Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

anybody know the time AP and CNN started reporting an arrest was made?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby FourthBase » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Julian the Apostate wrote:
FourthBase wrote:Woops, my bad Julian. Director, not Grandmaster. Can you expound on the differences?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-j-willis/b/632/7a7

Kevin J. Willis's Overview

Director
Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts
December 2011 – Present (1 year 5 months) Boston

Governing body of the oldest Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons in the western hemisphere, established in 1733.
Trusts and Estates Lawyer
Ropes & Gray LLP
Partnership; 1001-5000 employees; Law Practice industry
1995 – Present (18 years)

Estate planning, estate settlement, trust administration, conservatorship and guardianship, probate litigation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Lodg ... sachusetts

(I wonder if he does any of the firm's work for Romney. Glad I'll never know.)

“Director” is not a masonic title per se. He is a member of the board of directors of Grand Lodge. This has nothing to do and is completely separate from any Masonic offices he holds, although the Board of Directors of Grand Lodge, as you can imagine, tends to be comprised of the more accomplished masons.

Thanks Julian. I can, indeed, imagine.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Julian the Apostate » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

seemslikeadream wrote:anybody know the time AP and CNN started reporting an arrest was made?

I think it was around 1pm
Julian the Apostate

Postby divideandconquer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Dear serfs, please believe in how much you need your concerned and helpful corporate/bankster leaders to provide you with all the security you'll ever want and need to protect you from all these terrible tragedies.. the proof is in the drills that always accompany these calamities...we're always prepared. Oh, and don't cook, operate any machinery, dispose of your garbage, pack a duffel bag, carry a backpack, attend sporting events, .... Just stay in your home, pull down the blinds, watch TV, eat candy, prepackaged junk and GMO food, drink beer, and take your meds... :evilgrin

Anyway, either the FBI has no idea how to do real investigative work, or they are participating in a attention-diverting, control-legitimizing "strategy of tension" so that their masters can continue to wind the noose of fascism around our collective necks. The majority of the people in the U.S. already believe that we are in danger from terrorists and that we need all of these draconian laws to protect us. Meanwhile the real terrorists are busy behind the scenes furthering the illegal wars around the world, PASSING CISPA, setting up scapegoat groups as "enemies" of the state--gays, smokers, Muslims, patriots, conspiracy theorists, loners, blacks, Jews, the poor, home schooling moms, immigrants, etc-- plundering the already insolvent economy, human-trafficking and drug running, and God knows what else...meanwhile we're all distracted by these ongoing calamities, immersing ourselves in whodunit after whodunit.

We KNOW for a fact that the FBI uses and sets up trained, and even more likely, untrained, marginalized "dumb and dumber" type informants. A report by Mother Jones and the Investigative Reporting Program at the University of California-Berkley analyses provided some striking statistics about the role of FBI informants in terrorism cases that the Bureau has targeted in the decade since the September 11 attacks.
"At this point there are only two possibilities. Either the Boston bombing was a false-flag, or it was a real act of terror. Personally, I am leaning towards false-flag; we are just waiting to see who (other than Muslims) gets framed for it. But if this was a genuine act of terror, what it tells us is that DHS, TSA, FBI, CIA, the Fusion centers, are all a complete waste of taxpayer money. All the databases, all the warrantless scanning of our emails, social media, phone calls, all the crotch-grabbing, cameras, microphones, GPS tracking, naked scanners, were totally and completely useless. Even the bomb sniffing dogs, on site in Boston supposedly for a training incident, failed to sniff the bombs. From top to bottom, the entire security industrial complex laid a big fat egg on this one. They failed, simply and utterly. And therefore, there is no more justification for the people of the United States to put up with this erosion of our Constitutional rights. Simply on the basis of total incompetence, Boston justifies the firing of the Federal government." -- Mike Rivero
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby Julian the Apostate » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 pm

FourthBase wrote:
Julian the Apostate wrote:
FourthBase wrote:Woops, my bad Julian. Director, not Grandmaster. Can you expound on the differences?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-j-willis/b/632/7a7

Kevin J. Willis's Overview

Director
Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts
December 2011 – Present (1 year 5 months) Boston

Governing body of the oldest Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons in the western hemisphere, established in 1733.
Trusts and Estates Lawyer
Ropes & Gray LLP
Partnership; 1001-5000 employees; Law Practice industry
1995 – Present (18 years)

Estate planning, estate settlement, trust administration, conservatorship and guardianship, probate litigation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Lodg ... sachusetts

(I wonder if he does any of the firm's work for Romney. Glad I'll never know.)

“Director” is not a masonic title per se. He is a member of the board of directors of Grand Lodge. This has nothing to do and is completely separate from any Masonic offices he holds, although the Board of Directors of Grand Lodge, as you can imagine, tends to be comprised of the more accomplished masons.

Thanks Julian. I can, indeed, imagine.

I should clarify that by more accomplished, I mean more accomplished masonically and having devoted a substantial amount of time to the craft. For example, Mr Willis is a Past Master of Mount Horeb Lodge in Woburn, a past District Deputy Grand Master (which is the representative of the Grand Master to the several lodges that comprise a district), and currently Grand Lecturer. That is what I meant by accomplished. It has nothing to do with what you are in your personal life, at least, it isn’t supposed to, although the two sometimes go hand in hand.
Julian the Apostate

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:40 pm

http://gawker.com/5994911/marathon-bomb ... -not-exist

Marathon Bombing Suspect Has Been Arrested and Is In Custody But Has Not Been Arrested and May Not Exist

This is what has been happening on cable news for the past few hours: After insisting that they had confirmation from two separate sources that an arrest had been made in the marathon bombing, and while ignoring reports from nearly every other source that said otherwise, CNN was forced to admit that there were then three sources telling them that no arrest had been made and just recently changed their report status to "conflicted." Meanwhile, there were several different descriptions of the "suspect" that was never identified in the first place in is not at all in custody but might be for all we know.

The below piece [thoughtful as it may be in some respects] makes NO mention of the millions of civilians/children killed every year OUTSIDE of the U.S.

http://gawker.com/5994826/we-are-all-cowards-now

We Are All Cowards Now
The most common refrain you hear in the wake of tragedies like Monday's Boston Marathon bombing is also the one that sounds most like a redneck bumper sticker: "Don't be scared." In an interview with the Washington Post yesterday, author and security expert Bruce Schneier said the appropriate response to terrorist violence is to face it fearlessly: "If you are scared, they win. If you refuse to be scared, they lose, no matter how much carnage they commit."

President Obama echoed the cliche on Tuesday, in his second speech on the Boston attacks, saying Americans "refuse to be terrorized," and that we we will respond to this latest blow "selflessly, compassionately, not afraid."

Unfortunately, as is the case with most of our political platitudes, fewer Americans than one would like are living up to the ideals touted in our impassioned speeches. Heroes are never in short supply in a catastrophe, of course, but neither are cowards and egoists and creeps who have decided to wallow in melodrama and fear, restless miserablists whose only mile-markers in life are the tragedies that have befallen them. Enough.

It's been sad to see, for instance, how quickly the bombs in Boston have led us into the same modes of thought and reactionary patterns that darkened America when the smoke cleared from 9/11. Literally moments after two explosions sent Copley Square into panic and chaos, when only the bomber himself had any idea what was happening, a spectator still thought it his duty to take down an Arab man he'd in that instant deemed suspicious. At airports, where our post-9/11 fears are at their most palpable, people were similarly anxious and lizard-brained. Part of New York LaGuardia was evacuated for an hour Tuesday morning when travelers got spooked by some loose wires sticking out of a light fixture. Then, at Boston's Logan Airport, two people speaking Arabic were asked to disembark a plane while authorities inspected a piece of luggage they thought was shady. Once again, the investigation would reveal that neither Arabic speaker had done anything wrong.

Our media, the people who are supposed to analyze and explain the contours of disaster when it strikes, has been as hamfisted as anyone who lunges at the first Arab he sees in time of crisis. While some outlets like the New York Post were reporting total falsehoods, Alex Jones used his pedestal to pawn off more of his emotionally unstable ramblings as political thought. Even the New York Times' Nicholas Kristof took the marathon bombing for his cue to rail against the GOP. All of this was perfectly nauseating, but the worst of the lot was the treacly fearmongering disguised as eulogy.

In a National Journal piece bearing the leading headline, "Why Boston Bombings Might Be Scarier Than 9/11," Ron Fournier attempted to make the case that the real collateral devastation of Monday's bombing is Americans not feeling safe in their private lives anymore. "It's one thing—a dastardly, evil thing—to strike symbols of economic and military power," wrote Fournier. "It's another to hit the heart of America. Death at the finish line in Boston makes every place (and everybody) less secure." At the end of the piece, after attempting to weave together several disjointed ideas, Fournier throws in this grim and strained non sequitur: "Today, officials identified the 8-year-old boy killed at the finish line. His name was Martin Richard. He left a world unworthy of him."

Shortly after Fournier's piece went live, columnist Anne Taylor Fleming followed with her own sky-is-falling take at Reuters, with prose so purple Prince might write a song about it. This article was called, "With the Boston bombing, fear returns," and it, too, namedrops 9/11 to suggest that the world is terrifying, and we should be terrified.

We cannot keep our children safe. Yes, we can tell them they are good people and bad people, etc. etc. But we cannot keep them safe. That is the new reality. An eight-year-old boy died on the streets of Boston where he had gone to hug his father at the end of the race. This is your country now.

Presumably Fleming meant we can tell our children "THERE are good people and bad people," because surely we mustn't tell our children they are bad people. But that sort of typo is to be expected in a time when so many people are rushing to vomit out their nervousness and pass it off as analysis. I'm not sure if this world was unworthy of Martin Richard, but I am quite certain most of the half-baked requiems casually invoking him over and over in order to construct a neo-September 11 narrative are unworthy of his memory.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that some people have been behaving this week as if they wanted America to suffer another major terrorist attack, but the speed with which some have come forward to suggest that this is our new 9/11 has been ugly and disconcerting. Last year dozens of people—many of them children—were slaughtered wholesale in a movie theater and elementary school, and yet there was no Ron Fournier piece calling Newtown scarier than 9/11 because we could no longer feel safe going about our daily lives. Fournier's new article also fails to adequately explain his main thesis that the Boston bombing was any more personal than 9/11, when people doing something as quotidian as flying on planes were smashed into people doing something as quotidian as going to work.

Worth noting, and not to denigrate the victims of the marathon bombing, nor the losses of their families, is that despite the pandemonium around the Boston attacks, ultimately—and blessedly—only three people died. According to one estimate, at least four times more American children die each year when their parents pray to god for their illnesses to go away rather than getting them proper medical attention. And yet we don't say that every year these nutty Christian sects are allowed to operate within America is "scarier than 9/11." The Oklahoma City Bombing killed nearly 200 and injured almost 700, but nobody is staring skeptically at white men across the aisles of planes, the pale visage of Timothy McVeigh forever haunting their inner-thoughts with memories of the evils your average white guy can commit.

Knowing America, it will—and should—forever acknowledge and remember the three people killed and dozens injured in Monday's godawful bombing. But when will we learn to be wary of the conditioned responses we've fallen into the way we're wary of suspicious packages? When will we stop the fear-baiting and admit that incidents of terrorism are exceedingly rare? When will we stop tackling Arab people at the first sign of trouble, ignoring how alienating that might be to an Arab who previously had no problem with Americans? When will we stop arbitrarily holding violent incidents up to 9/11 to see how the two compare in macabre and stupid thought experiments? When will we stop using dead children to convince everyone they should be scared, because the world is scary? We can talk about fearlessness in the face of violence all we'd like, but as long as we continue doing the above without question, it's obvious to everyone, terrorists included, that we are scared as all hell.

Refusing to be frightened, as Bruce Schneier suggests we do, is easy when all that means to you is writing "Pray for Boston" on your Facebook wall or putting up a plaque in honor of the victims. It becomes a lot harder when you see it as asking you to continue walking your kid through public squares crowded with trash cans and other people's backpacks, teaching them to see a world in which there's not another 9/11 around every corner.

http://gawker.com/5994966/jon-stewarts- ... g-worth-it

CNN's reporting of an arrest having been made in connection with Monday's Boston Marathon bombing turned out to be stupendously wrong, but at least it allowed Jon Stewart to do what he does best: Tear into a so-called news network for royally screwing up its one job.

After pointing out that CNN's "exclusive reporting" is only exclusive "because it was completely fucking wrong," Stewart asks the network's reporters if "any of your sources end their tip-offs to you with the phrase ‘Ba ba booey?'"

He goes on to mock CNN for taking an entire hour to walk all the way back from its incorrect arrest report before concluding with this:

We're accustomed to 24 hour news networks thriving on conflict. Generally, though, that conflict is between two outside parties-political opponents, pundits-but CNN's reporters have discovered that they can remove the middle man and spend hours of programming fighting amongst themselves. They have figured out a way to shit in their own mouths.

CNN has become the Human Centipede of News.

For what it's worth, at least one CNN source who spoke with Business Insider seems to agree with Stewart. "As I think everyone knows, we really fucked up," the source is quoted as saying.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-a ... me-in-news
Belligerent Savant

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm

A couple of observations:
1) I'm no fan of "the media", but it might be possible that CNN either got it right, or was made to get it wrong on purpose.
2) This could very well be a false false flag.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Well scratch the middle eastern youth off the suspect list(no surprise here)

MIDDLE EASTERN YOUTH IN PHOTO INNOCENT
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/teen-bost ... XBHEvIufev

The guy in the blue jacket has come forth saying he's innocent, which of course means his friend is innocent.
That leaves for the internet sleuths, the Kazynski looking guy, the kid running(tho that could be a red herring)
and well...whats with the two craft security goons looking on as the backpack is right there in front of them?

Really curious how the two runner looking Middle Eastern guys are the "main suspects" to the media and feds
http://www.businessinsider.com/salah-ba ... Insider%29

when there's a guy who looks even more suspicious(exact same backpack, not looking at racers) but even he could be innocent

Just feels like a racial double standard. Where's Richard Jewel when you need him? :)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby elfismiles » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:48 pm

Meet The Two Immigrant Runners Wrongly Fingered As "Possible Suspects" In The Boston Marathon Bombing
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/run ... cts-875362

Teen: I Am Not the Boston Marathon Bomber
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/teen-bost ... XBAY7WcdXa
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby happenstance » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:09 pm

"Barhoum, a Moroccan immigrant who attends Revere High School outside Boston, apparently became aware yesterday that his photo was being linked to the bomb plot."

Huh, I figured the public police visit to a Revere address Monday night must have been this kid but apparently he only learned yesterday?
happenstance

Postby elfismiles » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 pm

happenstance wrote:"Barhoum, a Moroccan immigrant who attends Revere High School outside Boston, apparently became aware yesterday that his photo was being linked to the bomb plot."

Huh, I figured the public police visit to a Revere address Monday night must have been this kid but apparently he only learned yesterday?

I just had a deja vu moment ... anywho - I think that Revere address was related to the Saudi student?
elfismiles

Postby happenstance » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:22 pm

So all the suspects who aren't involved live in Revere. Got it. :)
happenstance

Postby dbcooper41 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:32 pm

i know i'm a conspiracy kind of guy but i voted false flag as soon as.
1-immediate quality footage of the event.
2-news folks(including night entertainment shows) focused heavily on the kids who were hurt, and the newtown kids attending.
3- they called it "twin bombings"
4-and the real kicker was the ricin bullshit.
add in the obvious disinfo/confusion effort, texas explosions, bomb scares around the country.
etc.
we're being played by "them".

btw, what happened to Korea? last i heard we were on the brink of ww3 and now, not a peep.
dbcooper41

Postby elfismiles » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 pm

happenstance wrote:So all the suspects who aren't involved live in Revere. Got it. :)

LOL ... I didn't realize there was a community named Revere ... just thought there was an apartment complex named that and apparently the high-school.

Bombs at Boston Marathon were made from pressure cookers and ... 2 days ago – The homemade bombs behind the Boston Marathon carnage were created ... The Ocean Shores Tower apartment complex in Revere, Mass., ...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1317904

Revere apartment search after bombing... - WCVB.com
2 days ago – The search of a Revere apartment building hours after the Marathon bombing was a dead end, sources told NewsCenter 5.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1317904
elfismiles

Postby happenstance » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes, Revere MA is famous for Kelly's Roast Beef, the Necco candy factory, The Wonderland Greyhound Park, and used to be in the news quite a bit for having beaches with needles washing up on shore all the time
happenstance

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion