Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Postby dada » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 pm

"In today's electronic navy what the ship "sees" many others do as well, simultaneously. Reporting up the chain of command is all but unnecessary."

Could be the same for the extra-terrestrial craft. I wonder then, who or what is seeing what the spaceship sees.

"I've long believed the "Watchers" recorded in ancient texts and in the bible are those visitors in the manufactured craft; the "angels," orbs. Who Knows?"

The belief I'm working under is that it's something the mind can't comprehend in its natural state, that manifests in a form that is graspable, cognizable. Something from the wierding dimension. Could appear as an experience of angel, spectre, extra-terrestrial, faerie, or other appearances of various supernatural effect.

So an extra-terrestrial ghost angel witch faerie queen might know. Maybe some might have trouble accepting that an incomprehensible being from the weirding can appear like an advanced technology, made of physical material. I think it comes down to probably the most basic philosophical split between belief systems: do the beings come from out among the stars, or from beyond the stars?
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 am

Well, yeah. I can buy that, sorta. We, they, the stars, a trans-dimensional extra terrestrial ghost angel witch faerie queen, too, are all one expression, a never ending moment in time quickly passing. What we perceive as material emanates from the pure energy of the immaterial, wouldn't you agree? Electrons to photons and photons to electrons, endlessly.
Iamwhomiam

Postby dada » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:51 am

I'd agree. Just thinking that the space between habitable planets is so far, it takes light itself years just to reach the nearest star systems. So even if the extra-terrestrials were made of light, it would still take them a very long time to go from here to there.

Maybe travel is between nodes in the light network. Movement between any node in the network to any other node is instantaneous. Distances between nodes in the light network are real, but all nodes are 'equidistant' in the network.

In any event, these extra-terrestrials seem to be bending and navigating the laws of physics one way or another. And we're still thinking warp speed and wormholes. Like Kirk and Khan. Kirk outmaneuvers Khan because Khan is still thinking like a twentieth century naval captain. Two-dimensional strategies in a three-dimensional world. We're still thinking in the twenty-first century. Using three-dimensional strategies, getting outmaneuvered. So hopefully soon the federation class starship will be a thing of the past.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Re: Where is UFOlogy in 2015?

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:59 am

I'll have to continue tomorrow, dada. I'm beat and need to sleep. It's been a pleasure.
Iamwhomiam

Postby BenDhyan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:36 am

My optimism for hearing about juicy off planet spacecraft intrusions is slipping, just like the expected release date, was supposed to be by 1 June, now they're saying June 25

Military and spy agencies accused of stiff-arming investigators on UFO sightings

By Bryan Bender 2 days ago

The truth may be out there. But don't expect the feds to share what they know anytime soon on the recent spate of UFO sightings.

Some military and spy agencies are blocking or simply ignoring the effort to catalog what they have on "unidentified aerial phenomenon," according to multiple current and former government officials. And as a result, the Biden administration will likely delay a much-anticipated public report to Congress.

The Senate Intelligence Committee has asked the director of national intelligence to work with the Defense Department to provide a public accounting by June 25 on unexplained sightings of advanced aircraft and drones that have been reported by military personnel or captured by radar, satellites and other surveillance systems.

The request came after revelations in 2017 that the Pentagon was researching a series of unexplained intrusions into military airspace, including high-performance vehicles captured on video stalking Navy ships.

But those advising the investigations are advocating for significantly more time and resources to retrieve information from agencies that in some cases have shown reluctance, if not outright resistance, to sharing classified information. And they worry that without high-level involvement, it will be difficult to compel agencies to release what they have.

"Just getting access to the information, because of all the different security bureaucracies, that's an ordeal in itself," said Christopher Mellon, a former Pentagon intelligence official who lobbied for the disclosure provision and is continuing to advise policymakers on the issue.

For example, he asserts that a Pentagon task force established last August and led by the Navy has had few personnel or resources and only modest success acquiring reports, video or other evidence gathered by military systems.

The Pentagon task force is expected to be the primary military organization contributing to the wider government report.

"I know that the task force has been denied access to pertinent information by the Air Force and they have been stiff-armed by them," Mellon said in an interview. "That is surprising but not unexpected."

The Air Force, which is historically most associated with UFOs from its investigations during the Cold War, deferred all questions on the subject to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, which has similarly said little publicly about the effort.

"To protect our people, maintain operational security and safeguard intelligence methods, we do not publicly discuss the details of the UAP observations, the task force or investigations," said Pentagon spokesperson Susan Gough, who declined to address the criticism.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/25/ufo-sightings-report-478104

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:15 am

Let's see, if I recall correctly, we were neither here, nor there, but everywhere simultaneously, and are experiencing a never ending moment, as we always have. First impressions can be lasting.

dada wrote:I'd agree. Just thinking that the space between habitable planets is so far, it takes light itself years just to reach the nearest star systems. So even if the extra-terrestrials were made of light, it would still take them a very long time to go from here to there.

Maybe travel is between nodes in the light network. Movement between any node in the network to any other node is instantaneous. Distances between nodes in the light network are real, but all nodes are 'equidistant' in the network.

In any event, these extra-terrestrials seem to be bending and navigating the laws of physics one way or another. And we're still thinking warp speed and wormholes. Like Kirk and Khan. Kirk outmaneuvers Khan because Khan is still thinking like a twentieth century naval captain. Two-dimensional strategies in a three-dimensional world. We're still thinking in the twenty-first century. Using three-dimensional strategies, getting outmaneuvered. So hopefully soon the federation class starship will be a thing of the past.

I'll begin with your last paragraph and work upwards. "In any event, these extra-terrestrials seem to be bending and navigating the laws of physics one way or another" Yes, they are, in more than one way, and seemingly always. We have an 11th century mindset with access to 21 century technologies. But I think the day of the last starship will have to wait until the Republican who replaces Biden shoots first in the coming space war and winds up losing all our fleet and our future capacity for space travel. But really...

It's your third paragraph I most agree with, I think. Your first two paragraphs brought me to write my first impressions comment ~ so 20th century! Very early 20th century, at that. Spooky action at a distance demonstrates time and distance have no matter and do not matter - communication is instantaneous. (But I do like the nodes of light idea, a neural network, just the same.)

"So even if the extra-terrestrials were made of light, it would still take them a very long time to go from here to there." Light is transitional energy; energy expression. Spooky action eliminates time and distance from the equation.

How long is a single thought that determines a result? Where in time and space should one place mathematics? Or does mathematics always exist everywhere, awaiting expression?

How big is big and how small is small, Mandelbrot? How far can your consciousness reach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i93Z7zljQ7I
Iamwhomiam

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:23 pm

Does anyone really believe the Pentagon is going to reveal UFO truth by June? It's been such a well guarded secret for so long, if I were in charge I don't think I would want the people knowing. I might even just release superficial information. It might even be heavily redacted. Remains to be seen what, if anything pertinent, will be revealed.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:53 pm

How would we know what's pertinent? How would we know what's disinfo?

And by 'we' I'd even include those with govt clearance.

So much static on this topic over the years, it may well be impossible for a civilian to discern signal from noise.

(increasingly, this may be applicable for other topics as well...)
Belligerent Savant

Postby elfismiles » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:07 am

:sun: :yay :thumbsup

Iamwhomiam » 30 Mar 2021 04:15 wrote:Let's see, if I recall correctly, we were neither here, nor there, but everywhere simultaneously, and are experiencing a never ending moment, as we always have. First impressions can be lasting.
<SNIP>
It's your third paragraph I most agree with, I think. Your first two paragraphs brought me to write my first impressions comment ~ so 20th century! Very early 20th century, at that. Spooky action at a distance demonstrates time and distance have no matter and do not matter - communication is instantaneous. (But I do like the nodes of light idea, a neural network, just the same.)

"So even if the extra-terrestrials were made of light, it would still take them a very long time to go from here to there." Light is transitional energy; energy expression. Spooky action eliminates time and distance from the equation.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:31 am

That's why whoever it was at this very place may very well be correct that we've been visited are are being visited by ourselves from the future after we've completely fubar'd our DNA and are trying to undo whatever we did. That would also solve the distance problem, and it also makes sense when we look at where things appear to be headed.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby dada » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:31 am

I'm thinking movement into the future is along a vertical dimension, moving perpendicular from the horizontal dimension of chronological time at every point in the linear narrative. The evolution of life is towards the apprehension of higher dimensions. So all choronlogical time, the horizontal dimension, is the past. And the future can be accessed at every moment in chronological time.

So, not that the visitors aren't us from the future, but that we may also be us from the future.

Is it a matter of bi-location, or multi-location? Could be we are in many places at once in the linear narrative. But when apprehending the higher dimensions, time does not function in the same way, it is an instantaneous succession of revelations.
dada

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:38 am

So there is a universe, it expresses itself in x number of galaxies, galaxies of stars, stars of planets, planets of life forms, the most evolved of which on this planet are humans. As a human, it is potentially possible to realize your beingness at any and every sphere of existence up to the universal omnipresence. Hmmm, the universe and I are one! Unfortunately for the human thinking ego*, it is not possible to experience existence as angels, gods, or God without ceasing to be you the personal self. I imagine, given the improbability of mere flesh beings flying the UFOs from distant star systems, that the entities behind UFOs are at the planetary level of self identification, perhaps what I would call angels.

* It is my understanding that conceptual thinking needs to be transcended if one would want to realize the higher potential on offer to their present state of existence.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby DrEvil » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:52 am

dada » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:31 pm wrote:I'm thinking movement into the future is along a vertical dimension, moving perpendicular from the horizontal dimension of chronological time at every point in the linear narrative. The evolution of life is towards the apprehension of higher dimensions. So all choronlogical time, the horizontal dimension, is the past. And the future can be accessed at every moment in chronological time.

So, not that the visitors aren't us from the future, but that we may also be us from the future.

Is it a matter of bi-location, or multi-location? Could be we are in many places at once in the linear narrative. But when apprehending the higher dimensions, time does not function in the same way, it is an instantaneous succession of revelations.

I'd say we are in every place at once in the linear narrative, but we can only perceive the 'now'* part of it consciously (also makes it easier to walk around when you're not constantly bumping into your past self. If we could see the whole thing at once you could only sit down in your favorite chair once and it would be occupied forever. Bummer).

Our consciousness might be stretched out across our entire worldline, coalescing and updating into our sense of now and self dynamically as we move along. Like reading a long sentence with a magnifying glass. We only see a small part of it at a time, but there's a whole sentence stretching out on either side giving meaning to the part you're on.

* 'Now' is an annoying word. By the time you've said it it's become 'then'. Stupid time.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby dada » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:23 pm

"Our consciousness might be stretched out across our entire worldline, coalescing and updating into our sense of now and self dynamically as we move along. Like reading a long sentence with a magnifying glass. We only see a small part of it at a time, but there's a whole sentence stretching out on either side giving meaning to the part you're on."

That is excellent. I'm wondering if the sense of now and self coalesces into a forward-moving stream of spacetime coordinates through a process of normalization. Like it's a natural entropic tendency of consciousness, to collapse into the stabilized field. And any expanded sense of now and self would be against the current, take effort. I'm saying consciousness is inherently lazy.
dada

Postby BenDhyan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:47 am

Drip drop...

Navy's Top Officer Says ‘Drones’ That Swarmed Destroyers Remain Unidentified

APRIL 5, 2021

At a roundtable with reporters today, Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday, the U.S. Navy's top officer, was asked about a series of bizarre incidents that took place in July 2019 and involved what only have been described as 'drones' swarming American destroyers off the coast of Southern California. The War Zone was the first to report in detail on this series of mysterious events after the incident was originally uncovered by filmmaker Dave Beaty.

Asked by Jeff Schogol of Task & Purpose if the Navy had positively identified any of the aircraft involved, Gilday responded by saying:

“No, we have not. I am aware of those sightings and as it’s been reported there have been other sightings by aviators in the air and by other ships not only of the United States, but other nations – and of course other elements within the U.S. joint force.”

“Those findings have been collected and they still are being analyzed," Gilday added. "I don’t have anything new to report, Jeff, on what those findings have revealed thus far. But I will tell you we do have a well-established process in place across the joint force to collect that data and to get it to a separate repository for analysis.”

At the time of writing, it is unclear if Admiral Gilday was referring to the Department of Defense’s Navy-led Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF), created last August to examine “incursions by unauthorized aircraft into our training ranges or designated airspace.” A Senate-requested report on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena is expected later this year. Representatives from the UAPTF could not be reached for comment.

A preliminary response to our Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) inquiries indicates that the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) possesses documents about the incident and that they are intermingled with records from several other agencies. This would make sense as the UAPTF was established within ONI, according to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

Schogol also asked if there was any suspicion that the aircraft described as drones were “extraterrestrial.” Gilday responded, “No, I can’t speak to that - I have no indications at all of that.”

The War Zone has reached out to the Navy, Coast Guard, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for further details regarding the drones flying near Navy destroyers in 2019. Members of the intelligence and armed services committees in both the Senate and the House were asked for comment, as well. While at least some elected officials indicated they were aware of the issue, none were able to make a statement at this time regarding the encounters off the coast of Southern California two years ago.

We will continue to update our readers with new information on this strange series of events as soon as we get it.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40071/navys-top-officer-says-mysterious-drones-that-swarmed-destroyers-remain-unidentified

Ben D
BenDhyan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion