Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Postby wordspeak2 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Business Insider article sums up physical evidence arguments against Holmes as a lone shooter:

http://www.businessinsider.com/james-ho ... ies-2012-8

Police Audio Raises The Possibility There Were Multiple Shooters In The 'Dark Knight' Massacre
Michael Kelley | Aug. 7, 2012, 5:51 PM | 19,202 | 24

At a July 20 press conference Aurora police Chief Dan Oates said investigators were confident that James Holmes acted alone in the largest mass shooting in U.S. history by casualties and that authorities were "not looking for any other suspects."
But doubters are citing official evidence to question that Holmes was the only shooter, or a shooter at all.
The argument of the skeptics can be split into three categories: the discovery of Holmes, the real-time testimony on police radio transmissions and the extra evidence at the scene.
The discovery of Holmes
During the press conference, Oates said that Holmes was "apprehended outside his White Hyundai parked in the back of the theater" and that he "surrendered without any significant incident."
According to police radio transmissions (at 6:15), an officer found "a suspect in a gas mask" and another officer asked "Is that the dude in the white car you're by?" After a few transmissions, an officer asks (at 6:49) "That white car in the rear of the lot – is that a suspect?" The response is "Yes! We've got rifles, gas mask, he's detained right now, I've got an open door going into the theater."
Skeptics cite this exchange as evidence that Holmes was found in his locked car with a gas mask on and heavily drugged – not outside the car as Oates said – which would have forced first responders to break the passenger side window and get a white stretcher board in preparation to transport him.

The police radio transmissions
We've reported on the eye witness report from Corbin Dates, who said that it looked as if someone in the theater took a phone call by the emergency door and pried it open while "looking for somebody to come his way."
Another witness told a reporter: "From what we saw he wasn't alone ... because the second can of tear gas didn't come from his side."
Skeptics highlight that police radio transmissions seem to corroborate those accounts:
Three minutes after Holmes was supposedly detained in/by his car, an officer says (at 9:58): "One of the shooters might be wearing a white and blue plaid shirt" and the dispatcher responds "Copy, outstanding shooter possibly wearing a white and blue plaid shirt."
An officer says (at 11:43): "The suspect is saying that he's the only one but I'm getting conflicting suspect descriptions from the witnesses out here."
Then, the dispatcher receives several updates (at 24:42) and says: "Copy, all units ... male with a red backpack and another one possibly in black clothing headed toward Alameda" Avenue.
Subsequently an officer says (at 25:00): "Suspect is going to be male, unknown race, black camo-type outfit, believed to be wearing a vest, gas mask and multiple long guns." That update is reiterated by another officer at 31:15.
Even after 45 more minutes pass – making it more than an hour after Holmes was detained – the officers still mention other potential shooters:
1:16:16: Officer: "Talking to people making statements, sounds like we have possibly 2 shooters, one that was in Theater 8 seated, another one that came in from the outside into Theater 9. Sounds like it was a coordinated attack."
1:16:55: Dispatch: "Every unit, possible 2nd shooter still at large... Keep the media away from them."
1:31:27: Dispatch: Again, no witnesses are to be released, even if they've been spoken to."

Getty
The trail of blood leading toward (as opposed to away from) the emergency exit of Theater 9 is currently unexplained.
The extra evidence outside the theater
There has not yet been an official explanation of the orange duffel bag, gas can and ballistic gear found at a different part of the parking lot than the ballistic gear found near Holmes' car.
And although authorities say they found a 100-round, drum-style ammo clip in the rifle used by Holmes, skeptics note that the rifle found outside of the Theater 9 emergency exit appears to have a normal clip.
Another puzzling piece of evidence if Holmes was the only shooter is the second gas mask found at the far end of the parking lot, hundreds of feet from Theater 9's emergency exit and Holmes' car. (Holmes was found wearing a different gas mask.)
On July 20 Oates said police "immediately arrested the suspect at the back of the theater" 90 seconds after the first 911 call was made, which would make it difficult for Holmes to account for all of the items.
All that being said, the Arapahoe County Court judge has granted a request to seal the case against Holmes after the prosecutors argued that disclosing the court records would be "contrary to public interest" and "could jeopardize the ongoing investigation."
So we won't be able to compare the skeptical line of thinking with the search warrants, affidavits, orders, and case file anytime soon.
wordspeak2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 pm

and I thought I was paying attention to this. First I've heard of a second bag of tactical gear, a second gas mask, etc :grumpy
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby barracuda » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Business Insider wrote:All that being said, the Arapahoe County Court judge has granted a request to seal the case against Holmes after the prosecutors argued that disclosing the court records would be "contrary to public interest" and "could jeopardize the ongoing investigation."

So we won't be able to compare the skeptical line of thinking with the search warrants, affidavits, orders, and case file anytime soon.

This is true, but the request to seal the case has been agreed upon by the defendant's attorneys:

Holmes sat shackled and wearing his maroon prison garb during the hearing while his lawyers argued against the media request for the records to be unsealed. In a document submitted to Arapaho County District Judge William Sylvester, Holmes' lawyers said unsealing the entire court record would jeopardize the ability of the defendant to get a fair trial.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-08-09/us/u ... cial-media

Also, I see that no one has yet posted the recent inference by his defense team that Holmes is mentally ill. Oh well...

The defense team for the man accused of killing 12 people and injuring 58 others in an Aurora movie theater July 20 could use mental illness as a possible defense.

Daniel King, the public defender for James Holmes mentioned his client's "mental illness" twice in court Thursday.

"By the remarks made the defense today, it appears as though the defense is setting the stage for this pleading," said 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson. "The defense only has one card to play and that is the plea of not guilty by reason of insanity."

KUSA/9NEWS Crime and Justice reporter Anastasiya Bolton was in court Thursday during the 1:30 p.m. proceeding when the public defender Daniel King mentioned Holmes' "mental illness."

King told the court that so far the defense has seen 2,677 pages of discovery [referring to police reports, witness statements, photographs and other psychical evidence] and cited law that gives prosecution 20 days from the filing of charges to provide the documents they have in this case.

King said the defense has not seen pictures or interviews related to the case, saying today marks the 10th day since the charges were filed.

"We can't begin to assess the nature and depth of Mr. Holmes' mental illness until we see all the discovery," King said.

During a different portion of the hearing, while talking about the notebook investigators found allegedly sent by Holmes to his psychiatrists, King referred to Dr. Lynne Fenton as a "psychiatrist Holmes turned to for help with his mental illness."

http://www.digtriad.com/news/national/a ... tally-Ill-
barracuda

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Ah how time and pages are flown since I pledged to see Bogdanovich's "Targets".

Saw it last nite. :zomg

I don't want to spoil it. The cars and music are outdated but it is one of the most modern films of the era in approach. Definitely ahead of it's time.

To top it off, they are screening 'The Terror' while the sniper does his thing. Uh-huh, the one with a young Jack Nicholson who went on to play the Joker so well that Ledger had to kill himself to surpass it...Gotta love synchronicity.

:thumbsup Thanks again for the recommendation.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

The Bart, The.

Postby IanEye » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 am

IanEye wrote:
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/blog/IanEye/alice_goes_to_hell__god_bless_america_b-198.html

if there is a tear on my face

it makes me shiver to the bone

shakes me babe

it's just a heartache

that got caught in my eye

and you know i never cry
eye never cry

sometimes i drink more than i need

until the TV's dead & gone

i may be lonely

but i'm never alone

and the night may pass me by
but i'll never cry

take away
take away my eyes

sometimes I'd rather be blind

because that's all I got to give to you
believe me babe it ain't been used

my heart's a virgin - it ain't never been tried

and you know i'll never cry

eye will never cry

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby chump » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:55 am

http://rigint.blogspot.com/2006/09/clow ... night.html

"Nobody laughs at a clown at midnight." - Lon Chaney

... Cold logic and mystical, sadistic murder. In a good and necessary cause, we'll be told. And not a word about the magick.

posted by Jeff Wells at 9/06/2006 05:43:00 AM
chump

Postby CLK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Greetings and salutations, RigInt readers. This is Christopher Loring Knowles from The Secret Sun. I know there are some Sun readers here and I wanted to say hello. I'm a longtime RI reader and FB with Jeff Wells. On a more important note, I wanted to run some disturbing links I've made with recent shootings that the media - and the so-called alternative media most of all- don't have the balls to touch. I've been talking about it quite a bit on the blog but no one wants to go near it. I sent repeated emails to Heinrich Palmgren about it but he wouldn't even respond. Here's how it presented it Loren Coleman in our recent interview:

Let me end this on a more conspiratorial note: Virginia Tech, Tucson, Aurora, the DC Joker, the Maine Joker- all of these events took place in congressional districts with Democratic representatives (two of whom are Jewish, three of whom are women), most of whom are people that extremists in the gun lobby (who are to the Second Amendment what the Boko Haram is to Islam) have targeted for elimination, electorally speaking.

Oak Creek (whose state rep. is a liberal Democrat) follows on an extremely divisive battle in which public unions have been targeted for elimination and Columbine took place at a time when the Religious Right was seizing control of the entire state of Colorado. The actors in Columbine, Oklahoma City and Oak Creek all have clear links to the extreme right/gun show circuit underground.

After every shooting gun sales always skyrocket, and the media uses "right wing" sockpuppets to pump out the message that if these people were armed, these shootings would never have taken place. The Sikhs were created as a warrior caste, are prosperous, have been mistaken for Muslims since 9/11 and therefore are an excellent mission field for the gun industry.

There are a million conspiracy theorists out there and not a single one is willing to connect all of these dots, hiding in plain sight, preferring to spin ridiculous theories about utterly imaginary gun-grabs. Is this because conspiracy culture is predominantly right wing and has the same blind spots towards its own sins as does the Left when it comes to making excuses for street crime and violence?

And just this weekend we saw two more shootings, one in a safe Democrat district and one in a district the GOP and Dems have fought tooth and nail over for years.

Along with MS-4, TX-17 was the most heavily Republican district in the nation represented by a Democrat, according to the Cook Partisan Voting Index, which rates it R+20.[3] This is due to the 2003 Texas redistricting, engineered by former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. The district was drawn to make it Republican-dominated and unseat its then Democratic incumbent, Chet Edwards. Ultimately, this failed, and while several of his colleagues went down to defeat, Edwards held on to the seat in the 2004, 2006 and 2008 elections.

However, In the 2010 Congressional elections, the district elected Republican Bill Flores over Edwards by a margin of 61.8% to 36.6%.[4] Flores, who took office on January 3, 2011, is the first Republican ever elected to represent this district since its creation 91 years ago.

But there's a detail about the College Station shooting that gave me chills. From a reader on my FB page

"Six hours after the incident, police released the names of other victims: College Station resident Chris Northcliff, 43, had nothing to do with the incident and was walking down the street when he was killed."

But someone has posted at Democratic Underground, "One of the victims of today's shootings in College Station, TX was a close friend of mine. Chris Northcliffe was a kind and gentle man. He and I instantly connected through our love of Democratic politics. We first met when I organized an opposition demonstration to our republican representative's townhall meeting last summer. He was a champion of the progressive cause and a wonderful human being."

So a gun nut and Glenn Beck fan starts shooting wildly when the cops come to evict him and just happens to randomly kill a Democratic and progressive activist? There's a synchronicity there that's uncomfortable to even think about.

Here's the link. http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021127667

And here's another fact about the Holmes shooting. Not only are the judge and DA both Republican apparatchiks, but the US Rep of that district is a major enemy of the gun lobby.

UPDATE: Put away the Ouija boards and the secret decoder rings for the time being- just like Tucson, Aurora is represented by a Democrat on the gun lobby's hit list:

Perlmutter, a moderate Democrat who represents Colorado's 7th District, was elected to Congress in 2006. During the hard-fought Democratic primary, he ran ads against rival Peggy Lamm, a former state representative, that accused her of ties to the Republican gun lobby.

Although Aurora was recently named one of the safest cities in America, the issue of gun control resonates there. Aurora is less than 20 miles from the site of the Columbine High School shootings, which left 13 people dead in 1999.

Before the 2006 primary, Perlmutter campaigned with the father of a victim of the Columbine massacre. Tom Mauser, whose son Daniel was among a dozen students killed, said he supported the former state senator because Perlmutter promised to work to revive the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence also endorsed Perlmutter.

Let's also remember the close links between the NeoNazi underground, the conspiracy media and the Religious Right hierarchy, which is HQ'd in Colorado and runs the school Holmes attended via the Anschutz family. Remember also that the Religious Right agenda started immediately after MK Ultra ended its experimental phase.

Here's a list of questions I raised on the post that Red Ice Creations refused to link to. Let me just say that I don't pretend to present any of this anything but pointed speculation. But I don't see why the only conspiracy theories that are allowed to be circulated are those that bolster the power of the Extreme Right.

So; who benefits most of all from mass shootings? The gun lobby.

Even in a bad economy they can hit the jackpot if enough fear is stirred up over a mass killing. And the benefits are not just financial.

• Ask yourself this: where could James Holmes and the other unemployed killers have gotten all of that expensive firepower and armor?

• If they couldn't afford it, could someone have given it to them?

• Who would be able to most easily and cheaply do so?

• Who would be able to supply a lone nut with all the firepower he could handle and later be able to reap a massive monetary windfall from their actions?

• Who is out there trying to cultivate an atmosphere of fear and terror in order to create demand for their products?

• Who believes, like Chairman Mao, that political power comes from the barrel of a gun?

Cui Bono?

Now, let me just say I am Independent and have no love for the Democratic Party. But what we're seeing could be interpreted as an organized, paramilitary terror campaign, the kind we used to see in Europe in the 1970s.

Any thoughts?
CLK

Postby CLK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Also, we know about the Sikh temple shooters connections to NeoNazi/conspiracy underground, here's some information on the College Station shooter and his total, Timothy McVeigh-styled immersion in the political culture created by the gun lobby.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/college-station-shooter-posted-about-guns-politic
CLK

Postby barracuda » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Wow, CLK, thanks for joining us. I've really admired and tried to promote your ideas about the Aurora killings because I agree that the classic conspiracy take on it is a dead end, and maybe even a psyop. Here's my problem with your take:

- The weaponry and equipment used by Holmes has been vastly over-valued by the media. He could have gotten all that stuff for as little as $3 - 5K or less, and

- There doesn't need to be a conspiracy in the sense of deliberate laboratory mind-control to promote senseless killing in the US. The media, poverty, and alienation combined with the sheer availability of cheap weapons is surely guaranteed to create regular havoc. Though I suppose it could be said that this constitutes low-level social engineering/mind-control in any case.

Regarding the political undercurrent you point out, it's a chart of data points well worth plotting.

Again, welcome.
barracuda

Postby CLK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm

barracuda wrote:Wow, CLK, thanks for joining us. I've really admired and tried to promote your ideas about the Aurora killings because I agree that the classic conspiracy take on it is a dead end, and maybe even a psyop. Here's my problem with your take:

- The weaponry and equipment used by Holmes has been vastly over-valued by the media. He could have gotten all that stuff for as little as $3 - 5K or less, and

- There doesn't need to be a conspiracy in the sense of deliberate laboratory mind-control to promote senseless killing in the US. The media, poverty, and alienation combined with the sheer availability of cheap weapons is surely guaranteed to create regular havoc. Though I suppose it could be said that this constitutes low-level social engineering/mind-control in any case.

Regarding the political undercurrent you point out, it's a chart of data points well worth plotting.

Again, welcome.

Cheers, Barracuda. I appreciate it. As to Holmes- I agree. I wrote about that in the first post on the shootings. But it's one of those grey areas, given the other anomalies. As well as the all the other unemployed Jokers with even bigger arsenals.

And let me just reiterate that this is just a theory on my part- as I wrote, the Holmes case bears a lot in common with the Amy Bishop case. I went to school with Bishop and knew that she was seriously bent since day one. I knew the brother she killed- I used to talk about the latest comics in the lunchroom with some other underclassmen, of whom he was one.
CLK

Postby CLK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Barracuda, let me add that I am very much a skeptic when it comes to Manchurian Candidates, but much less so when it comes to brainwashing and manipulating the mentally ill to act as patsies or spree killers. Usually, it doesn't take much pushing.
CLK

Postby barracuda » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 pm

What examples would you confidently give for mentally ill spree killers who show evidence of such manipulation?

Of patsies, I don't really need the list, I guess.
barracuda

Postby CLK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:11 pm

barracuda wrote:What examples would you confidently give for mentally ill spree killers who show evidence of such manipulation?

Of patsies, I don't really need the list, I guess.

The suicide bombers, for starters. Henry Lee Lucas, possibly. And the more I hear about Holmes and the way the Colorado Republican Party is controlling the trial, I'm at least getting a faint whiff there.

I also have my suspicions about the Columbine situation as well.

EDIT: Toss in the Mansons, which was part of Nixon's war on the counterculture.
CLK

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:49 pm

CLK/Secret Sun, thanks for posting!

Someone a few pages back mused how the Alex Jones types view these events as "staged in order to take away gun rights". But gun rights are never stripped. The person mentioned gun sales go through the roof every time these events occur due to the conspiracy belief that the gub'ment gonna grab the guns. I believe OKC 1995 was a deep state event, however there's no doubt Mcveigh was obsessed and immersed in early-mid 90's southern gun circuit white militia conspiracy beliefs(ZOG, gun grabbing, etc)

CLK mentions a lot of the main gun events since VT Tech(again, something about that OKC/hitler birth time period) but while in the last couple years the psychos have been non right wing youth(Loughner, Holmes) for several years we must remember so much of the gun and violent events were by crazed Fox News watching nuts. Holocaust museum shooting, Pentagon shooting,
Austin TX IRS plane attack, Pittsburgh trap where 4 cops were killed by a right winger, Dr Till shooting, etc.

I do agree that the conspiracy isn't to "grab guns" but to FLOOD every nook and cranny with guns, ratchet up the rhetoric and create a tense atmosphere and climate to set everything off.
You look at popular video game series, and the third or fourth game usually moves away from exotic foreign fronts and brings the violence to the heartland of America(new Black Ops, new Assassins Creed, Modern Warfare 2, etc) In the 90's white nationalists talked of a "race war", but is America that far removed from the 1992 period or even 1968?
In leftist circles, we may have issues with Obama and some Democrats feeling they have betrayed progressive ideals. But in right wing world, they talk of guns and violent revolutions.

And we saw in Tuscon, your theory manifest wildly with not just a shooting in a Democratic district...but the near assassination of a popular Democrat.
That "Safeway" to hell, and all that's come soon. I hope Aurora isn't a harbinger, yet relatively speaking(other than Syria) it's been an eerily quiet 2012.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby CLK » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:55 pm

8bitagent wrote:CLK/Secret Sun, thanks for posting!

Someone a few pages back mused how the Alex Jones types view these events as "staged in order to take away gun rights". But gun rights are never stripped. The person mentioned gun sales go through the roof every time these events occur due to the conspiracy belief that the gub'ment gonna grab the guns. I believe OKC 1995 was a deep state event, however there's no doubt Mcveigh was obsessed and immersed in early-mid 90's southern gun circuit white militia conspiracy beliefs(ZOG, gun grabbing, etc)

CLK mentions a lot of the main gun events since VT Tech(again, something about that OKC/hitler birth time period) but while in the last couple years the psychos have been non right wing youth(Loughner, Holmes) for several years we must remember so much of the gun and violent events were by crazed Fox News watching nuts. Holocaust museum shooting, Pentagon shooting,
Austin TX IRS plane attack, Pittsburgh trap where 4 cops were killed by a right winger, Dr Till shooting, etc.

I do agree that the conspiracy isn't to "grab guns" but to FLOOD every nook and cranny with guns, ratchet up the rhetoric and create a tense atmosphere and climate to set everything off.
You look at popular video game series, and the third or fourth game usually moves away from exotic foreign fronts and brings the violence to the heartland of America(new Black Ops, new Assassins Creed, Modern Warfare 2, etc) In the 90's white nationalists talked of a "race war", but is America that far removed from the 1992 period or even 1968?
In leftist circles, we may have issues with Obama and some Democrats feeling they have betrayed progressive ideals. But in right wing world, they talk of guns and violent revolutions.

And we saw in Tuscon, your theory manifest wildly with not just a shooting in a Democratic district...but the near assassination of a popular Democrat.
That "Safeway" to hell, and all that's come soon. I hope Aurora isn't a harbinger, yet relatively speaking(other than Syria) it's been an eerily quiet 2012.

Thanks 8- I very much agree- in fact, I made a lot of the same points on my blog. Alex Jones is 1000% controlled by the extreme right fringe of the Republican Party, he doesn't even bother to hide it anymore. He's also one of the most disturbing pathological liars I've ever seen in the media.

But stop the presses- here's yet ANOTHER "random" shooting in yet another Democratic district. http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/woman-charged-random-grocery-store-shooting-3-men/nQ9q4/
CLK

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion