Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2011?

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:35 am

Attack Ships on Fire wrote:This thread is a perfect example of why I don't post here that often. I got tired of Hugh coming in to disrupt threads with his "everything is a CIA psyop" thread hijacking. You can't have a serious debate or discussion about UFOs, the paranormal, high strangeness, psychedelics or any of what Hugh affectionately dubs "woo" without him running in and flashing himself and his meme.

It came to the point where I realized that he wouldn't stop and that he wouldn't get banned, so I took the easier route: I stopped posting.

And maybe that is precisely what Hugh's modus operandi is.

Strangely (or coincidentally) enough, it's also where the state of ufology in 2011 is at.

I hope you stick around - it's gonna take more disruption than HMW to derail THIS thread :angelwings:

I would like to offer some ideas, which build on some of the ideas in the Hauntology thread.

Preparations for seeing The Sphere
The astronauts tended to report profoundly moving and life changing experiences as a result of the of seeing the whole of the Earth from space.. it created a huge wave of personal transformation. I remember reading stats that said 1 in 3 astronauts became Evangelicals, 1 in 3 became alcoholics, 1 in 3 mystics)

Everything that has occured within music is now being accessed and randomly cut and pasted and mixed together. There are two broad classes of approaches.

One appropriates without interest as to context - doing is like taking a chicken wing, an apple, a custard pie and a cup of coffee then liquidising the ingredients micrwaving the resultant grey goo and calling it a 'breakthrough'. It isnt . It's crap.

The other tries to weave together
. This is MUCH more difficult.
Like saying the Sefiroth of the Qabbala are the same as Chakras is to create a mapping that looses the richness of both traditions.

Imagine a representation of ALL music and film and literature and theatre and architecture and dance that has ever been recorded or enacted.

Imagine it like a 3-d augmented reality holographic Sphere that you can interact with neurally, gesturally, aurally a hundred ways....

My Intuition is that when this happens, the next mini-shift in human evolution will take place. The Unknown Future.

That Future that is currently shaped like the WorldWide Web is shaped in the year 1965.

I predict an epidemic of cultural grey goo and depression and cultural innovation on life-support before it.
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sepka » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:52 am

Stephen Morgan wrote:No doubt the sudden lack of expendable slave labour was only a minor inconvenience.

No inconvenience whatsoever. We gave them money to hire skilled, willing labour. Which would you rather have?
- Sepka the Space Weasel

One Furry Mofo!
Sepka

Postby Stephen Morgan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 am

Sepka wrote:
Stephen Morgan wrote:No doubt the sudden lack of expendable slave labour was only a minor inconvenience.

No inconvenience whatsoever. We gave them money to hire skilled, willing labour. Which would you rather have?

Imprisoned him for war crimes.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:55 am

Have fun and be safe.

RE: the avatar - can't take credit but I loved it the first time I saw it here at ole RI. It's even better at its original HUGhE size.

Pierre d'Achoppement wrote:I'm going to see a UFO and meet real aliens this year while tripping on mu shrooms and I'll let you know how it went BTW.

lol@elfismile's new avatar
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby crikkett » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Searcher08 wrote:
"That is true. Nothing is more intense than a visual confrontation with another intelligent race. Do you feel strong enough not to panic?"

ORLY?
http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2009/05/bu ... urant.html

(What a cutie :lovehearts: )
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Stephen Morgan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:27 pm

I refer you to the most recent episode of Charles Chilton's Journey Into Space on Radio 7.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Some relevant speculation and questions via Vinay Gupta....

Source: http://vinay.howtolivewiki.com/blog/other/when-2713

Declassify the real launch vehicles – the SR-71 did Mach 4 at 100,000 feet officially in the 1960s. We have 45 years of technological development since the SR-71 was designed, and the official story is that the now-grounded 1980s technology Space Shuttle is the best we can do. They’re lying. You know it. I know it. We need the real launch vehicles declassified, or at least the bits we need for civilian access to space. Need, not want.

Get the high frontier back – we’re trapped on earth and we’re turning on each other. Blame mammalian or primate psychology, but we don’t like to be in a confined environment with no way to expand to get more resources. It makes our genes restless, then aggressive. It is our will to go, and we are in a secret pitched battle with the secret state for access to space, which is the only place we have to expand into. We need the agencies to declassify a real launch technology, for the benefit of the entire human race. Who’s our Kennedy?

I cannot stress how important this is. People invariably misunderstand this part, but step back, have a think about it. We’ve gone from relatively hard science to speculation about black space programs. Are we still on solid ground? Do they have these things? If so, when will they release them for the benefit of all of humanity?

Also a good short read: http://files.howtolivewiki.com/in_a_pag ... litics.pdf
Wombaticus Rex

Postby operator kos » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Some relevant speculation and questions via Vinay Gupta....

Just out of curiosity, how much do you know about the author you've quoted?
operator kos

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Just out of curiosity, exactly how in the fuck am I supposed to measure that in order to respond to you? I guess I know enough about him. Are you framing it like that because you've got some beef you want to vent?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:36 am

...ignoring the foam-flecked ad hominem spiitle of those who want more entertainment and less exposing fascism....

If you still don't get how UFO disinfo is social control, you are barely even in anti-fascist pre-school. Do more homework.

Vinay Gupta's take on military social control's institutionalized neuroses is very interesting. Yes, he's intefacing with mil-intel. Like this-

....I want you to stop seeing the State as anything more than a garbage collecting utility function. Your nationality should not matter any more than your ethnicity or your religion, it’s a tiny facet of your humanity, not a reason to draw a line on a map and go to war. The myrmidons of the State are trapped by a theology which acknowledges only a single word of god, a single point where the Divine Right of Kings radiates out from. Where these competing groups with nuclear weapons meet, two different conceptions of reality are locked in conflict. The strain this puts on the fabric of the planet, on the very fundamental survival of humanity, threatens us all. We must take our nuclear warriors off duty, and make it clear to them that we will settle our differences without organized violence of the kind that could ever escalate to the use of weapons of mass destruction – or, indeed, military weapons at all. They cannot back down from their status as our guardians, and yet we cannot afford the terrible price of requiring such protection. It is up to the people of earth to dissolve the stains between each-other in an equitable, harmonious way, to make a political peace so strong and so vivid that the nuclear watchmen can hang up their bombs and retire.

They are not keeping us in cages for their amusement – they are keeping us in cages for our protection.

What can I do?

I believe we could lose a couple of billion people this decade. Ten years from now there might not be five billion humans left. A collapsing reserve currency could stop the international food trade dead for two years, and starve hundreds of millions or even a billion people. To this add War, most likely a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan, or god forbid nuclear terrorism against America or Israel, either of which might desecrate much of the world in insane retaliation depending on the manner and nature of the attacks. It could be a rough decade. Everywhere the choice will be “guns or butter” because not every cultural mandate can be carried in lean times of economic contraction. In the good times, at least in America, we had “both/and” thinking, both social programs and military spending. Now we are going to have to choose, and I hope to god the calculus is correct, and we get an America able to play its part in a democratic peace, and not a a yet-more-unbalanced tyrant. Maybe this will happen. Maybe not.

We have to heal the cultural split which opened between civil society and the military during the 1960s, when our defenders became our enemies. I’ve seen these guys up close, and they are excellent people. The leaders of the military-industrial complex that I have met so far are as subtle and thoughtful human beings as humanity has to offer, trapped in an impossible situation by the sudden advent of the nuclear age, where we went from Spear Politics + Rifles to Spear Politics + Nuclear Missiles over the course of 20 years. Culturally, neither we nor they have had time to catch up to the realities of the nuclear age, and now we must give the order to stand down. We must not see the increasing pressure on the global environment (including forces like climate change) give rise to a new generation of military tensions which can (and eventually will) escalate into nuclear or worse wars. You can see it between India and Pakistan, you can, if you dare, see it between America and China or even between Russia and Europe. These are all flashpoints that could escalate, and it is our job to bring such a strong peace and such a strong demand for peace, not by harassing our own side’s military, but by making common cause with citizens of other countries to heal the world so that not one person in the world will every believe it is their duty to use a nuclear weapon ever again.

It is our job to do this. Civil society must address the ongoing economic genocide of the poor and the destruction of the biosphere and the massive tensions which exist between countries or governments will inevitably continue the global gridlock, and the gridlock will eventually lead to more war.

When President Obama was elected, he asked the public to push, to keep the pressure up on Washington, to get the radical agenda through. The public then sat back on its ass, and Obama has aged ten years and burned most of his backbone just holding the line against Republican wolves. Lackluster support may have cost us the Leader of the Free World we could have believed in. Anonymous snipes at minor enforcers and structural hypocrites, but thus far has not stepped up to offer up a constructive alternative to the activities of the organizations they are taking down.

All I can say is, find something to do. Figure out what your will is, what you’re here to change, and change it. Our old models, of forming groups with complex structures, are not producing change. The UN has ossified into a shell and does little innovation in most areas. Above all, the climate process is gridlocked, deadlocked and lethal. Get behind somebody who might know what they are doing, and push.

I only have two bits of advice for you. Number one, stop smoking. Number two, stop watching television. I don’t know a single person who watches a lot of TV, not one, because people who have a TV habit cannot keep up.

So back to the question of human rights. We must square the circle: if we are to have Freedom, what do we do about those who want to poison the world with a little dioxin-filled incinerator at the bottom of the garden, or a mercury-leeching gold mine in the Amazon? How do we say no to people with foolish needs? Are we to rely on the power of the State to police what we consider distasteful, yet demand Freedom for ourselves? No, we cannot do this, not yet.

Here’s my advice for you. Do everything you can do to solve the world’s real problems. Look mercilessly at what needs to be done, and with some beneficence at yourself, but get moving. We’ve sat around in consensus circles until the cushions are tired and nothing on remotely the scale required to change the world has happened. While that has been going on, the nerds have been prototyping a new form of human interworking called do-ocracy or open source. This approach has started to out-compete the biggest and smartest of the corporations. It’s spreading into physical plant and distributed manufacturing. But we haven’t figured out how to get leverage on politics, or how to head this awful global trouble off at the pass.

I don’t know whether what I’ve said is going to be meaningful to you or not. It’s very hard to get far enough out to get a truly global perspective, and once you are that far out, there seem to be only two choices: platitudes, or the full, but often incomprehensible, truth.

I am Vinay. I have always erred on the side of the incomprehensible truth. I’m not sure how many of you can hear me, or understand what I have to say. This is a planetary emergency. You have been activated. You’ve been activated since you were born. You just have to remember that you are a fully-empowered agent of human evolution, the planet you were born on is dying, and species-level pathologies formed around the creation of the nuclear weapon, interfacing with deeper scars left by bad religious theology have wedged us into a no-win global political deadlock that could kill us all, along with all future human beings, and every living thing that walks, swims, flies or crawls upon this earth. Go forth.

Put it into high gear. You’ve got nothing to lose, and it’s only the media that’s telling you that you have. Tyler Durden was an optimist. Saul Alinsky wasn’t that radical. John Boyd was a man of peace.

You are the benediction. Go forth and bless the world by getting off your ass, and damn the consequences of stepping out of synch with the culture around you so that you can directly face and address the real problems of the world.

Vinay Gupta
Director, Hexayurt Project
Tuesday August 16th 2011, 8AM from the long side.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:00 am

Hugh, UFO disinfo interests me because it is social control. I love how you browbeat us even when we're agreeing with you.

Anyways. Vinay's point about the parallel covert program strikes at the heart of an interesting question Hugh is too pedantic to countenance: What is the cover up for? What's behind the curtain? What is the actual technology being developed under folks like Ben Rich? What are the parameters of the parallel military space program?

I found myself watching this entire presentation but it's mostly a re-hash of Sinister Forces material and linkages -- I was hoping someone would be addressing an actual "Secret Space Program" since that was the subject of the talks. Instead it was a long cast of characters, heavy on Paperclip and JFK correspondences, followed by some of Peter's usual lines of speculation.

Did anyone attend this conference? Was there any actual evidence brought forward by any of the speakers indicating an actual "secret space program" ?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby operator kos » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:30 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Just out of curiosity, exactly how in the fuck am I supposed to measure that in order to respond to you? I guess I know enough about him. Are you framing it like that because you've got some beef you want to vent?

Sorry, that was framed oddly because I do have beef, but not the type I want to vent. So I'm trying to get other people's reads on the guy. I'll PM you.
operator kos

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 am

Gotcha. I've had a lot of people air grievances with Vinay when I present his material, and I get frustrated because it's utterly beside the point of the work he is doing right now and a great way to derail a meaningful conversation about a marco-issues and turn the conversation towards personal gossip. I apologize for responding with my canine teeth.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby justdrew » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 am

is there a good biography on Lavenda? I'm not finding a birth date even. He was a member of AOCC, must have been rather young at the time. Isn't he likely an insider? or does he have some sort of whistleblower angle to his presentations? I'm going to go ahead and see that presentation Wombat, looks interesting...

one thing to consider, if there IS a secret space program, with much better tech than we know about, there must also be a MUCH better technology out there for information storage, retrieval and processing than we're familiar with. Something like a wikipedia that (partially) writes itself with an AI-like info-link recommendation system. Maybe Xanadu was actually made?

Anyway there seems to be a great capability for managing huge amounts of info going back well before computers though, these elaborate front groups and organizations and the odd plans these people ran over the course of decades, how they kept it all straight despite overlapping layers of obfuscation, kefabe, disinfo, etc... is a serious question.

Perhaps they used primarily human intelligence and memory, along with a good phone-tree like organization structure to dump data to. So while no one person would know everything, they could quickly figure out who to call (or write to) to get needed info from. This would be a major secondary function all insiders would play a part in, so another reason and use for a large population of selectively informed and fully compromised network of 'semi-insiders' - how many locked filing cabinets are in spare rooms of otherwise unremarkable people's houses... Probably most of that's been swept up into modernized systems by now. but maybe not everything, and some sub-groups may well still maintain a purely human-based network information system.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:51 am

Peter Levenda. Jeff has written about him re: his connection to the vulgar edition of The Necronomicon. Author of the Sinister Forces series: http://sinisterforces.info/

Having seen the site for this Secret Space Program event, I have my head in my fucking hands regretting having even invoked it.... http://www.secretspaceprogram.com/ Good old Hoagland.

Anyways, Levenda's one sheet says he was born in the Bronx in 1950. If that helps on your path.

Dolan's video, in case anyone was interested:

Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion