David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby American Dream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:07 pm

A very high quality version of this video is available for download and redistribution: http://tinyurl.com/bor3omy
http://illuminutti.com/david-icke-met...

Some people would call David Icke controversial. I would call him a brilliant psychotic.

His ability to speak for hours on an incomprehensible doctrine is stunning. But listen carefully and the methods of his madness become apparent.

He has a brilliant talent for the subtle interweaving of plausible with crazy, and packaging the in-between gray areas as thought-terminating clichés like "secret societies", "brotherhood", "free masons" and other slogans and catchphrases popular with modern conspiracy thinking.

The magic is in his ability to dispense seemingly innocuous tidbits of (allegedly true) earth history one moment, then slipping in talk of aliens crossbreeding with humans the next moment. Talk sane, touch on some crazy, go back to the safety of sane. Rinse and repeat until the listener can swallow the crazy with the sane.

This ability to subtlely slide in and out of the realm of plausible is the same potent cocktail used by science fiction writers to blur the lines between the possible and the impossible to keep viewers coming back for more.

This 25 minute video has been distilled from a 217 minute video. I've removed the plausible to expose the crazy. Enjoy.

All Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons "Attribution 3.0"
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b...

Original Open Source Footage:

The Freedom Road - Part 1
http://tinyurl.com/7ab5ajz

The Freedom Road - Part 2
http://tinyurl.com/82gdklx

Sightings of Shape Shifting
http://tinyurl.com/78q399z

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
-Malcolm X
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Postby Canadian_watcher » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:22 pm

he sounds so reasonable, thoughtful and community minded here. Not calling for any sort of violence, and not even advertising his stuff.
I like the message.
I support all of what he says even if I might choose to say some things differently.

I like the guy. These are interesting and inspiring videos. And recent, too.
First hand. No reading in to the take of someone else - pure Icke.

decide for yourself.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

How can we be sure that Icke is not exactly what he's claimed others to be, a shape-shifting lizard, in order to further destabilize society?

How can we be sure that is indeed Icke in those videos and not some crisis actor?
Iamwhomiam

Postby American Dream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Canadian_watcher » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:22 pm wrote:he sounds so reasonable, thoughtful and community minded here. Not calling for any sort of violence, and not even advertising his stuff.
I like the message.
I support all of what he says even if I might choose to say some things differently.

I like the guy. These are interesting and inspiring videos. And recent, too.
First hand. No reading in to the take of someone else - pure Icke.

decide for yourself.

Of course that's a very, very weak defense for a person who conveys lots of highly questionable information as well as some "true" stuff...
American Dream

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm

He has a brilliant talent for the subtle interweaving of plausible with crazy, and packaging the in-between gray areas as thought-terminating clichés like "secret societies", "brotherhood", "free masons" and other slogans and catchphrases popular with modern conspiracy thinking.

Where exactly is the distinction between plausible and crazy? This is an opinion, and not a very good one at that if you ask me. As bilderberger, yew tree and Edward Snowden have recently illustrated , why is modern conspiracy thinking such a bad thing? I shouldnt wonder that if you asked this doubtlessly well-eared critic of Icke about 9/11, I already know where this particular mouthpiece stands.

The magic is in his ability to dispense seemingly innocuous tidbits of (allegedly true) earth history one moment, then slipping in talk of aliens crossbreeding with humans the next moment. Talk sane, touch on some crazy, go back to the safety of sane. Rinse and repeat until the listener can swallow the crazy with the sane.

How much does this critic know about any of this? How much has he read of the Nephilim or the Archons, or the Gnostic texts ? What does he know about current thinking in UFOlogy which focuses on very much on the interdimensional nature of the phenomenon, which is perfectly plausible, indeed in the case of UFOlogy, about the best answer available to the myriad of problems that the possibility of travelling within our physical reality involves?

In short, This along with the rest of it to me, simply ignorant opinionated claptrap of the highest order.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:06 pm

maybe one should just listen to Icke and not view him through the filter of AD.....then one can make up his own mind and decide if he is as destructive and dangerous as Hitler....Reagan....Churchill....Turkish massacres of Armenians....Vujadin Popovic... Ljubisa Beara ....George Bush ....Ratko Mladic.....Gen. Jose Efrain Rios Montt....on and on.....man talk about giving special powers to someone...how many human beings has Icke killed with his words....you diminish these genocidal manics with your rhetoric..... reading AD's words one would think he is as evil as all those reptiles combined

“It was quite useless to treat them fairly,” wrote the historian Stephen Roberts, “since they were completely amoral and incapable of sincere and prolonged gratitude.” His acclaimed colleague Russel Ward was succinct: “We are civilised today and they are not.”

Human Race Get Off Your Knees "The Lion Sleeps No More"
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby American Dream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Who wants to drink a big glass of Kool Aid with extra vitamins?

It's at least 50% pure!
American Dream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks Elfi, I knew this would come in handy, though I had not imagined I'd be using it so soon.
Bizarre and illogical forms of belief have always existed throughout the history of known civilization.

Quoting from Charles Mackay's book entitled ExtraordinaryPopular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds that was published in 1841:

Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder’s welcome.
Iamwhomiam

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:31 pm

American Dream » 17 Jun 2013 18:13 wrote:Who wants to drink a big glass of Kool Aid with extra vitamins?

It's at least 50% pure!

You see, this is the problem with this kind of discussion. You try to engage with someone about their knowledge of their critic, or better still with the very poster himself ( that would be you AD) and this is where we always end up going.

Its pretty much a waste of time as such.

I mean seriously, this isnt too RI to me.
slimmouse

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Iamwhomiam » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:29 pm wrote:Thanks Elfi, I knew this would come in handy, though I had not imagined I'd be using it so soon.
Bizarre and illogical forms of belief have always existed throughout the history of known civilization.

ain't that the truth
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby American Dream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 pm

The astute reader will notice how the defenders of Icke have worked so hard to avoid actually engaging with the content of the video.

Unfortunately, this is true to form and by now is clearly part of a very strong pattern...
American Dream

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:54 pm

American Dream » 17 Jun 2013 18:39 wrote:The astute reader will notice how the defenders of Icke have worked so hard to avoid actually engaging with the content of the video.

Unfortunately, this is true to form and by now is clearly part of a very strong pattern...

Has anyone here actually managed to listen to what Icke is saying here, or were you in fact busy reading a well constructed overlay from some psychologist or other.

Coercive persuasion, confusional doctrine, and all the rest of it, in the first five fucking minutes.

Im sorry, I aint buying what this video is selling for one minute.

AD, did it ever occur to you, that you could walk down the pub, if you were sufficiently familiar with the terms this guy is using, and find examples of everything Icke is accused of being offered in conversation from just about anyone.

Im really not on the same page with you on this, Im afraid.

For a start, if this guy is truly interested in identifying the madmen arouund this world, then perhaps he should get a few of the names out of Ickes books and start analysing both what these people are saying and more importantly doing.

That would be some psychological profiling that I could really appreciate, if I actually needed to know.
Last edited by slimmouse on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimmouse

Postby American Dream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:58 pm

(Noticing how they still avoid engaging with the actual specific content of the video)...
American Dream

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:03 pm

American Dream » 17 Jun 2013 18:58 wrote:(Noticing how they still avoid engaging with the actual specific content of the video)...

OK then, a transcript might be nice. We could all collectively focus on Ickes words a bit better then. We could offer some proper analysis beyond the not so subtle brainwashing that accompanies the dire bit that I was privy to.

In fariness to you, you did include the fact that this is strictly focused on 25 minutes out of a 217 minute address.

It got me thinking about why the NSA is behaving as they do.

If you wish to find some incriminating evidence on say a political dissident. your probably gonna have to work your way through a whole pile of wheat to get to the particular chaff that you are looking for to paint someone in a bad enough light to have your way with them.
Last edited by slimmouse on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimmouse

Postby American Dream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 pm

These words are easy enough to read:

Some people would call David Icke controversial. I would call him a brilliant psychotic.

His ability to speak for hours on an incomprehensible doctrine is stunning. But listen carefully and the methods of his madness become apparent.

He has a brilliant talent for the subtle interweaving of plausible with crazy, and packaging the in-between gray areas as thought-terminating clichés like “secret societies”, “brotherhood”, “free masons” and other slogans and catchphrases popular with modern conspiracy thinking.

This ability to subtlely slide in and out of the realm of plausible is the same potent cocktail used by science fiction writers to blur the lines between the possible and the impossible to keep viewers coming back for more.

American Dream

Next

Return to General Discussion