Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:04 pm

^ It's pretty hard not to use Bing if your browser is Edge.

Well there you go, it was not that you thought the news item was untrustworthy, just that the messenger is racist. My apologies for any temporary angst this has caused, it will not happen again!
Ben D
BenDhyan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Hard to say if these were on or off world UFOs based on this limited info. If this went on for several days, did they get approval to try and shoot them down. it would have been within the military SOP rules to do so imho

UFOs harassed US warships off California: report

By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon March 24, 2021

Mysterious flying objects repeatedly harassed three US warships off the coast of California in 2019 — at one point matching the speed and bearing of one destroyer for 90 minutes, according to newly released details from the ships’ logs.

The unidentified crafts, described in the logs as “Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” buzzed three destroyers for several days, according to records obtained by the news site The Drive through the US Freedom of Information Act.

As many as six of the drones swarmed around the USS Kidd, USS Rafael Peralta and USS John Finn over several days in July 2019, at times performing “brazen” maneuvers, the report said.

“Kidd reported UAV overhead,” one of the ship log entries from July 14, 2019, reads.

“White light identified hovering over ships flight deck,” said another entry.

“Two UAV’s spotted off the starboard wing,” the Rafael Peralta log read, followed by another entry six minutes later: “Four UAV’s spotted off the starboard bridge.”

The Navy vessels, which are equipped with sensors, radar, thermal imaging and electro-optical systems, were nonetheless unable to track the drones when they disappeared.

On July 15, 2019, the ships contacted the cruise ship Carnival Imagination, which was sailing nearby, to determine if the crafts were from there

he crew of the cruise ship said not only were the drones not theirs — but could see five or six of them flying around the Navy destroyers, Forbes said in a report.

The sightings took place while the warships were engaged in military exercises about 100 miles off the coast of Los Angeles — well beyond the range of commercial drones.

The incident prompted an investigation by the Navy, Coast Guard, FBI and other agencies, Forbes said, but failed to come up with an answer.

Details of the mysterious incident were first reported by Dave Beaty, who posted about it on Twitter in June of last year, Forbes said.

The revelation is just the latest report of unexplained crafts buzzing around the sky.

n a report earlier this month, a former national intelligence official said a forthcoming government report will reveal “difficult to explain” evidence surrounding UFO sightings — including that they have been known to break the sound barrier without a sonic boom.

Last month, the FBI confirmed that it had received a report from an American Airlines pilot who reported a “long cylindrical object” over New Mexico at 37,000 feet.

In November 2019, reports surfaced of a similar incident in 2004 involving the USS Princeton off the coast of California — with the Navy allegedly trying delete the details.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/tic-tac-shaped-ufos-harassed-us-warships-off-california-report/

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby dada » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:38 pm

I don't think shooting at something without knowing what it is capable of would be standard procedure. For cops, sure, but not for big expensive naval vessels. Might get your ship vaporized, crew and all. Also don't know what effect the weapons might have. If you blow it up, will it explode like a nuclear bomb, could create fallout. Or create a black hole or some other spacial anomaly. Or temporal. Or it might be shielded in some way, could reflect the rockets back somehow.

You just don't know. So I ask myself, if I were in a command position in that scenario, what would I do.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:56 pm

^ SOP wrt foreign earthly power intrusions, and of course preceded with appropriate warnings. As I said, there is not enough info for me to determine if they were off planet tech. If they thought the tech was off planet UFO, then they would naturally alert higher authority and refrain from any aggressive response so long as the drones were not threatening.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby dada » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:15 am

The higher authorities are the command position in the scenario. You're the higher authority, what would you do if you got the call about spaceships off the starbord bow of one of your seaships.

Also I don't know if every captain would necessarily ring up the chain of command to tell their higher authorities about an extra-terrestrial craft.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:39 am

I'd ask them how they knew it was ET and determine if they were correct. If probably correct, I'd ask them to gather as much data as possible about the UFOs consistent with being non-threatening. Also to try and establish communications using simple codes in all available RF bands, light, etc..

Perhaps if there are comprehensive SOPs for dealing with off planet UFOs independently, it would not be necessary, but if no such UFO SOP was available, a captain who didn't report an off planet UFO contact to the appropriate authorities would be reprimanded by the Pentagon UFO task force for they would surely find out eventually. Actually I imagine there are UFO SOPs available, but I imagine they would include the reporting of such to higher authority.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:36 am

After skim reading this review of the drone encounter, my excitement wanes as to there being the possibility of off planet tech involved. But who knows?

Multiple Destroyers Were Swarmed By Mysterious 'Drones' Off California Over Numerous Nights
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby dada » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:33 am

I think this line of reasoning naturally raises the question of what the pilot or whatver intelligence is flying the spaceship does in the situation. Does it contact an extra-terrestrial higher authority? Is there a galactic or universal standard operating procedure for dealing with contact scenarios of this type? And if it is truly galactic or universal, why aren't all terrans aware of it?
dada

Postby DrEvil » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:10 pm

BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:04 am wrote:^ It's pretty hard not to use Bing if your browser is Edge.

Well there you go, it was not that you thought the news item was untrustworthy, just that the messenger is racist. My apologies for any temporary angst this has caused, it will not happen again!

The messenger isn't "just" racist, it is racist, period. That you, and many others, don't see the issue with that and continue to blithely spread their horseshit is one of the reasons racist garbage is fucking everywhere these days.

Linking to racist sites gives them extra clicks. Extra clicks gives them more advertising money. More advertising money lets them spread their racist bile further. It doesn't matter that this particular story was innocent, it still helps support all the other shit.

Sorry for yelling at you, but god damn this stuff pisses me off. Anyway, on topic: that last story sounds more like regular drones with unknown operators than actual UFOs. Maybe someone testing the waters to see how they would react (if they didn't shoot them down this time, maybe they won't next time either when the drones are loaded with explosives or nerve toxins), or just taking a closer look at US warships in action.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:47 pm

DrEvil » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:25 pm wrote:Nothing wrong with Bing, I was just surprised to meet an actual human being that uses it.

There's everything wrong with Bing, perhaps even some things wrong with Bing that are less wrong with Google but in general, what is wrong with Bing is exactly what is wrong with Google.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby DrEvil » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:20 pm

Harvey » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:47 pm wrote:
DrEvil » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:25 pm wrote:Nothing wrong with Bing, I was just surprised to meet an actual human being that uses it.

There's everything wrong with Bing, perhaps even some things wrong with Bing that are less wrong with Google but in general, what is wrong with Bing is exactly what is wrong with Google.

Sure, but "nothing wrong" in the same sense there's "nothing wrong" with using Google. There's plenty wrong with both, but one isn't wildly more wrong than the other.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:45 pm

When I was a child of 7 or 8, I believe I witnessed a ufo soaring far to the south of my location traveling east to west at faster than any aircraft then known to fly. The year would have been 1955 or '56, so before satellites, they say. I had two abutting windows in the corner of my room and each was about two feet in length, one pane of each slid open and the other remained fixed in place. I first noticed the "light" because of its brightness and motion. In less than 30 seconds time, it crossed both, left to right. That's more than 90 degrees of arc.

I've spent a fair amount of time since gazing upwards with the hope of viewing another, hopefully one that appears to be manufactured, rather than orb or tictac like. Any would sort would do, really. I also have a great expanse of the sky in view to the southeast along the hudson river valley, so I also feel a bit cheated, considering so many sightings have been reported here.

In today's electronic navy what the ship "sees" many others do as well, simultaneously. Reporting up the chain of command is all but unnecessary.

I wondered the actual location of this event and whether it was between the Channel Islands and the coast of California, so thanks Ben, for adding that article. It also reveals the sensor system for their 5" guns, which should have worked in the infra red as does FLIR. Supposedly, there's a large undersea base for ufos deep undersea in this same area.

I wouldn't be worried about using any search engine, Harvey. I think once you turn on your computer, you've lost credibility in the privacy argument. Anyone truly concerned for their privacy should not be using electronic social media to communicate. Snail mail is more secure for the average joe concerned for his privacy. No instant gratification possible using this mode of communication, though.

I've long believed the "Watchers" recorded in ancient texts and in the bible are those visitors in the manufactured craft; the "angels," orbs. Who Knows?
Iamwhomiam

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:58 pm

dada » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:33 am wrote:I think this line of reasoning naturally raises the question of what the pilot or whatver intelligence is flying the spaceship does in the situation. Does it contact an extra-terrestrial higher authority? Is there a galactic or universal standard operating procedure for dealing with contact scenarios of this type? And if it is truly galactic or universal, why aren't all terrans aware of it?

Ok, so from the pov of earthlings, UFOs around a navy ship are an anomaly, out of the ordinary, so reactions need to be methodical and cautious to gather experience and eventually an operational procedure is developed with instructions as to the appropriate way to respond.

For ET otoh, this is a part of what they do, and perhaps have done since forever, their 'SOP' is a part of their consciousness, so no external instructions are needed as to how they go about dealing with less advance life species of known quantity. If some anomaly of consequence does occur, then yes, the space ship commander would consult with the space fleet commander.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 pm

DrEvil » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:10 am wrote:
BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:04 am wrote:^ It's pretty hard not to use Bing if your browser is Edge.

The messenger isn't "just" racist, it is racist, period. That you, and many others, don't see the issue with that and continue to blithely spread their horseshit is one of the reasons racist garbage is fucking everywhere these days.

Linking to racist sites gives them extra clicks. Extra clicks gives them more advertising money. More advertising money lets them spread their racist bile further. It doesn't matter that this particular story was innocent, it still helps support all the other shit.

Sorry for yelling at you, but god damn this stuff pisses me off. Anyway, on topic: that last story sounds more like regular drones with unknown operators than actual UFOs. Maybe someone testing the waters to see how they would react (if they didn't shoot them down this time, maybe they won't next time either when the drones are loaded with explosives or nerve toxins), or just taking a closer look at US warships in action.
Ok I get it, you will not have to complain to me again.

Yes, I tend to agree with you wrt the drones likely being of earthly origin, though there is this, surely the US Navy with all its own super tech, and with days of observation and data collection should be able to pin point their origin?
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Iamwhomiam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:45 am wrote:When I was a child of 7 or 8, I believe I witnessed a ufo soaring far to the south of my location traveling east to west at faster than any aircraft then known to fly. The year would have been 1955 or '56, so before satellites, they say. I had two abutting windows in the corner of my room and each was about two feet in length, one pane of each slid open and the other remained fixed in place. I first noticed the "light" because of its brightness and motion. In less than 30 seconds time, it crossed both, left to right. That's more than 90 degrees of arc.

I've spent a fair amount of time since gazing upwards with the hope of viewing another, hopefully one that appears to be manufactured, rather than orb or tictac like. Any would sort would do, really. I also have a great expanse of the sky in view to the southeast along the hudson river valley, so I also feel a bit cheated, considering so many sightings have been reported here.

In today's electronic navy what the ship "sees" many others do as well, simultaneously. Reporting up the chain of command is all but unnecessary.

I wondered the actual location of this event and whether it was between the Channel Islands and the coast of California, so thanks Ben, for adding that article. It also reveals the sensor system for their 5" guns, which should have worked in the infra red as does FLIR. Supposedly, there's a large undersea base for ufos deep undersea in this same area.

I wouldn't be worried about using any search engine, Harvey. I think once you turn on your computer, you've lost credibility in the privacy argument. Anyone truly concerned for their privacy should not be using electronic social media to communicate. Snail mail is more secure for the average joe concerned for his privacy. No instant gratification possible using this mode of communication, though.

I've long believed the "Watchers" recorded in ancient texts and in the bible are those visitors in the manufactured craft; the "angels," orbs. Who Knows?

I've seen a similar UFO, it was at dusk, the orb was extremely bright and crossed the sky just above the horizon though in my case the orb suddenly went vertical and became two separate lights and then again more lights until suddenly they all disappeared, the lights went out..

I agree with you, the Watchers, ET, monitor planetary evolution and imho they do get involved when the situation demands according to the mission statement. We perhaps are in one of those periods? Oh and perhaps there are other ET who are not friendly to the Watcher of humanity, or humanity?
Ben D
BenDhyan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion