Myth-Information Movies (We Need to Talk About Kevin)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Myth-Information Movies (We Need to Talk About Kevin)

Postby FourthBase » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Kripal! What a "find", but more of a gift, and only to the relatively-ignorant I guess, like me.

Thanks!

In case anyone was wondering what kind of stuff I post on Facebook, to appear in the feeds of family and high school buddies in between Instagrammed lunches and jogging accomplishments and Downton Abbey complaints, here's something I happened to post this morning, somewhat related to that Kripal extract:

"This Week in Unnecessary Censorship" is such a brilliant gag. How many social and religious taboos amount to a persistent, needless bleep-press, i.e., "This Millenium in Unnecessary Censorship"? A bleep can transform the natural, the innocuous, the irrelevant, and even the holy into obscenities, where there once was none. Bleeping is so often COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE, multiplying the sum of obscenity, not subtracting any.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Crow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Guruilla, you are probably already aware that Strieber interviewed Kripal at least once. I mention it in case you didn't know. Your new research sounds like it's taking a fascinating turn.
Crow

Postby Crow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:37 pm

FourthBase, it's comforting to know that your Facebook friends are as boring as mine are.
Crow

Postby guruilla » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Crow wrote:Guruilla, you are probably already aware that Strieber interviewed Kripal at least once. I mention it in case you didn't know. Your new research sounds like it's taking a fascinating turn.

Yes that's why I contacted Kripal. Kripal wrote the foreword to WS's latest book.
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Previous

Return to General Discussion