Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby 8bitagent » Sat May 24, 2014 6:34 am

stillrobertpaulsen » Thu May 22, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:
What Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wrote on the boat
By International Business Times
Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:44 EDT

Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wrote that he was envious of his brother and alleged co-conspirator, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, for getting into the Islamic version of paradise before he did and warned the U.S. to “stop killing our innocent people” in a note, as he hid from a massive manhunt following the 2013 marathon attack, according to new court documents.

The full text of the letter was submitted as part of Boston federal court documents filed by prosecutors to fight a motion by Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s lawyers to suppress statements the suspect made to FBI agents. He made the statements at a local hospital where he was taken after the manhunt ended when authorities found him hiding in a boat kept in the backyard of a home in the Boston suburb of Watertown, Mass.

While in the boat, Dzokhar Tsarnaev wrote the following note, according to court documents released Wednesday:

“I’m jealous of my brother who ha[s] [re]ceived the reward of jannutul Firdaus (inshallah) before me. I do not mourn because his soul is very much alive. God has a plan for each person. Mine was to hide in this boat and shed some light on our actions. I ask Allah to make me a shahied (iA) to allow me to return to him and be among all the righteous people in the highest levels of heaven...The US Government is killing our innocent civilians but most of you already know that.

"As a [UI] I can’t stand to see such evil go unpunished, we Muslims are one body, you hurt one you hurt us all. Well at least that’s how muhhammad (pbuh) wanted it to be [for]ever, the ummah is beginning to rise/[UI] has awoken the mujahideen, know you are fighting men who look into the barrel of your gun and see heaven, now how can you compete with that. We are promised victory and we will surely get it. Now I don’t like killing innocent people it is forbidden in Islam but due to said [UI] it is allowed. All credit goes [UI]. Stop killing our innocent people and we will stop.”

Prosecutors claimed the writing contained “hallmarks of al-Q’aeda-inspired rhetoric,” which, they say, suggested Dzhokhar Tsarnaev may have received instructions on how to conduct the bombings from a terrorist group. They also said his repeated use of “we” indicates “that others might be poised to commit similar attacks and that Tsarnaev was urging them on.”

Looks like they found the magic words where bullet holes used to be in the story redsock linked to from ABC News on April 17. Didn't the owner of the boat say he didn't see a damn word?

"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Four in Ten Bostonians Skeptical of Official Marathon Bombing Account
By James Henry on Jul 10, 2014
http://whowhatwhy.com/2014/07/10/four-i ... g-account/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:46 pm

my.firedoglake.com/blog/2014/09/23/boston-bombing-news-whistleblower-whitehurst-and-other-fbi-problems/
Boston Bombing News: Whistleblower Whitehurst and Other FBI Problems
By: lauraw Tuesday September 23, 2014 4:31 am

A few threads back we were discussing the Tsarnaev defense’s Motion for Continuance. In Exhibit G attached to this motion, explosives expert Frederic Whitehurst stated that the thousands of photos and video he had been given “did not appear to depict all of the evidence from the crime scene.” (Certainly an interesting and suggestive statement.)

Jane commented that Dr. Whitehurst is an FBI whistleblower, a fact I believe deserves a bit more attention.

According to Wikipedia, Frederic Whitehurst has a PhD in chemistry in addition to a JD. He joined the FBI in 1982 and worked as a Supervisory Special Agent in the FBI Lab from 1986 to 1998. During his employment, the Bureau touted him as the world’s top explosives expert.

FW eventually went public as a whistleblower, citing both procedural errors and misconduct. He was suspended in 1997. In 1998 he officially resigned from the bureau and received a settlement of more than $1.16 million. In exchange, he dropped a lawsuit which alleged that the FBI had retaliated against him for his actions. The bureau issued the following statement: ‘’Dr. Whitehurst played a role in identifying specific areas to be examined, and some of the issues he noted resulted in both internal and external reviews.’’

Dr. Whitehurst is currently Executive Director of the Forensic Justice Project, part of the National Whistleblower Center. This project specializes in making sure that innocent people are not convicted due to the misuse of forensic science.

FW and the Feds. According to this article, FW originally was troubled with what he saw as widespread contamination of evidence in the FBI lab. He ultimately accused several colleagues of manipulating evidence to favor prosecutors. In a 2009 documentary titled Lockerbie Revisited, FW described the FBI lab itself as a “crime scene,” where at least one unqualified colleague would routinely alter scientific reports.

“Incited by Whitehurst’s numerous allegations, the Department of Justice and Office of the Inspector General carried out an investigation into the practices and alleged misconduct of the FBI lab culminating in a report released in April 1997.” This investigation looked into a number of high profile cases including the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing.

“The DOJ agreed with some [of FW’s allegations], dismissed others, and provided their suggestions into the future course of the FBI lab.”

Among these suggestions was the following: “Records of all case files must be thorough in their recount of the examiner’s data and analysis and must be easily retrieved upon request.” Has this particular resolution been adhered to?

Consider FW’s complaints in Exhibit G: “Much like the reports themselves, the manuals and protocols are labeled in such a way that I have had to take an inordinate amount of time to go through each file simply to determine what is in it … So far I have not seen any validation documentation for any of the protocols I have reviewed. Attempting to find these documents among the documents I have received is extremely time consuming due to the complexity of the file labeling as well as the sheer number of documents that must be read … Another of my tasks is to determine whether the defense should hire experts in specific fields. However, I am unable to give an accurate recommendation unless and until I have been able to review the analysts’ reports … Without knowing what may be provided in the future, I cannot say with any confidence when my work will be done.”

Tip of the Iceberg? The bureau’s carrying out of its good resolutions is further brought into doubt by a July 2014 Washington Post article about the FBI lab’s hair and fiber unit.

“Nearly every criminal case the FBI and DOJ has reviewed during a major investigation that began in 2012 … has involved flawed forensic testimony. The review … was cut short last August when its findings ‘troubled the bureau.’ … The probe resumed once the DOJ inspector general lambasted the FBI for the delay in this investigation … Reviews were completed and notifications offered for defendants in 23 cases, including 14 death-row cases, that FBI examiners ‘exceeded the limits of science’ when linking hair to crime-scene evidence.”

The article goes on to quote NYU forensic expert Erin Murphy: “I see this as a tip-of-the-iceberg problem. It’s not as though this is one bad apple or even that this is one bad-apple discipline. There is a long list of disciplines that have exhibited problems, where if you opened up cases you’d see the same kinds of overstated claims and unfounded statements.”

We’ll Be Good Now. We Promise. Reading about the Bureau’s good resolutions to clean up their act bring to mind their COINTELPRO program, which ran between 1956 and 1971, and then officially ended. This program targeted various subversives, anti-war protestors and civil rights activists. In the name of national security, bureau operatives employed forgery, false info planted in the media, harassment, wrongful imprisonment and illegal violence.

After the whistle was blown on this program in 1971, the Bureau promised to stop doing that stuff. But, quite obviously, they are still doing it. I am sure they feel that these dirty tricks are more necessary than ever, because of all the dangerous Muslims in the Homeland.

The Tsarnaev defense has a distinguished researcher participating in the guilt-phase portion of the case. Dare we hope he will again challenge the supposedly “inviolable” word of the FBI?
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Docs: Tsarnaev knew brother involved in 2011 case

Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:36 am | Updated: 12:45 pm, Sun Oct 12, 2014.
Associated Press |
BOSTON (AP) — A prosecution witness against Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is prepared to testify that Tsarnaev knew his older brother was involved in a 2011 triple slaying, according to a filing by attorneys for the surviving brother.

The defense seeks several items from prosecutors, including any evidence linking Tamerlan Tsarnaev to the gruesome slayings in Waltham, where the bodies of three men were found with their throats slit and sprinkled with marijuana. The information was disclosed in the filing by the defense late Friday.

"Simply put, information and evidence tending to show that Tamerlan Tsarnaev participated in a triple homicide in 2011, and information depicting the brutality of those murders, is critical to the defense case in mitigation," lawyers said in their filing. "Such evidence would tend to corroborate Tamerlan's dominant role in the charged offenses and would place the brothers' respective personal characteristics and relative culpability into stark relief."

Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty in the 2013 bombings that killed three people and injured about 260 others. Legal experts say his lawyers may try to argue he fell under the murderous influence of his late brother.

Defense lawyers said that "even the government has conceded" that evidence concerning the older brother's participation in the Waltham killings might be relevant if Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was aware of it.

Prosecutors have previously declined to provide information on the Waltham case, saying it could jeopardize the investigation.

In court papers filed in October 2013, federal prosecutors acknowledged that a friend of Tamerlan Tsarnaev told investigators that Tamerlan participated in those unsolved killings. That man, Ibragim Todashev, was shot to death by authorities while being questioned in Florida.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in a gunbattle with police a few days after the deadly bombing.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Is there any good boston bombing documentaries on Youtube, that cover everything from the "Danny" van ride to the Uncle living with an intelligence head and using said address for Chechen jihad funding, or the triple homicide/later FBI shooting of that unarmed individual?

As stated when the story first happened, the younger surviving brother most likely was only in contact with an under the control of his brother...however his brothers shadowy involvement with Florida drug underworlds, global intel linked Dagestan/Chechen jihad, etc is important. Of course, why is the behavior of younger Tsarnaev brother's college room mates and friends so odd? Some even having been arrested.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:00 am

Latest from the Boston Marathon Bombing Trial: Our News Feed
January 7, 2015 by The WhoWhatWhy Team
Categories: Boston Bombing Investigation, Deep Politics, Police State
http://whowhatwhy.com/2015/01/07/whowha ... news-feed/
elfismiles

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:22 pm

^^You beat me to it, Miles. Russ Baker and his associates are very brave people. Their website WhoWhatWhy is indispensible, the only reliable source of real information about the shocking farce that is the "trial" of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (aged 19).

http://whowhatwhy.com/category/politics/deep-politics/
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:18 pm

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/crime ... ber-trial/

Rather lengthy new article going into the sept 11 2011 gruesome triple homicide, the Todashev confession and killing by FBI agents, exploring why police weren't two keen
on solving the case in 2011 and new thoughts as it ties to Boston and the younger brother's death penalty case
8bitagent

Postby justdrew » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:54 am

but wait... in all the hubbub we've lot sight of the point... Who won the race anyway? :shrug:
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Former CIA Official Lied in Boston Bombing Cover-Up
Posted on January 28, 2015 by Daniel Hopsicker
http://www.madcowprod.com/2015/01/28/fo ... -cover-up/
elfismiles

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:14 pm

A Muckraking Life, Interrupted

Posted on February 4, 2015 by Daniel Hopsicker

Ruslan Tsarni, who became a daily fixture on cable and network news when his nephews were accused in the Boston attack, is also—and very likely not coincidentally—an unacknowledged spook with ties to the CIA.

What we know about “Uncle Ruslan”reveals a man whose world is filled with billionaire bankers, England’s Prince Andrew, Chechen terrorists, and what a Judge in London called an “international network of criminals.”

But the truly disquieting thing about the spooked-up Tsarni is that the mainstream media has remained uniformly silent about something which must be an open secret in Washington, D.C.

After almost four months of silence, last week I published a 2400-word initial account pf what’s been learned about Tsarni. On a personal note, I figured the astonishing news would let my four-month absence pass unnoticed. I was wrong. In today’s America, where major scandals are routine, even jaw-dropping disclosures don’t pack much of a wallop. And that—the personal note—is what this story is about.

Billionaire bankers, England’s Prince Andrew, & Ruslan Tsarni

People couldn’t get enough of “Uncle Ruslan,” who heaped ridicule on his two “loser” nephews, one dead, one barely alive. Graham Fuller, a former top Reagan-era CIA official, shielded Tsarni’s real identity in an interview with a hand-picked reporter.

While Tsarni was trash-talking his nephews on television, he was simultaneously up to his hubcaps in international financial intrigue over six billion dollars discovered “missing” from a Kazakh bank. Uncle Ruslan was suspected of helping launder the missing cash to ensure it stayed missing.

There were also hints that a few million dollars of the loot had been shoveled (through the sale of a dilapidated estate for millions more than it was worth) to a personage at the heart of a current highly-publicized scandal…

One can perhaps take comfort knowing England’s Prince Andrew hadn’t spent all his time in orgies with underage girls on disgraced billionaire banker Jeffrey Epstein’s airliner and yacht might provide some comfort to some; he’d also been mucking about with associates of Ruslan Tsarni, men called by the English judge on the case an “international network of criminals.”

Only readers of The MadCow Morning News know anything about any of this.

Note to Self: Don’t be “Danny Downer”

So that’s my little parlor trick; my area, as they say in Hollywood; my schtick.

Eyeball a dodgy situation, poke around for the thinly-disguised source of the plunder and pillage—and there’s always plunder and pillage—then disclose the worm at the center of the apple in a headline-grabbing way, knowing the story will be ignored anyway.

Then, afterwards, do your best not to get discouraged. Tell yourself nobody likes a Danny Downer. And know that the scoop will always be assiduously ignored in the mainstream press or, as described last week, ascribed only to “a story on the internet.”

“Look on the bright side,” a longtime NSA operative once said, after hearing me grouse about being unable to surface some particularly shocking piece of information. “At least they let you live.”

Small comfort, maybe. But, as I was shortly to learn, small comfort is better than none.

“He like to died!”

Along with a few words of praise (“Nice find Daniel!”) reaction to last week’s story leaned heavily towards either an expression of concern or a pointed question. It was either “Where have you been?” or, “Daniel, I was getting worried that we’d lost you!” One correspondent offered a cheery “Great to see you back in action!” as if I’d returned off Team Muckraker’s Injured Reserve.

In the interest of transparency, let me explain what happened: Last Fall, in early October, I nearly died. Or, as they say in the South, “I liked to died.”

Months earlier, I’d noticed some shortness of breath at a speaking engagement in Los Angeles, been diagnosed with bronchitis, and prescribed antibiotics. Whatever was causing the worrisome shortness of breath, I assumed, was lung-related.

It wasn’t. During a second visit to the doctor for more antibiotics, he uttered this fateful line, “I want you to get an EKG.”

Long story short, in early October my younger brother (we both live with our aging-yet-ageless Mom) drove me to the Emergency Room at Venice Regional Hospital. When the triage nurse at the admittance desk asked why I was there, I replied, truthfully, “Because I can’t breath.”

It was as if someone had pulled the fire alarm. I’d apparently just said the magic words and was swiftly dragged to the front of the line with what felt like unseemly haste. Minutes after shambling through the Emergency Room’s sliding-glass door, I’d been admitted, placed on a gurney, and wheeled down a long featureless corridor to the cardiac care unit, where one week later I underwent open heart surgery to replace a faulty aortic valve..

Breathing: It’s simple. In. Out. Repeat.

Later I began to become dimly aware of what a near thing it had been. I had (literally) not had a moment to lose, the surgeon told me later, when he swung by on his post-op rounds.

When the operation began, they discovered my heart was weaker than they’d thought, he told me, and it had inhibited the anesthesiologist’s ability to sedate me, out of fear it might stop my heart. Whoa!

Coincidentally, the date of the operation, October 13th, is famous as the date of the Western World’s first extraordinary rendition. On Friday the 13th of October, 1307, hundreds of Knights Templar were arrested in France, then moved to secret locations (not on CIA planes), and tortured into confessions of heresy. Ever since, or so the story goes, Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky day.

But the 13th of October was not an unlucky day for me. (For one thing, it was on a
Monday.) Today, almost four months later, I am enormously grateful and humbled just to be alive, feel healthy, even fairly vigorous.

Of course, the experience changed me. Typically the imminent prospect of death focuses the mind on seldom-asked questions. Like, what really matters, or, more precisely, what really matters to me?

“In a New York minute, everything can change”

For the past dozen years I’ve investigated stories too hot for the Oatmeal Journalism which dominates America’s news-cycles. Forgive me for saying it, but I’ve gotten pretty good at it.

Now I’ve been blessed with a choice: During the time remaining to me, do I want to continue? Or pursue something altogether different? (I don’t know why, but sheep-ranching in the Australian Outback is the image which comes to mind.)

Didn’t I realize the inherent absurdity of believing my feeble efforts would ever change anything?

Did I really envision forcing the same Government that allows certain military-industrial complex-friendly figures to handle the import of cocaine and heroin turn around and legalize it, while freeing a million people in American penitentiaries for selling small amounts of what they’re bringing in to the U.S. by the ton?

Would my puny efforts ever get to the bottom of the collusion between corrupt Saudi-friendly officials in Florida and the 9/11 hijackers? Would they expose secret agreements whose beneficiaries most definitely did not include the American middle class taxpayers who fund their traveling circus?

Didn’t I know that if demonstrations and protest marches accomplished anything, they’d have already been banned?

“You can’t arrest me. I’m with the CIA.”

Nothing I’ve unearthed or exposed—from the CIA’s continuing role in the international drug trade to the FBI terror alert in the Pacific for Wolfgang Bohringer, the German pilot who’d been Mohamed Atta’s best buddy in Florida—has had the slightest impact. (You might cite the FBI manhunt for Bohringer, but after the first words out of his mouth when they caught up with him, they let him go.

According to someone who was there at the time, and happened to overhear a telephone conversation between an agent from the New York Joint Terrorism Task Force(JTTF) and someone from the FBI who’d caught him, what Bohringer had said was, “You can’t arrest me. I’m with the CIA.”

And even when evidence I uncovered did momentarily threaten to break through— the persistent investigation into the the flight schools in Venice Florida, for example, that were the unexamined interface between the U.S. and the terrorists, the only result was a a brief seizure, on the Internet, a spasm of agent provocateur activity that is obvious in retrospect, but was baffling at the time.

Face facts. Why bother?

Take the stunning evidence proving that just three weeks after Mohamed Atta arrived to attend flight school in Venice Florida, the Lear jet belonging to the owner of the flight school was busted in Orlando carrying 43 pounds of heroin, what’s known as “heavy weight.”

And before you could ask, “Is this just coincidence?” there were people emerging who seemed desperately eager to pitch their particular variation of the classically-bizarre conspiracy theory to the puzzled masses. And when one was discredited, another would pop up, and each was more unlikely than the last.

A retired professor of theology at a conservative bible college in California, a succession of professors at Red State Universities with theories that never led anywhere… which was the point. The well-funded point. They accomplished nothing except to make the half-baked “official story” of the 9/11 attack sound almost reasonable. Almost.

It was classic misdirection, just like after the JFK assassination, when the investigation was focused on Dallas, while the conspiracy had been in New Orleans. Note to self: Stop using writer Thomas Pynchon’s quote just as soon as it ceases to be relevant: “If they can get you to ask the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”

I’m not of a particularly philosophical bent. But everything got very “Think on These Things-y” for a while. It was as if I were reliving during my pseudo-hippie days, when The Eagles lived in Laurel Canyon, and you could see Neil Young at Royce Hall, back when I could get ‘stoked’ by reading a book bought at the Bodhi Tree, or trucking up to Ojai to sit under a 200-year old oak tree and listen to J Krishnamurti talk.

“What happened to you was an event we like to call the ‘perceived end of middle age.’ It acts, we hypothesize, as a general summary of the subjective rate of ageing. The age at which your own middle age ends predicts your future health outcomes.”

What I learned

Anyone who watches the news know that we live in a world filled with rape and plunder, war and starvation, while ever-more scary diseases rampage across the globe. Things are going to hell in a handbasket, right?

During my time in the hospital I learned that wasn’t true. Or that it was only part of the truth. Back in the 70’s, I’d watched my father undergo open-heart surgery twice. The first was at Yale New Haven Hospital; he had one of the early bypass surgeries, when they were still something of a novelty. Then he had basically the same operation again five years later.

What I saw was: it hurt. A lot. But because of how far medicine has advanced, just in this one medical procedure, and in just 40 years, my experience was nothing like as hard as my dad’s had been. It was astonishing. There weren’t just improvements in care; there was exponential improvement.

It made me realize the same thing is true in so many areas of our lives that we’ve lost count. Maybe what we’ve lost is our ability to be dazzled when we realize what a steep learning curve humanity has been on for the past three of four decades, which makes this is, in many ways, a wonderful time to be alive.

Another good thing: I learned, at age 63, that I have no real fear of death. I’d been inducted into enough of life’s mysteries to not feel cheated if “This Was My Time.” Of course, I wanted more; everyone does. But, crucially, I felt more or less at peace, and I concluded that the reason was because, for better or worse, I became the person I was supposed to be. Not my highest best self, but not too damn far off, either.

A sojourn in another world

Last October I carefully laid down the various strands of my life. Today I’m finally beginning to pick them back up. Just before entering the hospital, for example, I got a note (through Facebook!) from a friend in Los Angeles I hadn’t spoken with in almost 20 years.

Just seeing her name reminded me of my gloriously footloose days in Southern California, where the weather report always seemed to call for “late night and early morning low clouds and fog along the coast, turning to hazy sunshine by mid-afternoon. A high of 72.”

Carol was—is—an accomplished woman who brightens every room she walks into. Well-placed in Hollywood, she runs a playwriting workshop to ‘give back, I think, from which emerged an instantly-forgettable comedy I wrote that I was lucky enough to watch play all summer at a nifty little theater on Sunset.

After each night’s performance, I would “hang” with the actors at semi-famous places around town. I was the sole writer there, they liked to remind me, privileged to be invited, because “this is an actor’s hang. “

I wrote telling her we’d have to wait to catch up; we’d communicated literally three days before I entered the hospital for what turned out to be open heart surgery. I’d compose a proper note in the next several days. Four months later, this is that note.

Giving up the glamour of sheep-ranching.

Like I said, I’ve been blessed with a choice: During the time remaining to me, do I continue investigating taboo subject? I had a lot of strands to catch up with.

What happened after a drug plane was found on a private runway at Paris Hilton’s 6000-acre ranch in Costa Rica recently being loaded with 400 kilos of cocaine and almost $2 million in cash stuffed in plastic bags. Her parents were supposedly there at the ranch when it happened. Did investigators ever bring them in for questioning?

And what’s the latest on the saga of the “ American “mystery plane” busted with 35 kilos of heroin outside Sydney, Australia?

The twin-engine plane was picked up in Punta Gorda at the Charlotte County Airport, which is to general aviation what the Black Hole of Calcutta is to after-school detention. To get to Australia it flew an amazing two-month long journey, from Florida to Alaska, south across the Pacific to Hawaii, then over to the Phillipines, and on to Australia.

It was piloted by a professional plane mover with a sterling resume: former British Special Forces; former ace Australian military pilot and Commander; Member of the British Empire. Was this the resume of the unlikeliest drug pilot in history? Or one of the likeliest?

Finally, when the plane first rolled off the assembly line 40 years ago, it belonged to the CIA. Did it still? I don’t know. I want to find that out, too.

Finding stuff out is addictive

Also, what’s happened to the big DEA investigation into aviation honcho Don Whittington, one of South Florida’s most storied ‘pirates,’ after more than 100 Federal agents from the FBI, the DEA and Homeland Security swooped down on his headquarters at infamous Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport.

Then everyone clammed up. The whole case was sealed.Nothing’s been heard since, no one will say why, and its been mover a year. Why is drug trafficking so often treated as a matter of “grave” national security?

Also, where is major Colombian drug trafficker Juan Carlos Ramirez-Abadia, known as Lollipop, who the DEA said was the biggest drug cartel boss since Pablo Escobar?

They say he led the world’s biggest drug cartel, exported more than 500 tons of cocaine to the U.S. alone, then was extradited to the U.S., and convicted in Federal Court in New York on charges that normally guarantee a life sentence. Yet the U.S. Bureau of Prisons has no record of him in its system. So where is he? Once again I don’t know.But I’d like to find out.

And what happened to Laura Chinchilla, who was Costa Rica’s President when she was discovered using a drug plane from a major Colombian drug trafficker to fly to Venezuela for the funeral of Hugo Chavez. Was that embarrassing for her? Or what?

There are as-yet unnamed Americans who make more money from drug trafficking than any Mexican drug lord with an AK-47 and bandoliers of ammo strapped cross-ways across his bare chest.

Any mainstream journalist who can count to ten backwards knows that reporting stories on subjects considered taboo is a waste of time, because they will never get air. Because taboos don’t just exist in places like Borneo, and among people in the pictures in National Geographic. They exist here, too. Right here. Right now.

The real fun, Gary Webb told me once, is in dragging the dead body (the taboo subject) out from under the bed, and then watching what happens. He was right.

I’ve got the best job in the world. It pays less than anything I’ve done since I was twenty-one.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Wow, finally got around to reading all of the recent updates on Madcowprod

I truly hope Daniel Hopsicker is doing well, it sucks to hear about his brush with death. I actually emailed him some information a few months back, probably right in the middle of his problems, and he bothered to respond anyway.
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby elfismiles » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:57 pm

You have not seen that Boston Marathon video
By Masha Gessen March 3 at 1:51 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post ... hon-video/

FBI’s ‘Smoking Gun’ Video of Boston Marathon Bombing Doesn’t Exist
March 3, 2015 by Lara Turner
http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/03/03/fbis-s ... snt-exist/

Alysha Palumbo
@AlyshaNECN

Defense says DesLauriers described video of #Tsarnaev placing a backpack behind Martin Richard "THAT DOES NOT ACTUALLY EXIST" @NECN
9:34 AM - 2 Mar 2015

https://twitter.com/AlyshaNECN/status/5 ... 6879980545
elfismiles

Postby Nordic » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:39 am

Yeah people think they saw the video the way they think they saw a "beheading" video.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby happenstance » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:26 pm

But now there IS video and some are saying it does show a bag drop

Video Of Tsarnaev Brothers Around Boylston Street On Day Of Boston Marathon Bombing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqaGJ50Cz7o

Videos at Tsarnaev Trial Show Carnage and Suspects in Boston Marathon Bombings
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/us/vi ... .html?_r=0

Boston Marathon bombing: FBI releases video of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's movements before and after deadly blasts
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 97268.html
(This one goes as far to say, "The clips show Tsarnaev dropping the bag in a crowd of people, close to several children" just days after the news that this video "does not exist")

Image of blood-stained, bullet riddled confession note written on inside of the boat was also released today (which, I cannot believe that sentence is real)
happenstance

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion