More door-to-door search videos from Watertown:

barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby compared2what? » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:
compared2what? wrote:
elfismiles wrote:Oh FFS!

I'm sorry. I don't mean it in a personal way. I'm sure there are many reasons to like him personally.

You know that's what I think, though. I've said it before,

It really wouldn't take more than regular exposure to it to trigger a real mental/emotional breakdown in a lovely, whole ordinarily functioning person who happened to be sensitive to certain kinds of stressors. Such as, for example, terror.

(Antics of Alex Jones thread, here)

So I can't take it back. But I'm sorry for the upset/distress.

you know, I don't mean to pick on you but you're the vocal one at the moment, so here it goes:

Me either you. And thanks so much. More in a moment.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Re: Louis, Louis you're gonna die...

Postby Canadian_watcher » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm

IanEye wrote:
elfismiles wrote:Lots of links in these articles...

Who is “Misha”? – Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s Rasputin
Justin Raimondo, April 23, 2013
http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/04/23/mikh ... -rasputin/

There have been a number of news accounts of Tamerlan’s “mentor,” a major influence on his path to jihad:
the Uncle, Ruslan, has said his name is “Misha,” and that he is an Armenian convert to Islam living in the Boston area, balding, with reddish hair, middle-aged looking.
So far, he hasn’t been turned up. But that may be coming to an end….

I don't think I understand this.. but in case I do: AH HA HA HA !!! :)
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 pm

This MISHA angle is new to me so sorry if this is a stupid question but, to DREW, when you said Misha was working for Murdoch was that a joke, sarcasm or is that the latest?

Thanks.

CandWatcher, keep up the good work, I appreciate your posts.
Hunter

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:i know the truth is that you just really dislike ME

That's not true. I don't know you. I won't direct any more questions or thoughts to you or about you again, at all. Carry on.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 pm

FFS I cant tell when half of you are being serious or condescending or sarcastic or just being a smart ass anymore. I wish we could all just get along here for the sake of trying to smoke out the truth here and not take others POVs so personally.

IAN is that an actual picture of Misha or what, I just cant tell anymore which posts are serious and which are some sort of joke that I am not getting. Sorry if I am dunce, I just cant keep up with all of this and try and earn a living at the same time but I am certainly willing to try.
Hunter

Postby Canadian_watcher » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:10 pm

brainpanhandler wrote:
Canadian_watcher wrote:i know the truth is that you just really dislike ME

That's not true. I don't know you. I won't direct any more questions or thoughts to you or about you again, at all. Carry on.

wow. see?
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Canadian_watcher » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Alchemy wrote:FFS I cant tell when half of you are being serious or condescending or sarcastic or just being a smart ass anymore. I wish we could all just get along here for the sake of trying to smoke out the truth here and not take others POVs so personally.

IAN is that an actual picture of Misha or what, I just cant tell anymore which posts are serious and which are some sort of joke that I am not getting. Sorry if I am dunce, I just cant keep up with all of this and try and earn a living at the same time but I am certainly willing to try.

this is partly why I RARELY visit let alone post anymore. it's this strange incestuous world and like you I never know which end is up. Of course there are good people here, people who don't play those games, but the board is dominated by a few people who do play the games which I think gives newcomers the impression that they are highly intellectual and because of that perception they don't usually speak up (thank you for doing so) which then gives permission for the frivoloties to continue. it's like a master class is psy-ops, this board. (in far more ways than one)

Canadian_watcher

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Some here are finding blame lay with the brothers for the bombing, which they may have done, but in our rush to judgment some here have found them guilty without the benefit of a trial, while others still find them guilty pawns. All we know is that two bombs were exploded maiming hundreds and killing a few. Gunman killed two cops. Should we, as some have posted, strip them of their rights just because it's convenient? Hearing people complain about the police activities infringing upon citizens while condemning the suspects without benefit of trial seems to me hard to understand. The brothers are citizens, after all, and as such they are entitled to be treated fairly under law. Some are reacting just as those they fear will someday, this day.

Truth is hard to find sometimes. We believe whatever we want to, all based upon media and social networks reporting. So, if this was some sort of conspiracy, which is hard to believe it wouldn't be, no matter who the guilty parties are, who benefits? The powers that be? Militarizing the police? Unless we arm their helicopters and give patrolmen stingers, how much more militarized can they possibly become?

Honestly, if this was a false flag, (I'm not saying it wasn't; I just don't know), wouldn't the powers in charge of such an operation have all the reporting under control, releasing whatever they want us to believe, feeding our appetite for vengence with their false messages?

More cameras are certain to follow, but we ourselves have seen their value. (can't believe I said that!)

One of two things is certain. Either homeland security failed miserably or worked just as planned. Perhaps Homeland Insecurity would be the better name, I dunno.

Bruce, fixed one week sentences are extreme in the case of 4thB's time-out. No one would blame any NYC resident for being traumatized by 911 and all should have been more sensitive to 4thB's reactions and realized that he was indeed traumatized by this horrible hometown event.

edited once to add third paragraph.
Last edited by Iamwhomiam on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Canadian_watcher » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:17 pm

compared2what? wrote:
elfismiles wrote:Oh FFS!

I'm sorry. I don't mean it in a personal way. I'm sure there are many reasons to like him personally.

You know that's what I think, though. I've said it before,

It really wouldn't take more than regular exposure to it to trigger a real mental/emotional breakdown in a lovely, whole ordinarily functioning person who happened to be sensitive to certain kinds of stressors. Such as, for example, terror.

(Antics of Alex Jones thread, here)

So I can't take it back. But I'm sorry for the upset/distress.

ON EDIT:

Canadian_watcher wrote:I'll second that FFS ^^

it's so cool to not like bombastic people though, really. We must all be humble and soft spoken, for that is the way of the liberals, and we're overrun with them here. Reminds me of Daily Kos not wanting any talk of alternative theories of 9/11. Good times - remember when that outraged RIers? wtf happened?

And the place where I demanded soft-spoken humility and decried disagreement was...?

Because if there isn't one, I'm not the one whose being dissent-intolerant, come on.

DUDES i'm begging you all not to edit things after you've already commented on something further down stream - it's a bad habit and confuses the issues. like last night when barracuda pulled severe shenanigans by invoking Jeff AND having a whole post of mine deleted AND then editing his own post further upthread to make it look like I'd dome something I hadn't done.

I am over this bullshit, so the only ego you are destroying at this point is your own.

Canadian_watcher

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Providence police: 'very possible' that body found is Sunil Tripathi

Sunil Tripathi went missing on 16 March and was wrongly implicated by Reddit users in the Boston Marathon bombings

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ap ... l-tripathi
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Ok obviously some of this shit went over my head, I just had a moment to read antiwar article about Misha and we dont know much about him yet, sounds like an interesting fellow and certainly could be working along the lines of an FBI informant (Hello Hal Turner) working to smoke out potential radicals by seeing who is open to such teachings by setting up shop and finding out who is most eager students are, then you can use them for whatever reason one might use such people for.

Or he might just be some nut actually radicalizing people because that is what he believes in.

Should be interesting as we learn more about this.

I am still surprised that nobody has focused in on that tweet I found from Dhzokhar wrt to his comment about the black market and how there is a shortage of an item in the black market etc, again as I pointed out that is an interesting comment because it tells me he has a black market connection and that is not something just anyone has, I bet nobody here can actually ID their local black market, I mean the real black market where bombs and arms can be found, not your local pimp or pot dealer, and it is also a well known fact that black markets in large cities like Boston are the very place FBI informants hang out and sell their wares and set up stings for entrapment. While it isnt conclusive I dont think it is a major leap of faith to assume he may have been in contact with an informant in the black market and was working with one of them, it surprises me even more that anti-war and other journalists have not zeroed in a little more on that aspect of this.

Even if it is something like Silk Road on the deep web which is a very real and legit black market in every sense, the chances of you stumbling on an FBI informant if you were to start actively looking for things on there, IMO, are very good, very good chances indeed that you would come in contact with someone of that nature in such an environment and that you could further be led on for whatever reason they do such things,toentrap you, to use you to get to others, to set you up for some sort of plot...
Hunter

Postby Simulist » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm

brainpanhandler wrote:What do you think would have been an acceptable police response?

Overall, I think what appears to have happened in Boston was an acceptable police response; moreover, much of that response may have been exemplary.

While I acknowledge that there are real conspiracies, both small and large, the readiness with which some appear eager to believe the newest one is unsettling, and perhaps even a bit embarrassing. In the end, I don't know precisely what happened behind the Boston Marathon bombings, and neither does anyone else here. It may be that facts will emerge that change my picture entirely, but as things now stand — with a mixture of open questions added to a few facts, and blended together into a mix from which some people are drawing conspiratorial conclusions — I don't see any grand "government conspiracy" in this case, at this time.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Burnt Hill » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Iamwhomiam wrote:Bruce, fixed one week sentences are extreme in the case of 4thB's time-out. No one would blame any NYC resident for being traumatized by 911 and all should have been more sensitive to 4thB's reactions and realized that he was indeed traumatized by this horrible hometown event.

I respectfully disagree, I think FBs week off was well earned and maybe good for him. I understand FB is in/from Boston, but whatever trauma he experienced doesnt give him the right to disparage others. This place isnt built for that kind of behavior, it takes away from the tenor. Truth is hard to find, and FBs behavior was a steamroller away from the truth. There are other ways and other forums to rant and express your trauma. Honestly I think think there should be more week or days off for posters that become disruptive or personally demean others, the mods here have long ropes and patience that can be misconstued as ignorance or avoidance. Whats the big deal of a week off the board? FB will come back rested and well spoken as he usually is. Reflection can be a good thing.
Burnt Hill

Postby Hunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:
Alchemy wrote:FFS I cant tell when half of you are being serious or condescending or sarcastic or just being a smart ass anymore. I wish we could all just get along here for the sake of trying to smoke out the truth here and not take others POVs so personally.

this is partly why I RARELY visit let alone post anymore. it's this strange incestuous world and like you I never know which end is up. Of course there are good people here, people who don't play those games, but the board is dominated by a few people who do play the games which I think gives newcomers the impression that they are highly intellectual and because of that perception they don't usually speak up (thank you for doing so) which then gives permission for the frivoloties to continue. it's like a master class is psy-ops, this board. (in far more ways than one)
Well I am glad its just not me. I can certainly appreciate and do enjoy humor and light hearted banter but sometimes as you say, it is really hard to know what end is up and what end is down and I have never been known as one slow on the uptake but if you dont spend a lot of time here, like all the time every minute of every fucking day, its really hard to know what is serious and what is not.

This is not an indictment on anyone in particular, I am just trying to clarify for the sake of my own curiousity and interest in truth as to wtf is going on (both on here and in Boston last week).

Thanks for at least letting me know I am not alone in being a little confused by some of this.
Last edited by Hunter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion