Hurricane Could Strike World's Most Important Area

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hurricane Could Strike World's Most Important Area

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Strap in tight, Ninakat, and good luck to your step daughter, Nordic. I wish I could offer her a place to crash, but it looks like we're going to listen to what the man said and get out of Dodge.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ninakat » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks Bruce -- we're really not in for the brunt of it here, so no worries (knock on something). I'm more concerned about you, your family, Nordic's step daughter, and a few million other people. Safe journey outta there.

The latest from Jeff Masters at first seems to be hopeful about the storm weakening, but then there are some points that kind of turn that hope around. Emphasis mine:

Irene continues to weaken

Satellite data and measurements from the Hurricane Hunters show that Irene continues to weaken. A 1:32 pm EDT center fix by an Air Force Reserve aircraft found that Irene's eyewall is still gone, and the central pressure had risen to 951 mb from a low of 942 mb this morning. The winds measured in Irene near the surface support classifying it as a strong Category 1 hurricane or weak Category 2. Satellite imagery shows a distinctly lopsided appearance to Irene's cloud pattern, with not much heavy thunderstorm activity on the southwest side. This is due to moderate southwesterly wind shear of 10 - 20 knots. This shear is disrupting Irene's circulation and has cut off upper-level outflow along the south side of the hurricane. No eye is visible in satellite loops, but the storm's size is certainly impressive. Long range radar out of Wilmington, North Carolina, shows that the outermost spiral bands from Irene have moved ashore over North Carolina. Winds at buoy 41004 100 miles offshore from Charleston, SC increased to 47 mph, gusting to 60 mph at 3 pm EDT, with significant wave heights of 25 feet.

. . .

Forecast for Irene
With its eyewall collapsed and just 18 more hours over water before landfall, Irene does not have time to build a new eyewall and intensify. The storm is too large to weaken quickly, and the best forecast is that Irene will be a strong Category 1 hurricane at landfall in North Carolina on Saturday. Based on the latest wind analysis from NOAA's Hurricane Research Division (Figure 2) and Irene's continued weakening trend, I predict that the 80-mile section of North Carolina coast to the right of where Irene makes landfall will receive sustained hurricane-force winds of 75 - 85 mph on Saturday at landfall; the 80-mile section of coast to the left will receive 55 - 75 mph winds. High wind shear of 30 knots will begin ripping into Irene Sunday morning when it is near Southern New Jersey, and more rapid weakening will occur. By the time Irene arrives on Long Island Sunday afternoon, it will probably have top sustained winds in the 65 - 75 mph range. However, since Irene is such a huge storm--tropical storm force winds extend out up to 290 miles from the center--it has set a massive amount of the ocean's surface in motion, which will cause a much larger storm surge than the winds would suggest. At 3:30 pm EDT this afternoon, a wind analysis from NOAA/HRD (Figure 2) indicated that the potential storm surge damage from Irene still rated a 5.0 on a scale of 0 to 6. This is equivalent to the storm surge a typical Category 4 hurricane would have. While this damage potential should steadily decline as Irene moves northwards and weakens, we can still expect a storm surge one full Saffir-Simpson Category higher than Irene's winds when it impacts the coast. Since tides are at their highest levels of the month this weekend due to the new moon, storm surge flooding will be at a maximum during the high tidal cycles that will occur at 8 pm Saturday night and 8 am Sunday morning. Wherever Irene happens to be at those times, the storm surge damage potential will be maximized. I continue to give a 20% chance that a 3 - 4 foot storm surge high enough to over-top the Manhattan flood walls and swamp the New York City subway system will occur on Sunday. The latest 11 am probabilistic storm surge map from NHC shows a 20 - 30% chance of a storm surge in excess of 3 feet in New York Harbor (Figure 4.) Keep in mind that these maps are calculated for normal tide level, and this weekend's high tides will be nearly 1 foot above normal.

. . .
ninakat

Postby eyeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Don't know if this will be of any value but since we have people in the line of fire I decided to post it. Most of the text in the article is a rant but you may find some info of value in the rant somewhere.

Storm Surge Flood Simulation. The article says it is a NOAA simulation.

-------------------------------------------------
I just wrote about The Governor Christie briefing where they told us ‘we are evacuating the military because our model shows Cape May underwater’. Wouldn’t it be nice if they shared their model with us? I mean for Heaven’s sake millions of us live along the shore and would like to know if we are leaving to avoid power outages or if we are leaving because our homes will be flooded and permanently destroyed.

To be clear, the Weather center has issued a 3 to 6 foot storm surge warning for the East Coast of NJ, and from the Delaware Bay down to the Chesapeake they are warning of a 5 to 10 foot storm surge and in North Caroline a 6 to 12 foot storm surge. But what the hell does that mean? That doesn’t tell us where the flooding will occur. We are just supposed to evacuate having no clue if our homes will be destroyed before we return? Meanwhile the government has simulations and forecasts showing exactly were the damn flooding will hit their military bases and knows to evacuate them. What the fuck?

I just happened to come across the hurricane storm surge flood simulation from NOAA for Central NJ, which to the 2 million people living in the area will provide great clarity. If you can find these for other areas, please help get them out to people who need them.

The floor simulation for my area is based on a hypothetical category 3 hurricane. It starts off with a 3 foot storm surge, showing the areas in blue projected to be underwater. My house is in one of those areas underwater with just a 3 foot storm surge. Remind you the Jersey shore is under a hurricane advisory that accompanies a warning of a 3 to 6 foot storm surge.

So, this map is likely to be a very good indicator of what areas will flood as Irene rips across NJ.

Central NJ 5 Foot Storm Surge Flood Simulation

The simulation loops through showing the expected storm surge from a category 3 storm surge ending with the final display shown in the image below, which contains surges up to 23 feet. As seen both above and below, my house is expected to flood. If you can’t tell I am quite pissed because the fuckers care about saving their bombs to kill innocent fucking woman and children halfway around the world but don’t bother to tell me and millions of other like me my house is about to fucking flood. Assholes.

NOAA Category 3 Hurricane Storm Surge Flood Simulation

Here is the full simulation of Storm Surge Flooding For Month and Ocean County.

(^^^this one is supposed to be a moving gif simulation)

NJ Hurricane Storm Surge Flood Simulation

It would be real fucking nice if they fucking warned the people that their models show their homes will be flooded instead leaving people to fucking wonder.

At least then instead of people just preparing to spend a few days away from their home because of the threat of no power, they will actually load up their fucking monetary, sentimental and irreplaceable valuables.

And one more FUCK YOU To The Fucking Asbury Park Press where I found this simulation.
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1012/737 ... Model.html

eyeno

Postby eyeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:31 pm

bruce dazzling wrote:

If, and I DO mean IF TPTB have the Dr. Evil-like ability to steer hurricanes, putting the financial district out of business for a few weeks, and destroying financial records would be a heck of a way to speed up the ongoing, slow-motion collapse.

Again though, I am stressing the IF.

I hesitate to post this for fear of getting thrashed but I am going to do it anyway.

Also stressing the IF myself because I have no idea what this means. Never seen one of these symmetrical long bar shaped anomaly on a hurricane radar before though. I am not saying this is Dr. Evil steering the storm. Just throwing it out there because it is interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCZjFeLX ... r_embedded

eyeno

Postby eyeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:37 pm

I just went to check dutch and he noticed it too.

eyeno

Postby eyeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanx for the help on posting that last vid mods. Damn the service around here is quick and accurate. :thumbsup

Can you mix me a White Russian too and slip it through the wire right quick? :cheers: And how about a Cuban cigar?

Just fishin to see what all I can get out of this deal. :gonefishing:
eyeno

Postby Nordic » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:11 pm

something tells me it won't be that bad in nyc, just a lot of rain and maybe some flooding. been talking with my stepdaughter all day. she's with some good people, her friend's parents, but neither is from the u.s. which just became apparent when they asked me about where baltimore was in the state of new york! because there apparently were available flights there. had to tell them that was heading towrd the hurricane, not away from it, and by the time they got there that flight might be cancelled too!

they may just end up waiting it out.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby eyeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Nordic wrote:something tells me it won't be that bad in nyc, just a lot of rain and maybe some flooding. been talking with my stepdaughter all day. she's with some good people, her friend's parents, but neither is from the u.s. which just became apparent when they asked me about where baltimore was in the state of new york! because there apparently were available flights there. had to tell them that was heading towrd the hurricane, not away from it, and by the time they got there that flight might be cancelled too!

they may just end up waiting it out.

:angelwings: nordic's step daughter :angelwings:
eyeno

Postby Nordic » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 pm

thanks for the good wishes.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby eyeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 pm

MODS! Service Please! Need help with this. :yay
-------------------

Dutch has some links to some cams so we can watch this go down in real time.

(mods please fix my screw ups) thanx. :praybow
-----------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse# ... o69BgKpZaI

[youtube]#p/u/0/Ko69BgKpZaI[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http% ... E0NDAzODY4
eyeno

Postby eyeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:54 pm

This seems to be a live cam of Times Square. Hope so.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/
eyeno

Postby ninakat » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:21 pm

eyeno, to post a youtube link, just use the part after the last slash /

For below, it should just be <youtube>Ko69BgKpZaI</youtube> with [] instead of <>

You had: [youtube]#p/u/0/Ko69BgKpZaI[/youtube] -- just remove everything that's not in bold, and you'll get the following:

ninakat

Postby ninakat » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:13 am

OK, here's dutchsinse talking about a haarp ring showing up on the radar around Raleigh -- I saw this anomaly when watching the radar recently and thought it seemed strange. But I'm still agnostic on haarp and whether they're up to something with the weather. At any rate, he's saying there will be severe weather in the future here in Raleigh, within the next 24-48 hours. That's well past the time when the hurricane is here, so we'll see (I'm doubtful, but keeping an open mind.... for now).

ninakat

Postby ninakat » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 am

Following up on the radar anomalies above, I did a screen grab from two sources -- both show the same ring, and it occurred at both 11:10 and 11:15 (presumably it lasted at least five minutes). Not sure what to think, obviously.... but here ya go:

ninakat

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:20 am

thanks for keeping up with dutch ninakat
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion