Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Postby Nordic » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:22 pm

The people who like to fuck with people's heads often do so just for the fun of it. The "why does a dog lick its balls" motivation.

This could have been someone just trying out their new toys.

And Holmes was certainly in a place where he could have been found, trained, and exploited by some of these people. I mean, when you go into that field, you really have no idea what you're gonna be messing with, and the types of people who are already claiming that territory. In the earlier videos I've seen of him he seems like quite the wide-eyed innocent.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Luther Blissett wrote:The second amendment will only die with the very last vestiges of American empire as most of us lay smoldering in a desert.

This is why, instead of outright banning guns - which would necessitate some kind of programme where the government goes around removing weapons from owners, which could lead to a hundred mini-Wacos or Ruby Ridges before it was done - they should instead make training to paramedic level a prerequisite for getting a gun license, starting now. This wouldn't violate the Second Amendment, since a "well regulated militia" would obviously have trained medics in it's ranks, and under my system every new gun owner would have to be a trained medic.

This would help save the lives of all the people who accidentally shoot themselves and others the whole time, would create jobs in the medical training "sector", and would raise money, since the cost of being trained to that level is around $1,000 - 10,000 depending on location. It only takes about 24 months to gain the required skills and qualifications too.

Surely no reasonable person would object to this system, since those who want to carry guns the most are all about saving lives and helping others and protecting the community aren't they? And a medic is probably better for that purpose than an armed but probably untrained civillian. The NRA believes in gun safety so I'm sure they would fully support these measures and...

Hahahaha. Aye right. They just want to shoot stuff and be heroes. Medics actually have to touch blood rather than just seeing it puff out in a soft cloud from a safe distance behind the trigger. It's a shame, but no sensible system will ever be put in place.

lupercal wrote:Not sure where you're getting this as you don't provide links or quotes, but for the record my last post in this thread is here

Sorry Luper, I was conflating a few of your posts together and also thought the last one by ninakat was by you... overall it was giving me an impression of certainty about what had happened that bothered me a bit. My fault.

lupercal wrote:The Breivik/Brevik issue is indeed relevant, and after reviewing reports and photos from the trial, which evidently wasn't sealed after all, nothing I've found has changed my view of that operation, so I'm confident that Brevik is a patsy who neither car-bombed Oslo nor carried out a mass assassination on Utoya, though he seems to believe that he did.

Fair enough, I think differently. My worry about seeing it as an op where Breivik was a mere patsy is that it sort of excuses the far-out internet preachers of the Counter-Jihad who seem to have influenced him and reinforced his hatreds, the Fjordman types, and ignores the damaging extent to which their ideology has infiltrated the mainstream and is bending people's brains. It also leaves out the possible mundane/operational influence on Breivik's attacks of guys like Alan Lake (or does it? Maybe it doesn't actually.) Anyway, everybody's entitled to reach their own conclusions.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 pm

barracuda wrote:
AhabsOtherLeg wrote:there did turn out to be film and pictures taken by victims,

Is any of that material posted on ye olde World Wide Web?

What I've seen of it was just a few stills from a BBC documentary called This World: Norway's Massacre. The pictures have appeared in newspapers as well - it is really just a couple of mobile phone images of some of the teenagers barricaded inside one of the dorm/bunk buildings, with a mattress propped up with furniture to cover the window.

I haven't seen any images of Breivik shooting taken by anyone who was there, sorry if it sounded like that was what I meant. I don't know if anything like that exists or not, and actually, I was wrong again, there is no video taken during the attacks themselves that I know of.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 pm

He had birdshot in his shotgun? That's odd. And only lethal at extreme close range. So said the Navy chic.

I've extremely busy, too busy to find enough time to post, but perhaps later tonight I'll make time.

So far we've heard that this was a false flag and the suspect was a patsy. We've heard that it took place to get people to buy more guns; that it was staged by the "government" in order to get the public behind their alleged effort to confiscate everyone's guns; and that it was instigated by the NRA to keep the fear level high. A few more supposed motives not worth mentioning, Breivic, Syria, etc.

Anyone care a whit about the vics or survivors? Not much being said there.
Iamwhomiam

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Barracuda, you're reversing the burden of proof. Did James Eagan Holmes do it?

The facts as we know them:

1. Somebody gasmasked & helmeted (and therefore unidentifiable) and clad in black committed mass murder in a dark movie theater, after throwing smoke- or gasbombs.

2. Somebody identified as James Eagan Holmes was arrested, without resisting, in or near his car, outside that movie theater shortly afterwards.

3. The person identified as James Eagan Holmes appeared in court dazed, disorientated and silent. He was a promising young man with no previous criminal record.

4. The entire case is now -- very exceptionally -- barred from public view.

So it's not up to anyone to prove that THE CIA DUNNIT. Its up to a desperately attenuated and compromised legal system to prove that James Eagan Holmes dunnit.

HTH.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby geogeo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Exactly, thank you!

IMHO this has nothing to do with gun control. If/when the military turn inward, they have little to fear from "well-armed" Americans. The military have planes, tanks, bombs, missiles, all manner of gases, etc., etc. If any of these massacres had to do with gun control, there would have been some sort of more Draconian legislation years ago. Just the opposite. In any case case, the government doesn't want to take your guns, it wants you to stockpile guns when the day comes, so you can turn them on the commies, anarchists, and drum circles, or whomever. This is how it works in Central America now, the war of all against all, and the oligarchs sit back and gloat.

For me, this would seem like yet another attempt to create an atmosphere of fear and hopelessness, etc., another successful experiment in social engineering. Not saying it is, but I'm not too happy about posters who seem to wish that those who post on RI not spend time theorizing about this event. If not us, then who? Last time I checked, all these posts are Google-able, so all this goes on the record. The more opinions we get out there, the better. Subject it all to scrutiny, great, but don't expect us to be silent.
as below so above
geogeo

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:53 pm

iamwhomiam wrote:Anyone care a whit about the vics or survivors? Not much being said there.

That comment is unworthy of you, iamwhomiam.

It is out of compassion for all the victims of this incident that I spend my time looking into it.

It is quite a disturbing experience for me, this one.

I could walk away.

I know enough already.

And yet.

This is a fear working from the dark controllers.

You might understand that "metaphorically."

Or you might understand it "literally."

I think at this stage of the game it might be best to just turn away from this fear working.

And yet.

There is so much at play here.

There is certainly more here than meets the eye.

Mind control is the only topic.

Or perhaps just Mind.

Time and Space are the deepest mysteries.

What did Holmes' mentor know of Time?

What are the details of the work Holmes was engaged in?

And so on.

Alas.

At my back I always hear.

Etc.

Hammer of Los

Postby barracuda » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 am

MacCruiskeen wrote:Barracuda, you're reversing the burden of proof.

Rather obviously we're not in a court of law here. As far as I can tell from reading the thread, there's no burden of anything.

Like it or not, there's evidence that he committed the murders. There's no point in pretending that's not the case. And it sure seems like he's admitted to making explosive devices and booby trapping his pad, which is not just illegal in and of itself, but implicates him in the larger crime.

I don't usually make make predictions, but it doesn't take Peter Hurkos to figure out that Holmes won't contest that he shot the victims here. His contentions to the court will have to do with his state of mind at the time of the killings.

So it's not up to anyone to prove that THE CIA DUNNIT. Its up to a desperately attenuated and compromised legal system to prove that James Eagan Holmes dunnit.

I'm not asking people to prove the involvement of the CIA, or the Bavarian Illuminati, or the Colorado Rifle and Pistol Association. I'm just throwing my dos pesos out there.

HTH.

Not really.

geogeo wrote: In any case case, the government doesn't want to take your guns, it wants you to stockpile guns when the day comes, so you can turn them on the commies, anarchists, and drum circles, or whomever. This is how it works in Central America now, the war of all against all, and the oligarchs sit back and gloat.

The government knows that for most people in America gun ownership is a ticket to total political passivity.

For me, this would seem like yet another attempt to create an atmosphere of fear and hopelessness, etc., another successful experiment in social engineering.

Create an atmosphere of fear and hopelessness? I know you're aware that the planet is in the middle of a world war, a financial crisis of leviathan proportions, and the biggest ecological meltdown since the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event. I'll tell you what creates fear and hopelessness - yet another fucking Batman reboot.

Not saying it is, but I'm not too happy about posters who seem to wish that those who post on RI not spend time theorizing about this event. If not us, then who? Last time I checked, all these posts are Google-able, so all this goes on the record. The more opinions we get out there, the better. Subject it all to scrutiny, great, but don't expect us to be silent.

Well, I did wait til nearly the fortieth page of the thread to offer my opinion. I don't see that I'm being unfairly unreasonable by doing so, or that my thoughts have cast a chill on the convo. So theorize away! By all means! With gusto! The more opinions the better! But maybe you're only interested in seeing certain kinds of opinions here, in which case maybe I can't be of much help to you today.
barracuda

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:18 am

barracuda wrote:
MacCruiskeen wrote:Barracuda, you're reversing the burden of proof.

Rather obviously we're not in a court of law here. As far as I can tell rom reading the thread, there's no burden of anything.

Rather obviously, you are talking out of your arse. Of course we're not in a court of law here. What do you imagine you're doing by even mentioning that ballsachingly obvious fact? Demonstrating that you can reverse the burden of proof on an internet message board, because it's not a court of law?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby barracuda » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 am

Every suspect but Santa Claus and the LGM has been named in lieu of James Holmes during the course of this thread, bro, so don't expect to lord some fucking evidentiary rules of jurisprudence over me at this late date.
barracuda

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:22 am

You are so full of shit.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby barracuda » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:25 am

Quit yer cryin'. It's downright unmanly.
barracuda

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 am

You are one impressive hard-arguin' dude, dude.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 pm

geogeo wrote:In any case case, the government doesn't want to take your guns, it wants you to stockpile guns so when the day comes, so you can turn them on the commies, anarchists, and drum circles, or whomever.

That point often seems to be overlooked by the more liberal or left-wing (or anarchist) gun rights advocates.

This comment left under an LA Times article about the quite recent massacre of sixteen civillians in Aghanistan by (a) US solders(s) kind of sums up the problem for me:

AmericanMan76 at 5:55 AM April 18, 2012

So What this is no big deal, it is war and all the Times is doing is trashing the United States, period. Look at what the Taliban do especially to women and girls. Besides when it is time to go after Progressives we will need trained troops.

This guy more than likely owns a gun or two, and all his friends who feel the same way will have their hobby arsenals too. They are waiting for their chance to use them, just like the good people of Algiers Point were waiting, waiting, to institute their own lethal version of the brown paper bag test. It would not make me feel any safer to have this kind of citizen bearing arms. They won't resist a tyrranous government. They will more likely be it's most enthusiastic snitches and torturers and "well regulated militia" if given the chance.

Nobody is being prevented from advancing theories, btw.
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby undead » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

I just remembered, you don't want to forget about this angle...

Hi, this site is all about The Joker, THE REAL JOKER. This site is awesome. My name is James Eagan Holmes and I can't stop thinking about The Joker. That guy is cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1. The Joker is a mammal.
2. The Joker fights ALL the time.
3. The purpose of The Joker is to flip out and kill people.

Gear of The Joker

Testimonial:

The Joker can kill anyone he wants! The Joker machine guns movie theatres ALL the time and doesn't even think twice about it. This guy is so crazy and awesome that he flips out ALL the time. I heard that once The Joker was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon The Joker killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw The Joker totally shotgun some Navy veteran just because she tried to escape!

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that The Joker has REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or he will fuck you up with a mysterious gas grenade!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

The Joker is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. This guy is totally awesome and that's a fact. The Joker is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start neuroscience graduate school next year. I love The Joker with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Q and A:.

Q: Why is everyone so obsessed about The Joker?
A: The Joker is the ultimate paradox. On the one hand he don't give a crap, but on the other hand, The Joker has elaborate plans to shoot up movie theaters and blow up his house with booby traps.

Q: I heard that the Joker is always cruel or mean. What's his problem?
A: Whoever told you that is a total liar. Just like other mammals, the Joker can be mean OR totally awesome.

Q: What does the Joker do when he's not machine gunning movie theaters or flipping out?

A: Most of his free time is spent hiring prostitutes online, but sometime he sees a psychiatrist. (Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Last edited by undead on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion