Jimmy Savile: I'd like to comment but I can't...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Jimmy Savile: I'd like to comment but I can't...

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:19 pm

Does Mike Vreeland count? :clown
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby RocketMan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:01 am

It's interesting that the claims are being made by someone being investigated himself for child abuse/murder.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... ey-proctor

A former Conservative MP who is under investigation for child murder has accused the Metropolitan police of attempting to kill off the Westminster paedophile inquiry to protect the careers of senior officers.

Harvey Proctor made the claim after the Met’s Operation Midland – which is investigating claims that establishment figures murdered and raped boys – dropped claims of child abuse against the war hero Lord Bramall.

Steve Rodhouse, deputy chief constable of the Met, who is in charge of Operation Midland, has written to Proctor’s solicitors to say that detectives are assessing new information which could be relevant to their inquiry.

The former MP for Billericay, who denies the claims against him, said Rodhouse’s latest claim was part of a plan to kill off Operation Midland by degrees.

“This is all part of the media management of the Met as they plan how to wave the white flag over this inquiry in a way that does senior officers the least amount of damage,” he said.

The Met has faced calls to apologise to Bramall, the 92-year-old veteran of the D-Day landings, after it announced on Friday there was “insufficient evidence” to proceed against him over allegations of historical child sex abuse.

Proctor disclosed in August that Operation Midland was investigating claims that he was part of a child abuse ring along with the late prime minister Edward Heath, the late home secretary Leon Brittan and former heads of MI5 and MI6.

Bramall and Proctor have called for the single complainant responsible for the inquiry, known only as “Nick”, to be investigated for wasting police time.

Nick claimed that Proctor stabbed one boy to death, assaulted another and helped organise the death of a third boy who was subsequently run over by a car. He said he was raped and indecently assaulted by Bramall between 1976 and 1984 at a military base in the West Country.

Rodhouse’s email to Proctor’s solicitors was sent within an hour of the Met’s announcement that Bramall would no longer be prosecuted.

After stating that “a 92-year-old from Hampshire” would not be further investigated as part of Operation Midland, Rodhouse wrote that officers had not yet asked prosecutors to consider the case against Proctor.

“Investigating officers are continuing to carry out inquiries in respect to Mr Proctor. They are not yet in a position to apply the ‘full code test’ in respect to the allegations made against him,” he wrote.

“Since Mr Proctor was interviewed on 24 August, additional information has been received by the MPS. Officers are currently carrying out inquiries to understand the significance of the further information. This will be done as expeditiously as possible.”

Nick’s claims were initially described by Scotland Yard as “credible and true”. The Met has since withdrawn the word “true”.

Scotland Yard spent nearly £5m last year on three separate investigations into allegations of historical child sexual abuse by celebrities and politicians.

Proctor is thought to be the last living suspect to be under investigation by Operation Midland.

It is not known whether police are still investigating Nick’s claims against several notable figures who are dead including Heath, Brittan, Lord Janner, the former director-general of MI5 Sir Michael Hanley and the former director of MI6 Sir Maurice Oldfield.

The London mayor, Boris Johnson, wrote on Monday that while much of the ensuing criticism of the police had been misplaced, Bramall now deserved a proper apology for his treatment.

Writing in his weekly column in the Daily Telegraph, Johnson said: “It is pretty clear that Field Marshal Lord Bramall is owed a full and heartfelt apology.”

Friends of Nick have claimed that he stands by his allegations.

The Met has said that it does not comment on ongoing inquiries.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby RocketMan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:04 am

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live ... ve-updates

“Serious failings” at the BBC allowed Jimmy Savile to sexually abuse 72 women and children without detection for decades, according to a damning report published on Thursday which insisted that the corporation still had lessons to learn, write Jane Martinson and Jamie Grierson.

Dame Janet Smith, who started the independent inquiry in October 2012, found that although the criminal behaviour was largely the fault of the perpetrators, the BBC could have stopped it but failed to do so.

A “macho culture” of sexism and sexual harrassment and an “atmosphere of fear” led many employees to keep quiet about concerns, she wrote. She found BBC staff “more worried about reputation than the safety of children”.

The report, which 372,400 words, made for “sorry reading” for the BBC said Smith, a former Court of Appeal judge.

Smith also urged the BBC to examine its culture today, particularly when it came to the continued fear of speaking out and its attitudes towards “the Talent”, or on-screen presenters.

In conclusion, Smith writes: “The delivery of these reports presents an opportunity for the BBC to take steps to ensure that history cannot repeat itself.”

However, the report ultimately concludes that there is no evidence that the BBC as a corporate body was aware of Savile’s conduct and therefore can not be convicted of any offence.

In a conclusion which may disappoint campaigners for victims, Smith’s “overarching recommendation” was that the BBC should carry out a further review and subsequent audit of its current management.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby jakell » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:23 am

and again, Saville (et al) pops up just at the right time to distract from an element of the large scale organised abuse that doesn't involve celebrities.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby Rory » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:54 pm

jakell » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:23 am wrote:and again, Saville (et al) pops up just at the right time to distract from an element of the large scale organised abuse that doesn't involve celebrities.

Outrage! Brown, Muslim men abusing the white girls that white English people had abandoned to the predominantly white ran care/abuse system.

What are you mad at, Jakel - that the other, muscled in on the abuse game? It was fine when practically every care home in the UK was harvested by a nationally linked group of abusers (protected at every stage of investigation) - but when the browns started abusing our precious white girls, then it became a scandal worth covering up by rehashing old Saville news?

Maybe you can explain further
Rory

Postby jakell » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Rory » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:54 pm wrote:
jakell » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:23 am wrote:and again, Saville (et al) pops up just at the right time to distract from an element of the large scale organised abuse that doesn't involve celebrities.

Outrage! Brown, Muslim men abusing the white girls that white English people had abandoned to the predominantly white ran care/abuse system.

What are you mad at, Jakel - that the other, muscled in on the abuse game? It was fine when practically every care home in the UK was harvested by a nationally linked group of abusers (protected at every stage of investigation) - but when the browns started abusing our precious white girls, then it became a scandal worth covering up by rehashing old Saville news?

Maybe you can explain further

There is no particular outrage, that's sort of the point. Neither am I mad at anything.
Rather than the race (why race?) angle you choose here, it could be said to be about class.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby Rory » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Why class? That seems a strange fixation when power asymmetries are the common theme.
Rory

Postby jakell » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Rory » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:21 pm wrote:Why class? That seems a strange fixation when power asymmetries are the common theme.

Not sure what you mean by 'power asymmetries ', these are always present for abuse to happen, it's a given and hardly stands out in this respect.

By class, I was comparing the abusers, with Saville (et al) at one end of the spectrum, and the other folks at the other. Saville et al being the easier one to talk about regardless of the extent of the crimes.
jakell

Postby zangtang » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:56 pm

If they are brown and muslim its because they are from Pakistan. Overwhelmingly, in this case, & there will be others, & so were their clients, some, many or most of them.

feel free to shame yourselves by sniffing the knickers.....the ROTHERAM POLICE FORCE has quite obviously been in the UNDERAGE PROSTITUTION BUSINESS FOR DECADES.
zangtang

Postby jakell » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:56 pm

zangtang » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:56 pm wrote:If they are brown and muslim its because they are from Pakistan. Overwhelmingly, in this case, & there will be others, & so were their clients, some, many or most of them.

feel free to shame yourselves by sniffing the knickers.....the ROTHERAM POLICE FORCE has quite obviously been in the UNDERAGE PROSTITUTION BUSINESS FOR DECADES.

Because people have trouble talking about or even thinking about race, it can be regarded as not central, but a side-issue. Political correctness has worked upon police and social work to the extent that pursuing cases involving certain groups is far more difficult (on top of the already present difficulties). It only becomes a matter of time before perpetrators become aware of this, or even believe they some sort of personal immunity.
jakell

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Is there an asymmetry between the judicious judicial treatment of Ke$ha's alleged rapist and Ghomeshi?

Rotherham could have been a psy-op for all we know but it's believable enough. Certainly on the same institutional spectrum as Savile.
tapitsbo

Postby guruilla » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:22 am

awful jammy website & I advise you not to go there but Guardian link is good:
'Competitive' Culture Cited as Benign Reason Why BBC Let Jimmy Savile Rape Dozens of Children

The BBC has 'lessons to learn' after a report found that it did nothing to stop Jimmy Savile from raping dozens of children. Understatement of the millennium?

Sorry?

For scientific purposes, we are going to quote sections of the Guardian's write-up about the recent "report" chronicling Jimmy Savile's decades of rape. See if you can spot the part where the BBC was helpless to stop decades of rape from occurring on its premises:

[Dame Janet Smith, who started the independent inquiry] concluded that “an atmosphere of fear still exists today in the BBC possibly because obtaining work in the BBC is highly competitive and many people no longer have the security on an employment contract”.

It was incumbent on the BBC to examine its culture today, Smith added, particularly when it came to the continued fear of speaking out and its attitudes towards “the talent”, or on-air stars.

In total, Savile sexually assaulted 57 females and 15 boys from the late 1950s to the middle of the last decade. Three incidents of rape and attempted rape took place on BBC premises, Smith said, and the youngest victim to whom Smith spoke was eight years old at the time of the offence.

See? All that child rape was more or less unavoidable. It's a "highly competitive" workplace. What kind of crazy person would report child rape? They could lose their precious BBC job.

Regarding abuse by stars and others at the BBC, Smith concluded that the criminal behaviour was largely the fault of the perpetrators, the broadcaster could have stopped it but failed to do so.

However, the report ultimately concludes that there is no evidence that the BBC as a corporate body was aware of Savile’s conduct and therefore cannot be convicted of any offence.

Right. Which explains this:

Several “wake up calls” should have alerted BBC management to Savile’s behaviour as early as 1969 but did not.

Ultimately, the report found that the "culture within the BBC ... made it difficult to complain or to 'rock the boat'".

The BBC. It's a highly competitive place where no one wants to rock the boat. Ergo, child rape. There were "several wake up calls" but that certainly doesn't mean that the BBC was capable of doing anything to prevent dozens of children being raped in their offices.

The author of the report insists that this isn't a "whitewash."

No comment.
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/b ... en/ri13054
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:33 am

Color of a criminal's skin is looked at to set us apart, Jakell, to divide us and our attention away from the white skinned rapist to the brown skinned rapist. They are all men, Jakell, regardless their skin coloring, acting with heinous disregard of a woman's humanity and right to self determination. Men are the commonality and men are the criminal rapists.
Iamwhomiam

Postby jakell » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:19 am

Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:33 am wrote:Color of a criminal's skin is looked at to set us apart, Jakell, to divide us and our attention away from the white skinned rapist to the brown skinned rapist. They are all men, Jakell, regardless their skin coloring, acting with heinous disregard of a woman's humanity and right to self determination. Men are the commonality and men are the criminal rapists.

All correct, so why do people on here keep focussing on race regardless of my suggestions about sidelining it?
jakell

Postby Fixx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:27 am

Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:33 am wrote:Color of a criminal's skin is looked at to set us apart, Jakell, to divide us and our attention away from the white skinned rapist to the brown skinned rapist. They are all men, Jakell, regardless their skin coloring, acting with heinous disregard of a woman's humanity and right to self determination. Men are the commonality and men are the criminal rapists.

And the two women sentenced during the same trial? Both convicted of unlawful imprisonment and conspiracy to procure a women under 21 to become a common prostitute. One was also convicted of two counts of conspiracy to rape.
Fixx

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion