Is TO mayor Rob Ford involved in a drug-related murder?!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is TO mayor Rob Ford involved in a drug-related murder?!

Postby beeline » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:55 pm

[imgur-album]http://i.imgur.com/A9kLO2v.jpg[/imgur-album]
beeline

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says 'I smoked a lot’ of marijuana

Elizabeth Church And Adrian Morrow

Toronto — The Globe and Mail

Published Wednesday, Aug. 28 2013, 1:47 PM EDT

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he has smoked “a lot” of marijuana, but did not provide details about when that drug use took place.

Mr. Ford’s comments follow those made by federal Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau who told reporters last week he smoked pot as recently as three years ago.

Since Mr. Trudeau’s revelation last week, politicians have reacted on all sides on whether to decriminalize the drug. While federal Justice Minister Peter MacKay scolded Mr. Trudeau for flouting the nation’s laws after taking office, others have said his actions simply do not matter.

Liberal leader Justin Trudeau pauses while speaking to the media during a meet and greet at English Bay in Vancouver, B.C., on Thursday July 25, 2013.

Taking questions from reporters after a campaign-style lunchtime address Wednesday, Mr. Ford was asked if he had used pot. “Oh yeah,” he said chuckling. “I won’t deny that. I smoked a lot of it.”

Mr. Ford was at a loss to explain the recent flurry of attention on politicians' marijuana use. “I don’t know why they are all coming out. You’ll have to ask them,” he said.

Toronto’s mayor has been asked questions about his drug use before, but Mr. Ford usually refuses to comment. Earlier this year, Mr. Ford faced allegations that he was shown on video smoking crack cocaine. He denied the allegations saying “I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine.”

Also Wednesday, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne says the choice to smoke marijuana is a “personal decision,” and that the nation should have a debate on whether to legalize the drug.

Ms. Wynne said Wednesday she “very, very infrequently” smoked marijuana in her youth and that she has not partaken in 35 years. And she said she would not pass judgment on Mr. Trudeau.

“These are personal decisions that people make,” she said before heading into an afternoon cabinet meeting. “I’m not going to weigh in on a decision of another politician or individual.”

Ms. Wynne said that she has not smoked the drug since before her first child was born, and that her use was slight.

“I have smoked marijuana, but not for the last 35 years,” she said. “I anticipated this question, and I was trying to work out when the last time would have been. [I smoked] very, very infrequently, and certainly not since my children were born. My eldest is 33, so I’m thinking 35 years. It has never been a big part of my life.”

She would not take sides on the debate over the drug’s future – Mr. Trudeau supports legalization – but said it was a good thing the issue has been raised.

“That’s one of those discussions that we’re going to have to have… it is a federal issue, but it’s something that we all will have to weigh in on,” she said. “It’s one of those contentious subjects that we need to debate. It’s good that it’s been raised, I think that it’s an important debate to have, but I’m not going to weigh in on one side or the other.”

While the Criminal Code is solely a federal matter, the Ontario government would be affected by any decision on marijuana, as Queen’s Park oversees prisons and police. Ms. Wynne said the effect would have to be further analyzed before her government could make any pronouncement on it.

“I don’t have that analysis available to me. I think it’s a discussion that we have to have, I think it’s a good thing that it has been raised,” she said. “But I’m not going to pretend that I can do that analysis on the fly. I think all those questions needs to be asked, and they need to be asked in the context of the debate at the federal level.”
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Police: Toronto Mayor Met With Accused Drug Dealer 100 Times

New court documents released

By Andrew Katz @katzOct. 31, 20131 Comment

Police documents released Thursday reveal that Toronto’s embattled mayor was photographed in more than 100 secret meetings with an accused drug dealer over the past six months.

The documents are from the months-long investigation and recent drug-related arrest of Alexander “Sandro” Lisi, a friend of the Mayor Rob Ford, the Globe and Mail reports. Ford has repeatedly denied using crack cocaine — and tussled with reporters — since May, when the Toronto Star and Gawker reported they were approached with a mobile video of him doing so. Ford didn’t comment when a judge ruled the documents should be released, but his brother said he’s “not worried at all” and is “the most honest politician in this country.”

Reporters in Toronto have been granted access to the documents (below) by an Ontario judge and are poring through them. Robyn Doolittle, a Star reporter, tweeted a surveillance photograph released as part of the investigation.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby NaturalMystik » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:09 pm

Rob Ford video showing alleged crack use in police hands

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford appears in a video recovered by police during the Project Traveller investigation, police Chief Bill Blair said today after Ford's friend and occasional driver was arrested on an extortion charge.

Blair said a video seized during an investigation contains images of Ford that have been described by media outlets, an apparent reference to an alleged video that shows Ford smoking crack cocaine.

“We have recovered a digital video file, which is consistent with that which had previously been described in various media reports, and that file forms part of the evidence of the charge that we have laid today,” Blair said.

"I think it’s fair to say that the mayor does appear in that video, but I’m not going to get into the detail of what activity is depicted on that video," said Blair, who added that he was disappointed at the contents of the video.

Blair made the shocking revelation Thursday, the same day court documents were released detailing some of the evidence they used to obtain search warrants for Ford friend Alexander Lisi on drug charges.

Blair said Thursday Lisi is now also facing an extortion charge.

While Blair confirmed the video exists, he said it does not contain enough evidence to lay charges against Ford.

The 300-page document released Thursday details evidence police collected in order to get a search warrant for Lisi, who is also known as Alessandro or Sandro, on drug charges.

Read the documents by clicking on the link below.

The document runs 474 pages, with long redactions.

It includes police notes with surveillance of Lisi's contact with Ford.

The photos in the documents show Ford and Lisi meeting on several occasions and exchanging more than one package.

The documents begin with information from media stories on U.S. website Gawker and the Toronto Star about the alleged video, which appears to show Ford smoking crack cocaine. It also includes a now-famous photo of Ford standing in the driveway of a north Toronto home along with four young men.

One of those men was fatally shot earlier this year and the other two men were arrested as part of Project Traveller.

Earlier Thursday, prior to the release of the documents, Ford got into an angry shouting match with reporters in the driveway of his home. You can watch video of that exchange here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/r ... -1.2303146
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby Fresno_Layshaft » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:07 pm

After today's big "announcement" on his radio show, it appears the Mayor is daring the police to release the crack video (he appears not to know the police have multiple videos of him now). We all know he's a drunkard and a buffoon, but is really stupid enough to try and antagonize the police who are amassing a huge evidence against him and his associates? Is there something else at play here? I think the police are closing in on him and he will be arrested before christmas.

Are there any TO RIers who have any sources in the press, who know any of the rumours going around? The Editor of the Star said there are many more "bombshells" to come.

I wish there was more discussion here about this case. Its hard to find intelligent speculation on what forces are actually at play here.
Nothing will Change.
Fresno_Layshaft

Postby NaturalMystik » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Should be interesting to watch... Whenever this story seems to loose momentum a major bombshell drops. What's next?

It does seem as though there are more videos, which I guess is at least part of the reason why Ford won't refer to the video in question. He doesn't know which one they have and doesn't want to further incriminate himself.

It was pretty shocking to see Blair speaking out at the recent press conference. Maybe Ford doesn't own the entire police department.

I really felt like this was all going to disappear, but it's already gone much further than I expected, especially with Ford Nation support seemingly at an all time high.

Any thoughts on the synchronicity in timing this latest bombshell to coincide with the start of the conservative conference, while they are battling their own scandals?

NaturalMystik

Postby norton ash » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Hardehar... he just admitted in a live press scrum... " I have smoked crack, it was in one of my drunken stupors."
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby MinM » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Rob Ford is trolling Jeff Wells nowIf you remember who Jeff Wells is.
@HannahThibedeau: Rob Ford, "I wasn't lying, you didn't ask the correct questions." #cdnpoli #hw
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Nordic » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:14 pm

MinM » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:30 pm wrote:Rob Ford is trolling Jeff Wells nowIf you remember who Jeff Wells is.
@HannahThibedeau: Rob Ford, "I wasn't lying, you didn't ask the correct questions." #cdnpoli #hw

I think Jeff Wells might be having a pretty happy day.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Yeah, I think he votes for these guys so he won't run out of juicy material to write about!

What a buffoon! He should have admitted he was addicted to crack long ago and was seeking treatment. At least that would have won him some sympathy from a few. Lousy politician, for sure. Like being in a "drunken stupor" is not a bad thing in and of itself??
Iamwhomiam

Postby stoneonstone » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm sure Jeff is somewhat diverted, as I am, with this and the Senate scandal cliff Ottawa.

I have to say that Jon Stewart's two and a half on Rob Ford was as blisteringly take-no-prisoners as anything I've seen him do. I almost think that the cock-sucking joke was too much, and pushed the resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1dzpgLQHKM

The Ford brothers can't take that kind of ridicule. And Doug Ford's morning offensive against the chief of police for restrained comments wasn't going that well through he day.

The Fords are over-privileged, coddled idiots. And I mean it, they are below the norm for intelligence. And they have done this dance so many times.

Part of the creep of fascism is the lack of shame and ignoring criticism. Even though the mayor in an Ontario city isn't really that powerful, the complete lack of any societal control on these two shows that the dark zeitgeist is afoot again.
stoneonstone

Postby Laodicean » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Yo, Wombat better recognize. :eeyaa
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:40 pm

http://www.vice.com/read/rob-fords-offi ... crack-tape

Rob Ford’s Office Hired a Hacker to Destroy the Crack Tape

By Patrick McGuire

In late July, an anonymous source approached VICE with claims that he had been hired to hack into a website by Amin Massoudi, the communications director for Toronto's troubled mayor, Rob Ford.

More specifically, the source—who will be referred to as “the hacker” from here on out—said he was asked by Amin to crack the password of a private online directory that allegedly contained a digital copy of the now infamous footage of Mayor Ford smoking a substance out of a crack pipe. Ford has, up until this past Sunday, publicly doubted the existence of the video.

VICE acquired a log of emails that, according to the hacker, detail his correspondence with Amin from May 18 to May 31 of this year. When contacted by VICE, the hacker confirmed the validity of these emails by showing us the transcript, but also said it was a little more complicated than it seemed. He agreed to talk if we would preserve his identity, as publishing it would incriminate him.

In case you aren’t caught up on the intoxicated calamity that is Rob Ford’s contemporary existence, today he bluntly admitted to having smoked crack cocaine in a “drunken stupor.” This insane bombshell comes after last week’s statement from Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair, who confirmed that the crack tape Gawker and the Toronto Star reported on does indeed exist and contains footage that is “consistent” with their reports that claim the video shows Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine. Ford also appeared on his weekly radio show this past Sunday to apologize to the City of Toronto and asked for the crack tape to be released to the public “immediately.”

In light of these recent developments, we believe that now is the time to publish portions of Amin and the hacker’s arrangement, after initially receiving the emails in July, for the benefit of public interest.

The correspondence he sent us outlines his own attempt, under Amin’s orders, to break into an online storage account hosted by Bugs3, a free hosting service with “unlimited space.” VICE was able to verify the existence of the account, which was registered under http://goonies.bugs3.com. At the time VICE became aware of the correspondence, the site was up. It has since been taken offline.

The “goonies” subdomain may refer to Dixon St. Goonies, the name of a street gang that was heavily targeted in the massive sweep of drug dealers and gang members that ripped through Toronto in August—a sweep that included a raid on the house where the crack tape was filmed.

The correspondence between the hacker and Amin begins with an email sent from the latter’s City of Toronto email address. That first message, sent from Amin to the hacker on May 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM, two days after Gawker’s story broke, reads:

"Got something I want you to look into. Think you probably know what’s been reported. What’s the best way we can talk… T said you might be able to help us again."

Despite this email being sent from a City of Toronto email address, it cannot be verified by City Hall. This is a direct result of Amin’s promotion to spokesman and communications director that occurred on May 27. On May 18, when this email appears to have been sent, he was still working for Councillor Doug Ford, Rob Ford's brother. Here’s what the City of Toronto says about Amin’s emails that were sent before his promotion:

“With respect to Amin Massoudi's email records please be advised that all records prior to Mr. Massoudi commencing work in the mayor's office on May 27th are considered Councilor [Doug] Ford's personal constituency records. These records are not in the City's custody or control. Thus access cannot be provided."

Doug Ford did not respond to VICE’s request for comment.

Unfortunately, verifying this one email through City Hall is the only thing that would prove the transcript's legitimacy beyond a shadow of a doubt. VICE believes the transcript to be real. The hacker says he doesn't have the long-form email headers from this conversation because he destroyed the account before deciding to disclose the information to VICE.

VICE exhaustively compared the emails allegedly from Massoudi with public notes and comments Massoudi left on his Facebook profile. Both were rife with grammatical errors, poor spelling, and had a similar tendency to overuse elipses. Since Friday, Massoudi refused to respond to several voicemails and emails from VICE asking him to tell his side of the story.

As for the content of the email itself, the hacker told VICE that T stands for Mark Towhey, Ford’s former chief of staff who has been cooperating with the Toronto Police since he was fired on May 23. On Friday, news broke that Towhey has hinted at a link between the murder of Anthony Smith and the crack tape, which Smith’s friends have said they believe was stored on his cell phone at the time of his death. Mark Towhey also refused to provide his side of the story, by ignoring multiple requests from VICE for comment.

During one of our interviews with the hacker in August, he told us that Amin and Ford were certain the goonies directory was the last and only place the video existed because the phone used to film the crack tape was “gone,” a statement the hacker alleged Amin made to him in a text message.

According to the transcript received by VICE, immediately after Amin sent the first email from his official @toronto.ca government email address, he fired off another, informing the hacker he was going to create a new email address.

The next email was sent to the hacker from a Yahoo account that has since been deleted: “Hey, it’s Amin,” he writes—a clumsy introduction that spooked the hacker, who responds:

"Man… half my point was to keep this discrete, makes it hard to do when you drop your first name in the email.. smh [sic]

Anyways, what’s up… what’s goin on with this story? Is it true? and if so..WTF?!"

This exchange was sent on May 19, three days after Gawker broke the story that their editor-in-chief, John Cook, had viewed a video of Rob Ford smoking what appears to be crack, alongside convicted crack dealers, in a trap house.

Amin responded quickly, first by apologizing for compromising the supposedly top-secret situation:

"Oops… well just delete it I guess.

Anyhow, as of now I can’t confirm if the video is real or not we’d heard there was something floating around..

the big guy said someone was trying to blackmail him about a month ago but just told us it was about weed.

I know he’s got some habits, but this would surprise me if it’s really true.

Talked to him again this morning and he mentioned a site or something and a vid on it.. he wanted to know if we know any lowkey computer people who could help us find it.

We need absolute secrecy, but he’s willing to hook them up nicely. I’ll tell you more soon if you think there’s a chance you can help"

When the hacker asked, specifically, what kind of services Amin was looking for, Amin responded, referring to the Bugs3 server with the goonies subdomain:

"Do you know how to delete something from a website’s server? or do you know someone who does?

I can get you the site address to take a look if you think it’s possible, we’re just looking at options now."

The hacker wasn’t entirely confident that he could do the job:

"Damn.. uh, ya technically it's possible, but I'd have to know what the site is & see it...etc. If not myself, I got a buddy who probably can help."

About a week passed with little chatter between Amin and the hacker. Then, on May 27, two days after the Globe & Mail ran a story detailing Doug Ford’s past as a midlevel hash dealer in Etobicoke, Ontario, the hacker reached out to Amin with a new subject line, “Holy Shit!!,” continuing:

"Just got back & am catchin up on the news from weekend.. wtf goin on there too? cleaning house? damn.

And this hash empire story in the Globe!? lmao.. l haven't had good hash in a long time, got any links?

l got a friend comin over tmo & who's good at this sort of thing. Don't worry, I won't say a word either: )

Gawker raised the $ too.. so what's the plan now?"

By this time the crack-tape scandal had reached a fever pitch. A story about the Ford family’s history with violence and drug dealing was emerging from the Globe & Mail at the same time that Gawker had raised $200,000 to buy the tape from Toronto gangsters.

Things must have been hectic in the mayor’s office at the time, as Amin’s next email sent on May 27 illustrated:

"Sorry, it’s been a busy day, just got away. Yes, it’s been a madhouse here.

The closets are being emptied of skeletons all over it seems. I’ve never seen the bros this pissed off before.

Like I said, don’t worry about the Gawker thing. If a video ever comes out, it’s not coming out that way."

Amin also addressed claims Ford had made on May 24, dismissing the possibility that he had used crack cocaine, adding he could not comment on a video “that I have never seen or does not exist.”

"I had nothing to do with that statement but it was one of the worst things I've ever heard. And I hear some dumb statements all the time at CH [City Hall].

Hash empire sounds good about now too.

l need you to keep trying & do or get whoever you need, as long as you think you can keep as much of it a secret as possible, to help.

They said this may be the last place it is. He said if this can be done, he'll match Gawker's plus 10% to you so there's no temptation of pulling a fast one."

According to the hacker, the “plus 10%” refers to a cash bonus Amin offered to him if their goal of scrubbing the video from the private site was accomplished. This email was written just as Gawker had achieved its own goal of raising $200,000 to buy the crack tape from gangsters, thanks to its somewhat misguided IndieGoGo campaign. The $20,000 bonus that the hacker says he was offered appears to have made the transaction feel safer for Ford and Massoudi. If the hacker were able to retrieve the tape, the bonus would likely ensure the hacker wouldn’t double-cross the Fords and go to Gawker to collect their money instead. As for the IndieGoGo “Crackstarter,” eventually Gawker gave up and sent the $200,000 (minus IndieGoGo and Paypal transaction fees) to several Toronto-based charities.

The hacker told us a friend helped him break into the site, using brute-force tactics of trying every known login and password in the universe, but implied to us in an interview that the friend was unaware of the site’s alleged content.

“He just set up a couple of scripts,” the hacker said. “And I just left it running on my PC. It took about a week or so. It just kept running through and running through and then one day I woke up and [the login and password] was there.”

We were able to verify the compromised account was online when the hacker approached us; however, for legal reasons, we did not attempt to log in. The hacker did, however, provide us with screenshots of the password-protected directory’s contents and said he downloaded two video files that were heavily encrypted into a GreenForce Player format. Just in case you’re not an encryption expert, the GFP format is so secure its creators have offered up a bounty—GFP’s source code—to anyone who can decrypt it. So far, that bounty has been left unclaimed.

The hacker was unable to delete either of the video files from the site and therefore never received the bounty offered by Amin. The content of the second video is a mystery, though Police Chief Bill Blair has confirmed that they have a second, “relevant” digital file. There is some online speculation, however, that video number two is a Rob Ford sex tape.

On May 31, over email, Amin told the hacker “the big guy” got the link and login information concerning the web-storage account from a person who “was just picked up out west” and was concerned that their arrest might “impact the site.” This email was sent one day after a man named Hanad Mohamed was arrested in Fort McMurray, Alberta, after fleeing Toronto.

Hanad had previously been charged with first-degree murder for the killing of Anthony Smith, but Canadian authorities have downgraded his charges to aggravated assault and accessory to discharging a firearm in connection with the non-fatal shooting of a man named Muhammad Khattak—who is pictured with Rob Ford in front of the house where the crack tape was filmed.

Hanad has also been charged with accessory after the fact to manslaughter, as the police now believe he drove Nisar Hashimi—a 23 year-old man who turned himself in for the murder, and is currently serving nine years for the manslaughter of Anthony Smith—away from the scene of the Anthony's murder. Three weeks after Hanad’s arrest, in the same Fort McMurray apartment where the cops found him, another man, Hanad Hussein, was thrown from a six-story balcony.

According to the hacker, around this time Amin began to grow extremely anxious and pressured the hacker to finish the job by saying he was considering other options:

"A friend gave me a couple other people who we can trust to talk to this weekend, so there may be a few of you working on it soon.

Whoever can get in and delete any files gets the prize. Cops don't know about the site though, so no worries."

After Amin revealed he had organized some kind of hacking competition to destroy the crack tape and win Ford’s clandestine bounty, he appears to have asked the hacker to help him find “a ball.” While we can’t say for certain which kind of ball he was referencing, it’s safe to say it had nothing to do with billiards in the literal sense:

"Wanted to ask if you could get a ball for me tomorrow, that's the other thing. Let me know ASAP if you can."

The hacker then expressed his disappointment with Amin.

"Hmmm.. do you really think it's wise to

A) bring more people in to work on this

B) buy or ask me to buy drugs when in the middle of this shitstorm

Like man. not a chance. I'm already puttin my neck out for you on [sic] thsi shit, think

I'm gonna risk some fuckin Star reporter spyin on you & then snappin my pic?"

As for the hacker’s concerns that other people may compromise the secrecy of this failed operation, Amin wrote in an email to the hacker: “I've known these other guys I'm bringing in for a long time so I can trust them. I haven't even told them that I have you working on the same thing.”

The hacker replied:

"As long as you trust these guys and keep my name outta they ears, I guess you

gotta do what you can. But if I spend all this time and one of them end up doin

it... Imma still want something for my troubles... yo."

It appears that Amin and the hacker fell out of contact once it was clear he was unable to delete the video from the site, though the hacker did tell us Amin wanted him to “keep doing stuff like this” in the future.

Again, Amin—the mayor’s communications director—did not respond to multiple voicemail and emails requesting comment on this story. He has also deleted his Facebook profile. Rob and Doug Ford have ignored VICE’s requests for comment. More understandably, albeit only slightly, Rob Ford’s former chief of staff Mark Towhey also failed to respond to multiple requests to speak with us.

VICE encourages any of the abovementioned parties to set the record straight if any of the above information is incorrect. We will update the story accordingly.
cptmarginal

Postby NaturalMystik » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Can't help but wonder if all the public drunkenness episodes were actually part of a brilliant PR strategy to show Ford has an alcohol problem, in the months leading up to the crack admission...
NaturalMystik

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 pm

...for the benefit of public interest.

I'll take "Phrases I Never Expected to See From Vice" for $1000, Alex.

Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion