Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2011?

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:...innit?...

Thats fully sic cuz.

Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I've always been confused by the coverup narrative. I can understand that you never disclose anything you can't answer questions about. As an operational guideline, that makes sense.

I find the "War of the Worlds" stunt interesting. A lot of "Disclosure" types cite the panic that resulted from the Rockefeller/Princeton project as proof that the public couldn't handle The Troof. And yet -- the Welles broadcast wasn't really about disclosure at all, it was about a hostile invasion, human casualties, the military being overwhelmed, the end of the fucking world. It was meticulously designed to induce panic. Then again, loaded experiments have been a technocratic tool to legitimize whatever they want, innit?

There's been some beautiful sci-fi work on the implications of contact, but it's such a gnarled and complex topic nobody's really done it justice. Considering the scale of the transformation involved, I don't know how any human medium could do the subject much justice anyway.

I would argue that humanity needs ETI, desperately. If it does not exist, it is necessary to invent some.

We have been so mentally corralled into the ET or Human+ or Alien memestreams.
The essential experience of 'Otherness', of being seen in a friendly way but kept at a distance, of how other beings can also be 'animal' - I think is captured in this, which is one of my fav contact experiences.
"Now it is your turn. Would you perhaps like to see Us from dose up?"

I tensed involuntarily, and my heart began to beat faster. "I am afraid that I will get a shock if I see you."

"That is true. Nothing is more intense than a visual confrontation with another intelligent race. Do you feel strong enough not to panic?"

"Now that I know that I have nothing to fear from you, I will not panic."

"You certainly have nothing to fear from us; on the contrary, we are indebted to you. Look through the window to the right of the screen. When we turn on the light, you will be able to look into our navigation room. Ready? Right, then, here we go."

I looked into a huge, round chamber, about forty-five feet across and nine feet high. From the decompression chamber I could see over the greatest part of the navigation area, with its vast contents of instruments and control panels. Strangely, all the instruments and panels were mounted on the floor with walkways alongside and separated by vertical metal grills that reached the roof. Everything was dark blue in color, almost black, causing a very strange lighting effect. The dominating blue-black surfaces acted as an almost invisible background against which all the white or polished metal knobs, handles and instruments stood out in dear relief as though luminous. The encompassing vertical wall of the dome looked as though it was made of glass; the highly polished material reflected strongly and gave a very strange lighting effect from the reflections. On many of the panels diversely colored lights burned, interposed by dark transparent strips on which flashes or darting lines could be seen. An imposing piece of technology. I suddenly realized that there was no sign of life whatsoever. "Well, where are you, then?"

"Prepare yourself. You may see Us now." A light came on illuminating an area directly in front of the window. I sprang back! In spite of my mental preparation, the paralyzing fear had returned quite suddenly and cold shivers ran over my scalp, through my neck and over my shoulders. On the other side of the window, in a half circle as though at a conference table, sat eight strange humanoid beings. Their faces and forms radiated as much primitive animal power as haughty intelligence superiority. I felt again the uncertainty of yesterday, a reaction to their obvious superiority and self-assurance. I am convinced that any intelligent man would have felt the same, and that this reaction is a part of our makeup. The same feeling that I did not belong here, that even these steel walls could not protect me from the mental impact made by this intelligent "pressure group" from a much higher level of civilization and development, with their fantastic knowledge, belonging to a strange, distant world. Their unearthly, somewhat animal, faces, with a dynamic expressive ability, emphasized the difference in our places of origin to such an extent that I am convinced it touches areas that to Us are still taboo, and which have been since time began. When you are unable to draw, how on earth can you expect someone else to draw a face that he has never dreamed existed? How can you create a portrait with words? My friend, Rudolf Das, who accepted the task of drawing the pictures of this book, was driven nearly to distraction by my dubious attempts to produce a good likeness, one which would demonstrate their superiority. He finally convinced me that even a photograph would not effectively convey what I had in mind. The facial expressions must be left, unhappily, to the imagination of the reader.

It was the hypnotic effect of their eyes, with their large, rectangular pupils) that made the deepest impression on me. They were the thoughtful, peaceful eyes of deep philosophical thinkers that were studying me with quizzical friendliness. Their heads were about the same size as ours, only slightly deeper toward the back; and in the middle of the skull was a bony ridge that changed into a deep groove in the center of the forehead. It gave the impression of a skull divided into two separate compartments. Toward the back of their heads the ridge ended in a semicircular muscle formation that ran down the neck and into the shoulders, making the side view of the neck much heavier looking than ours. The same is true of the whole construction of their bodies. They were much more solidly built than we are. Their arms and shoulders, although of much the same proportions as ours, were much heavier and more muscular and, combined with the clawlike hands, gave an impression of strength that would have come a dose second to a bench vise.
Searcher08

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 am

Totally discredited as a Pentagon decoy 'cover-up' used by CIA to herd the naive into the CIA-controlled media and discredit all info outside the muddled middle.

Begin with Roswell Cancer Institute, Nazi rocket scientists who 'changed direction so quickly,' V2 alien technology engineering and Project Paperclip, Bush and Union Bank company busted by Alien Property Custodian, etc.

duh.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:15 am

Are you trying to get banned again?

Get down off the cross dude, its cold and the fire is getting low.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:52 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Totally discredited as a Pentagon decoy 'cover-up' used by CIA to herd the naive into the CIA-controlled media and discredit all info outside the muddled middle.

Begin with Roswell Cancer Institute, Nazi rocket scientists who 'changed direction so quickly,' V2 alien technology engineering and Project Paperclip, Bush and Union Bank company busted by Alien Property Custodian, etc.

duh.

No meaning, no context. My alarm bells go off when I see words like "totally" and "all".
Just 'everyone else is wrong and I'm Right' which given the importance of the field you are saying you want to alert people to, is a case study of 'shooting oneself in the cognitive foot'.

Why not respond to my post Hugh? What do you think about it?
Searcher08

Postby Sepka » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Nazi rocket scientists who 'changed direction so quickly,'

The "Nazi" rocket scientists changed direction not in the least. They wanted to get men into space. Who provided the funding was immaterial.
- Sepka the Space Weasel

One Furry Mofo!
Sepka

Postby Stephen Morgan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Sepka wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Nazi rocket scientists who 'changed direction so quickly,'

The "Nazi" rocket scientists changed direction not in the least. They wanted to get men into space. Who provided the funding was immaterial.

No doubt the sudden lack of expendable slave labour was only a minor inconvenience.

Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Searcher08 wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Totally discredited as a Pentagon decoy 'cover-up' used by CIA to herd the naive into the CIA-controlled media and discredit all info outside the muddled middle.

duh.

No meaning, no context. My alarm bells go off when I see words like "totally" and "all".
Just 'everyone else is wrong and I'm Right' which given the importance of the field you are saying you want to alert people to, is a case study of 'shooting oneself in the cognitive foot'.

Jeff Wells has banned discussion of the science of language and psyops in context. His rule, not mine.
You could start a TOTALLY different thread from scratch, ya see.....
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
Searcher08 wrote:

duh.

Jeff Wells has banned discussion of the science of language and psyops in context. His rule, not mine.

No he has banned you screeching about it like a like a mad cocky on every fucking thread. If you quoted the bit you wanted and started your open thread about how psyops and language and KWD was relevant no one would have an issue Jeff included.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Speaking as a mod, I don't think Hugh's comment was that out of line, was it? His opinion is valid and there's documentation for that -- although I'm amused to note that without the document skullduggery of UFOlogists, Hugh wouldn't have the data points for his opinion. The totality of your diction is telling, but it ain't telling nothing new. It's Hugh. I think he made his contribution to the thread.

As a fan of his performance art, though, I do think this was more of a token effort. His improvisation felt forced, and the lack of images or links made the whole set feel uninspired. No solos, weak encore, 3/10.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:.....
As a fan of his performance art, though, I do think this was more of a token effort. His improvisation felt forced, and the lack of images or links made the whole set feel uninspired. No solos, weak encore, 3/10.

"Oooh. A very low score from the Venutian judge. That's going to hurt!"

Joe, my Aussie amigo. Please visit my comment at this thread and spend some time swirling it before spitting it out.
See vouz play. Play, vouz, play--
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19701&p=420953#p420953

"Bon soir!"
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Joe, my Aussie amigo. Please visit my comment at this thread and spend some time swirling it before spitting it out.

Man I dunno what to say - the Moorman thing? Did you know that Highlander had a mate who was a moor? Steve Jones - well I can understand why you feel that way. I just disagree.

Seriously hugh, do a philosophy of science course, then come back to your whole KWH thing, and accept that the universe is all connected. In the strangest of ways. Cos it is. Especially at this website where the associative aspects of reality are really on show. You need to either apply way more rigour to your conclusions or you need to get much better at communicating your ideas. And you need to get more critical, try to disprove your own theses wrt specific examples before you post them. Believe me some will still survive the process and come thru stronger and more powerful because of it. I'm saying this in the spirit of friendly (tho frustrated) criticism.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 am

This thread is a perfect example of why I don't post here that often. I got tired of Hugh coming in to disrupt threads with his "everything is a CIA psyop" thread hijacking. You can't have a serious debate or discussion about UFOs, the paranormal, high strangeness, psychedelics or any of what Hugh affectionately dubs "woo" without him running in and flashing himself and his meme.

It came to the point where I realized that he wouldn't stop and that he wouldn't get banned, so I took the easier route: I stopped posting.

And maybe that is precisely what Hugh's modus operandi is.

Strangely (or coincidentally) enough, it's also where the state of ufology in 2011 is at.
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby elfismiles » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:27 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:

You have a whole fucking forum for your shite Hugh:

Psyops and Meme Management
viewforum.php?f=44

Go play in your sanbox of shit.

It really gets old, you not being able to entertain other possibilities when so many here have at least considered your perspective and tried to help you provide evidence for it.

So many times I and others have AGREED WITH YOU that at least PART of WOO is PsyOps ... but can you respectfully reciprocate? NO FUCKING WAY. Cuz yer too god-damned better than us ignorant proles.

Start your own blog and recruit your own Keywurd-Kultists to lick your invisible emperor boots.

PLEASE!!!
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Pierre d'Achoppement » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 am

I'm going to see a UFO and meet real aliens this year while tripping on mu shrooms and I'll let you know how it went BTW.

lol@elfismile's new avatar
Jeff: I'm afraid that Earth, a-all of Earth, is nothing but an intergalactic reality-TV show.
Man 2: My God. We're famous! [everyone stands and whoops it up]
- script from "Cancelled" - South Park
Pierre d'Achoppement

Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion