Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Postby justdrew » Sun May 12, 2013 11:24 pm

six people in that pic that very easily could have had themselves shot. It's the most mind bogglingly stupid thing I've ever heard of. ok, not quite but it's up there.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby chump » Sun May 12, 2013 11:41 pm

chump

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Mon May 13, 2013 5:15 am

elfismiles wrote:Iron Man 3 Publicity Stunt Remind Folks of Aurora Shooting

'Gunmen' Hired to Storm Movie Theater for Traumatizing Publicity Stunt
The promote its premiere of the new Iron Man movie, a theater in Jefferson City, Missouri, hired several people to dress in full tactical gear and storm the screening with fake weapons drawn.

Not surprisingly, some people were not too keen on the "publicity stunt."

"We're just getting into the car when I spotted a man in full assault gear, carrying what appeared to be a modified M-4 and 9 mm on his side," said John Molock, an army war vet who says the experience triggered his PTSD.

In addition to stoking the ire of theatergoers, the stunt also garnered poor reviews from the local police department which was forced to field several nervous 911 calls.

"We received a series of 911 calls stating that a man dressed in all black and body armor and a rifle was walking into Capital 8 Theaters," Capt. Doug Shoemaker told the local Fox affiliate.

"Everything was in place, it's the opening night of a superhero movie, it's somebody walking in all-dark clothes, everything pointed to bad things about to happen," Shoemaker added, referencing the Aurora movie theater shooting that took place last July. "There's really no good that can come of this."

But Capital 8 Theaters manager Bob Wilkins remains defiant, telling the ABC affiliate that he did not regret pulling the stunt, which he said was planned months in advance.

"My job is to entertain people," Wilkins said, claiming only "a few" patrons were upset.

Shoemaker noted that angry customers would have been the least of Wilkins' worries if someone with a concealed weapon would have mistaken the stunt for an active shooter event and acted in self-defense.

http://gawker.com/gunmen-hired-to-storm ... -499956436

BIG WEDDING also playing in same theater

What...the....who in their right mind would pull this? And then remain defiant and protective of their decision?
What if an offduty cop or someone with a conceal and carry permit shot one of them? My god this is so incredibly reckless.
What would even be the point of such a stunt?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby justdrew » Mon May 13, 2013 5:16 am

yes, this genius is "marketing" to people who've already bought a ticket :eeyaa

Of course now that the US version of The Office is ending, I think we may have just found the new David Brent.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby elfismiles » Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Aurora cinema shooting: Judge approves ‘truth serum’ interrogation
Published time: March 12, 2013 15:23
Edited time: May 13, 2013 14:15
http://rt.com/usa/cinema-shooting-insanity-guns-154/

Holmes enters insanity plea in Colo. theater massacre - USA Today (Video)
USA TODAY-by Trevor Hughes-5 hours ago
James Holmes, accused of killing a dozen people and wounding scores ... interviews from state doctors and may also be given truth serum.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... a/2154681/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby chump » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 pm

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... gn=twitter
For the first time, lawyers for James Holmes have admitted he killed 12 people and wounded dozens more at an Aurora movie theater last summer, but they say he was "in the throes of a psychotic episode" at the time.

The admission came in a motion filed Tuesday but made public Wednesday.

"[T]he evidence revealed thus far in the case supports the defense's position that Mr. Holmes suffers from a severe mental illness and was in the throes of a psychotic episode when he committed the acts that resulted in the tragic loss of life and injuries sustained by moviegoers on July 20, 2012," the lawyers argue in the motion...
chump

Postby elfismiles » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am

FBI: Man Arrested At Theater Had Armor, Gun, Fake CIA ID
August 1, 2013 6:26 AM

GRAND BLANC TWP. (WWJ/AP) - The FBI said a man arrested at a Michigan movie theater was wearing body armor and carrying a gun.

FBI spokesman Simon Shaykhet says police were called to the Trillium Theater in Grand Blanc Township near Flint on around 8:20 p.m. Tuesday after someone noticed the vest and gun.

Cassidy Delavergne was watching a movie when police approached him. According to investigators, Delavergne flashed a fake Central Intelligence Agency identification badge and told the officers that he was a federal agent.

Suspicious of his story, police arrested Delavergne and found he was wearing body armor and carrying a 9 mm pistol with 34 rounds of ammunition.

Federal agents arrived and searched Delavergne’s car, where they found an additional 111 rounds of ammunition. Shaykhet declined to say whether agents believe Delavergne planned to use his handgun.

A court filing says Delavergne told an agent he displayed the phony ID to minimize concerns about his gun.

Reporter Andrew Keller said right now, Delavergne has only been charged with having a CIA identification card.

“Right now, the FBI is not releasing anything about possible motives, but did say Delavergne claims he was wearing the body armor and carrying the gun because he just got off work and did not want to leave them in his car. The FBI also said he claimed to have a concealed weapons permit,” he said.

Delavergne remains in custody while police continue to investigate the situation.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/08/01/ ... ke-cia-id/
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Movie Theater Evacuated After Fake Bomb Threat Found On Toilet Paper
August 5, 2013 8:49 PM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/ ... mb-threat/
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Don't recall if this was previously posted...

9/17/2012
Colorado: Accused Dark Knight Killer Flashed by Traffic Cam
Short-yellow red light camera trap in Aurora, Colorado ensnares suspected mass murderer.

James Holmes, the man standing trial for a July 20 killing spree, had been flashed by a red light camera headed in the direction of the Aurora, Colorado movie theater just ten days before the attack. Holmes was taken into custody after twelve movie-goers were murdered and fifty-eight injured at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. Police responding to the murder scene impounded Holmes' white 2000 Hyundai Tiburon which was found in the Century 16 theater parking lot.

The same car was photographed at noon on July 10 turning left from East Mississippi Avenue onto South Abilene Street, headed north about a mile and a half from the theater. Holmes was in custody before the ticket was mailed, and it is not known whether he ever saw the tell-tale flash in his rear-view mirror.

As can be seen from the video of the violation taken by Xerox (formerly Affiliated Computer Services), Holmes was just a few feet from the crosswalk when the light changed from yellow to red and the camera flashed. The yellow warning signal lasted just 2.9 seconds -- below the federal minimum requirement established by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).

"MUTCD (Section 4D.10) provides guidance regarding the duration of yellow change interval," FHWA's 2009 issue brief on Engineering Countermeasures to Reduce Red-Light Running explained. "It indicates that the duration of the yellow change interval should be approximately 3 to 6 seconds, with longer intervals reserved for high-speed approaches. The MUTCD does not provide guidance regarding the calculation of clearance interval durations other than to provide ranges of acceptable values... Using a yellow change interval length less than 3 seconds may violate driver expectancy and result in frequent entry on red indications. If the interval is too short, rear-end crashes may result."

In Baltimore, Maryland, District Judge Keith E. Mathews argued the MUTCD standards must be followed for safety reasons. In a scathing report to then-Mayor (now Governor) Martin O'Malley, Mathews "highly recommended" the signal timing be corrected.

"Most alarming are instances when the inconsistent yellow light times have been less than the 3 second federal minimum," Judge Mathews wrote. "Nearly 10 percent of the 181 citations surveyed had a yellow light prior to the red light of 2.9 seconds. This is inconsistent with federal standards and presents a grave danger to Baltimore city drivers."

Internal company documents obtained from a 2001 trial in San Diego, California show the vendor now operating as Xerox-ACS deliberately targeted intersections with excessively short yellow signal timing for the installation of red light cameras (view documents).

View video of the violation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7K1pQdATS0

http://thenewspaper.com/news/38/3898.asp
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:53 pm

WOW - the measles meme has infected the Aurora Shootings...

Holmes Jury Candidate Released After Pulling Hair Out
February 3, 2015 12:50 PM

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (CBS4) – There was a bizarre scene on Tuesday morning in Arapahoe County Court as the jury selection continues in the Aurora theater shooting trial.

A woman answered her summonses with a child. She said the child is one of two children she babysits.

The woman told the court the child has not been immunized for measles and couldn’t go to day care.

She asked to be excused but was rescheduled for another day. That’s when she fell to knees, crying and pulling chunks of her hair out.

At that point she was released from jury.

She was one of 66 potential jurors who were released on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday’s incident came after two other prospective jurors previously showed up intoxicated. Another one was high and at least one person had to leave in an ambulance violently ill. Despite all the incidents, the jury selection process is moving more quickly than expected and individual questioning should begin next week.

James Holmes is charged with killing 12 people and injuring 70 more at a movie theater in Aurora in July 2012.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/02/03/h ... -hair-out/
elfismiles

Postby Nordic » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 am

So ... let me write that down ..... and file under "how to get out of jury duty"
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:06 am

Nordic » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:42 am wrote:So ... let me write that down ..... and file under "how to get out of jury duty"

Use somebody else's address. I have all my mail sent elsewhere. I also never check it and it always gets yanked out and I guess sent to where it came once the box fills up with a bunch of shit I don't care about.

However, this thread is hella long and I really wanted to read it all. But too long at this moment. I DO NOT think he acted alone and possibly didn't do it at all. I want to see the forensics. Gunshot residue etc. . .

Bear in mind also when this all happened it was when the sheriff was dethroned for "gay meth sex". Arapahoe County, yes indeedy.

There actually could be an even bigger conspiracy here!!

I'm not fucking around. There could actually be and it could be tied to the corrupt ass Arapahoe County head Sheriff. Too many tendrils of information to "compact". But the timing is somewhat interesting. Denver is a sprawling city of 3.5 M or something but in Arapahoe county shit don't happen in no vacuum. Not if you're taking passing notes.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 am

Apr 26, 10:55 AM EDT
'Batman' killer studied brain disorders before mass murder
By SADIE GURMAN / Associated Press
FILE - In this Jan. 20, 2015 courtroom file sketch, James Holmes, left, and defense attorney Tamara Brady are depicted, as they sit in court on the first day of jury selection in Holmes' trial, at the Arapahoe County Justice Center, in Centennial, Colo. Jan. 20, 2015. Holmes faces trial starting on April 27, 2015, in the mass shooting in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater that left 12 dead and 70 wounded. (AP Photo/Jeff Kandyba, file)

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) -- James Holmes was growing volatile well before he put on a gas mask and body armor, strapped on a rifle, shotgun, pistol and ammunition, and slipped into a midnight premiere of the Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises."

He was a sought-after neuroscientist-in-training, but he was falling apart. He told a classmate he wanted to kill people, prosecutors say. He fell out of favor with his professors, who suggested he find a new career. He stopped seeing his psychiatrist, then sent her text messages so threatening that she alerted University of Colorado campus police. He even mailed her his journal, in a package with burned $20 bills.

Months before Holmes opened fire on the audience on July 20, 2012, killing 12 and injuring 70 more in one of America's deadliest mass shootings, the 24-year-old doctoral student was preparing for violence.

He stockpiled weapons, ammunition, tear gas grenades and riot gear, and rigged his apartment to become a potentially lethal booby trap, cranking techno music in an apparent attempt to lure someone into opening his door. One neighbor who came to complain narrowly avoided a fiery explosion by walking away.

Many observers hope Holmes' death penalty trial beginning Monday will finally show what twisted a seemingly dedicated scholar into a sadistic killer. Prosecutors have suggested he was angry over his academic decline. But anyone looking for a trigger or tipping point with mass killers is usually disappointed, said J. Reid Meloy, a forensic psychiatrist at the University of California, San Diego.

"There's no such thing as someone snapping," said Meloy, who is not involved in the Holmes case. "What we know now is that even if a person is psychotic, they can still plan and methodically go about the preparations to carry out a mass murder."

Mass violence is usually premeditated, following a path that begins with a personal grievance and is complicated by narcissism and paranoia. But only 1 in 5 of these killers is psychotic, Meloy said.

Psychosis is something Holmes knew all about. Before the shooting, he was preparing to give a class presentation on "MicroRNA Biomarkers" that provide a biological basis for psychiatric and neurological disorders.

About the same time, he was amassing deadly firepower: Two Glock pistols. A shotgun. An AR-15 rifle. Boxes upon boxes of ammunition - 6,295 rounds in all.

Police who searched his apartment also found prescription medications for anxiety and depression, 50 cans and bottles of beer, paper shooting targets, and a "Batman" mask.

"He was absolutely out of his mind," said Denver defense attorney Iris Eytan, who initially represented Holmes but is no longer involved.

She compared Holmes to schizophrenics she has defended: They are erratic and irrational; they hallucinate.

"Look at his eyes, they're completely dilated," she said, referencing a mug shot showing Holmes with hair dyed comic-book orange.

"He was under the influence of something, and I believe it was mental illness," she said.

Prosecutors say the meticulous plotting shows Holmes was deliberate and calculated, and that evidence suggests he knew right from wrong. For example, Holmes searched online for "rational insanity," and took haunting selfies the night of the shooting, sticking out his tongue and smiling with a Glock under his face.

"He didn't care who he killed or how many he killed, because he wanted to kill all of them," Prosecutor Karen Pearson said.

After an emotionally wrenching trial lasting four months or more, the 12 final jurors, chosen from a pool of 9,000, will have to decide whether he was insane at the time.

If so, the 27-year-old inmate with a doughy face and vacant eyes who sits tethered to a courtroom floor will be committed indefinitely to a state psychiatric hospital.

If not, prosecutors will press for the death penalty over life in prison without parole.

Holmes' former psychiatrist and two court-appointed doctors who spent days interviewing him will likely be asked questions that could explain how a seemingly harmless college student without so much as a traffic ticket on his record could march up and down the aisles of a stadium-style theater, mercilessly shooting down those who tried to flee.

His mother apparently has no idea. He didn't do drugs or gamble or even stay out late, she says in a recently published book of poems and reflections.

"What the hell happened?" Arlene Holmes writes in one, titled "Home Videos."

"How can the kid who read about the Berenstain Bears and John Stewart's Earth and Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, how could he change?" she asks in another, "Jim's Room." "I leave his room untouched because I need the memories and tangible evidence that he was a good person."

"People think he is a monster, but he has a disease that changed his brain," she writes in another poem.

If Holmes' mother knows more about a mental illness, her book doesn't say. The family and their lawyers didn't respond to requests for comment.

Holmes was a shy teen who rarely started conversations but graduated with highest honors from the University of California, Riverside, and then applied for elite doctoral programs. In one essay, he wrote of mentoring a schizophrenic as a summer camp counselor. The boy "vacuumed the ceiling of our cabin. These kids were heavily medicated but this did not solve their problems, only create new ones. ... I wanted to help them but couldn't."

In another, Holmes hinted at how his own mind worked, writing that he was "fascinated by the complexities of a long lost thought seemingly arising out of nowhere into a stream of awareness. These fascinations likely stemmed from my interest in puzzles and paradoxes as an adolescent and continued through my curiosity in academic research."

He landed at the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus near Denver, one of just six students awarded entry into the exclusive doctoral program in June 2011. He also earned a National Institutes of Health grant for top performers. But by his second semester, his world was crumbling.

His professors sought to keep him out of their labs. He flunked a key oral exam on June 7, and withdrew from the university three days later. He saw his psychiatrist a final time, then pretty much fell out of sight, his former classmates said.

Outside his 800-square-foot apartment in the suburb of Aurora, neighbors recalled seeing him alone, sometimes drinking beers at a nearby bar.

From July 5 to July 18 - two days before the attack - he logged onto a dating website with the handle "classicjimbo." His profile said he was seeking "casual sex" and asked "Will you visit me in prison?"

When he showed up at the "Batman" movie dressed head to toe in protective gear, some theatergoers assumed he was part of the show.

Then, he tossed tear gas canisters into the crowd and started shooting.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 6-10-55-32
elfismiles

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:00 am

James Holmes Jury Foreman was friends with Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold and was at Columbine when the massacre happened(even introduced the two before they were friends)
and is a good friend of one of the Batman massacre victims
http://www.vocativ.com/news/215119/the- ... lmes-case/
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:38 am

8bitagent » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:00 am wrote:James Holmes Jury Foreman was friends with Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold and was at Columbine when the massacre happened(even introduced the two before they were friends)
and is a good friend of one of the Batman massacre victims
http://www.vocativ.com/news/215119/the- ... lmes-case/

I wonder if I knew of the juror then. I hung out/skated that area almost every day. I also worked at not the same store, the nearest location to the Blackjack pizza Harris and Kleblold worked though.

Also, my ex had a friend in the adjacent theater when the massacre went down.

But just to show you all again how close this all went down in a map:

Something was fucked up in the south end of Denver in the 90s. I left there in 1999. I could just detect something evil in the air.

Oh in case you missed my legend. A is theater massacre. B is ChuckECheese massacre and C is Columbine. Last I went to Denver my old high school was building throwing up some memorial out front for an attempted massacre but did kill a girl in the library. The dudes from South Park grew up right in the middle there too.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion