Seven Days In May, Iran, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Preaknes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Seven Days In May, Iran, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Preaknes

Postby elfismiles » Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 am

Seven Days In May, Iran, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Preakness
Thursday, May 10, 2012

You may vaguely recall Seven Days in May as a tale of the attempted overthrow of the United States of America. The book has been described as realistic, prophetic, and a page-turning tale of conspiracy at the highest political levels. What many have forgotten, in the book and movie, intriguingly, is that the story develops due to a background conflict occurring between Russia and the United States in...Iran.

In the fictional story Seven Days in May, part of the hidden language utilized involves coded messages hidden in conversations about horse race betting and the running of not the Kentucky Derby, but the Preakness.

Prophetic novels are interesting. We don't seem to be in a time of a politically divided nation with the talk of any first-strikes pointed at Iran, now do we?

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2012/ ... s-may.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.rigorousintuition.ca%2Fboard2%2F+%22seven+days+in+may%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

search.php?keywords=seven+days+in+may&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Frankenheimer the Forrest Gump of the Kennedy Assassinations

Postby MinM » Sun May 13, 2012 9:43 am

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:11 PM
The irony of Frankenheimer driving Bobby to THAT spot is nearly impossible to believe. One of those coincidences that seems almost Divine. Not not in a positive manner, more in a way to guide one's thinking when viewing this very important film. Like Seven Days In May, these films are must owns.

Dawn

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry250160

Seven Days in May was published in 1962. It was made into a motion picture and released in February 1964, with a screenplay by Rod Serling, directed by John Frankenheimer, and starring Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Fredric March, and Ava Gardner.

The story is said to have been influenced by the right-wing anti-Communist political activities of General Edwin A. Walker, after he was forced to resign from the military. Burt Lancaster's role of Air Force General James Mattoon Scott was based, in part, on Walker. General Walker was an alleged attempted assassination target of Lee Harvey Oswald on April 10, 1963. From the period of the JFK assassination forward, General Walker wrote and spoke publicly about his belief that Oswald, who Walker thought killed JFK, also shot at him in the "April Crime."
An additional inspiration was provided by the 1961 interview conducted by Knebel, a political journalist and columnist, with the newly-appointed Air Force Chief of Staff, Curtis LeMay, an advocate of the first-strike nuclear option. LeMay went on to be the vice presidential running mate of American Independent Party presidential candidate George Wallace in 1968...

Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Oswald & Coup d'etat

Postby MinM » Sun May 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:44 AM
Oswald, Truman & the USMC

Did Oswald know what he was saying when he wrote:

"Americans are apt to scoff at the idea, that a military coup in the US., as so often happens in Latin american countries, could ever replace our government. but that is an idea that has grounds for consideration."

Certainly this was a consideration on the mind of many people, especially JFK, who was well aware of the military's attitude, especially after the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis, and was certainly thinking about the possibility of a coup, as he related to Paul Fay and others, when he said that it could happen in the USA if there were a series of Bay of Pigs type incidents. He also permitted John Frankenheimer to use the White House as a setting for Seven Days in May, about a military coup in the USA, complete with composite characters who clearly resembled Generals Walker and LeMay.

Oswald goes on to speculate, "Which military organization has the potenitialities of executing such action? Is it the army? with its many constripes, its unwieldy size its scores of bases scattered across the world? The case of Gen. Walker shows that the army, at least, is not fertail enough ground for a far right regime to go a very long way. for the same reasons of size and desposition the Navy and air force is also to be more or less disregarded. Which service than, can qwalify to launch a coup in the USA? Small size, a permenent hard core of officerss and few baseis is necscary. Only one outfit fits that description and the U.S.M.C. is a right wing infiltrated organization of dire potential consequence's to the freedoms of the U.S. I agree with former President Truman when he said that 'The Marine Corps should be abolished.'"

Notes for a Speech, by Lee Harvey Oswald
WC vol. 16, pp. 441-2

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry173272

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

Last night I watched "Seven Days in May". The film stands up very well. I was especially impressed with the acting and the script by Rod Serling.

The film is based on the novel by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II and published in 1962. The author, Knebel, got the idea for the book after interviewing the Air Force Chief of Staff Curtis LeMay. At the time LeMay had spoken to some of his staff about removing the President from power.

In the film the leader of the plot, head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), Air Force General James Mattoon Scott, is compared to General Edwin A. Walker.

It is believed that Knebel got the idea for the book after a conversation with President Kennedy. It was Knebel's first novel. According to John Frankenheimer, the director, Pierre Salinger conveyed to him that JFK wanted the film be made, "these were the days of General Walker" and, though the Pentagon did not want the film made, the President would conveniently arrange to visit Hyannis Port for a weekend when the film needed to shoot outside the White House.

The main figure behind the film was not John Frankenheimer but Kirk Douglas and his film company, Joel Productions. It was Douglas who broke the blacklist with producing Spartacus in 1960. Joe McCarthy along with General Walker gets a mention in the film.

In the book, the secret United States Army combat unit created and controlled by Scott's conspiracy is based in Texas near Fort Bliss. However, in the film the venue is changed to San Diego. I wonder why?

Rod Serling is an interesting choice to write the script. He had very left-wing views and was very frustrated by the amount of political censorship he suffered. In 1959, he began producing The Twilight Zone. He stated in an interview that the science fiction format would not be controversial and would escape censorship unlike his earlier work on television. In reality the show gave him the opportunity to communicate social messages in a more veiled context.

Serling died of a heart-attack at the age of 50.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=14496
Earth-704509
MinM

Curtis LeMay » Seven Days in May | KWH?

Postby MinM » Sun May 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

I'd be willing to bet that the title of the novel and movie was a pun on "LeMay." I mean, it could have been "Seven Days in June" or "Seven Days in August."

I remember seeing the movie a couple of times, wondering how they came up with such a believable story about an attempted coup d'etat in America. It was preposterous, such a thing could never happen here, but they made it seem so realistic! That's how naive or stupid I was back then.

I was also a big fan of The Twilight Zone. It would never have occurred to me back then that the government would care what was being written or shown in the entertainment world. (I had no idea, for example, that the government was out to get the editor of Mad Magazine!) Weren't there more important things to worry about?
I remember reading about how the "insane" Ernest Hemingway, who was just a novelist who enjoyed hunting and bullfights, was convinced that the FBI was spying on him. How crazy can you get!?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry168834

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry190067
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Seven Days In May, Iran, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Prea

Postby DrVolin » Sun May 13, 2012 6:25 pm

The Preakness connection to George Washington is interesting. One seldom mentioned 9/11 coincidence is that not only was it the anniversary of the ground breaking at the Pentagon, it is also the date of the Battle of Brandywine Creek in 1777.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby MinM » Sun May 13, 2012 9:54 pm

...each of the subsequent high-profile targets had serious, almost haunting premonitions about their own deaths. They, like JFK, had received so many death threats, they had to have known the day would come. Their choice was to either cower or stand up for their convictions and carry on, until the inevitable day came. In the case of JFK, my post is pure speculation and pretty far out. But sometimes if you don't get the words outta your head they give you a cranial throb.

MLK: "I've been to the mountaintop...I may not get there with you...Tonight I'm not fearing any man..." Within twelve hours or so he was dead.

Malcolm: The day before he got shot his good friend Earl Grant actually invited him to spend the night at his apartment but Malcolm refused: "You have a family," said Malcolm. "I don't want anyone hurt on my account. I always knew it would end like this."

RFK: In late May, (1968) he slipped off to director John Frankenheimer's Malibu beach house with some Hollywood glitterati, including Shirley MacLaine, Warren Beatty, Jean Seberg and Seberg's novelist husband, Romain Gary. Unable to leave Kennedy alone, Gary accosted him: "You know, don't you, that somebody is going to kill you?" Kennedy fended him off with fatalism. "That's the chance I have to take," he said.

Edited by Mark Valenti, 24 May 2007 - 10:33 PM
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Frankenheimer the Forrest Gump of the Kennedy Assassinat

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 13, 2012 11:50 pm

MinM wrote:
Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:11 PM
The irony of Frankenheimer driving Bobby to THAT spot is nearly impossible to believe. One of those coincidences that seems almost Divine. Not not in a positive manner, more in a way to guide one's thinking when viewing this very important film. Like Seven Days In May, these films are must owns.

Dawn

Can you explain what is meant by that? Frankenheimer drove Bobby, how? Literally, metaphorically, to what spot? I followed the link and it's just as out of context there as here. Does it refer to the story in the post just above this one, about Gary's question at Frankenheimer's house?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby sunny » Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 am

Frankenheimer drove Bobby to the Ambassador Hotel the night he was assassinated.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon May 14, 2012 12:26 am

Gah! I knew that once. That is sick.

I think Edwin Walker and Dulles are the two most-prime suspects for inclusion among the top-level planners of the JFK assassination. But who were their necessary counterparts still on the inside? I think constructing the claim that Oswald first took a shot at him was Walker's way of putting a signature on the dirty work, and appointing himself to run the Warren Commission was Dulles's.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby MinM » Thu May 17, 2012 3:45 pm

elfismiles wrote:Seven Days In May, Iran, Lee Harvey Oswald, and the Preakness
Thursday, May 10, 2012

You may vaguely recall Seven Days in May as a tale of the attempted overthrow of the United States of America. The book has been described as realistic, prophetic, and a page-turning tale of conspiracy at the highest political levels. What many have forgotten, in the book and movie, intriguingly, is that the story develops due to a background conflict occurring between Russia and the United States in...Iran.

In the fictional story Seven Days in May, part of the hidden language utilized involves coded messages hidden in conversations about horse race betting and the running of not the Kentucky Derby, but the Preakness.

Prophetic novels are interesting. We don't seem to be in a time of a politically divided nation with the talk of any first-strikes pointed at Iran, now do we?

With the Preakness coming up in a few days and the rhetoric regarding Iran heating up...
Plans to strike Iran "ready," says U.S. Israel envoy

JERUSALEM | Thu May 17, 2012 6:51am EDT

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - U.S. plans for a possible military strike on Iran are ready and the option is "fully available", the U.S. ambassador to Israel said, days before Tehran resumes talks with world powers which suspect it of seeking to develop nuclear arms.

Like Israel, the United States has said it considers military force a last resort to prevent Iran using its uranium enrichment to make a bomb. Iran insists its nuclear program is for purely civilian purposes.

"It would be preferable to resolve this diplomatically and through the use of pressure than to use military force," Ambassador Dan Shapiro said in remarks about Iran aired by Israel's Army Radio on Thursday.

"But that doesn't mean that option is not fully available - not just available, but it's ready. The necessary planning has been done to ensure that it's ready," said Shapiro, who the radio station said had spoken on Tuesday.

The United States, Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany have been using sanctions and negotiations to try to persuade Iran to curb its uranium enrichment, which can produce fuel for reactors, medical isotopes, and, at higher levels of purification, fissile material for warheads.

New talks opened in Istanbul last month and resume on May 23 in Baghdad.

Israel, which is widely assumed to have the Middle East's only atomic arsenal, feels threatened by the prospect of its arch-foe Iran going nuclear and has hinted it could launch preemptive war.

But many analysts believe the United States alone has the military clout to do lasting damage to Iran's nuclear program.

In January, Shapiro told an Israeli newspaper the United States was "guaranteeing that the military option is ready and available to the president at the moment he decides to use it".

U.S. lawmakers are considering additional legislation that would increase pressure on Iran, with further measures to punish foreign companies for dealing with Iran in any capacity.

(Writing by Maayan Lubell; Editing by Andrew Roche)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/ ... AS20120517

It's good to know that there is one voice of moderation and reason out there.

The Director of Battleship??? :shrug:
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Thu May 17, 2012 7:45 pm

sunny wrote:Frankenheimer drove Bobby to the Ambassador Hotel the night he was assassinated.

More on that...
Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

On another thread, Morrow blasted Lisa Pease for giving a negative review to Heymann's "Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story."

Now, he did not quote one sentence from the review. He just blasted Lisa personally. SInce this review is published at CTKA, and I edited the review for accuracy and flow, and since Lisa is not here to defend herself, let us examine what Morrow ignores in that review in order to go ahead and smear Lisa personally. Because I think this is a telling example of what he is about as a person and as an analyst of the evidence.

Now, Heymann is an author who Morrow values as a writer, and so do others here who actually use his work. Let us keep this in mind as we discuss the following pieces of evidence and expose Heymann's methodology, or lack of.

POINT !

Lisa begins by saying she did not really want to review this book, She had read Heymann's book on RFK, and closed it after a few pages because she saw the following quote in the book:

"At six-fifteen, Kennedy and Dutton were driven by John Frankenheimer from Malibu to the Ambassador Hotel. ... As Frankenheimer cruised along the Santa Monica Freeway, attempting to make the thirty-minute trip in half that time, Bobby said, "Hey, John, take it slow. I want to live long enough to enjoy my impending victory."

Lisa then did what any real analyst would. She looked up where Heymann got the quote. THis was not easy since Heymann had attributed the quote to the wrong page of Schlesinger's biography. WHen she found the real quote, from the right page, this is what it said:

“About six-thirty Frankenheimer drove him to the Hotel Ambassador. He sped furiously along the Santa Monica Freeway. ‘Take it easy, John,’ Kennedy said. ‘Life is too short.’”

Note that Heymann has not just got the page wrong, but the time, and he got the quote wrong. And note how, not so subtly, this changes RFK’s character. It is not too late, yet RFK now gives a quote which implies arrogance and imperiousness. One has to wonder if Heymann deliberately got the page wrong so you could not see how he mangled the actual quote...

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry247366
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu May 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Wow. What an interview. Hollywood director goes to war.

Explains why 'Battleship' releasing 5/18/12.
Because of the upcoming anniversary of 6/8/67...the USS Liberty incident....a very awkward history of deception and counter-deception.

Must be a reason to ramp-up the masking on that one...potential or planned naval saber-rattling, perhaps...
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby MinM » Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 am

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Today is the running of the Preakness horse race.

In Seven Days in May, a betting pool on the Preakness is used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a code cover for the coup...

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry167353

Beware of any Preakness pools.
Earth-704509
MinM

EComCon

Postby MinM » Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 am

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 20, 2012 2:14 am

MinM wrote:Image
Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Today is the running of the Preakness horse race.

In Seven Days in May, a betting pool on the Preakness is used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a code cover for the coup...

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry167353

Beware of any Preakness pools.

I'll Take Another, indeed. Hmmm. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Next

Return to General Discussion