FourthBase wrote:Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line
by FourthBase » 11 May 2013 03:36
viewtopic.php?p=502749#p502749justdrew wrote:FourthBase wrote:justdrew wrote:FourthBase wrote:(I love Cryptogon, and I was pleased to see the Patriot Ledger link to the mysterious Quincy plane/drone at the top of Cryptogon, but hey, "HPLovecraft666", whoever you are, lurker or alias of some regular: At least give a general credit to the RI board in general, next time, okay? Thanks!)
small planes fly in circles all the time (well from time to time) - it's probably someone working on getting their pilots license. Also, they provide no reason whatsoever to believe it's the same plane for 6-10 hours, likely it's different ones or different flights of the same plane. but congratulations to the wingnut paranoid right, they've launched another floater in to the info-toilet.
Private-Plane Owners Can’t Keep Flight Plan Secret, FAA Says
Are you joking? You have got to be joking. Please tell me you're joking.
This was a local news story, dude. Saw it on news. Looked it up. Posted link.
Then someone tips off Cryptogon. Now it's a right-wing disinfo dookie? LOL.
These people in Quincy know what a small plane is. They're not stupid.
They know when something is weird and out-of-the-ordinary.
it was a story because a rumor campaign started around trainee pilots getting their hours in. Then they campaigned to pester the local station until they did a story about it. All of a sudden people start looking up and noticing what's been there all along. A common thing man. A textbook Influencing Operation.
You are so, so, so purely speculating. Ridiculously so.
The common people of Quincy are noticing weird plane-type shit.
All of the officials -- ALL OF THEM -- say "NTSHMA", and...
You're linking to some 2010 random crap, i.e. NTSHMA.
Quit it. Think better.
... and ...
justdrew wrote:Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line
by justdrew » 11 May 2013 03:43
you're acting like a kitten and the operators have a laser pointer.
Can't you see how easy it is to gin this up? The link shows you that this is a part of normal flight training. Most likely form a nearby smaller airport. The flight plans are no doubt available. In the news story there's not mention one of looking for flight plans. It is not the officials job to hunt down every non-event story and hold hands while they walk who knows how many people stirred up by this rumor through a complete understanding of the world around them.
I have witnessed exactly the same circle flying here in PDX in the late 90s. If I went and stared at the sky for awhile I could probably see the same thing again. They're relatively low and slow and won't be visible unless you have the right vantage in the right parts of the city.
ok, not a trainee, looking down the comments, from yesterday we find:yoyolandre | 1 day ago
it never amazes me to see how vocal some people can be. From my personal experience, it's unfortunately people unencumbered by the weight of knowledge or thoughtfulness who are the most vocal.
so here are a few *FACTS*...
1) One of the aircrafts circling was, as Mike Gund said, a Cessna 182T, Tail # N906TM. it is *NOT* a drone. There were, however, more than 1 plane. How do I know the tail # ? I took a picture of it Thursday evening....
2) it has what looks like a camera attachment behind the left main gear, which suggests that this aircraft was doing some sort of surveillance of the area. it could be a variety of things, but an educated guess would point to visual and / or IR surveillance of the area for unusual activity. for example, pot-growing operations generate a lot of heat. these were cool days, so a large heat signature would be easily picked up.
3) when contacted for information, the mayor's office was forthcoming in that they weren't fully aware of what was going on, BUT they were meeting with the FAA yesterday to see what was going on. The call was returned stating the plane was performing some sort of surveillance for a federal law enforcement department and no further information was available.
4) the surveillance could have been done with better cooperation from local authorities by informing the mayor's office and local police of the activities ahead of time, which would have allowed for a better message delivered to constituents.
5) People saw something, said something and got an answer. it may not be an answer we like, but it's an answer.
6) The Democrats, the marathon bombers, whitey and the UN have nothing to do with this.
I'm actually rather satisfied with the answer we got and laud the mayor's office for taking action when constituents reached out to ask questions. and no, I didn't even vote for Koch.
so for now, I'll enjoy the rainy weather and the return of the normal hum of the city outside my windows.
... from my friend's UFO site with links in original:
Quincy, MA, Drone Plane UFO Identified
3 days ago - By Harold Daniel to UFO News
There have been various news reports and interest regarding an unidentified aircraft flying circles above Quincy, Massachusetts, for hours at a time. It has been identified, although the purpose of the flight remains unknown. And it's not a drone, or a UFO.
As reported and shown on Boston.com, it has been photographed and the tail number has been identified.
The tail number, N906TM, which can be seen in one photo, is registered to a company called RKT Productions. The only information that could be found on the company is a post office box in Bristow, Va.
Comments by readers lead to the identity of the likely true owner of the plane.
"RKT Productions' address is a maildrop in Bristow, VA. So I searched all other planes registered in Bristow (FAA Registry)... Notice there's a bunch of Cessna C182s with sequential serial numbers registered to what sounds like dummy corporations, including one registered to "Northwest Aircraft Leasing Corp." Searching that leads to: Mystery Planes Getting Around (Wired.com) Looks like there's surveillance going on, and the FBI-related companies behind them moved from Newark, DE to Bristow, VA. Now you know."
"cryptospec1" provides a link to a tweet from August 13, announcing the arrival of the plane:
FBI Cessna Skyhawk N906TM inbound to Norwood Memorial Airport.
The Wired article was written in 2006, so this type of surveillance by the FBI is nothing new.
I'm providing this information here because I noticed a lot of web traffic looking for information about the aircraft in Quincy.
https://www.sightingsreport.com/blog_po ... identified