Shooting at Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Shooting at Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin

Postby Mummy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:13 pm

from this place
http://whitefishbay.patch.com/articles/ ... e-shooting

As authorities searched a home in Cudahy Sunday evening believed to be the residence of the man who shot and killed six people at an Oak Creek Sikh temple, a woman whose son owns that home shed some light on the shooter.
The mother of the suspect’s landlord told Patch Sunday she believed the man had “just broken up with his girlfriend.”
“He’s a renter,” said the woman, whom Patch is not identifying. “He’s new actually. He rented a room with my son.”
The woman said she is “completely freaked out” and that she believes her son found the man as a renter for his home in the 3700 block of E. Holmes Avenue “through an ad.”
“He lived with my son for three weeks, then the house across the street became empty, and he moved there,” she said.
Her son owns both houses, so he remained the man’s landlord, she said.
She said that she doesn’t know much about the man, other than his first name, because she couldn’t reach her so because he was being interviewed by the police on Sunday night.
“He called to tell me he was being questioned and wouldn’t be able to talk,” she said.
“He was quiet. He worked second shift,” she said of the alleged shooter, who has not been named by authorities. “They (her son and the shooter) both worked a lot, so they never got to see each other.”
She said she remembered the man had just broken up with his girlfriend because “he mentioned that to my son. Then he wanted to move on his own. So he moved to the duplex across the street.”
Mummy

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Mummy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:13 pm

3700 block of East Holmes Avenue near Packard Avenue.
Last edited by Mummy on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mummy

Postby justdrew » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 pm

solace wrote:
a house on Holmes Avenue

Had to be Holmes Avenue, didn't it?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/05/w ... -shooting/

good lord, what are the odds? :wallhead:
now it seems he may have sought out a place on a Holmes ave perhaps? Wonder where he previously lived?

that's really mystifying. Despite the old timewavezero claims, it seems were actually running out of "novelty" and elements are getting reused more frequently than should be possible.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Mummy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Holmes and Packard is near the Blue Pig Bar in Cudahy
Lots of people grilling in their backyards in that part of the city.
Mummy

Postby Mummy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm

from :http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/witi-20110331-segregated-city,0,6920627.story

Mike Lowe
FOX6 Reporter
4:00 p.m. CDT, April 1, 2011

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE—
New census data shows Milwaukee is the most segregated city in America, and many are not surprised by this information. This new data has long been the perception, since the city is regularly ranks among the top segregated cities in America. The uncomfortable topic of race is now unavoidable after Milwaukee has been named the most segregated in America.

Milwaukee now has a new way to start tough conversations about race. According to the latest census data Milwaukee beat New York City, Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland for the dubious honor of being America's most segregated city.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett says the reason for this is rooted in the region's economic and political history. "We've got housing policies, zoning policies, steering that occurs in real estate industry. Historically that offers, and I think there are still some people who don't want to live with people who have different skin colors than theirs."

Stephanie Harling from Milwaukee predominately white neighborhood Bay View says, "Right now in Milwaukee, there are segregated areas of poverty, and unfortunately that translates to race in Milwaukee as well."
Mummy

Postby km artlu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:47 pm

An item in the Holmes cluster I've yet to see mention of -- Homs, in Syria.

During most of July, an hour spent with the BBC or NPR was almost certain to contain a mention of that homonym. Relentlessly.
km artlu

Postby Mummy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 pm

TWEETED PHOTOS OF THE STAKEOUT
for some reason his collection has a photo of the orange hair Holmes?from 13 days ago

http://ow.ly/i/PhjA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mummy

Postby Laodicean » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 pm

wordspeak2 wrote:Another one? Shit is getting wild...

Shit is fucked up and bullshit going on far too long.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby solace » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Sikh temple gunman had a 9/11 tattoo

More information is coming out about what led the FBI to declare Sunday’s Sikh temple shooting an act of domestic terrorism.

According to the Los Angeles Times, tattoos plus “certain biographical details” were the source of that conclusion. A representative of the Sikh congregation, Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, told CNN that “members described the attacker as a bald, white man, dressed in a white T-shirt and black pants and with a 9/11 tattoo on one arm.”

There has already been widespread speculation that the shooter may have intent on committing an anti-Islamic hate crime but confused Sikhs with Muslims because of their turbans. Kaleka pointed out that “maybe it’s because the ladies were fortunate enough to dodge it out, but so far most of the people I’ve heard have been shot and killed were all turbaned males.”

An unidentified federal official, however, told the Times that there was not yet enough evidence to conclude that the gunman was a member of a hate group or other group dedicated to violence. “The investigation will have to continue to see and determine the motive,” the official stated “We don’t know much about the motive at this point.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/05/s ... 11-tattoo/
solace

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:07 pm

No surprise, it's a militant neo Nazi.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08 ... -dead?lite

Officials told NBC News the suspect, who served in the U.S. Army, had many tattoos. The suspect had some kind of radical or white supremacist views but, as far as officials said they had heard, he was not in any kind of radical organization. His previous run-ins with law enforcement involved traffic offenses, they said.

Why has the Sikh community endured so much racial violence in America? I remember post 9/11 all kinds of horrible stuff happened to them(idiots thinking they're "dem Muzlem terruhists".
Sikh Indians are super chill people, as are most immigrants.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby elfismiles » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Just 'normal' communication - trying to confirm the first known occurrence of the use of locks on doors by perps.

wordspeak2 wrote:Elfismiles, you said you were talking to Loren Coleman? He seems like some interesting stuff about patterns and synchronicities in these massacres, the role of the media, the "copycat effect," he calls it. Interview he did recently on Red Ice Radio:
http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/20 ... 120801.php

What were you talking to him about? I notice he says he actually predicted the Aurora shooting.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby lupercal » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 am

km artlu wrote:An item in the Holmes cluster I've yet to see mention of -- Homs, in Syria.

During most of July, an hour spent with the BBC or NPR was almost certain to contain a mention of that homonym. Relentlessly.

Very good point. Evidently things aren't going so well for the FSA in Homs either, though it's hard to sift the ore from the propaganda, thus the Chinese link:

DAMASCUS, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- Syrian troops carried out a qualitative operation in central Homs province, leaving 40 armed insurgents killed and others injured, the pro-government Sham FM radio reported Friday, as incessant clashes and violence were reported elsewhere.

The operation has been conducted in al-Hamidieh district, the report said, adding that the troops are tracking down remnants of the armed groups.

The report disclosed no further details about the crackdown, but it came as part of the ongoing clashes across the country that has pushed special joint envoy for Syria Kofi Annan to resign.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world ... 759789.htm

It looks like NATO's rent-a-rebels have met their match and Assad is pushing them out of cities they supposedly held: Damascus, Homs, and if this keeps up Aleppo is next. The UN isn't letting any bogus "R2P" resolutions through either so this might be the fall of the Arab spring, so to speak. I expect more mayhem to distract as the situation gets worse.
lupercal

Postby 82_28 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:54 am

They're going to have to shut the Internet down soon. These bullshit rightwing, lunatic shootings aren't scaling for the effect they did in '79, '82 and '99 and so on. And I will say, they aren't just "rightwing", they're becoming increasingly incognito corporatist and the theme it seems is shit like this to go on in ever greater frequency.

They don't like it that there are still pockets of humanity still getting along. Humanity must be destroyed and all detectors of irony must be put to death. Fascism is serious. Once they get serious we'll all see it for ourselves.

Keep in mind, they're all idiots. They know not what they do, but they're too clever by half. Nobody wins. They just follow orders and hate. There is no way to put your mind around this kind of shit as a simple being that just wants to fucking exist in peace.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby crikkett » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:34 am

justdrew wrote:alright, everyone needs to report to their local psychological assessment center,

Everybody has to go to the DMV.
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby crikkett » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:41 am

justdrew wrote:Despite the old timewavezero claims, it seems were actually running out of "novelty" and elements are getting reused more frequently than should be possible.

That in itself is a novelty.
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion