Feb. 15, 2003 - Ten Years Ago.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Feb. 15, 2003 - Ten Years Ago.

Postby justdrew » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm

8bitagent wrote:
NeonLX wrote: Anyhoo, one of the church dudes had been sitting out in his car in the parking lot, listening to the radio. Suddenly, he burst into the church and yelled "WE HAVE INVADED IRAQ!!!!!" At that point, everyone stood up and began cheering. I remained seated and felt a cold nausea growing with each passing second.

I woulda preferred being at a Christian church that would deride the Iraq war as a giant Satanic sacrifice and an "illuminati new world order plot".
I mean, if someone believes in a "God" and "Devil" and some epic struggle in the sky, how could anyone not see the west's wars as anything less than Satanic?
American Christians supporting the government or war always perplexed me.

what happened? People like that were systematically run out of the priesthood BY ratzinger and the whole body of righting Catholicism. In some countries they were just murdered.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:09 pm

^^^I wrote about just this, a fairly long essay a long time ago when the Papal bullshit transition was going down, but entrusted it to a certain Tim Boucher who decided to scrub all the records of his site. Good thing we're still friends and maybe I got a little something later I will share that he brought up today to me and my response. It's all good. But I wish I could read the shit I wrote back then about Ratzinger.

One thing I will mention is that he's the only pope I can think of that has largely gone by his "human name" and not the "otherworldly one" that supposedly means something. Perhaps in the last 600 years to boot. Therein could be a clue about the future. Just think about it. A nazi. That's it. Just think about it. Sometimes we need new names and new saints. We got a new one.

Saint Ratzinger but in a doublebinderific way? It seriously could happen. Catholic Church not equalling the Nazis, but adding to in a way only the passage of time and the forgetfulness of history is and how it builds like a scab that is picked too early. But yeah, the Vatican being quite the same of the Nazis only, really, worse on a large time frame and also quite self same.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby NeonLX » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:17 am

JackRiddler wrote:Neon, where do you live again?

I don't know if you'd call it living, but I reside in Madison, WI. :)

It's still a relatively "liberal" city, judging by the vast number of Obomb'em bumper stickers affixed to the back of countless Subaru wagons and Prii.

This particular church is of the "prosperity gospel" variety. Fortunately, I haven't had to set foot in it for over a decade now.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to General Discussion