Guns (Yawn)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Guns (Yawn)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

by DrEvil » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 pm

The fact that you talk about protecting schools from random gunmen as a fact of life is utterly insane to anyone not living in the US or a war zone. You're so used to it that you don't see how fucked up it really is.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Kids bringing knives to schools is a much bigger problem than guns. For example, in Washington state:

http://www.k12.wa.us/safetycenter/Weapo ... Report.pdf

2015-16
Weapons in Schools Report
Guns: 221
Other: 648
Knives: 1,439

Knives are incredibly easy to purchase compared to a gun.
Karmamatterz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:31 pm wrote:Kids bringing knives to schools is a much bigger problem than guns. For example, in Washington state:

http://www.k12.wa.us/safetycenter/Weapo ... Report.pdf

2015-16
Weapons in Schools Report
Guns: 221
Other: 648
Knives: 1,439

Knives are incredibly easy to purchase compared to a gun.

And incredibly more difficult to use in a mass murder rampage.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:33 pm

yes when was the last knife mass killing?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:40 pm

if you own a fucking gun you should be held responsible for what harm it does... criminally and financially

So if someone steals your car and then kills someone (vehicular homicide) the owner of the car is responsible?

If your home is invaded by criminals and they steal your guns is the homeowner responsible for the perp killing someone with the stolen gun?

If your kids are playing baseball at the park and an angry bully grabs a bat and whacks another kid in the head is the owner of the bat responsible?

Is the local co-op responsible if someone purchased 2 tons of fertilizer and creates a bomb that is used to kill others?

Read up on what insurance companies will cover and won't. Gun coverage as you suggest is a non-starter. Unless you want to start a new business model and try it out for yourself. Good luck with that.

How many gang members or other thugs are going to line up to purchase insurance for their guns? Hmmm.....ZERO.

How many people drive cars without insurance? How many die from those drivers? Happens all the time.
Karmamatterz

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Not as common as the spree of gun rampages, but if you refer to the list I posted you will see several. Notably, info coming from China is very limited but there were many knife attacks there. Guns being outlawed, the proletariat use whatever weapons they can get their hands on.

Vehicles attacks are listed as well. The list is not comprehensive.
Karmamatterz

Postby elfismiles » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Karmamatterz » 20 Feb 2018 19:43 wrote:

Not as common as the spree of gun rampages, but if you refer to the list I posted you will see several. Notably, info coming from China is very limited but there were many knife attacks there. Guns being outlawed, the proletariat use whatever weapons they can get their hands on.

Vehicles attacks are listed as well. The list is not comprehensive.

Last one I recorded in the "Amok Over The Edge(d)-Weapon Violence Sprees" thread was Poland, October 2017...
viewtopic.php?p=645690#p645690

... and then I recorded 2 in May 2017 ... 1 right here in Austin at the University and the other in Portland.

I will say, I think edged weapon attackers are ever more off their rockers ... than those emboldened by "the bravery of being out of range" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rekuWIKr55A

ETA:

You have a natural tendency
To squeeze off a shot
You're good fun at parties
You wear the right masks
You're old but you still
Like a laugh in the locker room
You can't abide change
You're at home on the range
You opened your suitcase
Behind the old workings
To show off the magnum
You deafened the canyon
A comfort a friend
Only upstaged in the end
By the Uzi machine gun
Does the recoil remind you
Remind you of sex
Old man what the hell you gonna kill next
Old timer who you gonna kill next
I looked over Jordan and what did I see
Saw a U.S. Marine in a pile of debris
I swam in your pools
And lay under your palm trees
I looked in the eyes of the Indian
Who lay on the Federal Building steps
And through the range finder over the hill
I saw the front line boys popping their pills
Sick of the mess they find
On their desert stage
And the bravery of being out of range
Yeah the question is vexed
Old man what the hell you gonna kill next
Old timer who you gonna kill next
Hey bartender over here
Two more shots
And two more beers
Sir turn up the TV sound
The war has started on the ground
Just love those laser guided bombs
They're really great
For righting wrongs
You hit the target
And win the game
From bars 3, 000 miles away
3, 000 miles away
We play the game
With the bravery of being out of range
We zap and maim
We strafe the train
We gain terrain
We play the game

Songwriters: Roger Waters
The Bravery of Being Out of Range lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:56 pm

And incredibly more difficult to use in a mass murder rampage.

See the list, it happens.

You underestimate the brutality of what some people are capable of delivering with their hands. Just because you can't imagine it (why would you want to?) or maybe you're not physically able, doesn't mean others are not capable. Soldiers in the military are trained to kill with their hands.

Ever practice martial arts? Or just watch classes at a dojo? There are some pretty skilled fighters out there capable of carnage.
Karmamatterz

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:57 pm

It's not that I can't imagine it, Karma. I'm not daft.

It's just that it is demonstrably true that it is more difficult and less common.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Your list above is completely pointless. Of course you can kill people with any number of things. So what? It has no relevance to the gun debate. You're saying that people can be killed with knives so we shouldn't do anything about guns, which is ridiculous.

I guess it has to be pointed out to you since you're being thick headed.

There are plenty of things that can be used as weapons. Guns are not the only weapons out there. It's obviously going over your head that if someone wants to kill they will find whatever weapon(s) they can. Motive and opportunity play a role. Want to make a political statement? Pack a truck full of fertilizer. Insane and full of rage over being bullied? Buy or steal a gun. Can't find one of those? Use a hammer or knife. Steal a car, or use your parent's car. Guns aren't the only weapon. Why is that so difficult for you go understand?
Karmamatterz

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 pm

You're apparently so thickheaded, Karma that, you can't understand the idea that tools that make something easier might have some relationship to how common it is.

Why is that so difficult for you go understand?

Or you're just trolling.
mentalgongfu2

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:08 pm

becomes unnecessary to own a gun in the first place.

That is your opinion.

Many people don't own guns because they are planning to use them for self defense. They use them for sport. Target practice. It's actually a fun sport to try. It's also not limited to just men. My girlfriend loves target practice as does my daughter. I could live without owning a gun. I find the idea of using a gun to defend myself at home impractical. My belief is you keep them locked up, not at your bedside.
Karmamatterz

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:12 pm

You're apparently so thickheaded, Karma that, you can't understand the idea that tools that make something easier might have some relationship to how common it is.

Why is that so difficult for you go understand?

Duh, I GET it. Try removing your own blinders. Try looking at this without your narrative. No shit sherlock, sometimes a gun is more efficient for killing. Nobody is saying they aren't. Find the quote where I wrote that guns are not a weapon of choice for mass shooting sprees.
Karmamatterz

Postby Rory » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:13 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagamihara_stabbings

The Sagamihara stabbings were committed on 26 July 2016 in Midori Ward, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan. 19 people were killed and 26 others were injured, 13 severely, at a care home for disabled people.[1][3] The suspect was a 26-year-old man, identified as Satoshi Uematsu (植松 聖 Uematsu Satoshi). He was a former employee of the care facility.

He could only do what he did based on his victims being so invalid and immobile, and that he staged it at night when most of them were in bed and completely defenseless.

You just aren't getting those numbers without a gun, or other large industrial machinery, and or some special and not easilly replicable set of circumstances
Rory

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm

It's not that I can't imagine it, Karma. I'm not daft.

It's just that it is demonstrably true that it is more difficult and less common.

Apologies, did not see that as my browser had not refreshed. I know you're not daft. The convo is getting a bit heated. You're correct, it is less common. Not unheard of though.

Pressure cookers are uncommon as well, but nonetheless have been used for killing.
Karmamatterz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion