CBS newsman Mike Wallace dies

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: CBS newsman Mike Wallace dies

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:47 pm

How does Joss Whedon relate -- and worse still, why are you accusing him of making Cloverfield?
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby fruhmenschen » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Radio,television,the print media and Mike Wallace have done to our minds
what industry has done to the land
we now think like New York City looks

Mason Williams

Mike Wallace was a serial killer pimp
for Camel cigarettes
fostering addiction , lung cancer and
millions of metastatic deaths
fruhmenschen

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:23 pm

I wouldn't go that far, fruh. Serial pimp? Um I would say Wallace hearkens back to the day of journalists getting scoops and stories. It was the way it was. I smoke and I know a lot of good people who smoke, but I can't think of a time where any advertising swayed me other than "peer pressure". Beginning to smoke at a young age was an "in" with many kids with social groups. I miss the days of "would you like smoking or non-smoking" when you were to be seated in a restaurant. However I totally understand the reason for basically smoking have to be outdoors. Don't mind it at all anymore. At first I hated it. But look at any old show and everyone smoked. I happen to like those days of yon. Everyone must have been a "pimp" I bought it, but nicorette would never do it for me. I like going outside to think about shit and stare off into the distance. Non-smokers don't get that luxury.

Wallace a pimp, I have to say hardly. He was a good interviewer.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby MinM » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 am wrote:How does Joss Whedon relate -- and worse still, why are you accusing him of making Cloverfield?

Speaking of JJ Abrams .. it looks like the long awaited, much anticipated, Cloverfield sequel is on the way ..
Image@TIME: J.J. Abrams had a secret 'Cloverfield' sequel and here's the trailer http://ti.me/1RKo1s0

:popcorn: :popcorn:
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:26 pm

My cinema pedantry aside, I am more genuinely interested in where you see Whedon fitting into this.
Wombaticus Rex

Previous

Return to General Discussion