Whitley's Got a New Book Out...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Whitley's Got a New Book Out...

Postby Sounder » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Well see, you are very clever. You actually get others to respond to your babble.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Project Willow » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:52 pm

NeonLX wrote:Heh. Well, he is a cracker, ain't he? :)

There's supposition that he's an MC slave, so what does that make him, a cracker-slave?

psynapz wrote:Dude. When is that ever not true? :basicsmile

Especially for artists.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby peartreed » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Maybe we could think of WS as a firecracker with a wet wick.

He has been packed with explosive information that releases a brilliant, pyrotechnical phenomenon - simply for show - as amazing entertainment. But, of late and over time, he has also developed a wet wick. He can't seem to ignite the interest and adulation of his earlier display, probably because the flame of his fame was found to be flickering false - or, at least, a bit self-inflamed and not as hot as his sales.

Supposed MC slaves are also created like firecrackers, with built-in (arguably protective) containment, requiring external ignition for dramatic usage but, otherwise, reasonably safe,with little impact and somewhat common. The potential for real damage comes from directed, explosive use, or a breach of the insulation, especially an internal weak binding that causes a leak of suppressed volatility.

Even then, the outcome is often no more than a flash in the pan.
peartreed

Postby Project Willow » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 pm

peartreed wrote:Supposed MC slaves are also created like firecrackers, with built-in (arguably protective) containment, requiring external ignition for dramatic usage but, otherwise, reasonably safe,with little impact and somewhat common. The potential for real damage comes from directed, explosive use, or a breach of the insulation, especially an internal weak binding that causes a leak of suppressed volatility.

Even then, the outcome is often no more than a flash in the pan.

On edit: Softening a bit, please don't talk about us that way, we didn't choose it, that is the essence of slavery.

My comment was intended to prompt discussion about what it means to live in the US as a slave and not be brown. What does it mean to be at the whim and control of others but to walk outside during normative time and benefit from white privilege. I've had the discussion before, but I don't think we've had it here. Perhaps I should start a new thread.

Anyway, let's have compassion for slaves.
Project Willow

Postby peartreed » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 am

There's nothing mean about it. It was an attempt at a creative analogy answering your own observation of WS's supposed state. If anything it speaks to the historic futility of MC victims' attempts to be accorded empathy and understanding of their plight. And any serious investigation of their manipulative manufacture as programmed, volatile but controlled combustibles has been dismissed as tabloid conspiracy theory. Their rare eruptions have been treated as prurient interest and entertainment in a mostly disbelieving and indifferent society. Similarly, Whitley has been motivated by his own marginalization but, as have many dissociatives in directed denial, he has compensated with creating an alternative autobiographical answer of contrived, even alien, origin. Coping with the unbelievable is one of the most tragic transitions required for a return to cold and critical conformity.
peartreed

Postby Project Willow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 pm

I found it offensive, and I'd ask you to please make clear in your writing where your anger or frustration is directed, so that there is no confusion that it is directed at other survivors.
Project Willow

Postby peartreed » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:54 pm

When you introduce MC into a discussion, as you often do, and refer to WS as a "cracker slave" it reads as irreverent humor with an edge. My response followed your lead in an attempt to make a wry point about that speculative assessment and continuing your analogy. Then you edit your initial pyrotechnic post in response while I'm replying to it, softening the pop to a fizzle.

While I'm sorry you were offended by my remarks I've noted you tend to take umbrage personally for any commentary you interpret as offensive to you and your initiating posts inserting your cause celebre. Such is the risk of online discussion about a supersensitive sore point without resorting to offsetting silly but reassuring similes to add the smile, sarcasm or irony into the light, black and white banter and mitigate your taking offense yet again.

While I suppose I could improve my writing to your taste and standards for clarity and comfort, or accord with your need for agreement on your issue, I'm disinclined to be publicly shamed into compliance. Intimidation doesn't work on me anymore.

You should also know that other MC victims have survived with greater tolerance for the testy topic's diverse reactions, realizing not many others understand it as viscerally as we. Lighten up.
peartreed

Previous

Return to General Discussion