Jimmy Savile: I'd like to comment but I can't...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Jimmy Savile: I'd like to comment but I can't...

Postby semper occultus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:28 am

AhabsOtherLeg » 05 Sep 2014 23:35 wrote:Keys, keys keys.

Jimmy Savile had the keys to Broadmoor and other hospitals.

Cyril Smith had the keys to Knowle View and other boys' schools.

The Loyalist terrorist (and probable MI5 asset) William McGrath had the keys to Kincora Boys' Home - because he ran it.

And if you recall, there was a mention of keys being in the possession of the wrong people by Bulic Forsythe shortly before his death too:

What do keys mean?

They mean you own the place.

semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:08 am

Paedophiles who download images 'won't all be charged'
20 October 2014 BBC News

Some paedophiles with images of child abuse will escape prosecution, the head of the National Crime Agency says.
Keith Bristow said the NCA would have to focus on pursuing those who posed most risk but that others would face a "range of interventions".
Some 660 arrests were made during a recent operation targeting people who had accessed child abuse images online.
However, the BBC understands that as many as 20,000-30,000 individuals were identified during that investigation....

...Society would have to have "deeply uncomfortable conversations" about the scale of child abuse and how to respond to it, Mr Bristow added. [emphasis mine]

here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29692685
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:40 pm

Abuse inquiry: Fiona Woolf steps down as chairwoman
31 October 2014 BBc News
Fiona Woolf is to step down as the head of an inquiry into historic child sex abuse, she has told the BBC.
cont- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29855265

Another one bites the dust
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby semper occultus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:09 am

A British antiques expert who restored items for royalty was a child abuser involved in a notorious paedophile campaign group, the BBC can reveal.

Keith Harding was active in the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE), according to documents seen by the BBC.

A former chairman of the British Horological Institute, he appeared alongside Jimmy Savile in a Christmas edition of the BBC's Jim'll Fix It.

Harding, who died in June, had been convicted of sex offences in the 1950s.

A man who appeared on the Christmas 1980 episode as a boy has told BBC News the feature was "set up" by the production team, who approached the family and asked for a letter to Savile to be written.

It has not been possible to establish the precise motive for Harding's appearance on the show.

Richard Scorer, from the legal firm Slater & Gordon, which is representing nearly 200 alleged victims of Savile, described the Jim'll Fix It revelation as "extremely troubling".

"It is precisely the sort of allegation that the government child abuse inquiry needs to investigate in detail," he said.

Met political figures
Child protection campaigners have called for the official inquiry into historical abuse to examine the extent of Harding's business and political links.

He was convicted of indecent assault against four children aged eight and nine in the late 1950s and was a "schedule 1" offender - meaning his convictions remained on his police file for life.

But he was later given the Freedom of the City of London and became a member of the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers, meeting business and political figures at the height of his career.

The clockmaker and music box expert ran a museum regularly visited by children, despite social services being aware 20 years ago of his convictions for child abuse.

Harding, an expert on music boxes and clocks, was filmed in 1980 repairing a young girl's music box

Harding's involvement with PIE, which campaigned for the age of consent to be reduced to four, has never previously come to light.

BBC News has seen confidential social services reports from 1995 which confirm Harding's "PIE involvement".

One of his former employees said the clockmaker had described his role for the group as "membership secretary".

Chaperoned
Social services documents described his convictions as a "real cause for concern" and warned that children should not be left unsupervised with him.

In December 1980, the BBC's Jim'll Fix It filmed Harding at his workshop in Islington, north London, where he fixed a music box belonging to a 13-year-old girl whose letter was shown on screen requesting the repair.

She then appeared with her younger brother in the studio alongside Harding and Savile.

The girl's brother Dean, now in his 40s, has told BBC News the feature was "set up" by the production team who instigated the item by approaching the family.

He said: "She was asked to write that letter. The way it came about was that my uncle was asked by his then girlfriend, who was a researcher at the BBC, if anybody in the family had a musical box.

"Obviously the letter must have been done after the facts."

Savile was one of Britain's most prolific sex abusers and is thought to have assaulted hundreds of people between the ages of five and 75.

Dean says he and his sister were chaperoned by a relative throughout their time on the programme and nothing untoward took place.

But he described later learning about both Savile and Harding as "very hurtful", adding: "It takes away your childhood."

It is unclear what motivated Harding's appearance and who at the programme instigated it.

Two sources who worked on Jim'll Fix It at the time said they did not recall the events leading up to Harding's appearance and denied knowing such "set-ups" of guests ever took place.

The BBC said it could not give a "commentary" on the case as it was 34 years ago but pointed to the current inquiry being carried out into Savile's activities at the corporation.

Museum tours
In 1987, Harding moved to Gloucestershire where social services were aware nearly 20 years ago of his criminal convictions.

Gloucestershire County Council declined to comment on the fact that he continued to run a music box museum in Northleach, which was regularly visited by children, until his death aged 82 in June.

A spokesman for the museum said children were always accompanied by adults.

Harding also featured on the children's television programme All Over The Place, which visited his museum in 2012. No children appeared with him.

PIE disbanded in 1984 and a number of its known members have since been convicted of child abuse offences.

Speaking to social workers in the 1990s, Harding denied membership of the group and said he acted as a "counsellor" to its members.

But a document held by police in the mid-1980s listed Keith Harding as PIE member number 329 next to his north London address.

The Metropolitan Police's Operation Fairbank, which is investigating allegations of historical abuse, is understood to be aware of Harding's background.

In a statement, the BBC said: "Today's BBC has appropriate safeguards in place to protect children and young people.

"Dame Janet Smith is making an impartial and independent investigation into the historical culture and practices of the BBC, which will identify lessons to be learned from the Savile period."

The Corporation of London said Harding's vetting for the Freedom of the City was carried out by his livery company.

About 1,800 people receive the honour each year.

The Worshipful Company of Clockmakers said Keith Harding did not disclose his offences and was "never involved in the running of the company".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30051756
semper occultus

Postby RocketMan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:14 am

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... abuse-ring

The security services are facing questions over the cover-up of a Westminster paedophile ring as it emerged that files relating to official requests for media blackouts in the early 1980s were destroyed.

Two newspaper executives have told the Observer that their publications were issued with D-notices – warnings not to publish intelligence that might damage national security – when they sought to report on allegations of a powerful group of men engaging in child sex abuse in 1984. One executive said he had been accosted in his office by 15 uniformed and two non-uniformed police over a dossier on Westminster paedophiles passed to him by the former Labour cabinet minister Barbara Castle.

The other said that his newspaper had received a D-notice when a reporter sought to write about a police investigation into Elm Guest House, in southwest London, where a group of high-profile paedophiles was said to have operated and may have killed a child. Now it has emerged that these claims are impossible to verify or discount because the D-notice archives for that period “are not complete”.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby gnosticheresy_2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:19 am

Just the simple fact that all BBC employees were vetted by MI5 in the 70s and 80s would be enough to incriminate the security services. Doubtful this will go anywhere though, it's too explosive, even for these investigations.
gnosticheresy_2

Postby zangtang » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:40 am

no further than a couple of sacrificial lambs, possibly by way of suiciding, as a 'limited hangout'................

but it has to be THIS time - i dont see us ever getting up another head of steam this big.
zangtang

Postby Project Willow » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:33 am

I'm astonished that Guardian piece was published at all.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby zangtang » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:31 pm

when i get my shit together and my ducks in a row, I'm going to tell people how you can take over a country by runningprotecting/extorting a network of kiddiefuckers...until
your govt. or parliament and cabinet is stuffed with them....all industriously protecting each other whilst being played like marionettes.

Not saying thats whats happening........
just looks a bit like it, is all..................
zangtang

Postby semper occultus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:08 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-30388456

A note proving Jimmy Savile visited a children's home in Jersey in the 1970s has been shown to an abuse inquiry.

Patrick Sadd, counsel to the Independent Jersey Care Inquiry (IJCI), said Savile had previously denied being in Jersey in the 1970s.

Allan Collins, representing victims of abuse, said a number of his clients accused the former DJ of abuse.

Mr Sadd said Savile had signed the letter, giving details of a fun run, proving he was there at the time.

States of Jersey Police also confirmed he was investigated during an inquiry into abuse at former children's home Haut de la Garenne in the 1970s.

The police said there was insufficient evidence for the investigation into Savile, which was part of a three-year inquiry into abuse at Haut de la Garenne, to proceed.

The note, dated 19 April 1976 and signed by Savile, describes him doing a fun run with a teenage girl from Haut de la Garenne and the money raised.

Savile, who was a Radio 1 DJ and the presenter of Top of the Pops and the Jim'll Fix It show on BBC One, was a regular visitor to Jersey and was Mr Battle of Flowers three times, the last time in 2002.

He was one of Britain's most prolific sex abusers and is thought to have assaulted hundreds of people between the ages of five and 75.

He died in 2011 aged 84, and was never charged with any abuse offences.

The inquiry continues.
semper occultus

Postby semper occultus » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Operation Midland

Operation Midland is the Metropolitan Police investigation into allegations that up to three children were murdered by members of the alleged Westminster paedophile-ring. Which included Savile and Smith.

Following the failure of North Yorkshire Police to respond to our email, we emailed our contact in the Metropolitan Police and asked him to arrange for Operation Midland to get in touch. Officers from Operation Midland responded immediately. A classic example of a prompt and professional response to a potential source of intelligence. If only North Yorkshire Police were that interested.

As a result, the NYE team were able to pass on information relating to reports concerning the loss of a girl’s life at a location in Whitby in the late 1970s. Earlier this year, a Police search was made in Whitby for a body, with negative results. Rumours nevertheless persist in Whitby, that ‘satanic rituals’ used to go on at those premises in the 1970s, attended occasionally by Savile and Jaconelli.

Other information was also passed on which we are not releasing for operational and humanitarian reasons.

http://nyenquirer.uk/jeremy-cyril-jimmy-ray-peter-alarming-similarities/
semper occultus

Postby jcivil » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:30 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-30350191

Not a specific Savile tale, yet it seems of a piece...

I only post it for the singular sick quote, which I think points to the scope of the problem and the culture of abuse:

"I have a boy for you, sir."

Filth protected by the filth.
Stand Firm!
jcivil

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Operation Hibiscus: The Truth(?), But Not The WHOLE Truth
Tim Hicks December 18, 2014 North Yorkshire Police, Scarborough Borough Council
http://nyenquirer.uk/operation-hibiscus ... ole-truth/

semper occultus » 14 Dec 2014 21:25 wrote:Operation Midland

Operation Midland is the Metropolitan Police investigation into allegations that up to three children were murdered by members of the alleged Westminster paedophile-ring. Which included Savile and Smith.

Following the failure of North Yorkshire Police to respond to our email, we emailed our contact in the Metropolitan Police and asked him to arrange for Operation Midland to get in touch. Officers from Operation Midland responded immediately. A classic example of a prompt and professional response to a potential source of intelligence. If only North Yorkshire Police were that interested.

As a result, the NYE team were able to pass on information relating to reports concerning the loss of a girl’s life at a location in Whitby in the late 1970s. Earlier this year, a Police search was made in Whitby for a body, with negative results. Rumours nevertheless persist in Whitby, that ‘satanic rituals’ used to go on at those premises in the 1970s, attended occasionally by Savile and Jaconelli.

Other information was also passed on which we are not releasing for operational and humanitarian reasons.

http://nyenquirer.uk/jeremy-cyril-jimmy-ray-peter-alarming-similarities/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby semper occultus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:12 pm

thanks Elfi...this story is so far getting absolutely minimal to non-existent national press attention compared to the lurid London MP related stuff....I know London based media don;t like going much north of Watford but still... :?

..interesting pic of Savile at the Liberal party conference in their previous article which immediately puts me in mind of the Gilberthorpe / Tory conferences stuff

semper occultus

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:11 am

From Vice now:

UK Police Investigating Five Alleged Pedophile Rings Involving 'Highly Influential' Politicians

UK police are investigating whether as many as five pedophile rings operated in the highest reaches of the British political establishment, with the involvement of "highly influential" politicians.

A dossier of evidence, compiled by a Labor member of parliament (MP) and handed to police, lists 22 politicians — including three serving MPs and three current members of parliament's upper chamber, the House of Lords — alleged to have participated in the networks.

The claims are the latest in a slew of historical sex abuse allegations to have been unearthed in Britain in recent years, with few areas of public life spared as celebrities, institutions and authorities all come in for official investigation. But it is only recently that the political world has attracted serious attention.

In this case, John Mann, MP for Bassetlaw in the Midlands, compiled the dossier from evidence provided by members of the public over the course of several months. He handed it to detectives from Operation Trinity, the London Metropolitan Police's investigation into alleged abuse in children's homes.

Mann told the Telegraph that alleged child abuse networks at the center of British government in the 1970s and 80s were far more complicated than he had previously realized.

Thirteen former ministers are also on the list, Mann said.

Out of the five rings which involved MPs, he said that each ring "involved at least one MP, some involved more, and these were groups of people who knew about the activities of one another."

UK Police Investigating Alleged Murders in Government Child Abuse Scandal. Read more here.

"In some cases I believe they committed abuse together," he said.

The list included fourteen Conservative politicians, five Labor and three from other parties.

Under parliamentary privilege laws Mann could name the accused in the House of Commons without fear of legal reprisals; however, he has said he will not do so because he believes they should be properly investigated by police.

"What the police are doing now is what should have taken place a long time ago," he said.

He added that it would be "inconceivable" that the police would not be interviewing some of the individuals about the allegations.

"Some of the evidence is incredibly strong," he said.

"I would be quite certain there are other names I am not aware of."

The evidence against "approximately half" of them was "very compelling," he added.

UK debates approach to child sex abuse prevention as pedophile outs himself on TV. Read more here.

UK police are currently running several consecutive investigations into historic child abuse allegations. Mann said he was concerned that police could be missing vital evidence because of a lack of communication between individual inquiries.

"My concern is that there are so many different police investigations into this, in London and in other parts of the country," said the MP.

"They are not all talking to one another.

"Operation Trinity was not aware of quite a lot of the names that I know Operation Midland is looking at."

Operation Midland is an investigation into historic alleged pedophile parties at Dolphin Square — an exclusive block of flats in Pimlico, central London, close to the parliament.

The investigation has been sparked by a whistleblower, known only as Nick, who has made a number of claims about a pedophile ring involving senior politicians and public figures in the 1970s and 80s.

Nick told police he was molested from the age of seven to 16. He said he saw a Conservative MP strangle a 12-year-old boy at a London orgy around 1980 and that a Conservative cabinet minister watched two men kill a boy in a sexual assault a year later.

Last week London police confirmed they were investigating allegations that a pedophile ring killed three boys and appealed for public information relating to the probe.

They said they were looking into allegations of serious, organized sexual abuse after Nick said he and several other boys were driven to properties in London and the Home Counties where they were raped, cut and beaten.

Follow Ben Bryant on Twitter: @benbryant
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion