How to get fired from Fox Business in under 5 minutes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: How to get fired from Fox Business in under 5 minutes

Postby Harvey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Searcher08 wrote::mrgreen: As someone who spent large amounts of time in his tweens engaged in that pursuit, with the same expression and with a room darkened for dramatic effect, I thought it was bang on - you know RED PLAYS BETTER THAN BLUE!!!(*) Not to mention similarities with table tilting, kicking your opponent under the table, crying foul (at random), triumphalism etc etc

(*) These things are significant! Wearing Levis vs wearing Wranglers - there IS a difference. Really :)

We learn binary thinking very early.

On/off, in/out, win/lose, left/right, black/white, good/bad, 1/0; every game, every story, every lesson. The very roads are black and white, divided into right and left lanes, and to occupy the middle of the road is to get hit from both directions.

"I've got a job now. I just keep walking the white line. I don't bother nobody. Nobody bothers me. You should do the same."

"White line's in the middle of the road. That's the worst place to drive."
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Re: How to get fired from Fox Business in under 5 minutes

Postby Nordic » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Interesting notion. Here in Santa Monica we have the Third Street Promenade, the old boulevard that they closed to cars and turned into a pedestrian mall lined with popular shops (the apple store fer instance) and restaurants and movie theaters. It gets quite crowded ... Except for the middle. Everybody crowds to either side and avoids the middle. I figured it was due to driving habits, or a distant feeling that it is, after all, a street, but perhaps its a simpler, more basic conditioning thing, that binary thinking. How much of that is human nature and how much is learned I wonder?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Previous

Return to General Discussion