Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:56 pm

^^^^
the terrorism trial that killed three and injured more 260 others.

Wow! some trial.

(Gotta lament the elimination of copy editors...or maybe just the decline of reporters who can write in logical sentences.)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby FourthBase » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:41 pm

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/161281

11-20-15
“Give us Your Huddled Masses” But ….

News at Home
tags: Syria, Syrian refugees

0 0 0

by Brian Glyn Williams
Brian Glyn Williams worked for the CIA’s Counter Terrorism Center in Afghanistan and is author of The Last Warlord. The Life and Legend of Dostum, the Afghan Warrior who Led U.S. Special Forces to Overthrow the Taliban Regime. http://www.thelastwarlord.com/

"Refugees Budapest Keleti railway station 2015-09-04" by Rebecca Harms from Wendland, Germany - Ungarn September 2015. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Commons.

Perhaps no words more beautifully define who we are as a people than those etched in that emblem of American freedom that has welcomed countless immigrants to our shores, the Statue of Liberty. At its base, it reads:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

America has served as a beacon for millions over the centuries who sought freedom from tyranny, war, and oppression and dreamed of building a better life on our welcoming shores. America was created by immigrants and many of them, such as Apple founder Steve Jobs’s mother (a Syrian), disk jockey Casey Kasem, Central Command head John Abizaid, and singer Paula Abdul were Arabs who have been embraced by us and have enriched our society.

But it has not always been so and our actions have not always matched our lofty ideals. One has but to recall the anti-Irish immigrant sentiment that reared its ugly head in Boston when waves of Catholic Irish immigrants fleeing the 19th century potato famine in their homeland were greeted by “Irish need not apply” signs on storefronts to see examples of a darker side to Americans. During time of overseas war, Americans have often given into xenophobic tendencies and turned against migrants. During World War I the Justice Department made up a list of almost half a million Germans in America who were defined as “aliens,” and then imprisoned 4,000 of them as potential spies.

During World War II, the U.S. incarcerated as many as 120,000 Japanese, the majority of them American citizens, due to fears that they would act as fifth column for the Imperial Japanese Army. And during the Second World War, fear of an influx of refugees from the conflict in Europe, combined with anti-Semitism, resulted in the notorious St. Louis tragedy. In this incident a ship, the St. Louis, carrying hundreds of Jewish refugees fleeing Nazism in Europe was prevented from landing in Florida (shots were fired across its bow to keep it away and the Coast Guard was dispatched to prevent it from landing). Its passengers were sent back to Europe where many disappeared in Nazi death camps.

We now look on those actions as stains on our traditions, and we like to believe we have evolved since then.

Alas, in the last few days 31 governors have joined in the backlash against Syrian war refugees after the disclosure that one of the Paris attackers had disguised himself as one of the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. They have announced that they are refusing to accept Syrians fleeing ISIS and the war in Syria. One of the governors who has vowed to close his state’s doors to Syrian refugees, Robert Bentley of Alabama, has gone so far as to counter-factually state that there have been some “major threats against the United States after 9/11” and that “all those individuals came out of refugee programs.” These sort of bogus claims have given rise to a new hate-filled term for Syrian refugees, “refujihadis.”

This sort of fear-mongering by politicians is contradicted by the facts. Of the almost three quarters of a million refugees settled in America since the September 11th attacks, only two have been arrested for terrorism according to the Economist.

The closest thing to a refugee terrorist attack on America was the case of the Boston Marathon Bombing by two terrorists who were asylees, not refugees (as I demonstrate in my book Inferno in Chechnya, the Tsarnaevs were economic immigrants from the stable country of Kyrgyzstan who had not actually spent real time in the warzone in Chechnya).

We need to face the reality that we played a significant role in creating the refugee crisis by overthrowing the Iraqi government in 2003, which destabilized the region. We now have a moral responsibility to those who are fleeing the war zones in Iraq and Syria. In contrast, the Germans and Turks, who opposed the war, have accepted approximately 1.5 million and 2 million refugees, respectively. The American contribution to this humanitarian crisis by is to accept a mere 10,000 Syrian refugees.

The American public, governors, and members of Congress are right to demand assurances about the refugee vetting process, which, by the way, takes 18 to 24 months. But we also need to remember that the Syrian refugees are voting with their feet and running from ISIS. Surrendering to anti-immigrant impulses betrays our national heritage of inclusiveness, openness to others, and desire to share the liberties we all enjoy.

As Benjamin Franklin wrote: “Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither.”
- See more at: http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1 ... xjJqJ.dpuf

Comments
Community
Recommend
Sort by Newest

Reach And Pull
6 minutes ago
If we allow neither asylees nor refugees to be mentored online (or in person?) by you, Brian Glyn Williams, then, uh...it's a little likelier we'll be a'ight, maybe? Can we also perhaps make sure that they neither be taken under the wing at the Islamic Society of Boston, nor be tutored by a network of grievance-fostering Zinn & Chomsky understudies from the People's Republic of Cambridge, nor be grandnephews-in-law of Graham Fuller?
0 Edit Reply
Powered by Disqus
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Internet comment sections are beautifully democratic.
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Glyn Williams replied:

This conspiracy theory whack job gibberish. Enough with the lunatic fringe ranting, just to set the record straight: The Holocaust actually happened, the moon landings weren't faked, 9/11 wasn't an "inside job", and I did not "brainwash" the Boston marathon bombers via two emails.
9:28 a.m., Sunday Nov. 22

Shall we set hard feelings aside and brainstorm a savagely substantive crowdsourced response?
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:40 am

How often does an RI member get to directly engage with a suspected perp like that? Here's a chance to help me re-engage Brian Glyn Williams. Is no one interested?
FourthBase

Postby tapitsbo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:45 am

Make a list of the most salient points drudged up by this thread and paste them on all his comment sections or agitate across other platforms until he spits out some questionably tasty emergent behaviour, i.e. a revealing "rebuttal"...
tapitsbo

Postby identity » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:09 am

FourthBase » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:07 pm wrote:Glyn Williams replied:

This conspiracy theory whack job gibberish. Enough with the lunatic fringe ranting, just to set the record straight: The Holocaust actually happened, the moon landings weren't faked, 9/11 wasn't an "inside job", and I did not "brainwash" the Boston marathon bombers via two emails.
9:28 a.m., Sunday Nov. 22

He (mysteriously) forgot "Oswald was the lone assassin in Dallas" in his little list of nutjob conspiracy theories. So, yeah, please get confirmation that he approves of its inclusion there between The Holocaust and The Moon Landings.

Thanks.
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby redsock » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 pm

WEEI (Boston, Mass.):
"Prior to Monday’s annual Patriots’ Day game, Boston marathon bombing survivor Jeff Bauman and Jake Gyllenhaal threw out the ceremonial first pitches at Fenway Park. Gyllenhaal is playing Bauman in the upcoming film “Stronger.” The first pitches will be used in the actual movie."

So there is going to be a movie ......

Also, watching the game on TV, the PA guy mentioned how while still in the hospital, Bauman offered a precise description that helped the police bring the guilty parties "to justice".

Also:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/ ... story.html
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_ ... pitches_at
redsock

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:22 pm

Since following the links provided by redsock above. May I remind all to dump your cookies to avoid the paywall. I was at my limit. I don't even know when the last time I read a Boston Globe article. Don't get rid of all of them of course! Just dump the ones connected to the domain. Run a search.

I think I successfully got the Denver Post to get rid of theirs. Or had a hand in it. Don't nag me no more after my email saying there is no reason I should have to pay for journalism about a city I only want to keep up on. Anyway, just search for domain and narrow it down to the main domain and then delete.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby MinM » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:37 pm

redsock » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:10 pm wrote:WEEI (Boston, Mass.):
"Prior to Monday’s annual Patriots’ Day game, Boston marathon bombing survivor Jeff Bauman and Jake Gyllenhaal threw out the ceremonial first pitches at Fenway Park. Gyllenhaal is playing Bauman in the upcoming film “Stronger.” The first pitches will be used in the actual movie."

So there is going to be a movie ......

There's going to be 2 Boston Marathon Movies .. Gylenhaal's and Boston native Mark Wahlberg has a separate one ..

ImageMorgan Fairchild ‏@morgfair
Boston Bombing Day 1: The Stunning Stop the Killers Made After the Attack - ABC News - http://abcn.ws/1MCKypn via @ABC

@whowhatwhy

What was the true nature of the #FBI’s (or #CIA’s) relationship with the #Tsarnaev family?

http://whowhatwhy.org/2016/04/17/boston ... questions/
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby FourthBase » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:55 pm

FourthBase » 29 Aug 2015 01:19 wrote:
FourthBase » 24 May 2015 23:25 wrote:As far as better questions, here's a couple I posed in an email a few days ago to Russ Baker, who said they were good questions:

Why hasn't Peter Furth's name ever appeared in print anywhere in connection to the carjacking story of Dun/Manny/Danny Meng given that he was Meng's advisor and was also quoted in a Moskowitz article circa 2011?

Also, is there any way to find out what Meng's family does in China? Perhaps they're prominent and that's the reason why he maintained anonymity for so long?

As far as I can tell, this post will be the first place anywhere online that mentions the name Peter Furth in the context of the bombings/carjacking. All I did was google "Dun Meng" + advisor. Second result. Then I googled "Peter Furth" + Moskowitz. First result. Voila, there's the mysterious advisor who hooked "Danny" up with Fox, and the mysterious Northeastern contact who got Moskowitz the scoop. He doesn't seem all that special, just a dry urban planning academic, except maybe for his position on the staff of the Dukakis Center. Looking forward to see if Baker turns up anything of significance or not.

So, still nothing from Russ Baker re: Peter Furth. You would think that, given all the attention on WhoWhatWhy to Danny/Dun's mysterious saga especially regarding the network of handlers, finally identifying the Northeastern advisor who connected Danny/Dun to both Fox and Moskowitz would be a significant step toward puzzle-completion. I guess not? And there's no urgency to further investigate Meng's background, to search for elite family connections, and so forth? No curiosity, even?

This -- the quoted post, and this post I'm writing now -- still seems to be literally the only place in the entire fucking world which mentions Furth in the context of "Danny" and the Tsarnaevs, etc. Although, technically, there is one other place from a month after mine which nearly does so, by providing a hyperlink to the abstract with Furth's name embedded but nothing more:

http://marathon-bombing-discussion.2346 ... 6p489.html

By the way, check out that whole thread. Whatever board that is, it's fucking awesome. Puts other wannabe sleuthers to shame. For example:

Ironically (or not), it appears Meng used to live at 3_4 Ocean Drive in Revere, virtually the same address for the Saudi national that was arrested after the bombing.

What a coincidence, eh?

Still nothing from Russ Baker re: Peter Furth. I am disappointed. This thread is still the only place in the online world where Peter Furth is named as the advisor of the guy carjacked by the Tsarnaevs, as the Northeastern professor who connected Meng to both James Alan Fox and the Globe's Moskowitz. Still nothing about Meng's family back in China, who they are, what they do, how wealthy they are and why. Northeastern was an Urban Shield partner, one of the major suppliers of Urban Shield participants.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/ ... story.html

Officials from a dozen agencies had been meeting for months to plan the scenario. They behaved much like movie producers, recruiting students from Northeastern University and the Boston Police Academy to play the parts of terrorists and witnesses.

They scouted warehouses and homes around Chelsea and Winthrop that could be used as a terrorist safe house.

Maybe Baker (as well as most people here) is predisposed to assume that Furth is innocuous, you know, just a progressive egghead in a harmless field. Then again, Furth is a professor of...urban planning. What are the chances that the pool of students at Northeastern recruited for Urban Shield included the urban planning and criminology departments? What are the chances Furth and Fox were professionally familiar with some of the dozen agencies that were planning the scenario?

Russ Baker is now officially shitting the bed on all this, in my opinion. He seems to be ignoring an angle because it doesn't fit into his own ideological paradigm. Quis whowhatwhy ipsos
WhoWhatWhy?
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:48 am

[crickets]
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:47 am

Just emailed this to Baker:

"Almost a year later and it's still not noteworthy that you discovered the identity of Meng's advisor at Northeastern who connected Meng to Fox and Moskowitz? Perhaps Furth seems like an innocuous progressive egghead to you, but then again as a professor of urban planning perhaps he was involved in the planning of Urban Shield, since Northeastern was the major college partner for Urban Shield, was where Urban Shield's participants were recruited from?

Nothing worth reporting about Meng's family back in China, who they are, what they do, how wealthy they are and why? Really?"
FourthBase

Postby chump » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:14 pm

chump

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion