Is TO mayor Rob Ford involved in a drug-related murder?!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is TO mayor Rob Ford involved in a drug-related murder?!

Postby stoneonstone » Mon May 27, 2013 3:50 pm

The Toronto Star claims the cops were there in relation to this shooting in Rexdale:

http://www.680news.com/2013/05/21/man-i ... -shooting/

Star report update:

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2 ... tives.html

Robyn Doolittle, one of the pair of Star reporters who've seen the Ford video gave a radio interview where she said she believed there were at least two other copies of the vid...one of them out of the country.

Weirder and weirder. And it looks like the Crackstarter campaign will reach the target this evening.
stoneonstone

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 pm

This story just made mainstream midday news in Australia possibly including alleged stills from the alleged video. Or else they were just photos of him hanging with black people. (Which must be sus cos everyone knows they're all criminals.)
Joe Hillshoist

Postby justdrew » Mon May 27, 2013 10:43 pm

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm

http://mashable.com/2013/05/27/gawker-r ... ckstarter/

Gawker successfully raised $200,000 on Monday to bankroll the purchase of an iPhone video that allegedly shows Toronto mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine. But with an AWOL seller, the media company is losing faith in completing the transaction.

At the time of writing, the Indiegogo campaign — dubbed "Crackstarter" — has raised just over $200,000 — the king's ransom demanded by drug dealers who say they smoked crack with Ford. But with the sellers MIA, just if and when we see the footage is very much in question.

Gawker editor-in-chief John Cook, who says he's seen the tape, describes the video as follows:

Rob Ford, the mayor of Toronto, is the only person visible in the frame. Prior to the trip, I spent a lot of time looking at photographs of Rob Ford. The man in the video is Rob Ford. It is well-lit, clear. Ford is seated, in a room in a house. In one hand is a a clear, glass pipe. The kind with a big globe and two glass cylinders sticking out of it. In the other hand is a lighter. A slurred voice off-camera is ranting about Canadian politics in what sounds like an attempt to goad Ford ... Ford, pipe in one hand and lighter in the other, is laughing, and mildly protesting at the sacrilege. He seems to keep trying to light the pipe, but keeps stopping to laugh. He is red-faced and sweaty, heaving with each breath. Finally, he finds his moment and lights up.

In addition to Gawker, journalists from The Toronto Star say they've seen the tape — and that it's real.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby ShinShinKid » Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Link to article about Ford's facebook comments that have been removed...sorry if it's a repost.

http://www.vice.com/read/the-facebook-c ... you-to-see
Well played, God. Well played".
ShinShinKid

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue May 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Joe Hillshoist » Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 pm wrote:This story just made mainstream midday news in Australia possibly including alleged stills from the alleged video. Or else they were just photos of him hanging with black people. (Which must be sus cos everyone knows they're all criminals.)

I know the picture you're referring to and I have to say that I was completely offended by it when I first saw it for the very reasons you articulated above. I still am. Just what are they trying to get at with it, I wonder, since I am not under the impression that it's a still from the video - and why did they blur out some faces - is it because they were of non black people??

Don't get me wrong, from everything I can see Rob Ford is not a decent human being and if he is guilty he should FINALLY, after all his quasi-criminal and ignorant behaviour be removed from office but that photo itself bothers me for its seemingly racist overtones.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Jerky » Tue May 28, 2013 1:45 pm

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/32402 ... -shooting/

Now it seems we find out that ANOTHER of the three people in that infamous photo, a guy named Mohammed Khattek, was ALSO gunned down on the VERY SAME NIGHT that the FIRST guy, Anthony Smith, was killed, only Khattek SURVIVED.

THIS, my friends, is getting worse and worse and worse for Rob Ford. He arranged for a gangland slaying. I'm pretty much sure of it now. And the police are investigating.

Damn, my instincts are good! :-)

Jerky
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Tue May 28, 2013 1:48 pm

People, don't be gooey about how "racist" the picture is.

It isn't.

It's a fact.

AND it shows the mayor in the company NOT just of black people, but of known drug dealers, including two (a whole 2/3ds of the non-Ford individuals posing!) who were GUNNED DOWN shortly after videotaping the mayor smoking crack.

That photo needed showing, there are no two ways about it.

Jerky

Canadian_watcher » 28 May 2013 16:40 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 pm wrote:This story just made mainstream midday news in Australia possibly including alleged stills from the alleged video. Or else they were just photos of him hanging with black people. (Which must be sus cos everyone knows they're all criminals.)

I know the picture you're referring to and I have to say that I was completely offended by it when I first saw it for the very reasons you articulated above. I still am. Just what are they trying to get at with it, I wonder, since I am not under the impression that it's a still from the video - and why did they blur out some faces - is it because they were of non black people??

Don't get me wrong, from everything I can see Rob Ford is not a decent human being and if he is guilty he should FINALLY, after all his quasi-criminal and ignorant behaviour be removed from office but that photo itself bothers me for its seemingly racist overtones.
Jerky

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue May 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Jerky » Tue May 28, 2013 12:48 pm wrote:People, don't be gooey about how "racist" the picture is.

It isn't.

It's a fact.

AND it shows the mayor in the company NOT just of black people, but of known drug dealers, including two (a whole 2/3ds of the non-Ford individuals posing!) who were GUNNED DOWN shortly after videotaping the mayor smoking crack.

Jerky

It was the way it was presented as in "since we don't have the video of Ford smoking crack yet, here's a picture that'll give you the general idea"
At the time it seemed to play on stereotypes.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Jerky » Tue May 28, 2013 2:23 pm

But this is the picture that has been submitted to the media BY the individuals holding the video, and it was taken on the same night. They submitted it as part of the evidence package. Just because evidence isn't nice sometimes doesn't mean we look away, right?

Jerky
Jerky

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Jerky » Tue May 28, 2013 1:23 pm wrote:But this is the picture that has been submitted to the media BY the individuals holding the video, and it was taken on the same night. They submitted it as part of the evidence package. Just because evidence isn't nice sometimes doesn't mean we look away, right?

Jerky

I'm just saying that I had the same reaction as Joe did. That's all. I don't want to fight about it.

Canadian_watcher

Postby Jerky » Tue May 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Jesus Christ, folks. It's full steam ahead on the murder investigation.

Read this story...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... probe.html
Jerky

Postby justdrew » Wed May 29, 2013 2:51 am

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed May 29, 2013 5:30 am

Jerky » 29 May 2013 03:48 wrote:People, don't be gooey about how "racist" the picture is.

It isn't.

It's a fact.

Jerky

Thanks for that. That context does change the meaning of photo, but none of that was mentioned in the news bulletin here. There was reporting about the alleged video and the loss of staff and that photo with no explanation.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby NaturalMystik » Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

The calm before the storm....

It's starting to seem like the video may have gone 'missing'. However with the rumored two additional copies floating around, I wonder how long it's gonna take for this video to go viral. This story can't just disappear can it?
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion