Is TO mayor Rob Ford involved in a drug-related murder?!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is TO mayor Rob Ford involved in a drug-related murder?!

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 pm

stoneonstone » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 pm wrote:I have to say that Jon Stewart's two and a half on Rob Ford was as blisteringly take-no-prisoners as anything I've seen him do. I almost think that the cock-sucking joke was too much, and pushed the resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1dzpgLQHKM

The Ford brothers can't take that kind of ridicule.

I have to say that Jon Stewart can bite my arse. Let me know when he or any one of the US liberal hyenas who idolise him & cackle over his corporate-scripted funnies start to care two shits about the victims of any politician less local, less distant and less insignificant than a Canadian mayor.

Part of the creep of fascism is the lack of shame and ignoring criticism. Even though the mayor in an Ontario city isn't really that powerful, the complete lack of any societal control on these two shows that the dark zeitgeist is afoot again.

Part of the creep of fascism is the lack of shame, yes.

blisteringly take-no-prisoners

That, right down to the adverb, is a perfect literal description of Obama's drone strikes.

New evidence shows most victims of US drone attacks are civilians including women and children.

Let me know when Stewart and his adoring liberal hyena-pack do so much as offer some liniment or aspirins to any of the children murdered or even blistered by that mendacious corporate toady they voted into power.

A new book on the 2012 presidential campaign claims that President Barack Obama told aides that he is "really good at killing people."

According to Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, the authors of Double Down: Game Change 2012, Obama made the comment while discussing drone strikes last year. CNN's Peter Hamby noted the anecdote in his review of the book for the Washington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/0 ... 08815.html

Part of the creep of fascism is the lack of shame.

Next Up, After The Commercial Break: Jon Stewart's Scriptwriter Sells Him Totally Edgy Cocksucking Joke About Yemeni Mayor!

- ON EDIT: Of course nothing personal against you, stoneonstone, and I'm sure this Ford character is a creep like all of 'em. I read that alleged, undenied, and all too plausible Obama quote seconds before reading your post. Practically the entire planet is a fucking creepocracy. (Didn't even watch the Stewart video, btw. Why bother.)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby peartreed » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 pm

While the bumbling buffoonery of bureaucrat Rob Ford amuses the late night audience of comedian Jon Stewart, Toronto citizens in his gluttonous shadow are subjected to similar scrutiny and sarcasm for having voted such a clown into office.

The international audience now intrigued by this caricature of Canadian corruption can condescendingly cackle over how such a distant and insignificant issue has blown up onto the world stage, like a little freak show distraction from world affairs.

However, it still symbolizes the all-too-common corruption of power when an unwitting electorate is then held hostage by the hubris of the monster they mandated during a maelstrom campaign of political marketing misinformation.

That is a universal cautionary tale, the kind that swings both ways and hits home.
peartreed

Postby norton ash » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:39 pm

I can't even laugh at today's installment.

Pathetic.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11 ... _rant.html
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:42 pm

"The Sopranos" was largely about the influence of the Scorsese, Coppola and De Palma mobster movies on the following generation of real-world mobsters. "The Fords" will be about the influence of "The Sopranos" on Canadian politicians.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Hunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:52 pm

He is just doing his best Chris Farley impersonation there, Norton.

"...and I live in a van...down...by...the...river!"
Hunter

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:09 am

Where the fuckall are the insights, theories, connections, and other little tinfoil-wrapped goodies re: this colossal fucking spectacle with plenty of RI ramifications ripe for elaboration, where are all you Canadians on this? Why the tumbleweeds?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 am

I mean...he's still the fucking mayor of Toronto, lmfao. That's incredible. The whole floor of city hall was dancing like charismatic Protestants the other day. What in the incomprehensible fuck is going on in Toronto? Where is the rest of Canada on this? What are the Trudeaus saying? What are conservatives saying? Where does the rabbit hole begin and where might it wind up? Any connections between Ford and the murkier, grislier RI stories of the last decade in Canada? Any connection to the larger drug trade? HOW IS HE STILL THE MAYOR???
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:22 am

Jeff, what would your old magazine have been writing about Ford the last several months?
FourthBase

Postby NaturalMystik » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:33 am

It does get stranger by the day, although it's been a bit quiet lately... I think it's a massive bait and switch for the conservative party while they deal with their major senator spending scandal. In my mind I imagine a scenario where Harper backs the Fords, knowing that he can use them some day if the going gets tough. It seems like this all kinda came out of nowhere and ramped up fast. As in, you didn't do what we said, now you're gonna pay... Pure speculation of course...

Something tells me we won't see the Ford boys going anywhere anytime soon, unless Rob find himself behind bars for murder...
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:36 am

NaturalMystik » 07 Jan 2014 00:33 wrote:It does get stranger by the day, although it's been a bit quiet lately... I think it's a massive bait and switch for the conservative party while they deal with their major senator spending scandal. In my mind I imagine a scenario where Harper backs the Fords, knowing that he can use them some day if the going gets tough. It seems like this all kinda came out of nowhere and ramped up fast. As in, you didn't do what we said, now you're gonna pay... Pure speculation of course...

Something tells me we won't see the Ford boys going anywhere anytime soon, unless Rob find himself behind bars for murder...

Does three weeks ago count as lately?

I mean, what the f...there's a conservative mayor of a major metropolis whose crack binges are on public record, who's been saying and doing flabbergastingly inappropriate things for months, who has been under suspicion for murdering a drug dealer, who is setting world records every other day for the lowest a major public official has sunk while still employed, and not only still employed but showing up in public more than ever, seemingly by himself, and generally making just the biggest laughingstock of a big city's government in the history of modern democratic politics...there he is, dancing like a fucking crackhead alongside the woman trying to remove him from office, all to a righteous Bob Marley tune as sung by a crowd-wandering Wyclef Chappelle.
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 am

I mean...is everyone else trolling Ford, and he's just so retarded he doesn't get it yet, and the only delay in deposing him is some technical red tape, and he just has to be waited out, and hey, at least he's a source of amusement in the meantime? Or does he have friends in high (or low) places?
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:51 am

I mean, shit, here in Boston the mayoral reins were just passed from what an unknowing observer might peg as a streetwise mongoloid to what that same unknowing observer might assume is a middle-aged associate barback, the latter's lack of gravitas so profound that not even a Yo-Yo Ma rendition of "Danny Boy" could add weight to his townie barfly vibe. And they both look like Lincoln compared to Rob Ford.
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:42 am

Bueller?

Actually, what's unfolded in Toronto is like some combination of Principal Rooney's nadir and Ferris Bueller's apotheosis. We're watching a vicious buffoon flailing in defeat, wearing shredded pants and bruises, being feted in an awkwardly choreographed public dance sequence and being spotted randomly as a gung-ho fan at the sports game. What's next? "Save Rob Ford"? Are we already there yet? Can one of you Nucks pipe in, with more deets and more speculative dirt?
FourthBase

Postby NaturalMystik » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:28 pm

By "lately" i was thinking of the last two weeks. Yeah pre-xmas there were actually two dancing videos, the other one shows him in church dancing to some gospel.

Unless he gets incarcerated, we are going to have to wait till election time for potential change. But even then, I think there is a good chance he'll get re-elected. I don't get where this unwavering Ford nation support is coming from. What's up Boomers? Meanwhile brother Doug Ford continues to make moves to get into Provincial Politics.
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby peartreed » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:51 pm

As a political Conservative, Rob Ford enjoys secret support from the federal government, particularly family friend Finance Minister James Flaherty and cohorts who frolic with the Fords in summer cottage country near Huntsville. The Ontario provincial government is Liberal, and find Ford’s version of personal liberalism as disturbing as his contrasting right-wing municipal service budget cuts. The contradiction is quintessentially Canadian, where tolerance of extremes is inbred.

Canucks accommodate tri-level government jurisdictions and the laws that maintain their separate authorities, trusting that elections will deliver karma in due course.

As an original Torontonian I can also attest to the multicultural coexistence with culturally and socially deviant customs, kooks and quirks, as well as the patience and perseverance of the city’s population in their police investigating and prosecuting crooks with a cornucopia of crimes at a glacial pace.

The mayor is just another addict and glutton for excess; a lunatic loose from the asylum and surviving on the streets he also happens to service on the side.

It would also not surprise me if he were re-elected by the amused masses that have some sympathy for idiosyncratic outcasts and clowns occupying the spotlight. There is nothing more unifying to Canadians than criticism from outsiders, especially about a victim of very public persecution they can also empathize with, somewhat, as alleviating the boredom in the perennially cold, hostile, impersonal urban congestion of this season. Long Winters will play havoc with the mind.

Of course I left Toronto as soon as I was able to and haven’t missed it a bit. I just diagnose its quixotic cosmopolitan crazies from afar in uncharacteristically harsh fellow-countryman critiques. But if you’re still living in a zoo, some of the exotic inhabitants seem less wild and dangerous, especially if they’re carrying the keys that you left them alone with. They can open the gateway to the world and expose themselves to onlookers in the most embarrassing and vulnerable human ways.
peartreed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion