Guns (Yawn)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Guns (Yawn)

Postby American Dream » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:46 am

Yeah, he did a makeover and changed the name of the show but is definitely back in the game...
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Wow, lady got a hit-list on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbwFAJSflc
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:50 pm

^^^^ Wow. Wow... I mean... wow. Unhinged.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby norton ash » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Yeah, full-on darkside. She should sip from a skull.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby 82_28 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 pm

John Oliver pretty much shreds the NRA here:

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:08 pm

PufPuf93 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:The "hidden hands" or PTB or "deep state" is a term for me to describe actors that are occult, perhaps even not consciously working together, always to be a mystery and probably not that fixed but always with humanity through history and more so civilization.

Send thee to the Original RI Quotes only thread! In a succinct, elegant sentence, you just nailed down what "it" is and why it will remain a mystery: because by necessity, it is never static. It is constantly morphing to fit the demands of the age it exists in. Then, depending on how they shape the future (and however it is shaped beyond their influence), they morph again. Always in the background, always secret.

PufPuf93 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:When one looks at the media and public discourse over the gun issue in the USA, one hears phrases repeated often and the phrases in many cases are crafted for public imprint. One could almost conclude this is the main function 0f MSM. Repetition. Repetition that freezes minds and does as much to stifle discourse as inform or enlighten.

The PTB often do not want a resolution of an issue but feed on the turmoil. That the gun issue is deliberately created and fed may be a reason why the USA among modern industrial nations has a unique issue over guns. 2nd amendment. NRA. Stand your ground.

This is what Alex Jones and the rest of the professional (and non-professional) paranoids will never get about the presumed endgame of the gun issue: our turmoil is the endgame. There has always been a gun issue in the USA. We have always been at war with Eastasia. Now you do what they told ya. Now you're under control.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:47 am

There was a rumor back in the day that Zach de la Rocha spent time fighting with the Zapatistas after RATM stopped producing albums. They say that's where he went when the band went on hiatus, before and perhaps during AudioSlave times. The man, and the band, certainly influenced my thoughts and interests while RATM did exist. Good chances are the rumor is complete BS, but I've never bothered to look it up; it's just too good to verify, as they say in the news industry.

Always at war with Eastasia. Yes.

I think I've said it before, but probably years ago - I highly recommend "Amusing Ourselves to Death" by Neil Postman.
The premise is the overlapping but conflicting futures predicted by 1984 and Brave New World. Simplified, one predicts a totalitarian future based on force. The other, a totalitarian future based on complete lack of engagement due to the drug Soma.
Postman's thesis was that we were and are in the midst of a mix of the two futures, where both techniques are used in concert.

They rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells. Tune in, turn on, drop out.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:54 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 am wrote:There was a rumor back in the day that Zach de la Rocha spent time fighting with the Zapatistas after RATM stopped producing albums. They say that's where he went when the band went on hiatus, before and perhaps during AudioSlave times. The man, and the band, certainly influenced my thoughts and interests while RATM did exist. Good chances are the rumor is complete BS, but I've never bothered to look it up; it's just too good to verify, as they say in the news industry.

I think I've said it before, but probably years ago - I highly recommend "Amusing Ourselves to Death" by Neil Postman.
The premise is the overlapping but conflicting futures predicted by 1984 and Brave New World. Simplified, one predicts a totalitarian future based on force. The other, a totalitarian future based on complete lack of engagement due to the drug Soma.
Postman's thesis was that we were and are in the midst of a mix of the two futures, where both techniques are used in concert.

They rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells. Tune in, turn on, drop out.

Wow, I never heard that rumor before mentalgongfu2, but I totally buy it! For The Ghost of Tom Joad, tha frontline is everywhere.

Yeah, Rage Against the Machine was truly original. There have been a lot of great music groups focused on protest, but with most groups I felt the protest mostly within the lyrics. With RATM, I felt that protest in their music as well as the lyrics!

I haven't read Neil Postman, he's completely correct in a generalized sense. I'll have to read the book to see how correct he is in the specifics. Sounds great!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 am

ImageImage
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:01 pm

It's almost difficult to believe how fast the rhetoric is ramping up towards bona fide, no qualifications FASCISM on the right these days. I mean, with Trump's incredible speech in Moon PA, and Bannon's European speech at the National Front event, last week was insane. Taken as a gestalt, how can anyone even suggest we're not waltzing into incredibly dangerous territory RIGHT FUCKING NOW?!

J.

Elvis » 05 Mar 2018 20:50 wrote:^^^^ Wow. Wow... I mean... wow. Unhinged.
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Jerky

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 pm

A good listen to go along with Postman is Roger Waters' before-last album, "Amused to Death", which came out in 1992, and was based in part on Postman's book/ideas. It's a very good album, with some beautiful songs and soaring moments.

And if any of you have yet to do so, DO try and get a hold of Waters' most recent album, "Is This The Life We Really Want?" I think it's the best thing he's done outside of Pink Floyd, and definitely the best "classic rock" album of 2017, with profoundly resonant, emotionally shattering songs that are clearly the work of a master at the top of his game AND brimming with the kind of passionate intensity one would find bracing in an artist half his age.

I mean, just listen to this:

If the above song doesn't move you, I don't know what to tell you.

Jerky

stillrobertpaulsen » 06 Mar 2018 22:54 wrote:
mentalgongfu2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 am wrote:There was a rumor back in the day that Zach de la Rocha spent time fighting with the Zapatistas after RATM stopped producing albums. They say that's where he went when the band went on hiatus, before and perhaps during AudioSlave times. The man, and the band, certainly influenced my thoughts and interests while RATM did exist. Good chances are the rumor is complete BS, but I've never bothered to look it up; it's just too good to verify, as they say in the news industry.

Wow, I never heard that rumor before mentalgongfu2, but I totally buy it! For The Ghost of Tom Joad, tha frontline is everywhere.

Yeah, Rage Against the Machine was truly original. There have been a lot of great music groups focused on protest, but with most groups I felt the protest mostly within the lyrics. With RATM, I felt that protest in their music as well as the lyrics!

I haven't read Neil Postman, he's completely correct in a generalized sense. I'll have to read the book to see how correct he is in the specifics. Sounds great!
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Teacher accidentally fires gun in class while teaching about gun safety

By Yaron Steinbuch
Teacher accidentally fires gun in class while teaching about gun safety

A California teacher who also serves as a reserve police officer accidentally fired a pistol inside his classroom while teaching about gun safety and injured three students, according to reports.

Dennis Alexander was teaching public safety awareness in his administration of justice class at Seaside High School when he fired a semi-automatic handgun and hit the ceiling, KSBW reported.

Teachers are not permitted to possess firearms in California schools.

The errant bullet ricocheted off the ceiling, sending out fragments that injured three students, including a 17-year-old who was struck in the neck, the boy’s dad, Fermin Gonzalez, told the station.

Seaside police said in a statement that no one suffered serious injuries.

Alexander had just told the class that he wanted to make sure his gun wasn’t loaded when it went off, leaving the children stunned, Gonzales said.

“It’s the craziest thing. It could have been very bad,” Gonzales said, adding that the teacher was about to demonstrate how to disarm a person.

Alexander, a reserve cop in the Sand City Police Department, has apologized for his ballistic blunder.

He was placed on administrative leave at Seaside High School and the police force as the investigation is conducted.

“I have concerns about why he was displaying a loaded firearm in a classroom. We will be looking into that,” Sand City Police Chief Brian Ferrante told KSBW.

Gonzales complained that no one at the school checked to make sure the children were unhurt before the school day resumed.

The 17-year-old’s parents were shocked when he came home with a blood-soaked shirt and a neck wound.

“He’s shaken up, but he’s going to be OK,” Gonzales told KSBW. “I’m just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it.”

Ferrante said Alexander — who also is a Seaside City Council member — has been a reserve officer for the past 11 years, and described his track record as “positive and professional.”

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen said he doesn’t know if Alexander had ever brought a firearm to the school before.

“We’re looking into any violation of city ordinance or the penal code and we’ll determine whether or not there are any applicable charges,” Pridgen told the Mercury News.

Monterey Peninsula schools chief PK Diffenbaugh said: “I think a lot of questions on parents’ minds are, why a teacher would be pointing a loaded firearm at the ceiling in front of students.”

The frightening incident occurred amid a national debate over whether to arm teachers in the wake of the school shooting that left 17 dead in Parkland, Florida.

On Wednesday, students across the nation planned to walk out of their classrooms to raise awareness about gun violence and safety.

One KSBW Facebook fan wrote: “This is clear example why teachers shouldn’t have a gun. Accidents happen, even to people with experience.”

Another person added: “Oh great.. .Ya let’s give ALL the teachers guns. What could possibly go wrong?”
https://nypost.com/2018/03/14/teacher-a ... un-safety/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:42 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm wrote:I believe in the children are our future ....and big banks :P

no yawning!

you see it was Vietnam that was killing my friends......now it is the NRA that is killing high school seniors and the ones that are alive are going to be voting in Nov.

I learned how to duck bullets before I learned how to read

Young people worldwide join in on March for Our Lives demonstrations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud5Lq7D5YvU
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion