Jimmy Savile: I'd like to comment but I can't...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Jimmy Savile: I'd like to comment but I can't...

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:18 am

The Met have decided to call the investigation into all of this Operation Yewtree.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby coffin_dodger » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 am

I've become mildly obsessed with the implications of Savile, spending the last two weeks asking anyone I come into contact with what they thought of him before all this came out.

The answers have been unsurprising and uniform. From outright dislike and even disgust down to 'there was something terribly wrong about him but I couldn't put my finger on it exactly'.

Now I'm thinking about the socio-economic group in which I exist. I don't know anyone rich, powerful or famous.

From the evidence emerging during this case, it's obvious that he was acceptable - nay, even a bloody good choice of friend or ally - to a majority of those in power. In fact, the greater the power of the individual, the more honours were bestowed upon him. He was 'one of them' in the truest sense. An 'insider'.

The ramifications of this, should the non-powerful, non-status general public begin to ponder them in depth, are enormous.

However, the few of my friends with which I have explored these ramifications have shied away from the logical conclusions. They simply cannot allow themselves to believe that 'pillars' of 'our' society such as Prince Charles, Margaret Thatcher, The Pope (lol, the POPE) to name but a tiny few, would be either 1) complicit with, or 2) perhaps (less conspiratorially, but as worryingly), more widely unconcerned with Savile's sustained lifetime of horror. It's too much for them to take in. But the seed is planted.

Interesting times indeed. What happens to the structure of our society if everything we know here at RI becomes important... to all the 'outsiders'? Isn't that what we all ultimately strive for, by posting here? Is the conspiracy establishment about to crush the society in which it resides? Then what?

As Jeff noted earlier - 'thunk thought can't be unthunk'. As a society, we appear to be on the cusp of very unsavoury thoughts indeed entering the collective think-tank.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby smoking since 1879 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:04 am

where did my post go ?
... on edit ... my bad, wrong thread :hrumph
"Now that the assertive, the self-aggrandising, the arrogant and the self-opinionated have allowed their obnoxious foolishness to beggar us all I see no reason in listening to their drivelling nonsense any more." Stanilic
smoking since 1879

Postby brainpanhandler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 am

coffin_dodger wrote:What happens to the structure of our society if everything we know here at RI becomes important... to all the 'outsiders'

I really don't know. But it might involve torches and pitchforks.

Isn't that what we all ultimately strive for, by posting here?

I think most of us just want to think out loud to a small group of somewhat likeminded others. But maybe that's just me.

Is the conspiracy establishment about to crush the society in which it resides? Then what?

'conspiracy establishment' isn't exactly an oxymoron, but I still don't like the sound of it. The establishment establishment has handled worse than this. They hold most of the cards. The one card we hold that might make a difference is that for most of us, the non establishment, and even for most of the establishment I would guess, these crimes are so abhorrent, that anyone caught out in a wider investigation will have to be brought to justice. And if you can get a few Saviles in that net who are widely connected within that ring the whole thing might come busting out into the open. Crush society? No. But depending on how high the network goes there coulod be some society wide ramifications. We can hope.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Jeff » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:00 am

Savile's final wishes included being interred at a 45 degree angle, so he could look out over the sea, it was claimed. (What an odd duck!) Yet his corpse faces a school. He was also buried encased in concrete to, of course, deter grave robbers stealing his "bling," even though he wasn't buried with any. (Comment from that article of last November: "No I think they are afraid Sir Jim will rise up and start again, the amount of energy the guy had was amazing, seriously what a sad reflection on society that we should need to do this, have people no self respect, morals or shame any longer?")

And of course now, in the same amnesiac Daily Mail, he's History's Greatest Monster:

How Savile even abused his own sister's grandchild: His great niece reveals the scandal's most sickening twist yet - and how he bribed his sister to cover it up

Frances Hardy
19 October 2012

Her admission that even she, a family member, was a victim of his depravity is a chilling one. Caroline was molested twice by him: once when she was just 12 and again three years later.

But equally unsettling is her revelation that Savile bought the silence of close members of his family circle by bribing them with lavish gifts and money. Her grandmother Marjorie Marsden, Savile’s elder sister, knew he had abused Caroline, and, she believes, Marjorie was also well aware he was a prolific and predatory paedophile. But she refused to confront her famous brother because she knew that if Savile were brought to book, the comfortable lifestyle he provided for her would end.

‘Uncle Jimmy gave Marjorie everything she wanted,’ says Caroline. ‘She was interested in Egyptology, so he bought her a house on the Nile. When she divorced, he paid for the best lawyer. He paid for her to live in a smart BUPA care home near his flat in Roundhay Park in Leeds just before she died in 2006.

‘She had private medical insurance and a cottage in Llandudno, courtesy of Jimmy; he bought her a caravan on the coast there. If Marjorie had blabbed, Jimmy would have had nothing. No fame, no money. In fact, he’d have been in jail. And Marjorie would have had nothing, too.

‘What Jimmy did to me was terrible. But the most unsettling thing of all is that Grandmamma, whom I loved dearly, knew exactly what was going on and she kept her mouth shut because Jimmy paid for her silence. She always referred to him as her “next of kin”. The camp that has closed ranks and kept silent about all this are those who have benefited financially from him.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

That 12-year old documentary by Louis Theroux is quite fascinating. Like how, on their first meeting, Theroux was stunned Savile had discovered his address ("I can get anything I want," I believe he says.) And about the secrets he keeps with the royals: "I'm not a grass."

And so naturally now this:

Police investigate possibility Jimmy Savile was centre of child abuse ring
Police are investigating over 400 lines of inquiry including some alleging abuse by other people connected with Savile

Sandra Laville and Josh Halliday
Friday 19 October

Scotland Yard detectives are expected to make swift arrests in a major criminal probe into the possibility that Jimmy Savile was at the centre of a network of child abusers who targeted more than 200 victims.

The vast majority of the victims allege they were abused by Savile. But detectives announced on Friday that they were mounting a full criminal investigation after some of the hundreds of people who have come forward in response to the unfolding scandal made allegations that they were abused by other individuals who are still alive. It is understood that most of these claims of sexual abuse relate to people who were associated with Savile in some way.

It is not known how many individuals are being investigated.

Commander Peter Spindler, from the Metropolitan police, said his officers were pursuing more than 400 lines of inquiry. They have uncovered allegations against living people that require a formal criminal investigation, he said.

The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children said it was now likely Savile was one of the most prolific sex offenders they have ever come across.

"We are dealing with alleged abuse on an unprecedented scale," said Spindler. "The profile of this operation has empowered a staggering number of victims to come forward to report the sexual exploitation which occurred during their childhood.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oc ... abuse-ring

Let's see how far it gets.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby semper occultus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:14 am

Ahab - it was the Knighthood from Brenda in 1990 - Knight Batchelor to be precise

It is the most basic rank of a man who has been knighted by the monarch but not as a member of one of the organised Orders of Chivalry. Knights Bachelor are the most ancient sort of British knight (the rank existed during the 13th century reign of King Henry III), but Knights Bachelor rank below knights of the various orders.

....so...not the XIXXIIX o of the Illuminati after all then.....although this was among his many gee-gaws : ( not miuch of a smoking gun..more a bit of a dribbly water-pistol...

semper occultus

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 pm

semper occultus wrote:Ahab - it was the Knighthood from Brenda in 1990 - Knight Batchelor to be precise

Thanks Semper. Not the most illustrious medal available then, and not really indicative of the kind of social clout he seems to have weilded throughout his life. I didn't really want to go down the Super Excellent Master Mason (45th degree!) road that many on the Icke thread seem to be following, but thought it was worth checking out the provenance of that medal at least. I see now that they are stirrups, not scales, alongside the sword. Good research on your part. Good posting on this thread altogether from many people - Mac, coffin-dodger, yourself, smiths, streeb, vk, blankly. Everybody really.

semper occultus wrote:....so...not the XIXXIIX o of the Illuminati after all then.....although this was among his many gee-gaws : ( not miuch of a smoking gun..more a bit of a dribbly water-pistol...

Aye, that's not going to get you into Broadmoor or Buckingham Palace. After my grandad died we found a couple of masonic medals among his gear, very basic honorary stuff I would think - there's no way he was a member but a lot of his friends would have been, just due to the nature of the community. I suppose Savile would've had just about every bit of civic tat available in the country by the time he died. He seemed to wear most of it as well.

Some weird rumblings coming out about the IRA now, in connection to Savile - apparently he threatened a journalist with a visit from them during a meeting. "Just one phone call, that's all it takes". A joke, possibly? About as funny as any of his others.

Good point about the amnesia of the Daily Mail and all the other papers Jeff. Each of them carried glowing obituaries
immediately after his death, and some of the journalists who are coming out now to say how creepy and evil he was have articles from only a few years back about his great charitable works and what bliss it was to be in the company of this "living legend."

It's all very well for them to attack the BBC for not reporting his crimes, except that every one of the newspapers sat on these well-known stories too, for years in some cases, for decades in others.

Of all the people they might have been justified in phone-hacking, or setting a private investigator on, surely the openly-suspected celebrity paedophile Jimmy Savile was one? But they didn't bother.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby semper occultus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:46 pm

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:I didn't really want to go down the Super Excellent Master Mason (45th degree!) road that many on the Icke thread seem to be following...

oh I do...infact I'm one of them - they've picked up on the bbc story appended below ...( potential operation mop-up on someone abusing contemporaneously to Savile's prime years ) :

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:I I see now that they are stirrups, not scales, alongside the sword.

...they're spurs yer lemon...like what knights used to win...

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:I Good point about the amnesia of the Daily Mail and all the other papers Jeff. Each of them carried glowing obituaries...

...the telegraph was a pretty good one though ( as they often are ) I pasted it earlier on

Plymouth paedophile William Goad dies in prison

Goad's abuse of victims went back to 1965

A Devon paedophile who is believed to have abused up to 3,500 boys has died in prison, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) has confirmed.

William Goad, 68, from Plymouth died of "natural causes" overnight at HMP Albany, on the Isle of Wight.

The MoJ said: "As with all deaths in custody, the independent Prisons and Probation Ombudsman will conduct an investigation."

Goad was jailed for life in 2004 for sexual offences over a 35-year period.

'Jubilation' at death

Goad, who ran shops and market stalls, was jailed for 14 serious sex offences and two counts of indecent assault following a court case in 2004 in which he was described as a "voracious, calculating, predatory and violent homosexual paedophile".

Plymouth Crown Court was told he groomed his victims by offering them well-paid jobs in his shops and inviting them back to his home.

In 2010 one of Goad's victims, Ray Zolla from Newquay, was awarded a six-figure sum in damages for the abuse he suffered as a teenager.

Learning of Goad's death, Mr Zolla said: "Initially I was quite shocked but since then jubilation has come over me.

"As morbid as it sounds, I'm actually quite happy that a higher justice has been served and there's no way he can come back into the community.

"I'm glad it's come to an end but unfortunately a lot of the guys and survivors will still carry that pain for the rest of our lives."

He previously told the BBC that the abuse had "totally consumed" his life and caused him to develop post-traumatic stress disorder.

Goad was jailed for life, with a six-year minimum term, in 2004.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20014945
20 October 2012 Last updated at 18:41
semper occultus

Postby smiths » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:44 pm

it struck me last night whilst i was doing the dishes that one of the most popular BBC programs of the 80s, Bergerac,
was a detective program set on the isle of Jersey,
i looked it up today wondering if the family friendly program had ever really delved into the sick history of that little island,
you'd think after all that a program filmed on Jersey for 10 years might have heard stories,
but it doesnt seem that real crime and real horror are the things that police and TV want to look at,

however,
"One of the main sites of the series achieved notoriety much later.
The "Bureau des Étrangers" was located at Haut de la Garenne, a former children's home which in February 2008 became the focus of the Jersey child abuse investigation 2008. The building, on Mont de la Garenne overlooking Mont Orgueil and the Royal Bay of Grouville, ceased being a children's home in 1983 and was re-opened as Jersey's first and only youth hostel." (wiki - Bergerac)

"Le Bureau des Étrangers" (a fictional department, based on the real Bureau des Étrangers, for dealing with non-Jersey residents)
the literal translation is 'the aliens police' which is more humorous than relevant

The detective Bergerac lives at Noirmont, or Black mountain
which led me onto the monstrous black dog which was said to haunt Bouley Bay and a swag of witches and ghouls that terrorise Jersey
http://www.bbc.co.uk/jersey/about_jerse ... _dog.shtml

"Belief in witchcraft was formerly strong in Jersey, and survived in country areas well into the 20th century. Witches were supposed to hold their sabbats on Fridays at Rocqueberg, the Witches' Rock, in St. Clement. Folklore preserves a belief that witches' stones on old houses were resting places for witches flying to their meetings." (wiki - Jersey Culture)

it does seem that the persistence of supernatural horror is directly related to the practice of real horror committed by people (overwhelmingly men)

it reminded me of a section in 'Debt: The first 5000 years' where he describes the ghost stories and the practice of voodoo and the control of the magic men and how the whole thing is completely linked to the very real kidnapping and disappearance of people into the slave trade at that time

the time is long over due to tear this house of horrors of a culture down and start again because despite all of our mythology we are still caught in a supernatural mind-state, a culture of magical illusions hiding a black interior with showmen who hypnotize and beguile us

i wonder at times how i carry on as a normal person, i read this stuff, look at pictures of the middle eastern great lie, see Obama hypnotising the worlds masses and and my mind implodes,
and then i cook the dinner, chat to my family, watch an episode of the Country Cottage cook show, and sleep like a baby
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby Jeff » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:57 pm

He hinted about underworld links in 1983 newspaper interview: “I never get physical personally. Let’s just say that while I’m in Edinburgh very dodgy things happen in London.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ji ... ed-1389710

Jeff
Site Admin

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:18 am

I have to correct something I wrote earlier.

MacCruiskeen wrote:For Americans who might be wondering who the fuck this guy was:

Try to imagine someone as dismally bland yet calculatedly wacky as Lady Gaga, who has the longevity, popularity and omnipresence of Johnny Carson -- then you might be close to it.

"Popularity" is not the right word. (I remember thinking "that's the wrong word" while I typed that word and then letting it stand because I was posting in a hurry. Mea culpa.) As several people have rightly pointed out here, it was hard to find anyone who actually liked Jimmy Savile. Seriously, and without vindictiveness in hindsight: What was there to like? He was a walking talking advert, but only for himself, and therefore a model for anyone who wanted to Get Ahead by means of a manufactured Self. He consisted of nothing except mechanical ticks and daft catchphrases and put-on funny faces and calculated simulations of kindliness and trustworthiness and blithe selfconfidence. Jimmy Savile was a senile infant. He was a black hole of human potential. It made him a millionaire. It also made him impossible to avoid for anyone who owned a TV.

No wonder Thatcher liked him and cultivated him. No wonder Blair-- allegedly Thatcher's opponent -- also liked him and cultivated him. You could say Jimmy Savile was the Platonic Ideal of a politician: completely fake, wholly vacant, endlessly adaptable, and therefore insatiably greedy for power and approval, including and especially self-approval.

Both Obama and Romney are members of the very same species. I understand and respect Jack Riddler's arguments in favour of a strategic vote for Obama, but by god I also understand the visceral disgust of those who can't bring themselves to do it. It's possible to have a bellyful of phoneyness, to find it literally intolerably nauseating, especially when it tries so hard (and for so many decades) to appear to be amiable. And pace Marx: all intellectual activity, which precedes political activity, is rooted in feeling, which is closer to matter than the most materalistic analysis imaginable.

Obama and Blair are as repulsive as Savile, but at least Savile never killed anyone, as far as we know. All he did was feel them up. But, like murder, it's an easily ignorable crime. Where there's no will, there's a way.

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:17 am

Can't we leave witches out of it?

We'll get Stephen back banging on about Elizabeth Bathory if we're not careful.

Hammer of Los

Postby smiths » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:52 am

quite right, no witches

its just that sense that a predator of children who operated over such a long time and in so many places, whilst floating his ghoulish face across every social space possible from high to low, protected by who knows what forces, does become almost nightmarishly supernatural

it has caused me to consider how figures of horror enter into a culture, and the very real historical personages that create the stories
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby semper occultus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 am

Hammer of Los wrote:...Can't we leave witches out of it?...

....au contraire ...( as they say in Jersey ) very germane I'd say....

....very interesting background on Jersey.....I too was reflecting on Bergerac's frankly utterly pathetic low-budget attempt to impart a sheen of cosmoploitan St Tropez like high-rolling glamour on to the dismal place but what a squalid fucking carbuncle it really is....a corrupt quasi/neo-feudal relic full of kiddy-fiddling fuck-ups & steeped in off-shore tax-dodging & financial crime..it's like GB's mini-me .......

semper occultus

Postby vanlose kid » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:46 pm

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:Thanks for the possible meanings of the anchor in freemasonry vk, it seems it is an important symbol of the Royal Arch degree in the Orange Lodge as well... but with Sir Jimmy being a devout Catholic that seems an unlikely Order for him to join.

on that point:

The Roman Catholic Freemason Past, Present and Future The Royal Arch Mason - Spring 1972

the owls are not...

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion