Comments On Images Only Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Comments On Images Only Thread

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:45 pm

The Druid priests visit Douchehenge
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 pm

part Native American, growing up in Ireland......living and voting in California is a beautiful thing
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:26 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 am wrote:part Native American, growing up in Ireland......living and voting in California is a beautiful thing

Lmao
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Indeed, Rory. T'is to laugh.

J.
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:27 am

Photo of DonTheCon trump who worked closely with Roy Cohn for years in the 1980s. Roy was also the most trusted attorney for the Five biggest Mafia Families in America at that time.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

^^ Reminded me of pics I recently saw of Al Capone's cell at Eastern State Penitentiary.
(Will Trump's bars be gold or gold-plated?)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:54 am

Long term loan ...he can move this to his private quarter prison cell when he changes residences :evilgrin

Last year the Guggenheim Museum received a request from First Lady Melania Trump and the Office of the Curator of the presidential mansion to borrow the museum’s Vincent van Gogh’s 1888 Landscape With Snow to hang in the private quarters of the White House. It’s a beauty too, a pastel-colored winter scene painted the week van Gogh arrived from Paris in Arles. Museum deputy director Nancy Spector’s response was respectful, reflective, and simple. In a letter to the White House declining, she explained honestly that the work is “prohibited from travel except for the rarest of occasions,” and that it was already scheduled to be exhibited in the museum’s Bilbao, Spain, building. Then Spector offered the White House an alternative.

With the artist’s consent, she suggested Maurizio Cattelan’s 2016 America, a fully functional, gold-plated toilet, which she said could be placed in the private quarters “for a long-term loan,” adding that the work is “extremely valuable and somewhat fragile,” but that the museum would “provide all the instructions for its installation and care.”
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 pm

"Will Trump's bars be gold or gold-plated?"

Cold and plated with paint.
Iamwhomiam

Re: Image On Comments On Images Only Thread

Postby Cordelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:55 pm

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Charming!
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:21 pm

I have that exact same secretary desk! It was my grandmother's. When I was a little kid I'd get up on a chair and examine the sundry contents of the glass-doored hutch section. She kept her Frank Edwards books in there—my introduction to UFOs and the paranormal. :basicsmile

Nice cave, too! Don't tell me it's Hitler's bunker. :blankstare
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:45 am

^^^ Here's a closer view of Capone's secretaire, along with 'Al' entering a replica of his cell.

Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:02 pm

my mom didn't have a desk like Capone's but her first husband did run corn for him out of Chicago and Detroit ....spent a lot of time in Wisconsin.....I have lots of pics and stories from those days
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:02 pm wrote:my mom didn't have a desk like Capone's but her first husband did run corn for him out of Chicago and Detroit ....spent a lot of time in Wisconsin.....I have lots of pics and stories from those days

Reminded me of something I heard about NASCAR...

NASCAR Rooted in Prohibition Bootlegging

From North Carolina to Spokane, Washington, bootleggers during Prohibition used “souped up” automobiles to stay to ahead of federal agents and local police while transporting illegal whiskey on back roads in the dark of night.

The idea was fairly simple – take a car that looked ordinary on the outside, modify the engine for greater speed, remove the floor boards, passenger and back seats to store as many cases of liquor as possible, install extra suspension springs to handle the weight, a dirt-protecting plate in front of the radiator and run the prohibited booze to customers by outsmarting or outrunning the authorities.

To elude federal Prohibition agents, sheriffs and cops on the road, these daring “runners” needed sharp driving skills to speed and maneuver along dirt, gravel, single-lane, and occasionally, paved roads after dark and at times with their headlights turned off.

Even before Prohibition came to an end in 1933, racing these high-performance cars became a popular pastime among the “runners” in North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia and elsewhere in the South. They raced each other’s cars, many of them Ford models, on weekend afternoons out in the country on makeshift dirt tracks. Such were the bootlegger roots of the stock car, and what would evolve into the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, or NASCAR, in 1947.

Booze runners looked for good mechanics who knew how to make their engines run faster and handle better than police vehicles. This became even more important in 1932, when Ford introduced its flathead V-8, with eight cylinders, a powerful car that runners started using as did police departments to keep pace.

By the nature of their illegal liquor business, veering fast along curvy, mountainous roads, runners taught themselves to be the best stock car drivers of the era and beyond. Although national Prohibition ended in 1933, production of illegal whiskey continued for years afterward to avoid taxes and regulations. Many future NASCAR drivers cut their teeth bootlegging illegal moonshine in the 1940s, such as NASCAR Hall of Famer Junior Johnson, who won his learner’s permit by running corn mash hooch before his NASCAR debut in 1955.

Edmund Fahey of Spokane, Washington, who smuggled cases of Scotch whiskey from Canada inside his modified Buick across the border in the early ’20s, wrote in his 1972 autobiography that runners had to guard against getting flats in the era’s flimsy tubed tires and be good roadside mechanics, almost like a race car driver and crew in one.

“The rum smuggler put his cars through mechanical tests as tough as those devised by test drivers,” he wrote. “Tires were put to the severest possible tests. Heavy loads, hauled over the toughest of roads often at reckless speeds, kept the rubber on your car always under the utmost strain. Therefore, the rum smuggler at all times used the best tires that could be bought. In fact, several companies developed tires especially for the rum-running trade. Many a runner served time in jail simply because his rubber failed him at some critical moment.”

Fahey dropped out of the runner’s racket after an arrest and six-month jail sentence in the mid-’20s and did not end up as a racer.

The legacy of the Prohibition runner went beyond casual backwoods racing in 1936, when the city of Daytona, Florida, held the first organized stock car race as a promotion. It lost money, but a Prohibition-era mechanic named Bill France, who placed fifth in the race, was determined to find a way to organize stock car racing. It took him more than a decade, but NASCAR’s organization set a single set of rules for racetracks and formalized the sport. The first NASCAR race was held in Daytona on February 15, 1948. The winner, in a modified Ford, was Red Byron, a former moonshine runner.

http://prohibition.themobmuseum.org/the ... ohibition/

Cordelia

Postby Cordelia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Tuned in to the tail end of NPR’s Easter travel show w/Rick Steves to hear his guest encourage listeners to visit Israel and also travel to Bethlehem. He stressed that, though the land is soiled w/blood shed in wars and conflicts throughout history, it’s perfectly safe. He asked listeners (facetiously?) to close their eyes and imagine Roman, instead of Israeli, guards. Knowing I won't travel back in time or to the Holy Lands, I did the best I could.

Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion