Kony 2012

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Kony 2012

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Are you saying Allegro... can do wrong? Never happened, ever!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Allegro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:49 pm

My apologies, elfismiles, and to everyone else for those disruptions. The same thing has occasionally happened to me, and I had hoped no one else would experience that! Wait. I just found out what autoplay audio files are. Oops, bad form. Won’t happen again from me.

Sometimes opening a page of Youtubes triggers more than one to begin. Yikes! What a mess of sounds. The first time that occurred, I scrambled, too. Couldn’t wait to hit the mute button. The next time, I just shut down the tab. Still, all too disruptive.

JR, I love your endorsement! :lol:
Art will be the last bastion when all else fades away.
~ Timothy White (b 1952), American rock music journalist

Blog: View Blog (144)

Postby elfismiles » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Allegro wrote:My apologies, elfismiles, and to everyone else for those disruptions. The same thing has occasionally happened to me, and I had hoped no one else would experience that! Wait. I just found out what autoplay audio files are. Oops, bad form. Won’t happen again from me.

Sometimes opening a page of Youtubes triggers more than one to begin. Yikes! What a mess of sounds. The first time that occurred, I scrambled, too. Couldn’t wait to hit the mute button. The next time, I just shut down the tab. Still, all too disruptive.

JR, I love your endorsement! :lol:

Thank you Allegro!

I do love your contributions - just not all at once.

- SMiles
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

leaflets dropped again and loudspeaker messages, to boot

Postby Allegro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:35 pm

On the preceding page of this thread, parel posted this article. I looked around hoping to find a copy of the leaflet, or a script of the loudspeaker message from helicopters, but didn’t find either of them. Those two pieces would be most interesting to see, given the evidence amassed at RI that points to fundamentalists (and dominionists, too) who pray they’ll save the whole world in Jesus name—before it’s too late :roll:.

See Page 3 of this thread for Invisible Children Nonprofit Extensively Tied To “The Family”. Apparently, Uganda is still part of the Joshua Project, however, Uganda isn’t listed on the 10/40 Window page, at the moment. CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) offices in Uganda.

right here, October 2011, AhabsOtherLeg wrote:
Allegro wrote:What Bloomberg didn’t mention in the excerpted article below is that Ugandan leader of Lord’s Resistance Army, Joseph Kony, hears commands from “God.” Yet, according to Jeff Sharlett’s book, The Family, the president of Uganda, Yoweri Museveni, has been and still is the front man for fundamentalist ideologies of The Family: see pages 23, 46, 52-54, 223 and 328 in the paperback.

Therefore, it appears the U.S. government wants to help quell a religious fundamentalist group from harming another religious fundamentalist group whose efforts are already known for wanting to institute the death penalty for homosexuality. Notwithstanding, Child Sacrifice Allegations in Uganda.
But that would be like... an imperial power... using two very similar religious groups... to weaken and kill one another... while openly supporting one side, so as to look humanitarian... while demonizing the other (not difficult to demonize the LRA, admittedly)...so that the imperial power can both legitimize and make permanent it's presence in this extremely resource-rich but politically/ethnically/religiously divided region? Sort of like a strategy of... divide-and-rule?

Nah, I don't believe it. There are no historical precedents for such a thing.
Yeah, who dreamed up that rule by fear thingie, pray tell?

REFERENCES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED: The Prosperity Gospel; Prosperity Theology | White Savior Industrial Complex | Joshua Project | 1040 Window | Campus Crusade for Christ | Focus on the Family | American Family Association | Family Research Council | The Family | Opus Dei | Dominion Theology | Reconstructionism | Christian Fundamentalism | Christian Dispensationalism | Christian Evangelism | Pentecostalism | International House of Prayer | Muscular Christianity | Fellowship of Christian Athletes

National Association of Evangelicals | World Vision International | Traditional Values Coalition | Christian Coalition of America | International Center for Religion & Diplomacy | International Christian Concern | National Christian Foundation | Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability | ONE Campaign
Art will be the last bastion when all else fades away.
~ Timothy White (b 1952), American rock music journalist

Blog: View Blog (144)

Postby justdrew » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:08 pm

I've changed the
Code: Select all
[mp3]
tag to a new player, it should no longer autoplay. this will have retroactivly fixed all existing embeds, so everything should be fine. let me know if you have any issues with the new player, there's no shortage of alternatives.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby JackRiddler » Tue May 06, 2014 8:15 am

hmmm...
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue May 06, 2014 8:50 am

The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby stefano » Tue May 06, 2014 9:46 am

You guys are getting cryptic.

Just happened to come across a report that Kony was killed by US forces on an odd, but sometimes interesting dissident Rwandan blog. The story was sourced to nationalreport.net. The latter looks like some sort of stoned attempt at spoofing conservative media, but, judging from some of the comments, could be one of those Poe paradox sites that is a satire site to some and a news source to others. The Kony story doesn't contain anything to mark it as satire except the title: Joseph Kony Gunned Down by Seal Team 6, Obama Takes Credit. Crazy times.
stefano

Postby 82_28 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Whoa. That site that is cited there in that link is a crazy right wing (read stupid -- really really stupid) cesspool. You didn't link to it, but I decided to look up the source.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:23 pm

82_28, that site is definitely satire. FOr example:

Republicans Announce Major New Plan to End Poverty: ‘Benghazi’!

<National Report>House Speaker, John Boehner, announced this week that in response to unemployment, stagnant wages and record levels of poverty in the U.S., the Republican Party will impanel a select committee to once again, investigate Benghazi.
Addressing critics who charge that that Republicans had already investigated Benghazi ad nauseam , Boehner responded, ‘With the plight of the working class in this country remaining so deplorable, investigating Benghazi again is simply the right thing to do and they know it. Calling this a Republican witch hunt timed to coincide with mid term elections, is their attempt at taking the focus off the fact that Benghazi could very well ensure that real Americans will be able to keep a roof over their heads and feed their families.”
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby 82_28 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:38 pm

OK. Yeah, I see it now. I just scrolled through it, not reading shit. Yet, like I've frequently said through the years, the shit the right does "you can't make this shit up."

But, good call.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:45 pm

And here I actively write satire. I feel stupid. But not really. Just fuck, how did that go over my head?

:jumping:
82_28

Postby stefano » Tue May 06, 2014 2:57 pm

I've been thinking about it and that site could be a sort of attempt to troll right-wingers by KWHing the National Review - an actual news site only marginally less ludicrous than that one. There used to be a site at whitehouse.org (no longer, apparently), during the Bush years, with some cruel humour at the expense of W's intelligence and his wife's uptightness. They might be posting stuff that they hope some conservative blogger picks up, so that they can then crow about it. Weird hobby.

82 I wouldn't feel bad about taking it at face value, there are a few sites where it's hard to tell - hence that Poe's law thing - and apparently one site, conservapedia, has given rise to a Poe paradox. The owners aren't authorising any new editors because they can't tell which edits are sincere and which are parodies.
stefano

Postby conniption » Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Hunt for Kony Exposes Aid Sham in Uganda | Interview with Jane Bussmann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2juh9B9F4g
breakingtheset
Published on Apr 29, 2014

Abby Martin speaks with Jane Bussman, comedian and author of the book 'A Journey to the Dark Heart of Nameless Unspeakable Evil' a comedic yet sensible account of her experience hunting for Ugandan warlord, Joseph Kony, also discussing the negative impact of foreign aid in Africa.

~

A Journey to the Dark Heart of Nameless Unspeakable Evil first came out in 2010, titled The Worst Date Ever.
conniption

Postby MinM » Tue May 02, 2017 7:52 pm

@CNN

The US military is ending its role in the hunt for elusive African warlord Joseph Kony, who's still on the loose http://cnn.it/2oVm3xc

Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 pm wrote:If George Clooney is involved, ya got a CIA-Hollywood agenda afoot.
Clooney is as witting as Tom Hanks in the US agenda. A player.

The US postures over Sudan just to demonize China's role in the region.

Speaking of Tom Hanks that new movie with Emma Watson looked promising but it sounds pretty bad.

Oh well .. nothing will ever beat AntiTrust...

:popcorn: :popcorn:
Earth-704509
MinM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion