in our world and our minds look like the purposeless acts of a drunken madman because that’s basically more or less what they are. I’m saying if you had like five IQ points between the two of you, you could tap into your cosmic consciousness or whatever to factor a number that would do more for your cause than all your centuries of enigmatic dreams and unasked-for revelations combined, and you ARE TOO DUMB TO DO IT EVEN WHEN I BASICALLY HOLD YOUR HAND THE WHOLE WAY. Your spine. Your wing. Whatever.”

“Universal love,” said the cactus person.

“Transcendent joy,” said the big green bat.

“Fuck you,” said I.

I saw the big green bat bat a green big eye. Suddenly I knew I had gone too far. The big green bat started to turn around what was neither its x, y, or z axis, slowly rotating to reveal what was undoubtedly the biggest, greenest bat that I had ever seen, a bat bigger and greener than which it was impossible to conceive. And the bat said to me:

“Sir. Imagine you are in the driver’s seat of a car. You have been sitting there so long that you have forgotten that it is the seat of a car, forgotten how to get out of the seat, forgotten the existence of your own legs, indeed forgotten that you are a being at all separate from the car. You control the car with skill and precision, driving it wherever you wish to go, manipulating the headlights and the windshield wipers and the stereo and the air conditioning, and you pronounce yourself a great master. But there are paths you cannot travel, because there are no roads to them, and you long to run through the forest, or swim in the river, or climb the high mountains. A line of prophets who have come before you tell you that the secret to these forbidden mysteries is an ancient and terrible skill called GETTING OUT OF THE CAR, and you resolve to learn this skill. You try every button on the dashboard, but none of them is the button for GETTING OUT OF THE CAR. You drive all of the highways and byways of the earth, but you cannot reach GETTING OUT OF THE CAR, for it is not a place on a highway. The prophets tell you GETTING OUT OF THE CAR is something fundamentally different than anything you have done thus far, but to you this means ever sillier extremities: driving backwards, driving with the headlights on in the glare of noon, driving into ditches on purpose, but none of these reveal the secret of GETTING OUT OF THE CAR. The prophets tell you it is easy; indeed, it is the easiest thing you have ever done. You have traveled the Pan-American Highway from the boreal pole to the Darien Gap, you have crossed Route 66 in the dead heat of summer, you have outrun cop cars at 160 mph and survived, and GETTING OUT OF THE CAR is easier than any of them, the easiest thing you can imagine, closer to you than the veins in your head, but still the secret is obscure to you.
Wombaticus Rex

Re: Where are Crop Circles at in 2015?

Postby Lord Balto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:09 am

Vis-a-vis crop circles, I have three problems with the so-called phenomenon, which I may or may not have pointed out before:

1) The vast majority of the designs are aligned with the rows of grain. Note that grain planted in rows only became automated with the invention of the seed drill by Jethro Tull in 1701, thus precipitating an agricultural revolution.

2) All of these designs, as far as I know, occur in farmers' fields. They do not occur on open grassland or among stands of wildflowers. Thus, the prime suspects are the farmers themselves, relegated to the role of innocent and unaware bystanders by the average "investigator" looking for evidence of alien intrusion or psychic manipulation. It is the farmers themselves who have the opportunity to prepare the designs, perhaps weeks in advance, using some as yet undetected method, perhaps a particular chemical spray, that disappears before the result is even seen, thus removing all evidence of human presence--the washing away of footprints after a good rain, for example.

3) And the most telling, the patterns themselves often have meaning to humans at a particular time. Thus, when fractals began to creep into the general consciousness via magazine articles, they also began to appear in crop circles.
Lord Balto

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion