David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:51 pm

c2wat wrote:
Take some damn responsibility for your feelings. They're making it impossible to have a serious conversation about one of the most divisive and fraught issues in the whole fucking world.

Please. You won't regret it.

You take some - and get out of my fight. Who the fuck do you think you are? You want me to dredge up the misogyny thread and post how many times you screeched at people to not invalidate the feelings of others?

Jesus on a racehorse!
Last edited by Canadian_watcher on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm

coffin_dodger » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:49 pm wrote:
Black Hat critical analytical thinking HAS held sway. It is based on Aristotlean two valued logic. It was honed by the Church to dispute heresy. It was used as the basis of much Law and political thinking.
It is also old-fashioned, destructive when over-applied, only one part of thinking, has nothing to do with how the mind actually processes information, the mind operates as a self-organising information system, not like a computer. There are better models for thinking than critical analysis only. Critical thinking is concerned with 'IS'; design thinking is concerned with bringing things about.. 'TO'

Indeed.

I'm bringing this onto this page because it'll get lost otherwise. :)
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm not like Quentin Tarrantino. I don't like Girlfights.
you hear me?

Canadian_watcher

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 pm

compared2what? » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 am wrote:
Searcher08 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm wrote:
compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:31 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm wrote:
Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 pm wrote:I guess I only have two things to say:

2. I'll get back to you when I've solved the age old riddle of how to prove I'm not a racist.

You will never be able to do that, because you are POISONED by DRINKING THE KOOL AID,
it is in your very cells! You will need to have a complete DNA-level cellular reprogramming.

Bummer.

:mrgreen:

Nobody made that accusation against a single poster on this board.

EQUIVALENT shit-slinging is a regular activity around here, and both you and Canadian_watcher do it.

If you find suggestions and/or accusations that all people who (allegedly) subscribe to this or that tenet of an ideology you find abhorrent are tainted by it objectionable:

(a) don't make them;
(b) object in clear and courteous terms when they're made, with citations, which -- believe me -- is as easy as falling off a log; just click on "quote";
(c) stand on your right not to have them repeated when they are.

It's really that simple.

And if they say something which is untrue, one can point it out or not or later.

What is even more simple is for people to tell their truth in clear authentic terms, not look down on others while they are communicating, respond to requests for empathy. And yes everyone will lose it once in a while.

As an exercise, try going through each posters posts on this thread, which you can do by going to page one and at the bottom, one can sort by Allposts Author Ascending then go to page 1
It is a great exercise, because it seems to enable one to see the 'message behind the message'.

I don't really feel the need for it. I'm very familiar with AD's posting style when in a heated debate. And with yours. And with SLAD's. And with brekin's. And with Canadian_watcher's. And with my own. And etc.

We're all maddening sometimes. No fucking doubt. But AD is taking a lot of shit for very heavy stuff that he really didn't say or do, when he was -- as far as I can see -- always well within the limits of legitimate debate.

It's very much to the detriment of the discussion of something legitimate to see someone get shouted down and jumped on under those circumstances. Makes it nearly impossible to discuss that thing, in fact.

I hate to see that happening. It's harmful. Big-time harmful, in this case.

I know you are familiar and so am I, but that familiarity isnt what I'm talking about. It's a Green Eggs and Ham thing

What you are saying is just a defense of AD - I am not attacking him . I have pointed out the communication structures which were created, how destructive they are for the people they are aimed at (SLAD,Slim, CW and myself) the multiple levels of communication, the infinite loops. I even suggested ways out based on my personal knowledge. I made request for empathy and got none I finished with a 'frienemy' suggestion and that was rejected. Now Im getting 'victim blaming'

My Green Eggs and Ham request is read my posts, read ADs

Going back to where I blew up at SkeptiNazis - that was personal and anecdotal... and was the lived experience of being told my partner had six weeks left to live by evidence based consultants who had the rapport level of a toad. Your words were very painful (just in one paragrapgh about the "whiter than white alternative practitioners" and talking about "discourtesy" which was as accurate as describing assault as 'horsing around', but I appreciate you didnt know my background. Although no longer partners, we are still friends and she is one of the longest PML survivors in the world. Sometimes it is appropriate to say, you know... fuck evidence based doctors and the horse they rode in on. NOT always, but sometimes. We were one of those 'sometimes' Here is a video that explains what that is, made by a lovely guy who didnt survive. It gives a flavour of the magnificent human spirit that seems to light inside many of thiose fighting it.

This is my last post on this thread.
Searcher08

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 pm wrote:
Canadian_watcher wrote:STOP telling me ANYTHING that has to do with my ability to understand racism, okay?

STOP DIAGNOSING ME AS HAVING SOME SORT OF DISABILITY WHEN IT COMES TO UNDERSTANDING RACE, ETHNICITY, RELIGION, OPPRESSION AND LIBERATION AND STOP IMPLYING THAT i'M UNWITTINGLY PERPETUATING OPPRESSION AND SORT OF HELPING ANTI-SEMITES BY NOT BEING SENSITIVE ENOUGH ABOUT IT.

GOT IT?

I wrote:Take some damn responsibility for your feelings. They're making it impossible to have a serious conversation about one of the most divisive and fraught issues in the whole fucking world.

Please. You won't regret it.

You take some -

I regularly do.

and get out of my fight. Who the fuck do you think you are?

It's not your fight. It's your tantrum. And I think I'm someone who can't discuss something because you're having it.

You want me to dredge up the misogyny thread and post how many times you screeched at people to not invalidate the feelings of others?

If you like. But I doubt it was all that many. It's not terminology I habitually use, although I admire it when Willow does and might well have seconded her when she used it. Or copied her, even. In any event: Sure!

If you're under the impression that your feelings validate whatever cause for them it suits you to claim, that's wrong.

Jesus on a racehorse!

Take some responsibility for yourself.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm out.

I just wanted to make the request.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:11 pm

i will not be lectured by you or by anyone else.
I am permanently finished with this thread, and hopefully with you as well.

Canadian_watcher

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:55 pm wrote:I'm not like Quentin Tarrantino. I don't like Girlfights.
you hear me?

Sorry, missed a few.

Not sure what that means, since there was nothing particularly girl-y about what I said.

That you want to have your tantie without interference so that the whole board has to bow to it?

Is that it?
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 pm wrote:i will not be lectured by you or by anyone else.
I am permanently finished with this thread, and hopefully with you as well.

You will not accept responsibility for yourself. Is what that means.
compared2what?

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 pm

yeah, I'm having a "tantie"
I object to the repeated insinuations of racism and anti-semitism aimed at myself and three other posters. It is not a group hallucination, it happened.

YOU don't see it, but guess what? YOU are not the final authority on my experience.

Canadian_watcher

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:16 pm

good lord, how much of this am I expected to endure? seriously... anyone? can anyone tell me? Am I imagining being attacked here, or what?

Canadian_watcher

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 pm

The parallels between this thread and the below clip is uncanny.

Belligerent Savant

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:15 pm wrote:yeah, I'm having a "tantie"
I object to the repeated insinuations of racism and anti-semitism aimed at myself and three other posters. It is not a group hallucination, it happened.

YOU don't see it, but guess what? YOU are not the final authority on my experience.

No, you are. But I'm not talking about how you experienced what was said. I'm talking about what was said. And we both have access to that equally.

I don't see that stuff -- and you can't show it to me -- because it's not there. You FELT you were being called an anti-Semite. I'm sympathetic to that. And to your dislike of it. BUT YOU WEREN'T BEING CALLED ONE.

So YOU have to take responsibility for the feeling it if you want it to stop.

Otherwise, you're just having a tantrum because you FEEL like it.
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:16 pm wrote:good lord, how much of this am I expected to endure? seriously... anyone? can anyone tell me? Am I imagining being attacked here, or what?

The former.
compared2what?

Postby brekin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Searcher08, I agree with your assessment somewhat of Black Hat thinking (Aristotelian, law, old-fashioned, etc) but I would argue that using logic can be and is creative. You can, of course, create a closed system and become enslave to it without any spontaneity or improvisation allowed.But, likewise for many "being creative" "trusting my feelings" "going with my gut" "empathizing over analyzing" creates its own pattern of relating and responding to the world without any analysis that creates its own limiting logic that has no external structure or safeguards.

Freedom without structure, feed back or discipline is ultimately as limiting as hyper critical proof based analysis. By being obligated to run impressions and feelings through other formal systems you can make insights and connections you wouldn't have done so if you were left to your own preferences. Granted, running logical arguments through how you relate and feel about them or their results can give you great insights to. But I would caution about looking at logic and evidence based systems as old-fashioned. They really have only been on the scene a short time and not used regularly by most. Creative thinking, going with our gut, trusting our instinct, etc are very old fashioned. Its what we've been running since we've been upright. Logic is a recent invention.

CW, I thought you were done in this thread? Like two-times.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion