Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Aurora CO Theater Massacre

Postby justdrew » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
Elvis wrote:

Just a note---AR15 is not a fully automatic rifle. However, one can pull the trigger pretty fast, and I've emptied those long clips in a (semiauto) AR15 in just a few seconds.

!!!!!!

Thanks for learning me. I've only ever played with full models, didn't realize they were modified. I'm also even more baffled at the utility of gas cartridges in the AR-15 now! Engineers are a strange breed.

what gas cartridges? I think whatever reference to gas powered or whatever you saw is a reference to the fact the the exhaust gas from the rounds push the mechanism back to starting position and load the next round automatically. It's just an m16a2 without the three round burst option, isn't it? (the gun is capable of fully automatic firing if modified, but unless they've changed it again, even the m16s only will fire a 3 round burst. too many folks got worked up and fired off all their ammo at once with the old full auto setting.)

but 5.62mm rounds doesn't sound like what he was firing, from the wounds described. Maybe he had extra long grain or something, or maybe it's some kinda modified ar15 to use larger ammo?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Not referring to a reference anywhere, just the models I've played with. They were fully automatic weapons that used actual gas cartridges for compression and faster reciprocating action. I'm starting to assume they were modified so heavily I've actually never touched an AR-15.

I'm gonna be back on the ranch this weekend and I WANT ANSWERS.

Not that it's a very serious issue -- we're only talking about Wombat's own ignorance trying to get reconciled with the ledger sheets of published reality.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:44 pm

ah, well, I don't know anything about what's been done in recent decades, never even heard of using gas to power action on rifles. :partyhat
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Burnt Hill » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi lupercal, thanks for responding.
I dont know, I see a lot of holes in your take, doesnt mean you are wrong though.
Aldebarens theory is more specific, and scary- though (maybe not) less likely.
I doubt the "intel" workers were a threat to anyone.
Both sides of the gun rights issue can be argued, perhaps the control side a bit stronger.
The possibility and evidence of a young man "going off" and committing this atrocity seems stronger than
the other explanations presented, so far.
Though maybe thats the beauty of it.
Burnt Hill

Postby elfismiles » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:20 pm

MTV Star Claims Alleged Aurora Theater Shooter Called Him Prior To Massacre (Audio clips)
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/08/ ... -massacre/

Psychiatrist Called Threat Team About Aurora Shooting Suspect James Holmes (Video)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holmes-p ... d=16908862
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby lupercal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:Hi lupercal, thanks for responding.
I dont know, I see a lot of holes in your take, doesnt mean you are wrong though.

Can you specify which holes you see?

Burnt Hill wrote:The possibility and evidence of a young man "going off" and committing this atrocity seems stronger than

A "young man 'going off'" is a essentially the lone-nut theory which is a form of magical thinking. Holmes had no military training, no criminal record, no reason to shoot anyone at a batman movie and no recollection of having done so. The security apparatus on the other hand has a history of false-flag shootings spanning many decades including VTech, Columbine, OKC, and many other violent episodes blamed on terrorists, lone nuts, the IRA and assorted other enemies of the state. So why on earth would you think the patsy did the shooting?
lupercal

Postby barracuda » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 pm

lupercal wrote:So why on earth would you think the patsy did the shooting?

Because the police were on the scene within 90 seconds and apprehended Holmes within 5 minutes?

Because the guns which fired the bullets were found to have been purchased by Holmes?

Because he admitted to police that he'd crudely wired his apartment with explosives?

Because his attorneys are obviously going with an insanity defense?

Just a few reasons to think he did it. On earth.
barracuda

Postby lupercal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:35 am

^ Those are good reasons to think he's a patsy, which I'm not disputing, but not to think he did any shooting. Has he been positively identified by any witnesses? Have any clearly identifiable photos of Holmes in the theater, taken by cell-phone, security camera, or otherwise, been released? Has he confessed to knowledge of any details of the crime? Has he shown any medical evidence of having fired weapons? To my knowledge the answers are no, and I'd find any such evidence deeply suspect simply because patsies and shooters are usually different players, and Holmes like many other patsies shows a friendly willingness to please but nothing remotely sinister, despite the red hair, at least so far, though the narrative could change.
lupercal

Postby ninakat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:04 am

Burnt Hill wrote:Hi lupercal, thanks for responding.
Aldebarens theory is more specific, and scary- though (maybe not) less likely.
I doubt the "intel" workers were a threat to anyone.
Both sides of the gun rights issue can be argued, perhaps the control side a bit stronger.
The possibility and evidence of a young man "going off" and committing this atrocity seems stronger than

Exactly. Meaning, they set this up with a lot more detail this time and better pre-planning in order to really cover their tracks, so it's going to be hard to pin them down without being labeled a conspiracy theorist, since you'll barely have crumbs of anything and just tons of speculation. Beautiful and genious, even.

These new script writers they've got are really playing on a much more professional (militaristic, of course) level. Having created so many atrocities over the years, they've certainly had their practice. Now they've got the experience, the money, the power.... fuck, who'd want to lose any of The Ultimate Everything to a bunch of low-lifes (the 99.9%)? Keep the psy-ops games against humanity rolling into infinity. It's big business. It's the ultimate business.

Sorry, glass is half full tonight.... not much spare hopium sitting around to smoke...
ninakat

Postby barracuda » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 am

I know, I know, another case of the Illuminati Strike Force on the go.

What I can't figure out is why the media keeps claiming Holmes' kit cost him upwards of $20,000. It took me about ten minutes to put together the same rig for under $2500.

I wasn't even sale shopping, and no coupons either. Strictly prêt-à-porter.
barracuda

Postby jingofever » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:27 am

lupercal wrote:Considering that at least two of of twelve victims were military personnel involved in cyberspying and at least one was a Naval intelligence officer it's also possible that shooters were stopping to look for specific targets:

And the shooters were waiting for these three targets to serendipitously show up to the same Batman movie.
jingofever

Postby Freitag » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:15 am

jingofever wrote:
lupercal wrote:Considering that at least two of of twelve victims were military personnel involved in cyberspying and at least one was a Naval intelligence officer it's also possible that shooters were stopping to look for specific targets:

And the shooters were waiting for these three targets to serendipitously show up to the same Batman movie.

Stranger things have happened.

(Link is to Dave McGowan's article about the four cops gunned down in a coffee shop in Seattle. As I scanned it, this quote jumped out at me: Monfort’s capture was accompanied by the release of an array of evidence against him, including photographs of weapons and numerous crudely improvised explosive devices that allegedly were found in his apartment.)
Freitag

Postby jingofever » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:20 am

lupercal wrote:Several survivors in videos and print reports have recalled that shooters aimed at people, for example in this CNN account:

Thirteen-year-old Kaylan was Veronica's babysitter, and she was seated with the girl and Veronica's mother when the shooting began. "He just kept firing and then he would stop like he was reloading and he kept firing at anyone he saw," Kaylan told CNN's Poppy Harlow.

Kaylan watched as three people with her were shot -- Veronica, the girl's mother, Ashley Moser, and their pastor, Michael Walker.

The girl quoted in the article recalls a shooter, not shooters.
jingofever

Postby Nordic » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:35 am

Gee, Barracuda, now that you've gone and done all that googling, I have to wonder what sorta watch lists you might now find yourself on!

I'm sure you've thought of that, and I'm sure you don't care.

Still ..... it's kind of funny to think about.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby barracuda » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 am

Christ, dude - they actually sell these guns and silly peripherals by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, to private individuals all over the U.S. of A. every year. For example, last year 10,037,110 people in the US applied to buy a gun. Add to this the sales of illegal weapons, and you'll begin to understand why I'm not talking it very seriously. If you're really worried about shit like that, I've got a nice beachfront proxy server in Brooklyn you might be interested in purchasing.
barracuda

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion