Hurricane Could Strike World's Most Important Area

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hurricane Could Strike World's Most Important Area

Postby semper occultus » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 pm

hope any RI-ers in the firing line are ok...well & even non-RI'ers come to that...but any Obama voters..hope you realise you were asking for it....

'Hurricane was message from God to Washington politicians': Michele Bachmann says He is angry with government policies

Campaign spokesperson claims statement was a 'joke'

By Laurie Whitwell

www.dailymail.co.uk
29th August 2011

Michele Bachmann has claimed that Hurricane Irene and last week's earthquake in the eastern United States were messages from God to lawmakers in Washington.

The Republican presidential candidate used the hurricane, which has killed at least 32 people and caused billions of pounds of damage, and the 5.8 earthquake, as signs of God's anger at government policies.
Speaking on Saturday, just as Irene was beginning its raking course up the East Coast, Mrs Bachmann told senior citizens in Poinciana, Florida: 'Washington, DC, you'd think by now they'd get the message. An earthquake, a hurricane. Are you listening?'

'Act of God': Michele Bachmann, seen here addressing supporters at Sahib Shrine
in Sarasota, Florida yesterday, said Hurricane Irene was message from God to Washington

She added, drawing some laughs from her audience: 'The American people have done everything they can, and now it's time for an act of God and we're getting it.'
She added: 'I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians.

'We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said: "Are you going to start listening to me here?"
'Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.'

Responding to criticism of the statement, a spokesperson for the Minnesota congresswoman said: 'Obviously she was saying it in jest.'

which unfortunately isn't much of an excuse since even if its a joke that still makes you a fairly cosmic-scale f**king moron... :uncertain:
semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm

My fundie/fascist stepmom LOVES her.

Which honestly was no surprise to me. Bachmann has simply replaced Palin with those people.

My stepaughter, who is now old enough to figure a lot of things out, said, upon visiting her this summer, "she's just kind of crazy."
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby StarmanSkye » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:43 pm

I wonder, in an offhand aloof casual sort-of-way, whether Bachman and her inner circle of staff really REALLY! believe she is some sort of 'alternative' to the bloated, putrescent, vile, hypocritical, venal, pathological, criminal, obsene, self-absorbed monstrosity that she claims she's an ALTERNATIVE to? Is she taking the piss or so self-deluded and reality-challenged she bought her own idiotic lies?

A sizeable percentage of America today is so deluded and unable to accept the horrific things that have been done in their name they eagerly grasp the image of self-righteous 'morality' pandered to them by the likes of Bachman.

It fills my soul with pitying contempt & loathing, these pretenders at 'honor' and decency.
StarmanSkye

Postby Nordic » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Whether she believes her own bullshit or not is, ultimately, irrelevant. She is playing a part, and it's the same role Sarah Palin filled until recently.

She's a boogeyma for the "left" and thus a tool for the Obama team - "if you don't support Obama I guess you want President Bachmann!"

And the repubs are able to use her as a fundraising tool from the likes of folks such as my stepmom, who gladly contribute in her name.

The PTB are in a win-win situation with her, because not only does she do these two things, she pushes The Overton Window ever rightward, so by the time she's done Ronald Reagan will look like George McGovern.

They have no intention of letting her "win" because the curtains that were barely obscuring the men pulling the levers when W was President would become completely transparent with someone nutty as she is.

That's what Obama was for, to restore those curtains, make people forget all about them.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby StarmanSkye » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 pm

-- Making Ronald Reagan look like George McGovern --

Man, that's GOOD! It DOES present a very credible thesis. And like Obama, she IS being very useful to the PTB in obscuring the curtain that masks them.

Man, I need to cultivate a better attitude, a far more effective sense of humor to better cope with all this shit. It occurs to me, things are probably not a whole lot worse today than they were in the depths of the madness, duplicity, fraud and full-scale industrialized murder than they were back in the worst of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s -- its been with us a LONG time (and even back in the 50s and of course, atrocious 40s). I prob need to stop taking it so personally because sometimes it REALLY gives me some major downer black-mood blues.

Not to be trite, but political consciousness can be a real drag, y'know?

I can even see how Ron Paul could be a puppet kept dangling in the wings, to be used if/when appropriate, 'allowed' to win to 'save' us from the rot.

Remember that psoyp expert Dr. Pieczenik that Alex Jones championed back in May, a pioneer info-warrior who was the nation's first trained professional psyopster who worked for the DoD (prob CIA as well) under or during Nixon, Carter, Ford, Reagan, Bush, with Vance, Baker, Kissinger, Schultze -- he was instrumental in helping create the Afghan Jihadi psyop (among other ops, and he STILL 'consults' with DOD) that is at the CRUX of the fraud, duplicity, propaganda, false flags, wars, war on terror, regime change, state-terrorism, treason, abuse of power, kidnapping and torture that has led this nation down the road to WW 4 we seem to be on. I just learned of him last weekend and listened to most of his interviews. I wouldn't be surprised if his whole spiel re: 'Bin Laden has been dead for almost 10 years, 911 was a false flag, and the civilian leadership has betrayed the Nation and military' is part of an elaborate, calculated disinfo/psyop scheme to bless & divorce the Pentagon from the 'corrupt' neocon and demo politicos -- he could well be an invented authority. AJ bought his story hook-line-and sinker without calling him to account for lauding Bush sr, Gates and Petreus and unquestioning honoring the 'military', and for STILL providing psyop services.

Perhaps its not so much that's he's a hypocrite, but that the psyops is so deep and pervasive, the nation now is dependant on it.

Sorry for going OT.
StarmanSkye

Postby Plutonia » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:43 am

StarmanSkye wrote:.. things are probably not a whole lot worse today than they were in the depths of the madness, duplicity, fraud and full-scale industrialized murder than they were back in the worst of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s -- its been with us a LONG time (and even back in the 50s and of course, atrocious 40s)...

And the 30's, 20's, 10's, 00's, 90's and so on. :wink:

May I direct you to this excellent talk by Raimond Gaita about illegitimate persuasion and consent - his presentation is a bit halting, but he digs deep. I found it a bit of a tonic:

http://www.themonthly.com.au/wikileaks- ... gaita-3566

:tiphat:
[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby bks » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:37 am

Plutonia.

great recommendation. That was quite a talk. I found what he had to say about the university and the triumph of "managerial newspeak" to be right on the money.

An excellent reminder of the true costs of adopting language that aims at reconceptualizing an institution [in this case, the university] and, more specifically, one's place in it [what it is to be a university professor and a student]: over time, one can literally lose the ability to conceive of those roles in the way one once conceived of them, and one thereby loses the justifications one once could have drawn on for acting in a way consistent with that lost understanding of those roles.

back to topic :)
bks

Postby Plutonia » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:21 pm

bks wrote:An excellent reminder of the true costs of adopting language that aims at reconceptualizing an institution [in this case, the university] and, more specifically, one's place in it [what it is to be a university professor and a student]: over time, one can literally lose the ability to conceive of those roles in the way one once conceived of them, and one thereby loses the justifications one once could have drawn on for acting in a way consistent with that lost understanding of those roles.

That's glamour ie grammar magic, isn't it?

But in the case of the hurricane, whether it's God's doing or HAARP's (or does God = HAARP!?), our ability to ascertain the reality of our predicament is undermined by this:

StarmanSkye wrote:Perhaps its not so much that's he's a hypocrite, but that the psyops is so deep and pervasive, the nation now is dependant on it.

Or as Gaita puts it: Our predicament, given the ubiquity of spin and misinformation, is defined by the absence of the conditions of sober judgement and the erosion of meaningful consent.

:?
[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby IanEye » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 pm

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Avalon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:20 am

We just got power back on here in upstate NY, after 2.5 days without. Seems that micro climates made quite a difference. We lost only a few smallish limbs on our property, and the immediate neighborhood looks just fine. Yet a mile away, there were lots of trees and wires down over the roads. Surprisingly little damage to homes from trees, as far as I could tell, but flooding appears to be the worst problem.
Avalon

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:19 am

This thread makes for excellent historical reading. It would appear that many of bks's images for Irene on the first page have been replaced by images for Sandy on the weather channel's file directory.

I forgot just how much the idea of NYC flooding was really nothing of a surprise to us.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Previous

Return to General Discussion