Police search for shooter on grounds of Washington Navy Yard

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Police search for shooter on grounds of Washington Navy Yard

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:05 am

Police search for active shooter on grounds of Washington Navy Yard in Southeast D.C.

Michelle Boorstein/The Washington Post - Police investigate at the scene of a shooting Monday morning at the Washington Navy Yard.

By Peter Hermann and Maggie Fazeli Fard, Updated: Monday, September 16, 8:21 AM E-mail the writer
A D.C. police officer is among the people shot at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday morning.

A police spokesman confirmed at 9:20 a.m. that the officer was shot near the room where a lone gunman has barricaded himself after allegedly shooting at least three people on the Navy Yard grounds in Southeast Washington

The U.S. Navy said that three shots were fired around 8:20 a.m. at the Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters building, where about 3,000 people work.

Police said that at least three, possibly four, people were shot. All are in critical condition, authorities said.

A “shelter in place” order has been issued for Navy Yard personnel, authorities said.

Police closed the 11th St Bridge as well as M St SE between 2nd and 4th streets SE due to the shooting. Entrances to the Navy Yard Metro station remain open.

U.S. Capitol Police confirmed enhanced security at the Capitol, but no immediate threat.

Tyler Elementary School at 10th and G streets in Southeast is on lockdown.

As helicopters circled overhead and emergency vehicles continued to rush to the scene, crowds of onlookers gathered on sidewalks and at a construction site near the Navy Yard, but police pushed them back, yelling at them to keep a distance from the grounds.

One employee who declined to give his name said he heard “blam, blam” inside one of the buildings, then someone pulled the fire alarm.

“We aren’t going back on base today,” he said. “[But] there are still people inside.”

Reports began circulating around 9:30 a.m. that the suspect was “down,” but D.C. police said the suspect is still on the loose and “hiding between floors.”
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Police search for shooter on grounds of Washington Navy

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 am

Isaiah Washington is holding his head in his hands right now. Bad timing, bro! Bummer.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:33 am

Police search for active shooters on grounds of Washington Navy Yard in Southeast D.C.

Michelle Boorstein/The Washington Post - Police investigate at the scene of a shooting Monday morning at the Washington Navy Yard.

By Peter Hermann and Maggie Fazeli Fard, Updated: Monday, September 16, 9:15 AM E-mail the writer

Police say three shooters, including at least one in fatigues, have shot at least 10 people at the Washington Navy Yard.

Police said at least one of the shooters is “down,” but it was unclear whether that means the suspect has been arrested or shot. Two remain at large, and police believe they have pinned down one between the third and fourth floors of one of the buildings on the installation in Southeast Washington.

As hundreds of police officers from various agencies converged on the scene, officials at Reagan National Airport ordered all outgoing flights held.

Police on the scene said at least eight civilians were shot, along with the two police officers. One is a D.C. Metro Police officer who was shot two times in the leg and was evacuated on a helicopter that took off from a rooftop, police said. The other officer worked at the base. Except for the officer who was taken away by helicopter, all the other injured were being treated on the ground, police said.

A Navy Yard employee reached by telephone shortly before 10 a.m. said employees are still being told to shelter in place. She did not hear the shots, but described sirens, SWAT teams, Marines and a helicopter responding.

The U.S. Navy said that three shots were fired around 8:20 a.m. at the Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters building, where about 3,000 people work.

Police closed the 11th St Bridge as well as M St SE between 2nd and 4th streets SE due to the shooting. Entrances to the Navy Yard Metro station remain open.

U.S. Capitol Police confirmed enhanced security at the Capitol, but no immediate threat.

Tyler Elementary School at 10th and G streets in Southeast is on lockdown.

As helicopters circled overhead and emergency vehicles continued to rush to the scene, crowds of onlookers gathered on sidewalks and at a construction site near the Navy Yard, but police pushed them back, yelling at them to keep a distance from the grounds.

One employee who declined to give his name said he heard “blam, blam” inside one of the buildings, then someone pulled the fire alarm.

“We aren’t going back on base today,” he said. “[But] there are still people inside.”

Reports began circulating around 9:30 a.m. that the suspect was “down,” but D.C. police said the suspect is still on the loose and “hiding between floors.”
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby The Consul » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 am

My guess is by lunctime it will be revised to either:

A. Lone nut gunman
B. Misfit serviceman with Syrian roots.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 pm

one dead shooter

2 potential other shooters..one white male...another shooter black male

4 dead 10 injured
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Gunman identified as Aaron Alexis 34 of Texas ....dead

12 dead

still looking for 2 other possible suspects

maybe this guy? :shrug:
http://www.mugshotsonline.com/texas/for ... s/45611151
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby The Consul » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

From LA Times

At least 12 people, including a shooter, have been confirmed dead in a rampage at the Washington Navy Yard, District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray said Monday. Officials continue to search for two “potential” additional suspects in the case, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said, although other officials say the evidence indicates only one gunman was involved.

"Other Officials" must have mostly had the day off. Poor inter-agency coordination, happens every time. They are now all scrambling back to work from the picadillos with Charleston cigar girls to walk this whole thing back and activate The Lone Nut Gunman Act of 1963.

"Other Officials", thank god, always come in to inform the local officials that they did not see what they saw and what happened didn't really happen the way it happened. It happened THIS way. And the major media wordsluts comply by quoting "other officials" so as to plant the evolving meme. By evenening news time we will be hearing about how the shooter was a disgruntled misfit loser who should have just blown his brains out at home so we'd have more newstime to devote to January Jones.
— B. Traven
The Consul

Postby Nordic » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:24 pm

There's a news story today about January Jones???? How did I miss that?

Funny, I was expecting some sort of something they could blame on Syria. Wonder if this will be it. Seems right on cue.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby justdrew » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm

and from "it's all about me" land...

larouche and birch had a baby named alex...

Alex Jones: Globalist conspiracy created Navy Yard ‘patsy’ shooter to ‘discredit’ me
By David Edwards | Monday, September 16, 2013 15:25 EDT

Only hours after at least 12 people were reportedly left dead from a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, fringe conservative radio host Alex Jones had already announced that the tragedy was a globalist conspiracy to “discredit” him.

“You better believe that even if they’re just pure jihadis that did this, even connected to Al-Qaeda groups out of the Middle East being commanded by the leader of Al-Qaeda last Friday to attack the United States… even if that’s the case, you can believe, like the last three or four cases, they’re going to try to connect it to Inforwars.com and yours truly, part of the long-term demonization campaign,” Jones explained.

Inforwars.com is a conspiracy website founded by Jones.

“If you want to wonder how big this radio show is, even separate from the website, it’s the fact that they try to pin, I’d say, about half the major crimes, we get brought into it,” he insisted. “It’s because we’ve got their number, we know who the globalists are, we know what their program is. And they’re very concerned that we be discredited so that people will not look at what we cover on the radio show, the Infowars nightly news and on the websites.”

Jones added that the circumstances of Monday’s shooting had “patsy written all over it.”

He speculated that a drill was staged at the Navy Yard, and then “feds” or contractors in masks shot the people who showed up for the drill.

“This is how you would stage a false flag, and then you go back and enter part of the FBI team,” the radio host opined. “They responded minutes after, really, but it took three hours for this to start winding down.”
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby DrVolin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm

activate The Lone Nut Gunman Act of 1963.

I have to remember that one.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Right on time. DC Sniper/Fort Hood mashup remix.

Also right on time the "It had to do with *insert name of country US wants to war with*" , "FALSE FLAG TO BAN GUNS", and the old "there had to have been a second shooter!"

Yep, mornin Ralph mornin Uncle Sam
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby The Consul » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Pretty soon it will be like seeing a UFO. If you are somewhere minding your own and you see three guys with assault rifles opening up on innocent people at random you won't want to tell anyone about it since you will know that by the top of the news cycle it will be one deranged mothertrucking weather baloon (exception to rule is Islamofacists who can be seen in bundles up to sixteen.
— B. Traven
The Consul

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Well it begs to question, can we ever just take at face value incidents where ONE individual goes on a shooting rampage? Or is there always this para-cultural assumption there's multiple shooters?
San Ysidro Mcdonalds 1984, Charles Whitman in Texas, Fergusson L.I.E. train 1993. Maybe every shooting has phantom covert sniper teams! :)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby KeenInsight » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Another reminder of what our government policy inspired. The government after all is like the "adult" to the civilian children. And the adult goes around killing people in other countries, or rather leading soldiers to their ruin and coming back like this; suicidal or otherwise. Other soldiers have been increasingly angered by the government's lies about who they are fighting, enemies that are to this very day covertly funded. These things are bound to happen if the country continues to head down the destructive path it has taken.

Personally, I still can't discern if the elite political leaders, the military industrial complex folks, and others literally controlling the sinking ship of America realize what they are doing. If they are really so naive, so greedy, that they are simply blinded to the reality, the truth.

The constant military spending will absolutely ruin it - it literally can not sustain the path they've steered it on. Wars don't help a nation's economies, they never have, they hurt its people most, from the civilians and the soldiers who came back as empty shells. These shootings are a byproduct of this crazy system.

"So the more unnecessary wars American launches and the more innocent civilians we kill, the less foreign investment in America, the more destruction to our capital stock, the higher the level of uncertainty, the more counter-terrorism expenditures and the less expenditures in more productive sectors, and the greater the hit to tourism and some other industries."

Only until this nation cuts its military spending, and cut the chains of the corrupt banking system, will it ever began a healing process, possibly decades from these constant tragedies and reminders of the crimes our leaders committed. I believe the U.S. has been in a state of Distress for over 50 years, hijacked by a clandestine bureaucracy, gradually building to the insanity of what we see today.
KeenInsight

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 pm

KeenInsight » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm wrote:Another reminder of what our government policy inspired. The government after all is like the "adult" to the civilian children. And the adult goes around killing people in other countries, or rather leading soldiers to their ruin and coming back like this; suicidal or otherwise. Other soldiers have been increasingly angered by the government's lies about who they are fighting, enemies that are to this very day covertly funded. These things are bound to happen if the country continues to head down the destructive path it has taken.

Personally, I still can't discern if the elite political leaders, the military industrial complex folks, and others literally controlling the sinking ship of America realize what they are doing. If they are really so naive, so greedy, that they are simply blinded to the reality, the truth.

The constant military spending will absolutely ruin it - it literally can not sustain the path they've steered it on. Wars don't help a nation's economies, they never have, they hurt its people most, from the civilians and the soldiers who came back as empty shells. These shootings are a byproduct of this crazy system.

"So the more unnecessary wars American launches and the more innocent civilians we kill, the less foreign investment in America, the more destruction to our capital stock, the higher the level of uncertainty, the more counter-terrorism expenditures and the less expenditures in more productive sectors, and the greater the hit to tourism and some other industries."

Only until this nation cuts its military spending, and cut the chains of the corrupt banking system, will it ever began a healing process that will take many more years from these constant tragedies and reminders of the crimes our leaders committed. I believe the U.S. has been in a state of Distress for over 50 years, hijacked by a clandestine bureaucracy, gradually building to the insanity of what we see today.

Couldn't agree more. I personally can't in good conscience support the military. I know even for most liberals that's an extreme position, "hate the wars but support the military"...and I know most people in the services are good people on average. But the military makes no sense. It's always been at it's core about spoiled whiny temper tantrum boys who act out. I don't see much difference between the military and Westboro, the Klan or NAMBLA. Perhaps, even worse. It's also strange seeing young people who know about conspiracies, corporate realities, and the horrors of war still end up enlisting with the "well, I was looking at my life options and"....
Darwin Award goes to anyone who died or got injured in modern lie based wars.
8bitagent

Next

Return to General Discussion