Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Postby BenDhyan » Fri May 28, 2021 8:48 am

Sounds very interesting fruhmenschen, the question was put to me forty years ago if it was possible to reverse the spin of the electrons in my body, and if so, what would happen. I have subsequently thought long and hard about it over time and had not found anything that resonated within my mind, nor found even one article on the subject until your post, I thank you and look forward to at last getting back to the task.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby dada » Fri May 28, 2021 8:23 pm

The theory I am working under is that thought itself is light moving faster than its constant speed in a vacuum, which is the "speed limit" of mass. Consciousness is the vehicle of thought. As the vehicle, it is the "body" of thought, and so it can be said to not be a mass body, and not be a massless thought itself, but is in between, in the world or dimension where "spirits take body, and bodies are spiritualized."

Maybe this can be likened to the in-between worldspaces that the other scientist-philosophers are talking about. Consciousness, as the vehicle of thought, both runs on thought, and always moves at the speed faster than light of the thought that is currently fueling it.

Consciousness itself as faster than light vehicle of thought, has something to it worth considering in the context of UFOs, I think.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby BenDhyan » Sat May 29, 2021 7:13 am

Yes, I'm sure consciousness has a lot to do with UFOs, the world's collective consciousness is ready for some big changes as the space age, AI, and scientific knowledge generally unfolds apace. I'm very interested in what part the electron plays in all of this though, food for contemplation here imho. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/long-fuse-big-bang/201509/telekinesis-making-things-move-your-mind-is-possible
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby dada » Sat May 29, 2021 8:58 pm

Just want to continue a little further on the idea of consciousness as faster than light vehicle. Thought being massless, consciousness being the "body" in the "field in-between," not mass, not massless. The question is of the physical body, the "carrier" of the vehicle.

We have to insist that the body made of dead mass, is not the carrier. The living body that is the carrier, is made of light, moving slower than the constant speed in the vacuum. So faster than light travel isn't like star trek teleportation, beaming dead mass around, breaking it apart and reconstructing it, raising the question of whether the reconstructed body is the same as the body before it was derezzed.

It is more like the vehicle "projects" the carrier at speeds slower than the constant. This is an important and necessary concept to grasp if you really want to travel at speeds faster than light. This idea of the difference between a body made of dead mass, and a living body made of thought moving at sublight speeds.

To help get at the idea, we look at the vehicle in the in-between as a mirror which reflects thought. We could say it's a thought-mirror, made of thought and reflecting it. The thoughts reflected in the mirror are like objects reflected in a regular old mirror. Take the object out of the line of sight of the mirror, the image disappears, but the object still exists. Also if the mirror is broken, the image disappears, but the object still exists. It is the same with thought. Take the thought out of view of the vehicle, or break the vehicle, the images of the thoughts are no longer seen, but the thoughts still exist.

We've put it this way to now consider the carrier in the same light. The living body, the carrier, is also like a mirror, the image of the vehicle is seen reflected in it. Remove the carrier, the image disappears, but the vehicle still exists.

So if the thought is of dead mass, the carrier is percieved as a body made of dead mass, and the vehicle is perceived to be born in dead mass, and die back into dead mass, and cannot project the living carrier as it touches down in the different worlds. If the thought is of the living, the vehicle is perceived to be the living extension of thought, and the carrier a living extension, or projection, of the vehicle.

I think this "restructuring" of the mass body carrier, perceiving it to be composed of living thought as opposed to dead mass, is maybe the most difficult psychological hurdle for a scientist-philosopher to span. Much more difficult than the idea of the in-between field.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby dada » Mon May 31, 2021 4:15 pm

This thread is clearly moving in two different directions at once. There is the general ufology line of expectant revelation, and there is the, for lack of a better term, other way.

And I get the feeling that it will continue along these lines, for now. Where is ufology in 2051 will not look very much different on the general ufology line, but the other way will have bore fruit. It will be the point when the scientist is hit with the full weight of the implications, that the truth is in there, and not "out there," and never was out there to begin with, all this time. The truth is only "out there" in the sense of out of sight, far out, and weirder than all the xfiles hanging out and space invaders fantasies combined.

Some already know this, but whatever. There are no proofs to be demonstrated. And the general ufology line beckons as always, with the promise of revelations.

And we have to wonder if interstellar and intergalactic space travel is only possible for a select few on every habitable planet, everywhere, and at every stage of all the evolutions of the various beings. Not the astronauts, but the real, actual faster than light aliens. They aren't representatives of space navys, coming from the superpower states on all worlds. That is just mass production on a search for new markets, same as it is here on this planet.

Raises a question as to the objective relevance of mars, for humankind. But it also underscores the actual method of finding the weird truth, in there. We aren't preparing to play missle command against the hostile foreign invaders, but already playing missle command, shooting down the endless waves of mass culture garbage falling on us everyday from every angle. Only this creates the space to find the alien truth.

Missile command, if you've ever played it, is an incredibly difficult game. Most, like me, don't last five minutes before seeing game over. There are two ways to play, bonus cities, or six cities only. When protecting six cities only, the strategy is different, and no one can last for very long. I know a few guys who can go four to six hours or so, best in the world. But with bonus cities, the strategy is to gain more cities than you lose, staying ahead of the curve. A strategy of adequacy, which can take a top player up over fifty hours or more.

It is the same with Qbert. I hold the world record for the five qbert game, just under eight hours. But playing the bonus qberts game, using the strategy of adequacy, the bar is set at just under eighty-five hours. I hold that record, too.

So maybe it's better to say that an actual, no bullshit alien contact strategy is kind of like playing missile command, qbert, and defender at the same time. Got to defend the humans. Requiring three entirely different skillsets, and a few more arms.

So we can see why humans are having such difficulty with the reality of faster than light travel. Maybe it will look different in 2051.
dada

Postby dada » Mon May 31, 2021 6:18 pm

"There are no proofs to be demonstrated"

I should be clear, I mean that there are no proofs that one can demonstrate to another. There are real proofs, but they are the proofs each one must come to themselves. So you can see the difficulty that many might have with wrapping their heads around what actual, faster than light technology really is, and where it might be constructed.
dada

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:53 am

...we’re in hearty agreement about one of the oddest phenomena in recent news: the remarkable 180° pivot that has Pentagon brass earnestly insisting that UFOs really are buzzing around the skies of our planet.

You have to have some sense of the development of the UFO phenomenon over the last three quarters of a century to realize how bizarre this is. From the day in 1947 when Kenneth Arnold landed at an airfield in Washington State to report that he’d seen something in the air that moved “like a saucer skipped over water”—yes, that’s where the label “flying saucer” came from—the US military has had a consistent and curious relationship to reports of strange things in the sky. On the one hand, officials denied that there was anything happening at all. On the other, a steady stream of leaks, reports, off-the-record statements, and tantalizing scraps of data from military sources have fed the controversy, and kept it going when it would otherwise have gone to the same Valhalla of forgotten fads as phrenology and Richard Shaver’s Dero hoax.

That was the Pentagon playbook, and they followed it to the letter for longer than either Brin or I have been alive. Now all of a sudden that playbook has gone out the window. Media flacks from the armed services are giving press briefings in which they brandish photos that are blurry and ambiguous even by the rock-bottom standards of UFO imagery—the sort of thing you’d expect from a VHS video camera circa 1980, as though the US military has no better cameras than that—and insist gravely that there are things buzzing through our planet’s skies that do things no mere Earthling technology can imitate.

David Brin doesn’t buy it. He proposes that what’s actually happening is that the US military is using all this babble about UFOs to provide camouflage for secret military technologies. I admit I grinned when I saw this comment of his, because my 2009 book on the UFO phenomenon (reissued this year in a revised and expanded edition as The UFO Chronicles) identified exactly this as one of the primary sources of UFO reports. That’s why they’re donning sun hats on Nix and popping open cold beers on Kerberos right now: Brin and I, starting from radically different basic stances, have come to the same conclusion, which is that a set of official statements from national authorities are complete hogwash and shouldn’t be trusted.

https://www.ecosophia.net/toward-the-breaking-point/
Belligerent Savant

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:22 am

The very simplest conclusion based on many, many years of observation is that the folks in charge are lying through their teeth. Now that we have established that, we can get on with figuring out what these things really are, whether it be earthly military tech or something else.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:54 am

It's such a bizarre timeline, when offworld UFO craft being taken seriously by the CIA, Pentagon, politicians, and the media is met with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ shrug by most people. I mean if it's not US "black budget", "China/Russia adversarial leap frog tech", or "anomalous weather/birds/swamp gas"...well what else is there?

To me the big news of today is that NASA is now taking "UAP" seriously. Scientists, astro physicists, etc are always out there saying there's nothing to the UFO phenomenon...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/tech/ufo ... index.html

NASA is getting serious about UFOs
NASA's new chief is setting up an effort to further study unidentified flying objects within his first month in office.
Bill Nelson, the former Florida senator and spaceflight veteran, told CNN Business' Rachel Crane during a wide-ranging interview on Thursday that it's not clear to anyone — even in the upper echelons of the US space agency — what the high-speed objects observed by Navy pilots are.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby dada » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:58 am

" it's not clear to anyone — even in the upper echelons of the US space agency — what the high-speed objects observed by Navy pilots are."

The objects are seen, chased, and get away. So the behavior is like when fairies get playful with humans. Also like chasing leprechauns. They always manage to get away before the pot of gold is found.

Unless they are followed out of this world, into theirs, into the weirding. But that happens only very rarely, even in fairy tales. The idea of course is not new, that the ufo and the extraterrestrial alien are phenomena like other "magical" contact events, fairies, ghost, angel, jinn, and all the others that don't seem to fit any classifications, rare specialty uniques. The extraterrestrial as not only from "out of this world," but out of this dimensional reality that we inhabit, from the "spaces in-between," the wierding.

The appearances are thought to be dependent on the emotional state of "sensitive" observers. Like how poltergeist events seem to happen most often around little girls. No reason that soldiers and sailors can't be sensitives, too. The ufos then are like our modern day fairies flying magitech craft. So it's really a fashion statement from the weirding, a sleek and stylish new look, the latest brought to you by the phenomenal beings of the outworld.
dada

Postby elfismiles » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:53 pm

I expect even less from NASA than I do for the UAPTF report ...

8bitagent » 05 Jun 2021 09:54 wrote:It's such a bizarre timeline, when offworld UFO craft being taken seriously by the CIA, Pentagon, politicians, and the media is met with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ shrug by most people. I mean if it's not US "black budget", "China/Russia adversarial leap frog tech", or "anomalous weather/birds/swamp gas"...well what else is there?

To me the big news of today is that NASA is now taking "UAP" seriously. Scientists, astro physicists, etc are always out there saying there's nothing to the UFO phenomenon...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/tech/ufo ... index.html

NASA is getting serious about UFOs
NASA's new chief is setting up an effort to further study unidentified flying objects within his first month in office.
Bill Nelson, the former Florida senator and spaceflight veteran, told CNN Business' Rachel Crane during a wide-ranging interview on Thursday that it's not clear to anyone — even in the upper echelons of the US space agency — what the high-speed objects observed by Navy pilots are.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:28 am

Questioning Reid to AATIP and TTSA: 2004-2021 "Behind the Curtain" by Chris Lambright
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uPLXX2 ... N2flQ/view

More from Christian Lambright's latest paper
https://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspo ... atest.html
My last post concerned new information from former Lt. Col. Douglas Kurth, which he provided to U.S. researcher Christian Lambright, about the …

Former Lt. Col. Douglas Kurth speaks out about the Tic Tac
https://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspo ... s-out.html
Much has been written about the origins of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP,) and the November 2004 U.S. S. Nimitz …

What do UFOs have to do with the lab leak? (from Livestream #81)
42,260 views • May 28, 2021
DarkHorse Podcast Clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTUG1gyUDFU

FLASHBACK:
Chevrolet Made a Horrifying Alien Abduction Film to Introduce the Corsica
automobilemag.com - Aaron Gold
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/chev ... ion-movie/

1987 Chevrolet Corsica Alien Commercial - 35mm - HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uLuNobnvi4
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:23 pm

This is a link to the report, About what we expected, no evidence of aliens, but nothing is being ruled out.

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3AvrrMx9KEPaGtt1XTY06TJgIuIf_haxns8cyGdZxCKZtZPHjD9diYQqQ

Pentagon report acknowledges 143 UFO sightings that it can’t explain

Posted June 25, 2021

The U.S. military has no terrestrial explanation for the dozens of unidentified flying objects that it’s documented in recent decades — but that doesn’t mean the UFOs are proof of alien visitors, according to a long-awaited intelligence report provided to U.S. Congress on Friday.

The unclassified, nine-page report acknowledges 144 encounters with what the government calls Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) since 2004. It only manages to explain one of those sightings as a deflated weather balloon, and it does not provide any new videos or photos of the other mysterious encounters

Intelligence officials say that most of the sightings were likely physical objects and not tricks of the light. They say none of those objects were secret American projects, and they found no evidence that the UFOs might be advanced hypersonic technology from Russia or China.

They also found no evidence to suggest that the objects were spacecraft from another world, nor did they claim to have evidence of captured alien bodies or technology. The report itself does not include the word “alien” anywhere in its text.

“Of the 144 reports we are dealing with here, we have no clear indications that there is any non-terrestrial explanation for them — but we will go wherever the data takes us,” a senior U.S. official told CNN.

In other words, officials can’t say that these strange UFOs are — or are not — aliens. They simply remain unidentified.

The report says that 80 of the sightings showed up on multiple sensor devices, and that 11 cases involved “near-miss” collisions with American personnel.

Some of the objects “appeared to exhibit unusual flight characteristics,” the report says, echoing public comments made by pilots who claim to have seen UFOs firsthand. The report also acknowledges that these strange movements “could be the result of sensor errors, spoofing or observer misperception.”

It goes on to say that there is likely not one single explanation for the 143 mystery sightings.

Investigators compared many of the sightings to possible causes such as birds, weather balloons, military tests, foreign technology or natural occurring phenomena. They did not have enough data to fully categorize everything they found, and the 143 remaining sightings were simply listed as “other.”

The report acknowledges that there may be some bias in the data, as most of the documented sightings were made by pilots who were using advanced sensors in U.S. testing and training areas. It also cites “unit expectations and guidance to report anomalies” as potential issues with the data.

The report adds to the mystery surrounding these UAPs, acknowledging their existence while offering no evidence to point to their origins.

Several senior government officials spoiled the gist of the report earlier this month, when they shared details of an advance briefing with the New York Times. Those early reports underestimated the number of UFO sightings in recent years.

The report itself is unclassified, but it includes an appendix that remains classified.

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, who had pushed for the report, hailed its release on Friday.

“For years, the men and women we trust to defend our country reported encounters with unidentified aircraft that had superior capabilities, and for years their concerns were often ignored and ridiculed,” he said.

“This report is an important first step in cataloging these incidents, but it is just a first step. The Defense Department and Intelligence Community have a lot of work to do before we can actually understand whether these aerial threats present a serious national security concern.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7973359/congress-ufo-report-aliens-uap/

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:19 pm

stickdog99

Postby Elvis » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:34 am

This afternoon an NPR correspondent helpfully explained to the "All Things Considered" host that the Roswell crash was a top secret weather balloon.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion