Comments On Images Only Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Comments On Images Only Thread

Postby Cordelia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:28 am

April 30 will mark 42 years since the United States officially ended 20 years of dragging a beautiful country and its people through war, leaving it battered, bloodied and broken.

How far we've come.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:34 am

it left families here battered, bloodied, sick, addicted also ..we live the nightmare every single day taking care of the loved ones that are still alive but destroyed by that war and there is no escape from real life

sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDsTeghJOHA
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby SonicG » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:41 am

https://medium.com/@kate8/fairytale-pri ... f7b97fff29

Fairytale Prisoner by Choice: The Photographic Eye of Melania Trump
Why won’t the first lady show up for her job? Why? I became obsessed with this question and eventually looked to Melania’s Twitter history for answers. I noticed that in the three-year period between June 3, 2012 and June 11, 2015 she tweeted 470 photos which she appeared to have taken herself. I examined these photographs as though they were a body of work.
Everyone has an eye, whether or not we see ourselves as photographers. What we choose to photograph and how we frame subjects always reveals a little about how we perceive the world. For someone like Melania, media-trained, controlled and cloistered, her collection of Twitter photography provides an otherwise unavailable view into the reality of her existence. Nowhere else — certainly not in interviews or public appearances — is her guard so far down.
What is that reality? She is Rapunzel with no prince and no hair, locked in a tower of her own volition, and delighted with the predictability and repetition of her own captivity.
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Elvis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:44 am

SonicG » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:41 pm wrote:https://medium.com/@kate8/fairytale-prisoner-by-choice-the-photographic-eye-of-melania-trump-f1f7b97fff29

Thanks for that...I like many of Melania Trump's photos, especially these:

They are cropped, mostly, and I think to good effect. Also it looks like some pics had 'photoshop' filters applied. It's quite possible Melania knows more about what she's doing than the blogger critic suggests (the critic's psychoanalysis seems a little forced in places). Whether by accident or design, I think the pictures above are just great.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 am

If you are going to be publishing -- and this is what we are all doing and have been doing for the last 25 years of mass Internet, publishing, and I mean that still in the original sense of the word -- so if you are going to be publishing, I say, especially if you are going to be publishing visual works, or your thoughts on stuff other than your mom's cake at family tea-times, or your fiction, or your deeply held opinions, or your possible meta-ironic cries for help that you know with absolute certainty will be viewed by tens of millions (what a strange and foreign bubble that is, even Hollywood actors don't know for sure whether their next movie will draw), then it's to be expected and for any remotely self-respecting (or self-loving) publisher required that you develop some artistry, craft and style, no? And this is a show business family, is it not, so one would expect she's picked up on that (as if she wasn't a natural and developed talent in the first place). Thus, in my rambling eighteenth-century aping fashion, do I agree: it's got a message. We're all in on the joke, if we want to be.

How this works has really come to fascinate me. For example, with this...

not knowing anything of the story, how could my first response not be to see this?

I was wrong, at least as far as the intent and origin of the work was concerned. As I then learned.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:29 pm

The homeless population in Los Angeles County is now reported to be almost 58,000; a 23% increase in a year.......

Los Angeles County Supervisor Janice Hahn described the figures as "staggering".

Los Angeles homeless numbers jump 23% in a year

1 June 2017

Los Angeles - US 'homeless capital'

homeless in LA city

20%
increase on 2016

57,794 homeless in LA County
23% increase on 2016

Source: Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40115541

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby km artlu » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:46 pm

I understand that I could only be referencing my own habitual reaction here. But it probably isn't uncommon, when conceptualizing from the word "homeless", to think of these people as - the others.

A growing portion of those numbers are individuals or families who've suddenly slid away from a regular middle-class life. A confluence of combined bad luck....job loss + medical expenses + car repairs + extended family disunity, etc. and many of us now in relative comfort would join these statistics.

I don't see how any government - local, state, and federal - can be considered legitimate when this is happening within its domain. Nor am I a citizen in any meaningful sense. Homelessness exists where I live, although on a comparatively minimal scale to that of LA, but I do nothing about it.

"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold."

And yet, notice the two dogs in Cordelia's last image; and who is caring for them.
km artlu

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:08 pm

The President is a liar

- James Comey
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Not a 'cure' for homelessness, but unless/until co-opted by those w/other agendas, or zoned ‘illegal’, what a creative, cooperative (and 'cost-effective') endeavor to provide shelter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQR0LijbeLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq6yEjQoHp4

Cordelia

Postby SonicG » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:54 am

Kissinger baby, Kissinger...I mean ...what year is it?
The Kissinger Backchannel to Moscow
Major U.S. media outlets insinuate that President Trump’s advisers are traitors for secretly talking to Russians, but they ignore the history of Henry Kissinger doing the same thing for Richard Nixon

by Gareth Porter Posted on June 05, 2017
Last week’s leak to the Washington Post of an intelligence report about President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner meeting with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in early December to discuss a possible back channel to Moscow appears to represents the climax of the campaign of leaks against the Trump team regarding contacts between Trump associates and Russians.

The leak about Kushner came shortly after another sensational story broadcast by CNN on May 17 about US intelligence picking up conversations among Russian officials during the presidential campaign in which they bragged about having cultivated a relationship with retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and expressed the belief they could use him to influence Trump.

Those two leaks sandwiched extraordinary testimony by former CIA Director John Brennan before the House Intelligence Committee on May 23 in which he said he was concerned about “intelligence” regarding Russian efforts to “suborn” certain Americans – meaning to induce them to commit unlawful acts. That may have been a reference to the leaked interception of Russians bragging about their relationship with Flynn that had just been reported.

“It raised questions in my mind about whether the Russian’s efforts were successful,” Brennan said.

Then, Brennan offered an inflammatory comment reminiscent of McCarthyism. “Frequently people who go along a treasonous path do not know they are on a treasonous path until it is too late,” Brennan said.

The Kissinger Precedent

But the Brennan-Clapper line insinuating that the Kushner request for contacts with the Russians was potentially treasonous collapses in light of the well-documented story of how President-elect Richard Nixon’s national security adviser-designate Henry Kissinger established his own personal backchannel to the Soviet leadership in 1968 using a known KGB operative with whom he had been meeting for years as his contact.

Historian Richard A. Moss of the Naval War College recently published an authoritative book-length study of the Kissinger backchannel showing that that Kissinger began setting up his backchannel to the Soviet government leadership through his Soviet contact in December 1968 soon after being named Nixon’s choice for national security adviser.

And it shows that Kissinger seized on the one Soviet government contact he already had to establish the backchannel. That was Boris Sedov, whom Kissinger knew to be a KGB operative. Kissinger had been acquainted with Sedov from the latter’s visits to Harvard. The two continued the contacts after Nixon’s election in 1968.

Full at
http://original.antiwar.com/porter/2017 ... to-moscow/

Being from AntiWar, it comes down on the Russian accusations as neo-Mcarthyism side, which I don't quite agree with... This bizarre replay of Nixon is stepped up to another level with Trump being a true President of the Oligarchy and no real geo-political bearings...Buzzing China and NorKor here and there..."poor little babies" and a few wasted missiles in the desert...Continue Afghanistan, encourage SA to destroy Yemen...Qatar??
Were it to be that Kissinger is the 5D chess master? Now, just playing for fun, the power-holders do not even have to whisper to him their desires...he has subsumed all of their needs...While pretending that Trump is anti-global, the fomenting of a bi or tri-polar world only makes the world that much more global.
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Cordelia » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Jolie laide (Beautiful Ugly)

"The fact is that the beautiful, humanly speaking, is merely form considered in its simplest aspect, in its most perfect symmetry, in its most entire harmony with our make-up. Thus the ensemble that it offers us is always complete, but restricted like ourselves. What we call the ugly, on the contrary, is a detail of a great whole which eludes us, and which is in harmony, not with man but with all creation. That is why it constantly presents itself to us in new but incomplete aspects."

~ Victor Hugo ~

Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Gorgeous......beautiful.... operator kos
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:30 am

For a guy who got down on both knees for Putin, you sure seem to have a problem with someone who took one knee for principle.

1. THREAD: We're told #TakeAKnee is "disrespecting our flag." But let's get real about what it REALLY means to disrespect the American flag.

Peter Daou‏Verified account @peterdaou 13h13 hours ago

2. "Disrespecting our flag" is GOP policies that target the most vulnerable Americans. https://verrit.com/the-republican-party ... -children/ … #TakeAKnee

3. "Disrespecting our flag" is stealing a Supreme Court pick from America's first Black president. https://verrit.com/untold-damage-from-t ... ourt-seat/ … #TakeAKnee

4. "Disrespecting our flag" is standing down as a hostile foreign power interferes in our free elections. https://verrit.com/to-deny-that-russia- ... mon-sense/ … #TakeAKnee

More
5. "Disrespecting our flag" is attacking science as we face the existential threat of #climatechange. https://verrit.com/america-got-an-anti- ... eded-most/ … #TakeAKnee

More
6. "Disrespecting our flag" is systematic voter suppression that undermines Americans' right to vote. https://verrit.com/democrats-face-voter ... ing-media/ … #TakeAKnee

7. "Disrespecting our flag" is equivocating on Nazis. https://verrit.com/pence-vouches-for-tr ... supremacy/ … #TakeAKnee

Guess Milo Yiannopolis, Steve Bannon & Ann Coulter got the Free Speech Week they wanted after all.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 am

One of these pigs is president of the United States and was elected with that fact common knowledge
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 am

Donald Trump: Puerto Rico Wants 'Everything to Be Done for Them’
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion