Nikolas Schreck's "The Manson File"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Nikolas Schreck's "The Manson File"

Postby semper occultus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:26 am

...looks like these are now downloadable ....think they were on lulu ...Lab13 was...not read them yet so maybe corn...

http://labyrinth13.com/eBook-ROYF.pdf

http://labyrinth13.com/eBook-Labyrinth13.pdf

semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Col Quisp » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks - at first I thought it said "Riding on your Pears." Peachy!
Col Quisp

Postby Freitag » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks semper, I've been looking for something to read, those PDFs will do nicely.
Freitag

Postby justdrew » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Interview with author of new book, "Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson" by Jeff Guinn

Listen here: September 24, 2013: The Life and Times of Charles Manson

Author makes the case that Manson's childhood was different than most often reported. Bad Seed, etc.

Interesting!

25th January 1971 Charles Manson Convicted
by Julian Cope

It was forty-two years ago on this day that Charles Manson and three of his female accomplices were finally convicted of those horrendously violent murders which have come to many to represent the symbolic termination of the Swinging Sixties. Undoubtedly, the grotesque and ritualistic manner in which the victims met their deaths captured the morbid imaginations of Straight America – nay, the Straight World – like none since the Jack the Ripper murders of a half-a-century before. Cryptic messages scrawled in the victims’ own blood. A Hollywood starlet eight-and-a-half months pregnant; a none-more-groovy LA hair stylist; an heiress to a fabulous fortune: each super-rich victim representing to Capitalist America their deepest secret fears as money and walled communities could no longer guarantee their safety. Who was this Charles Manson? This Janitor of Lunacy seemingly with a skeleton key that offered access to every millionaire? Hell, this longhaired joker hadn’t even had to commit the murders himself, just deployed thought control on those mindless hippie drones who did his bidding. If the Beats, the Beatles, the Stones and the Flower Children had not freaked out the war generations quite enough, thank you very much, then certainly this 5’2’’ imp of the perverse was the straw that broke the camel’s back. As if policing Altamont with murderous Hell’s Angels had not – to Straight America – been evidence enough of a Hippie Community out of control, then the bizarre occultist behaviour of the Manson Family during their leader’s trial sealed the fate of the counter-culture. Thereafter, the staring longhair – Frank Zappa’s archetypal hungry freak – could be justifiably consigned to any state funny farm. Odd behaviour, send them away. In Texas, singer Roky Erickson endured years of shock therapy. After the Manson murders, the portcullis came down, and the Them and Us social boundaries were redrawn to accommodate this new bizarre truth. By blaming Charles Manson so comprehensively, those paranoid Laurel Canyon cissies – Crosby Tween Nash & Young included – used this gory episode as an opportunity to jump ship, leave the stinking tatters of the revolution and jump wholeheartedly into the ‘70s Me Generation. Walled communities!

Charles Manson is a media hype. It’s not even that good a hype. And when we look back in a hundred years’ time, the manner in which we Westerners were all led by the media to micro-focus on Charlie Boy at the expense of all the other motherfucking outrages perpetuated by the CIA, the USAF and world politicians, I’ll be surprised if Futurekind don’t write off his murders as some kind of absurd elvish riposte to all the ‘mere statistic’ murders – millions at a time – by genocidal monsters such as Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon and Chairman Mao.

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks for posting that. Julian Cope is the man; I hadn't seen that website before...
cptmarginal

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:46 pm

I wonder if Peter Levenda ever met with calamity, being that his Sinister Forces trilogy dealt with Charles Manson a great deal.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

"Dr. Saperstein, eye presume..."

Postby IanEye » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:46 pm wrote:I wonder if Peter Levenda ever met with calamity, being that his Sinister Forces trilogy dealt with Charles Manson a great deal.

This is a good question regarding Schreck's belief in a "curse" on anyone who delves into the Tate-LaBianca killings.
I would imagine that Mr. Levenda is no stranger to curses, and would appear to be well practiced in how to fend them off.

Julian Cope wrote:Charles Manson is a media hype. It’s not even that good a hype. And when we look back in a hundred years’ time, the manner in which we Westerners were all led by the media to micro-focus on Charlie Boy at the expense of all the other motherfucking outrages perpetuated by the CIA, the USAF and world politicians, I’ll be surprised if Futurekind don’t write off his murders as some kind of absurd elvish riposte to all the ‘mere statistic’ murders – millions at a time – by genocidal monsters such as Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon and Chairman Mao.

I think it is more accurate to state that the concept of "Helter-Skelter" as propagated by Mr. Bugliosi is a media hype.

It is unclear to me if Schreck is referring to the "Lufthansa heist" of "Goodfellas" fame or not. If he is, he is off by about 10 years, because that heist occurred in 1978.

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

eye wonder if she's knowing

Postby IanEye » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:34 am

IanEye

Postby bks » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:36 am

Ian,

That was an extremely tasty excerpt. Many, many thanks.

Please post any others you find worthwhile if it's not too onerous.
bks

whiskers on a banana

Postby IanEye » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:41 pm

IanEye

makin' me blue

Postby IanEye » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Taking a slight detour from Schreck's tome, the following is from an excised chapter of the book "Reclaiming Parkland". the text of which can be found here.

got a feelin' that i'm wastin' time on you babe
got a feelin' that you've been untrue

i got a feelin' that you're stealin'
all the love i thought i was givin' to you

baby it's true - the joke's on you
baby it's true - the joke's on you

Let me explain this. In prison, like, you know, I don’t know how to explain it. I didn’t have any thoughts, I didn’t think one way or another.
I didn’t go to LaBianca’s house. I went to Harold True’s house, which is next door. And LaBianca’s house was always an empty house. We used to use it to go there to have sex because nobody lived there. It was an empty house for a long time.
And when we went there, there was a dog over there, and we went to see if Harold True was over there and there was somebody living there. They had just rented the house to somebody. I didn’t even know that was there.
Tex was with me, and Tex stayed there, and I went on somewhere else. And he did whatever he did. It’s none of my business. It’s his business.
I know what conspiracy is. I know what the law says, malice of forethought. I understand what murder is. Listen to me very carefully: I didn’t break the law, I don’t need to break the law. The law is 200 or 300 years old. It doesn’t work anyway. You can do anything you want and never break the law. You’ve got a mind, you use your mind. If there’s something you want done, you just think about it. Can you do that? Do you understand that?

IanEye

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:13 pm

There's no danger in reading about it is there? As pertains to Schreck's "Manson curse". I would like to know before I read any further.

Although it may be too late since I watched that 7 part Schreck interview with Charlie. Cursed by proxy?

So let me try to understand this, Manson is just some 'fall guy' as it were, when the Tate-Labianca murders happened. Tex and Susan Atkins et al went and murdered those people because it was an ordered hit from someone else (ie CIA) and Charlie just happened to be a willing accomplice. In so far as he knew the game, he knew what was up and went along with it, because "what the hell? I wasn't doing anything anyway." It had nothing to do with Satanism or occultism, that whole Helter Skelter thing was a cover up concocted by Bugliosi to protect the drug operation. And so far Charlie has kept his mouth shut about it to this day. Correct?
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby IanEye » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:24 pm

IanEye

Re: .

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby IanEye » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Handsome B. Wonderful » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:13 pm wrote:that whole Helter Skelter thing was a cover up concocted by Bugliosi to protect the drug operation.

this part seems pretty close to what the author is saying.

Schreck goes into very little speculation about any involvement on the part of the CIA, however.
IanEye

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion