Why Do People Apologize For Russia?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Why Do People Apologize For Russia?

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:31 am

seemslikeadream » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:48 pm wrote:
sanctimonious claims of Russiagate

what would those be

I just mean those pols who act as if various forms of state involvement in other states' domestic affairs is, in and of itself, shocking and elections in general were pristine and sacrosanct pre-2016.

Russian "artists" openly "meddling" in our election

could you give me examples of those?

I mean Pussy Riot viz certain interviews and video releases pertaining to the election in the fall of 2016. I like them just fine and am not digging but, though you may think it overly apolitical for the times, I find a certain and highly intriguing parallelism between former soviet bloc hackers posting, for instance, fake BLM "propaganda" on FB and being called out as "interfering" while Pussy Riot also (literally) produced BLM related (as well as anti-Trump) "propaganda" but are generally touted as progressive feminist superheroes. They certainly deserve at least some of that and I'm probably on their side (and would be even if it turned out they, in the strong example, did have occult MIC connections) but, for me, this is a point of extreme interest.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 am

I just see Pussy Riot as liberal/progressive feminists, menaced by an authoritarian/reactionary state regime. To that extent, I support them.
American Dream

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:51 am

Respnding to Jerky.

Pussy Riot sort of grew out of Voina, a movement that interests me very much, and I don't have reason to doubt they are a homegrown affair. But as I look at their trajectory over the past few years (ie the House of Cards appearance with a fake Putin and their photo-ops with HRC, their proximity to Assange, and entre into big US media space as sort of the ultimate hip millennial superheroes) alongside some of what has happened with other Voina members Natalia Sokol and Oleg Vorotnikov, I just wonder if they were not tapped and funded or otherwise supported. TBH I would sort of feel like the CIA isn't doing its job if they didnt at least approach them.

I actually feel like like I've made pretty much exactly this post before on that other thread, so am pretty much repeating myself and will now retreat back there if they come up again. I suppose I simply find them intriguing for the pitch-perfection with which they unite today's pseudo-revolutionary aesthetics, a fairly simple variant of the new global feminism, Russia as existential threat to "freedom" (understood by ID with PR as expression, gender equity, anti-police brutality, etc), and more. And for a bunch of anarchists, their transition to vocal support for statism is remarkable to me. Entirely possible this is only synchronistic because of social trends coalescing into certain forms simultaneously, too.

I do like them somewhat, despite my curiosity about whether or not they may, under the surface, be at least partially caught up in obscure webs of power. BTW I don't see them as terribly Situationist. Much less intellectual (in a good way for the times) and less involved in a kind of aesthetic intelligentsia's critique. They were part of a recent show called Post-Soviet Actionism which seems a more apt lineage to associate them with, IMO.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:42 pm

More or less how I see it and very well-taken analysis, liminal. They were screwed and imprisoned unjustly by the Russian state, without a doubt, got out, and today find themselves as more or less witting participants in a tangled web spun by the Western propaganda around them. If Jerky could swap "Russian" and "Western" and write an analogous sentence about a certain Assange, (who did not yet get out) we'd be moving toward RI's harmonic convergence.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Russia's Telegram block tests Putin's ability to control the web
Telegram is still widely available in Russia as the country's communications regulator struggles to enforce a nationwide block

By MATT BURGESS

Tuesday 24 April 2018

Pavel Durov was dismissed from VKontakte and went into exile from Russia after refusing to comply to state demands

Sam Barker
On Sunday, April 22, paper planes started gliding through the sky from tower blocks in Moscow. The planes used in the small-scale protest mimicked the logo of encrypted messaging service Telegram.

The messaging service has been banned by Russia's communications regulator, Roskomnadzor (Роскомнадзор, in Russian) since mid-April and the ban follows Telegram losing a court case in the country. State officials working for security agency FSB had demanded company founder Pavel Durov hand over decryption keys so officials could read messages being sent using the app.

After Durov's firm denied to hand over the decryption keys – a move praised by former NSA-contractor Edward Snowden – the Russian regulator started blocking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses associated with Telegram. These IP addresses, which Telegram shifted its services to in order to avoid the ban, are largely owned by the hosting arms of Google and Amazon.

In a futile game of whack-a-mole, Roskomnadzor has now included Google IP addresses on its block list because they're related to Telegram. In a social media post the Russian agency said Google's action was "in violation of the court's verdict".

As a result, some Google services are now unavailable in Russia. The company confirmed to TechCrunch that services blocked include Gmail, Google Search and push notifications for Android apps. Among the 17 million IP addresses that have been blocked, according to unofficial research, it's possible some Google services may have been included in error. Roskomnadzor wrote on its VK social media account that parts of Google's services were not blocked on purpose.

Quantum won't just secure privacy, it'll change the whole internet

Encryption

Quantum won't just secure privacy, it'll change the whole internet
"This is the first time when Roskomnadzor failed to block a specific service," says Gregory Asmolov, a researcher at King's College London's Russia Institute. "This is also about power relations between the government and internet services and providers."

Asmolov has previously researched public opinion in Russia to internet censorship. He says three years ago around 49 per cent of people in the country believed the internet should be censored. "The government was very successful in portraying the internet as a threat and using traditional media in order to frame the internet as something that has to be regulated," he explains.

Durov's paper plane protest may show there is a shift in public opinions. Telegram provides a different problem to other online internet regulation in Russia. Asmolov says blocking Telegram poses larger problems for the political establishment in the country as it "touches everyone".

"Russian political elites are quite confused because Telegram channels are very popular in the Kremlin among very high-rank politicians," Asmolov says. Some politicians using the encrypted messenger have tens of thousands of people following their channels.

"It's very different from any other situation. When Russia blocked LinkedIn, for instance, it didn't' really touch any political or economic interests. It was bad for people who were looking for a job or Russian students but it's not like high-rank officials or politicians in the Kremlin really cared."

It's unlikely there's an easy resolution to Russia's Telegram blocks. Civil rights groups including the American Civil Liberties Union have said tech companies including Google and Amazon shouldn't bend to Roskomnadzor's demands to stop hosting parts of Telegram. And despite the attempted block, the service is still widely available in Russia.

"I’m thrilled we were able to survive under the most aggressive attempt of internet censorship in Russian history," Durov wrote on his personal Telegram channel.

"Keep up your great work setting up socks5-proxies and VPNs and spreading them among your Russian friends and relatives," he wrote. "They will be needed as the country descends into an era of full-scale internet censorship."
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/russia-g ... ip-address
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 03, 2018 9:38 am

Russian trolls' post-election task: Disrupt Florida and other U.S. energy pipelines
Sabal Trail pipeline protesters hold signs against the project in Coral Gables, Fla. The Sabal Trail is an underground natural gas pipeline project from Alabama to Florida. Alan Diaz, File AP Photo
A television crew from Russia’s largest state-backed network swooped into downtown Miami two days before New Year’s Eve, 2016, on a curious mission.

RT, the network formerly known as Russia Today, was there to provide global news coverage of one of five unremarkable rallies across Florida that day aimed at turning the public against the nearly completed, $3 billion Sabal Trail Pipeline designed to carry natural gas to the state from Alabama.

What the demonstrators didn’t know was that so-called Russian internet trolls had been busy for two weeks encouraging people to turn out for the protests with posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. They used phony, American-sounding identities -- names such as Steven Cook and Amalie Baldwin.

Russia’s hidden hand in the Florida pipeline protests was extensive, according to sources familiar with the operations. At least eight Russian accounts, most tied to the troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency, sent at least 16 social media messages excoriating the Sabal Trail pipeline or retweeting messages from one of its most prominent opponents, a frequent guest on RT. The tweets were sent to a total of more than 40,000 followers as well as anyone else who saw them via hashtags.

The social media propaganda was part of a broad Kremlin campaign to disrupt the booming American energy industry, which seemingly overnight has emerged as a threat to Russia’s global dominance, U.S. authorities say.

Most of the Russian social media accounts came from the same St. Petersburg troll farm used in a separate, sophisticated operation to meddle in the 2016 U.S. election, the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology said in a report last month.

Sabal Trail got only passing mention in the committee’s report. But based on an analysis of data provided by Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, the committee found that the Russian trolls had posted, tweeted or retweeted at least 9,097 times about U.S. energy projects or environmental issues between 2015 and 2017, about half as much as their election-related activity during that span. Other accounts originating in Russia also weighed in on pipelines, climate change and similar subjects.

One December 2016 Instagram message from an account since taken down showed a photo of a flier blaring, “STOP THE SABAL TRAIL PIPELINE.” It declared the date of the protests a “state-wide day of resistance.”

That post drew a response, written in Russian, from another account. Translated, it read: “A Perfect Shot.”

The surge in U.S. oil and gas production that has quickly transformed the United States from importer to exporter stems from the drilling technology known as fracking, which combines horizontal drilling with hydraulic fracturing of shale rock.

Anti-fracking environmental groups have fought the resulting labyrinth of pipelines, arguing that fossil fuels contribute to global warming and that leakages endanger underground drinking water. They say Sabal Trail, a joint venture of Spectra Energy Partners, NextEra Energy and Duke Energy, poses huge risks to Florida’s largest aquifer.

The Russians have sought to add steam to the opposition to the Dakota Acess Pipeline carrying oil from North Dakota’s Bakken fields, Sabal Trail and other pipelines needed to distribute gas both for domestic use and for compression into exportable liquefied natural gas, the House committee said.

For example, nine days before the Florida rallies, one Russian account retweeted a message from a Dakota Access foe, saying “Controversial #SabalTrailPipeline cuts thru the heart of #Florida's springs country.”

Twitter has deleted the retweet by a Russian troll using the pseudonym Briana Ragland of this anti-Sabal Trail message:

The trolls especially focused on the involvement of the host of the Miami protest: Tim Canova, an outspoken activist who is making a second run for Congress in Broward County and who has appeared on Russian television networks at least 18 times, including during the Dec. 29, 2016, Miami protest.

Canova, in a phone interview, said the protesters “never welcomed or tried to get foreign powers to spread the word for us” and stressed that most of his appearances on RT and Sputnik, another state-backed Russian network, came on shows hosted by “real journalists,” such as former CNN talk show host Larry King.

“Should I reject interviews on RT or on Fox News because some people don’t like the messenger?” he asked. “I will say yes to just about anyone who asks me to appear.”

RT’s parent registered with the Justice Department last year as an agent of the Russian government as a result of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the Kremlin’s meddling in the 2016 election – especially its efforts to help Donald Trump win the White House. But Russia’s campaign extended beyond the election.

Somewhat ironically, Canova, a professor at the Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, is running as an independent in a second bid to unseat Florida’s 23rd District congresswoman, Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Schultz was chair of the Democratic National Committee when hackers pirated its internal emails in 2015 and 2016. Days before the Democratic National Convention, the emails were published by the London-based transparency site WikiLeaks.

Canova later publicly challenged the party’s assertion that it had been hacked by Russians, instead pointedly – and apparently erroneously – suggesting that the culprit may have been a DNC high-tech worker, Seth Rich, who was shot to death at 4:20 a.m. on July 10, 2016 while walking his dog in northwest Washington, D.C. Canova said he has since ceased pushing that theory at the request of Rich’s family.

U.S. intelligence agencies and foreign policy experts are watching how Russia interacts with figures such as Canova. In a Jan. 10 report for Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, committee staff reported that Russia continues to try to capitalize on the activities of what it considers “useful idiots” – far left activists and politicians in the West whose agitation aids its cause, just as the Soviet Union did.

The first mention of Russia’s foray into the politics surrounding U.S. oil and gas pipelines came in a declassified, Jan. 6, 2017 report from four U.S. intelligence agencies about Russian interference in the presidential election. It said that “RT runs anti-fracking programming, highlighting environmental issues and the impacts on public health.”

The report attributed RT’s focus to the fact that exploding U.S. production threatened the profitability of the state-backed Russian natural gas giant Gazprom, which is a leading supplier of natural gas to Europe and the former Soviet republics.

“Russia views America's recent reversal of fortune from an energy importer to exporter as a threat to its hold on European markets,” said Stacy Closson, a nonresident fellow at Washington’s Wilson Center. She said Russia “also views America's production of oil as a primary cause of sustained lower prices - hurting its bottom line.”

Russian animation appears to put Florida in crosshairs of nuclear attack
During Russian President Vladimir Putin's state of the country speech, an animation played showing off the country's latest nuclear weapons but the target seemed to be Florida. McClatchyAP

The Russian social media messages weren’t solely anti-pipeline; some favored them, consistent with Russia’s alternate agenda of sowing confusion and dissent.

While the Russian cyber operatives allegedly tricked several U.S. political activists into hosting election-related protests favoring Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, the activists said trolls didn’t instigate the Sabal Trail rallies, others of which were held in Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Orlando and St. Petersburg, Fl.

Environmental leaders from across Florida “decided that it was time to have a statewide protest,” said Dylan Hansen, 26, of Satellite Beach in Brevard County.

But the trolls were quick to pick up on those efforts. By mid December, they were retweeting Canova and other protesters with automated messages known as “bots” beckoning followers to attend the rallies on the 29th. They also promoted other Sabal Trail protests in early 2017.

Hansen said activists working to make social media messages “go viral ... are open to working every avenue to push the largest audience globally.”

Tampa activist Anita Stewart, a onetime Air Force intelligence officer, said she initiated the social media networks for Sabal Trail protesters, creating a Facebook page that built a following 10,000 strong.

“People could not just post on it,” she said. “Their posts had to be approved, because we had so many crazy people posting stuff all the time. … As for Russian bot accounts, I’m not saying that didn’t happen. There were a lot of accounts that would come on the Facebook group that didn’t have a real name. You can tell the names are fake. They don’t have an address. We tried to be very careful and not allow membership of those types of accounts.”

Prior to the statewide rallies, Stewart said, an RT reporter phoned her and said she would be covering the event.

“She asked me for contacts in the Miami area,” Stewart said. “I told her of a couple of people. She had a very thick accent. I don’t think anything of that really. To me, most news is propaganda anyway.”
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation- ... rylink=cpy
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 8:35 am

Caroline O.

This was the landing page of RT on Saturday, as massive anti-Putin protests took place in cities across Russia.

Seems like something is missing here...

RT did publish one article about the anti-Putin protests. Except they never mentioned that they were anti-Putin protests.

I guess they were too busy making sure you know that the protests were unsanctioned.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/992993959696916480
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Sun May 06, 2018 9:13 am

Fakenewzd again, slad.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 am

with all my love Rory...you made me do it :P

thanks for the bump I knew I had more to say ....are you having a good time this morning? I am!

You can take your Fakenewzd and keep posting whatever your little heart desires....cause your attempts at bullying me to stop posting is NOT GOING TO WORK......why haven't you figured that out yet...what could be the reason after 2 years of bullying me that that approach WILL NOT WORK.....HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

PREACH TO YOUR CHOIR RORY....KEEP ON KEEPING ON.....I LOVE IT!

YOU WILL NEVER EVER INTIMIDATE ME.......but have your fun

Patrick Simpson

(Thread) The Cross and the Sickle: How the Evangelical Community befriended the Kremlin and betrayed the United States. https://medium.com/@trumpwatchdog/evang ... c7d07c430f

2. In the 1960's two things happened. First - a blatant rejection of societal norms arose as the fringe "New Right" formed.

3. Next, Richard NIxon and the Conservative Movement deemed it more important to stop Soviet Communism than it was to prevent Fascism from rising again. To do this, they allied with various pseudo-fascist groups across the world.

4. There was a huge problem though; The Soviet Intelligence Apparatus saw what was happening, realized fascism infused with religious undertones was a much more effective way of controlling humanity - and they decided to do something about it.

5. Beginning in the 1970's, RUMORED agents like Lozansky, Sharansky, Dmitri Simes infiltrated the West through the dissident movement.
The GOP’s Favorite Russian Professor Spent Decades Building Conservative Ties To Moscow
https://thesternfacts.com/the-gops-favo ... 012ddaa873

6. They even sent agents to the United States to TELL us they were playing a long game, but these agents were still pretending they defected to warn us of Soviet Infiltration. By that time, they had already started allying with the American Far Right.

KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov's warning to America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... X3EZCVj2XA

7. Former Agent, Konstanstin Preobrazhensky wrote an ENTIRE book about how the Emigre communities across the world are FILLED with generations of spies. The scientists, religious figures, the diplomats, blue collar workers. All of them were susceptible to the horrors of the KGB

8 He even said in his book that the number of spies INCREASED as the USSR fell. I've dived into the numbers in this thread

(MegaThread) The Grand Old Putin Party - How Russian Active Measures subverted our political system and created the environment which lead to #TrumpRussia
Show this thread

9. Showing their true stripes, the "New Right" attempted to overthrow the current leadership of the racist American Independent Party in 1976 in order to turn it into a theocratic party.

http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/viguerie.html

10. After creating a few smaller think tanks, Paul Weyrich - with a few other fascists - created the Council for National Policy (More here: https://twitter.com/patrickLSimpson/sta ... 7342398465 …)

1. Let's talk about #Trumprussia and the CNP, again.
Show this thread

11. In a very short span, Weyrich had used the CNP to network - and created an entire entity aimed at turning Soviet Russia into the Fascist State it is today.

12. Who bridged the gap between the Russians and the "New Right" in the United States? Who made it all happen? Ed Lozansky and his dissident movement.

How One Man Influenced The Republican Party’s Transformation Into The Grand Old Putin Party
https://thesternfacts.com/how-one-man-i ... 1589792320

13. While the USSR collapsed, the KGB invited the religious right to Moscow so that they could "repent and pray" about it. Phillip Yancey even wrote a book about it.
https://www.amazon.com/Praying-KGB-Star ... 0880705116

14. Meanwhile the Fascist Influences had already penetrated the US "New Right"

15. Board member Charles Moser WAS an editorial advisor to Ukrainian Quarterly which once ran an article praising the Nazi Waffen SS and Ukranian collaboration against the Bolsheviks https://web.archive.org/web/20051103042639/http://home.earthlink.net/~ggsurplus/coors.html …

16. while Weyrich has ties to neo-fascist and racist groups including the Nazi Northern League and the World Anti-Communist League via British eugenicist Roger Pearson.”

17. Roger Pearson was on the editorial board for the Heritage Foundation before he went on to work for the Pioneer Fund, a fund dedicated to funding eugenics studies. The Pioneer Fund was founded in 1937 and modeled after the Nazi’s breeding program.

18. One of the directors of the Pioneer fund was Tom Ellis — a former president of the Council for National Policy — and two other high-level Republican operatives — Jesse Helms and Carter Wrenn.

19. Nelson Bunker Hunt - one of the founders of the CNP along with Paul Weyrich was a firm believer in fascism and it was rumored he tried to start death squads to kill his political opponents. He was a member of a Eugenics Society

20. Hunt was a major funder of the Western Goals foundation, of which Roy Cohn was a board member of. This was a private intelligence gather operation, a lot like what Cambridge Analytica recently did with Facebook.

21 Weyrich and his cohorts discussed - in depth - how Yeltsin was the man they were looking for because he understand religon.

22. Two months later, the Council for National Policy held its annual meeting in Moscow.

23. At the same time, Allen Carlson was setting up the "World Congress of Families" at the Suggestion of "Sociology Professors" at Moscow State.

https://www.profam.org/

24. And John Birnbaum was setting up the Russian American Christian University
http://johnabernbaum.org/about-dr-bernbaum/

25. RACU received millions of dollars in funding from the Devos Family, and boasts Sam Brownback on the Board of Directors.
http://www.talk2action.org/story/2011/5 ... ious_Right

26. Throughout all of this, shitty economic policy allowed the current oligarchs to money launder and rape all the world economies.

27. In 2003, the Far Right Discovery Institute decided to offer an internship to Russian immigrant Yuri Mamchur
https://web.archive.org/web/20060827193 ... rtists.php

28. By 2005, He had launched “Russia Blog” out of the religious right think tank, the Discovery Institute. Russia Blog’s launch and success coincided with the Edward Lozansky published Russia Journal closing up shop after being hacked #TrumpRussia

29. In early 2007, the Discovery Institute officially launched the “Real Russia Project” website with Edward Lozansky and two of the fellows at his fake University listed as advisors.

30. In Exchange, Yuri Mamchur became a fellow at the fake University. By the end of 2007, Mamchur announced on Russia Blog that he had to stop posting and allow time for fundraising activities.

American University In Moscow: Linked To Russian State, But Fake Like TrumpU
https://thesternfacts.com/american-univ ... d157fa234f

31.Lozansky launched http://WorldRussiaForum.com in partnership with the Discovery Institute for a three year period starting in 2009. The World Russia Forum has historically been used to introduce Unwitting Americans with Russian Spies and Propagandists.

32. He has also used it to unveil Pro-Russian think Tanks in the US like the Institute for Democracy and Cooperation in 2008
https://web.archive.org/web/20080425024840/http://www.russiablog.org:80/2008/04/john_mccain_is_invited_to_deba_1.php#more …

33. And the Committee for East/West Accord in 2004
http://www.russiahouse.org/wrf.php?lang ... rrent=2014

34. During Glenn Simpson's testimony a few months ago, he acknowledged that the Russian Orthodox Church is essentially an arm of the Russian State at this point.

35. In 2008, Kate Foronda registered the "Saviour Fund" in New York City to promote the Russian Orthodox Church in the US .http://thesaviourfund.org/

36. The Saviour Fund was involved in all of the World Russia Forums held at the Discovery Institute such as #TrumpRussia Mayflower Hotel eventer Bud Mcfarlane

37. Also at these Forums were the heads of RISS - who eventually drew up plans to swing the election to Trump. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/russian-think-tank-reportedly-had-plan-to-sway-u-s-election.html …

38. The Saviour Fund posted vidoes of Dennis Kucinich talking about his allegiance to Russia.

https://thesternfacts.com/ohio-governor ... 88ef71bb54
39. The Librarian Of Congress - James Billington - met with the Metropolitan Hilarion (Head of the Orthodox Church) and had him speak at the Library of Congress in 2011. https://mospat.ru/en/2011/02/11/news36140/

40. Kate Foronda created the Saviour Fund as a bridge between RU Govt and Conservatives within the United States. She posed as someone who cares about religion while it suited the govt, and then once Trump won the election she abandoned the Savior Fund to profit on Bitcoin.

41. In 2012, Master Propagandist Surkov became the main envoy to the Orthodox Church - and even founded a Youth Group to boot....

Orthodox Youth Group Formed as Surkov Becomes Religion Envoy
https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/ort ... nvoy-17463

42. Surkov had created another Youth Group, the "Nashi" to form controlled "Managed Nationalism" during the Orange Revolution.

43. Surkov along with General Gerasimov formed what became the basis for Fascist Alexander Dugin's eurasian fascist worldview. Dugin’s main aspiration lay in consolidating support networks for the Kremlin and developing ideological unity for his “Eurasianist” geopolitics.

44. **It is important to note that much of the research on Dugin came from Alexander Reid Ross**

45. In 2004 and 2005, Lozansky held multiple forums with Dugin. https://web.archive.org/web/20180224180 ... embers.htm

46. In 09/2008, Lozansky joined Dugin for a conference with far-right figures such as creator of the European New Right Alain de Benoist, Duginist Israeli leader Avigdor Eskin and Israel Shamir, a holocaust denying antisemite who would later become Russian emissary for Wikileaks.

47. Within a few weeks, Dugin and Lozansky appeared together on the TV program “Three Corners” for a discussion on the merits of “soft power.” http://med.org.ru/article/4121

48. In our world (we are talking about the information space) ideas can also play a bigger role,” Lozansky cautioned, “even more important than guns and missiles.”

49. When Steve Bannon went to talk to the World Congress of Families in 2014 to expouse his Duginist views, he was already working with Cambridge Analytica on a campaign that hadn't started yet.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170801100011/http://www.dignitatishumanae.com:80/index.php/annual-conferences/conference-program-2014/ …

50. There is an argument to be made that Cambridge and SCL Group are engaged in a form of 4th dimensional warfare
Trump,”Cultural Marxism”, 4GW, and Terrorism
https://4thgenwar.wordpress.com/2016/07 ... terrorism/

51. The late Paul Weyrich, and WIlliam Lind are proponents of this idea that the government can be taken down by non-state actors. Trump met with Lind as his campaign for president ramped up.

52. In 2014, Jack Hanick left FoxNews to work for Orthodox Oligarch Konstantin Malofeev at the World Congress of Families

The World Congress of Families’ Russian Network
Here are some of the biggest players helping to spread anti-gay sentiment in Russia.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... mily-tree/

53. The Metropolitan Hilarion - arguably an agent of the Russian Intelligence Services met with Council for National Policy member Mike Pence in 2017

54. The CNP Vision statement seems to predict that they will be successful in bringing on the Christian Order in the next two years.

55. CNP members Jon Utley and Ed Meese went to Moscow in 2016 to work with Ed Lozansky and the Russian Foreign Ministry to erect statues of Gorbachev and Reagan - while the Russians were hacking our elections

Unveiling the Reagan-Gorbachev Statue in Moscow
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... in-moscow/

56. The CNP Is trying to push for a Constitutional Convention
Republican success opens door to amending U.S. Constitution
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

57. Bolton, Pence, Bannon, Mercer, Devos, Erik Prince, JAY Sekulow, Conway and many many more of the Trump administration members are part of this garbage.

58. @jennycohn1 has spent a year covering the CNP mission to steal elections - I suggest you follow her.

The Council for National Policy (to which Kellyanne, Bannon, the DeVos family, the Mercers, Pence, Ken Blackwell, and two men whose families funded the largest voting machine vendor in the U.S.) has set a deadline of 2020 for restoring “religion and economic freedom and Judeo-Christian values” under the Constitution.
https://extranewsfeed.com/americas-tali ... 65f1754ca4

59. @textifire has done an amazing job covering the CNP - and by extension - Russia's involvement in Citizens United

60. I've made many threads connecting all the dots as well.Patrick Simpson added,

This is just the beginning of the story of Ed Lozansky and how he has.....infiltrated our political system.
https://thesternfacts.com/how-one-man-influenced-the-republican-partys-transformation-into-the-grand-old-putin-party-141589792320 …
Show this thread
Dukakis to Donald: 30 Years of Citizens United
Despite widespread counternarrative, decades of careful political machinations laid crucial groundwork for Donald Trump’s election.
https://medium.com/textifire/dukakis-to ... 2e81eb3d0e

61. The Amazing Folks at Citjourno are doing their due diligence revealing the Russian Mob's hand in everything going on. http://www.citjourno.org/

62. Grant Stern has been steadfast in his coverage of the BS that Russian Mobster Felix Sater spews at

https://twitter.com/patrickLSimpson/sta ... 0517509120
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Sun May 06, 2018 10:19 am

seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 5:38 am wrote:with all my love Rory...you made me do it :P

thanks for the bump I knew I had more to say ....are you having a good time this morning? I am!

You can take your Fakenewzd and keep posting whatever your little heart desires....cause your attempts at bullying me to stop posting is NOT GOING TO WORK......why haven't you figured that out yet...what could be the reason after 2 years of bullying me that that approach WILL NOT WORK.....HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

Patrick Simpson

(Thread) The Cross and the Sickle: How the Evangelical Community befriended the Kremlin and betrayed the United States. https://medium.com/@trumpwatchdog/evang ... c7d07c430f

2. In the 1960's two things happened. First - a blatant rejection of societal norms arose as the fringe "New Right" formed.

3. Next, Richard NIxon and the Conservative Movement deemed it more important to stop Soviet Communism than it was to prevent Fascism from rising again. To do this, they allied with various pseudo-fascist groups across the world.

4. There was a huge problem though; The Soviet Intelligence Apparatus saw what was happening, realized fascism infused with religious undertones was a much more effective way of controlling humanity - and they decided to do something about it.

5. Beginning in the 1970's, RUMORED agents like Lozansky, Sharansky, Dmitri Simes infiltrated the West through the dissident movement.
The GOP’s Favorite Russian Professor Spent Decades Building Conservative Ties To Moscow

6. They even sent agents to the United States to TELL us they were playing a long game, but these agents were still pretending they defected to warn us of Soviet Infiltration. By that time, they had already started allying with the American Far Right.

7. Former Agent, Konstanstin Preobrazhensky wrote an ENTIRE book about how the Emigre communities across the world are FILLED with generations of spies. The scientists, religious figures, the diplomats, blue collar workers. All of them were susceptible to the horrors of the KGB

8 He even said in his book that the number of spies INCREASED as the USSR fell. I've dived into the numbers in this thread

(MegaThread) The Grand Old Putin Party - How Russian Active Measures subverted our political system and created the environment which lead to #TrumpRussia
Show this thread

9. Showing their true stripes, the "New Right" attempted to overthrow the current leadership of the racist American Independent Party in 1976 in order to turn it into a theocratic party.

10. After creating a few smaller think tanks, Paul Weyrich - with a few other fascists - created the Council for National Policy (More here: https://twitter.com/patrickLSimpson/sta ... 7342398465 …)

Show this thread

11. In a very short span, Weyrich had used the CNP to network - and created an entire entity aimed at turning Soviet Russia into the Fascist State it is today.

12. Who bridged the gap between the Russians and the "New Right" in the United States? Who made it all happen? Ed Lozansky and his dissident movement.

How One Man Influenced The Republican Party’s Transformation Into The Grand Old Putin Party

13. While the USSR collapsed, the KGB invited the religious right to Moscow so that they could "repent and pray" about it. Phillip Yancey even wrote a book about it.

15. Board member Charles Moser WAS an editorial advisor to Ukrainian Quarterly which once ran an article praising the Nazi Waffen SS and Ukranian collaboration against the Bolsheviks https://web.archive.org/web/20051103042639/http://home.earthlink.net/~ggsurplus/coors.html …

16. while Weyrich has ties to neo-fascist and racist groups including the Nazi Northern League and the World Anti-Communist League via British eugenicist Roger Pearson.”

17. Roger Pearson was on the editorial board for the Heritage Foundation before he went on to work for the Pioneer Fund, a fund dedicated to funding eugenics studies. The Pioneer Fund was founded in 1937 and modeled after the Nazi’s breeding program.

18. One of the directors of the Pioneer fund was Tom Ellis — a former president of the Council for National Policy — and two other high-level Republican operatives — Jesse Helms and Carter Wrenn.

19. Nelson Bunker Hunt - one of the founders of the CNP along with Paul Weyrich was a firm believer in fascism and it was rumored he tried to start death squads to kill his political opponents. He was a member of a Eugenics Society

20. Hunt was a major funder of the Western Goals foundation, of which Roy Cohn was a board member of. This was a private intelligence gather operation, a lot like what Cambridge Analytica recently did with Facebook.

21 Weyrich and his cohorts discussed - in depth - how Yeltsin was the man they were looking for because he understand religon.

22. Two months later, the Council for National Policy held its annual meeting in Moscow.

23. At the same time, Allen Carlson was setting up the "World Congress of Families" at the Suggestion of "Sociology Professors" at Moscow State.

25. RACU received millions of dollars in funding from the Devos Family, and boasts Sam Brownback on the Board of Directors.

26. Throughout all of this, shitty economic policy allowed the current oligarchs to money launder and rape all the world economies.

27. In 2003, the Far Right Discovery Institute decided to offer an internship to Russian immigrant Yuri Mamchur

28. By 2005, He had launched “Russia Blog” out of the religious right think tank, the Discovery Institute. Russia Blog’s launch and success coincided with the Edward Lozansky published Russia Journal closing up shop after being hacked #TrumpRussia

29. In early 2007, the Discovery Institute officially launched the “Real Russia Project” website with Edward Lozansky and two of the fellows at his fake University listed as advisors.

30. In Exchange, Yuri Mamchur became a fellow at the fake University. By the end of 2007, Mamchur announced on Russia Blog that he had to stop posting and allow time for fundraising activities.

31.Lozansky launched http://WorldRussiaForum.com in partnership with the Discovery Institute for a three year period starting in 2009. The World Russia Forum has historically been used to introduce Unwitting Americans with Russian Spies and Propagandists.

32. He has also used it to unveil Pro-Russian think Tanks in the US like the Institute for Democracy and Cooperation in 2008
https://web.archive.org/web/20080425024840/http://www.russiablog.org:80/2008/04/john_mccain_is_invited_to_deba_1.php#more …

34. During Glenn Simpson's testimony a few months ago, he acknowledged that the Russian Orthodox Church is essentially an arm of the Russian State at this point.

35. In 2008, Kate Foronda registered the "Saviour Fund" in New York City to promote the Russian Orthodox Church in the US .http://thesaviourfund.org/

36. The Saviour Fund was involved in all of the World Russia Forums held at the Discovery Institute such as #TrumpRussia Mayflower Hotel eventer Bud Mcfarlane

37. Also at these Forums were the heads of RISS - who eventually drew up plans to swing the election to Trump. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/russian-think-tank-reportedly-had-plan-to-sway-u-s-election.html …

38. The Saviour Fund posted vidoes of Dennis Kucinich talking about his allegiance to Russia.

39. The Librarian Of Congress - James Billington - met with the Metropolitan Hilarion (Head of the Orthodox Church) and had him speak at the Library of Congress in 2011. https://mospat.ru/en/2011/02/11/news36140/

40. Kate Foronda created the Saviour Fund as a bridge between RU Govt and Conservatives within the United States. She posed as someone who cares about religion while it suited the govt, and then once Trump won the election she abandoned the Savior Fund to profit on Bitcoin.

41. In 2012, Master Propagandist Surkov became the main envoy to the Orthodox Church - and even founded a Youth Group to boot....

42. Surkov had created another Youth Group, the "Nashi" to form controlled "Managed Nationalism" during the Orange Revolution.

43. Surkov along with General Gerasimov formed what became the basis for Fascist Alexander Dugin's eurasian fascist worldview. Dugin’s main aspiration lay in consolidating support networks for the Kremlin and developing ideological unity for his “Eurasianist” geopolitics.

44. **It is important to note that much of the research on Dugin came from Alexander Reid Ross**

45. In 2004 and 2005, Lozansky held multiple forums with Dugin. https://web.archive.org/web/20180224180 ... embers.htm

46. In 09/2008, Lozansky joined Dugin for a conference with far-right figures such as creator of the European New Right Alain de Benoist, Duginist Israeli leader Avigdor Eskin and Israel Shamir, a holocaust denying antisemite who would later become Russian emissary for Wikileaks.

47. Within a few weeks, Dugin and Lozansky appeared together on the TV program “Three Corners” for a discussion on the merits of “soft power.” http://med.org.ru/article/4121

48. In our world (we are talking about the information space) ideas can also play a bigger role,” Lozansky cautioned, “even more important than guns and missiles.”

49. When Steve Bannon went to talk to the World Congress of Families in 2014 to expouse his Duginist views, he was already working with Cambridge Analytica on a campaign that hadn't started yet.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170801100011/http://www.dignitatishumanae.com:80/index.php/annual-conferences/conference-program-2014/ …

50. There is an argument to be made that Cambridge and SCL Group are engaged in a form of 4th dimensional warfare

51. The late Paul Weyrich, and WIlliam Lind are proponents of this idea that the government can be taken down by non-state actors. Trump met with Lind as his campaign for president ramped up.

52. In 2014, Jack Hanick left FoxNews to work for Orthodox Oligarch Konstantin Malofeev at the World Congress of Families

Here are some of the biggest players helping to spread anti-gay sentiment in Russia.

53. The Metropolitan Hilarion - arguably an agent of the Russian Intelligence Services met with Council for National Policy member Mike Pence in 2017

54. The CNP Vision statement seems to predict that they will be successful in bringing on the Christian Order in the next two years.

55. CNP members Jon Utley and Ed Meese went to Moscow in 2016 to work with Ed Lozansky and the Russian Foreign Ministry to erect statues of Gorbachev and Reagan - while the Russians were hacking our elections

57. Bolton, Pence, Bannon, Mercer, Devos, Erik Prince, JAY Sekulow, Conway and many many more of the Trump administration members are part of this garbage.

58. @jennycohn1 has spent a year covering the CNP mission to steal elections - I suggest you follow her.

The Council for National Policy (to which Kellyanne, Bannon, the DeVos family, the Mercers, Pence, Ken Blackwell, and two men whose families funded the largest voting machine vendor in the U.S.) has set a deadline of 2020 for restoring “religion and economic freedom and Judeo-Christian values” under the Constitution.

59. @textifire has done an amazing job covering the CNP - and by extension - Russia's involvement in Citizens United

60. I've made many threads connecting all the dots as well.Patrick Simpson added,

This is just the beginning of the story of Ed Lozansky and how he has.....infiltrated our political system.
https://thesternfacts.com/how-one-man-influenced-the-republican-partys-transformation-into-the-grand-old-putin-party-141589792320 …
Show this thread
Despite widespread counternarrative, decades of careful political machinations laid crucial groundwork for Donald Trump’s election.

61. The Amazing Folks at Citjourno are doing their due diligence revealing the Russian Mob's hand in everything going on. http://www.citjourno.org/

62. Grant Stern has been steadfast in his coverage of the BS that Russian Mobster Felix Sater spews at

You're welcome
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 10:32 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun May 06, 2018 10:39 am

Is this the kind of post the mods are happy to see here?

seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 8:38 am wrote:with all my love Rory...you made me do it :P

Patrick Simpson

Show this thread

Show this thread

Show this thread

Is this, too, the kind of post the mods are happy to see here?

Are these the kinds of post the mods are happy to see here? Apparently so. And if so, then there is clearly a double standard in operation here.

How does that double standard contribute to the health of General Discussion?
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Sun May 06, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 10:40 am

please site the rule I have broken ....you are very familiar with the rules...what is the double standard?

is there a rule about gifs that I do not know about?

and I believe we are able to post links other than RT Sputnik and TASS
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Sun May 06, 2018 10:42 am

MacCruiskeen » Sun May 06, 2018 6:39 am wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 8:38 am wrote:with all my love Rory...you made me do it :P

Patrick Simpson

Show this thread

Show this thread

Show this thread

Is this the kind of post the mods are happy to see here?

Is this, too, the kind of post the mods are happy to see here? Apparently so. And if so, then there is clearly a double standard in operation here.

I agree.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 10:43 am

I don't

seemslikeadream » Sun May 06, 2018 9:40 am wrote:please site the rule I have broken ....you are very familiar with the rules...what is the double standard?

is there a rule about gifs that I do not know about?

and I believe we are able to post links other than RT Sputnik and TASS

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion