Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 am

Police: 14 dead in Colorado theater shooting.
Updated 04:33 a.m., Friday, July 20, 2012

AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Police Chief Dan Oates says 14 people are dead following a shooting at suburban Denver movie theater.

He says 50 others were injured when gunfire erupted around midnight Wednesday at the Aurora theater.

Oates says city police are checking the area for explosives.

14 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater, police say
Published July 20, 2012
FoxNews.com
URGENT: At least 14 people have been killed and up to 50 injured after a mass shooting at a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at a suburban Denver movie theater, police
Police have the shooting suspect in custody.
Earlier reports said there may have been a second shooter, but police believe only one shooter was involved, KDVR tells Fox News.
Police Chief Dan Oates says city police are checking the area for explosives.
Police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson says "the scene is still very active and we have little information for release at this time."
Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots.
"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.
Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: 14 dead 50 injured Aurora Colo - Batman Movie

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:55 am

OMFG. This just took the breath out of me. Checking it out now while crying.

OMFG.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:56 am

82_28 wrote:OMFG. This just took the breath out of me. Checking it out now while crying.

OMFG.

and I have family in Aurora
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:08 am

I just called my dad and woke him up about it. I feel bad for doing so. He lives in Denver.

Tears, I guess, for the fucking badass I am, streaming. This is beyond awful. No words. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:21 am

According to the teevee, shooter had gas mask and threw gas canisters. Throwing around terms of "lone wolf" and "not an Islamic extremist".

WTF!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?

According to teevee, people "couldn't tell whether it was the special effects".
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:25 am

Now we're talking about "soft targets" attacked by extremists.

Hoo boy. Here we go. . .
82_28

Postby wordspeak2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:40 am

The top story on Reddit right now is by someone who survived the attack:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... _midnight/
wordspeak2

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... 88547.html
This story is developing...

That just says it all.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby wordspeak2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 am

That Reddit thread went from top story to completely disappeared. I have no clue what to make of that.

Edit: There are currently three threads on this, front page of Reddit, including one by a guy who was wounded.
Last edited by wordspeak2 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wordspeak2

Postby undead » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:06 am

I'll bet he was on psychiatric drugs, and that the media try to blame it on smoking pot.

Edit to add:

Another likely possibility - bizarre and crazy social network page with right wing related material a la Jared Loughner / Columbine shooters.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby chump » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:11 am

I woke up to this horrible news.

14 (12) Dead, 50 Hurt In Mass Shooting Inside Aurora Movie Theater

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31 ... etail.html

The death count has just been lowered, but many are in critical condition. Witness's say the shooter walked in the back door of the theatre during a gunfire scene in the movie wearing a gas mask and body armor, firing up in the air before turning the weapon on the crowd with a long form weapons. Many thought it was a part of the show.

It is being reported that the lone, white male shooter has turned himself in bearing tear gas mask, a rifle and a pistol . Police have evacuated and are tentatively approaching the suspects apartment now. The shooter told police that he has incendiary devices in his car and home. Of course, there were two shooters reported, but police insist that there was just the one.

Graphic accounts are being reported. Baby was reportedly shot at point blank range in front of parents. Another pregnant woman shot in the face.
chump

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:17 am

Loren Coleman woke this morning, thinking someone was calling his name. He then checked the news and wrote up the following...

A commenter is pointing out that the one year anniversary is coming up in a few days of the Utoya attack in Norway.

Dark Knight Shooting: 12 Dead, 50 Injured
by Loren Coleman at 5:35

A 24-year-old suspect is in custody, Oates told reporters. "We don't have any evidence of a second gunman," he said.

One suspect was allegedly in custody, police said. He was arrested at the back of the theater, near a car (with Tennessee plates?), with a gas mark, a handgun, and rifle. He made statements that he had explosives at his apartment in north Aurora. A bomb squad was on site.

At the Twilight Language blog, yesterday, I indicated we should be alert to a possible violent incident occurring on July 20, 2012.

Andrew Griffin's excellent overview, "Midnight Massacre in Theatre No. 9," at the Red Dirt Report is also worthy of reading.

The name Aurora means "dawn." The Roman goddess of the dawn was named Aurora, and her siblings are Sol (Sun) and Luna (Moon). Aurora is an extremely popular name in Norway, being the 16th most used in 2006.

The memories of Columbine (20 miles away) are being recalled by the Colorado media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkyPYjuIo0w

+++
Personal note: Why am I up this early, as Willie Geist often asks, specifically reporting on this event? Well, I was startled from my sleep, at 4:27 am Eastern, on this morning of July 20th, by what sounded like someone calling my name; I literally thought there was a person in my bedroom. Then I checked the news and heard about the Aurora shooting. I have never had such a startling awakening. Yes, I am open to Forteana, but I do not consider myself involved in psychic phenomena, per se, so this was an unusual personal incident for me.

Posted by Loren Coleman at 5:35 AM 2 comments:

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2012/ ... oting.html

1 – 2 of 2

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you think there are any links to the Utoya terrorist attack in Norway? It occured almost exactly one year ago (two days from now). And this whole Aurora connection with Norway is also kind of creepy.

6:33 AM
Blogger aferrismoon said...

The dark Night rises at dawn.

Re: Norway connexion - sounds like the attacker was dressed as a policeman, not unlike Breivik at Utoya.

The tarot card 'Death' is the 14th card, while it corresponds to hebrew letter NVN 'noon' which enumerates to 50.

cheers

7:47 AM

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:28 am

Personal note: Why am I up this early, as Willie Geist often asks, specifically reporting on this event? Well, I was startled from my sleep, at 4:27 am Eastern, on this morning of July 20th, by what sounded like someone calling my name; I literally thought there was a person in my bedroom.

Same. Wild. That gave me goosebumps. 4:35 am I was sitting up spooked. Took me awhile to verify I had the house to myself. Went back to sleep.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:33 am

Yesterday morning, on my way to work, I tuned into one of those morning shows which I never do and they were talking about a ticket contest giveaway for DARK KNIGHT. They were calling them Dick Passes, as they were joking about the idea of someone getting pissed off from waiting in the line and the ticket winners would be cutting in front of them. They may have even quipped about the possibility of violence. I certainly thought about that idea when I heard this little radio back and forth.

Last night my wife and I were contemplating watching MIDNIGHT COWBOY streaming on NetFlix but it wasn't available but we were going through all the movies that had come up under the search term MIDNIGHT and one of them we stopped on was:

Midnight Movie

2008 NR1hr 19m

Some grind house aficionados become the unwitting stars of an old slasher flick when the film's crazed killer leaps off the screen to hunt them down, drag them back into the movie and kill them.

https://movies.netflix.com/movie/Midnig ... e/70111363

At first I thought the above was referencing a movie that was synchronistically made around the time of a low-budget movie that my friends and I produced back in the late 1980s:

Midnight Movie Massacre (1988) - IMDb

A Martian begins to attack the patrons and staff of a movie theater during the 1950's as a low budget science fiction film plays on the screen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095630/

Our movie was called THE INCREDIBLE MIDNIGHT MOVIE MASSACRE and we discovered the other similarly titled film only after we had completed ours.

Anyway, last night we didn't watch that "Midnight Movie" but ended up watching an episode of the MADMEN tv series.

EDIT: Meant to say BREAKING BAD. Not MADMEN.

Dark Knight Shooting: 12 Dead, 50 Injured
by Loren Coleman at 5:35

Andrew Griffin's excellent overview, "Midnight Massacre in Theatre No. 9," at the Red Dirt Report is also worthy of reading.

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2012/ ... oting.html

Last edited by elfismiles on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 am

James Cameron, who was in an adjacent theater, said he hear commotion and screaming. People seated around him began coughing and having difficulty breathing.
"By the sound of it, it sounds like there could have been three or four guys shooting," he said.

Audra Mincey, a spokeswoman for the Swedish Medical Center, told Fox News there are two patients in critical condition.
Mincey said the hospital set up its incident command center and mobilized personnel.
Earlier reports said there may have been a second shooter, but police believe only one shooter was involved, KDVR tells Fox News.

"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Next

Return to General Discussion