Comments On Images Only Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Comments On Images Only Thread

Postby Cordelia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 am

seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 am wrote:One of these pigs is president of the United States and was elected with that fact common knowledge

I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything... grab them by the p-----.

Donald Trump 2005

I wonder how female White House interns are faring. (Looks like everyone is protecting their genitals.)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:16 pm

there's a thread for that ..Jack has a system

you have to ask here :)

Morty please?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby minime » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:16 pm wrote:there's a thread for that ..Jack has a system

you have to ask here :)

Morty please?

I'm aware, thanks.

As I said, Morty already provided the link in the link code.

Jack's method was intended for comments on the images. I have no comment. Just want the link.

Should be easy enough. Not at all intrusive, relatively speaking.
minime

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 am

Public service announcement:

The proper way to use this feature is to first open Google Image Search in another tab. Click on the image you want to learn more about and drag it over to the Google tab. In this way you can instantly search by image without saving files or copying anything.

I do this at least a couple of times a day, it's actually very useful :)

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:A ... 1NCQ&hl=en
cptmarginal

Postby smoking since 1879 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am

Public service announcement [ADDENDUM]:

Google Chrome, on my pc at least, has this shortcut option on the right click menu.

Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Now that the assertive, the self-aggrandising, the arrogant and the self-opinionated have allowed their obnoxious foolishness to beggar us all I see no reason in listening to their drivelling nonsense any more." Stanilic
smoking since 1879

Postby minime » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:49 am

:)
minime

Postby smoking since 1879 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 am

no thanks for me or the captain ?
"Now that the assertive, the self-aggrandising, the arrogant and the self-opinionated have allowed their obnoxious foolishness to beggar us all I see no reason in listening to their drivelling nonsense any more." Stanilic
smoking since 1879

Postby minime » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:37 pm

I appreciate all responses, even the snark.

The helpful ones I appreciate most of all.

Thanks, cptmarginal and smoking since 1879.
minime

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:59 am

The White House's Christmas Decor Looks Straight Out of a Horror Film

Beth Elderkin
Yesterday 4:00pmFiled to: HOLY CRAP WTF

Forget the Upside Down. The real strangest thing of 2017 is that the White House has chosen to get into the Christmas spirit by making the Presidential residence look like a dark alternate dimension where everything is dying and all hope is lost. I mean, it’s definitely appropriate, but it’s still a bizarre decision.

White House communications director Stephanie Grisham shared this peek at First Lady Melania Trump’s first-ever holiday decorations at the White House, and it’s basically a scene out of a horror film. Gaze at the deadened branches as they cast evil, ominous shadows over the walls, looking as if they’re stretching their fury into a grey, listless sky.

Granted, the hallway looks nicer when it’s fully lit up, although there’s still the problem that the decorations are so boring they make the White House way too white and unpleasant (cough). But the staff can’t leave the lights on all the time—and when they’re off, the nightmare becomes real, turning this spot into one of the scariest hallways in America.

But let’s not dwell on its obvious unpleasantries. I’m not one to look a terrifying gift horse in the mouth! Let’s conjure up some festive comparisons, shall we?

The forest that warns Chris against the impending Sunken Place

Judge Frollo’s new frolicking room where he sings about how “the devil is so much stronger than a man”

The woods from The Witch (also M. Night Shyamalan’s The Village)

Snow White’s escape route from the Huntsman

The White Witch’s favorite forest in Narnia, before those pesky kings and queens come in to spoil her fun

Basically any episode of American Horror Story

That spot where Voldemort drank a unicorn’s blood

The road to the Cabin in the Woods, somewhere in between the creepy gas station attendant and all the death in the universe
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-white-house ... 1820771097
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:21 am

WR is so amusing......I wish I had thought to immortalize all mine in screen caps
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:15 pm

A tanker carrying Russian liquefied natural gas (LNG) has arrived in the US despite US-imposed sanctions against the company that produced it
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:24 am

from the tweeterverse

brady looks like the overconfident european assassin who dies in the last twenty minutes of an action movie

Tom Brady looks like he just dropped a sick West German techno-pop album

Tom Brady looks like an actual James Bond villain

arriving at the Super Bowl like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s

he looks like he's arriving to a cryptocurrency convention

Tom Brady looks like a rogue secret service agent in a bad 80’s movie

Tom Brady’s pursuit of fully becoming weird TV preacher Joseph Prince continues unabated.

Tom Brady looks like a guy who tells you he hunts vampires for a living and you have no choice but to believe him ... because of course he does.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 pm

A potential encroachment by Earthlings on Martians brought to mind a conversation with a friend the other day about ......

Mountain of Trash: Everest’s Environmental Disaster

Jamling Tenzing Norgay (son of the Tenzing Norgay, who conquered Everest for the first time with Sir Edmund Hillary in 1953) wrote an opinion piece on the perils facing the region as a result of Everest’s exploding popularity.

Everest’s destruction is more than cosmetic—it has dire consequences for the local population.

“These activities have created a major ecological problem,” warned Norgay. “They are also evidence of disrespect by the climbing community, and a disregard for nature by those men and women who believe their personal conquests are more important than preservation of the integrity of a unique environment.”

Trash is a major concern. While we often picture the Himalayas as pristine, in reality, Everest’s snows cover empty oxygen tanks, wrappers, cans, and an array of debris left behind by climbers. In May, five days of cleaning removed four tons of rubbish from the mountain. (Norgay referred to the region as “he world’s highest garbage dump.)

The region surrounding the mountain is equally exploited, culturally as well as environmentally. “Forests have been denuded for visitor’s campfires,” writes Norgay. “Gore-tex parkas have replaced chubas and other traditional robes, and Snickers bars have become as common as yak butter.”

Thankfully, the problem hasn’t escaped the attention of the region’s authorities. NGOs have sent trash-collecting expeditions up the mountain, and climbers are now slapped with a significant fine if they don’t bring their garbage back with them. Locals have begun using solar power, and there is renewed interest in managing not only trash, but waste treatment, deforestation, and climate change.

Everest’s destruction is more than cosmetic—it has dire consequences for the local population. Higher temperatures and melting snow and glaciers put the region at risk of flash floods. Overgrazing and deforestation threaten endemic species with extinction.

Norgay himself warned of the perilous side effects of human interference on the mountain, writing, “I believe that the recent increase in Himalayan climbing deaths, and disastrous avalanches and landslides, are symptoms of a new era of pollution and defilement…We must reclaim respect for the mountains and the fragile environment that surrounds them.”

https://daily.jstor.org/mountain-trash- ... -disaster/

Not to mention the bodies to step over........

The extraordinary cost of retrieving dead bodies from Mount Everest

Most of Everest’s more than 250 deaths have occurred on the portion of the mountain above 26,000 feet, which is referred to as the “death zone.” Until 2010, the death zone had never been cleared of the many bodies and trash littering it and making the path more treacherous for future climbers, the Guardian reported.

“This is the first time we are cleaning the death zone,” Namgyal Sherpa, leader of the Extreme Everest Expedition 2010, told the newspaper. “It is very difficult and dangerous.”

And it’s not a one-man job. As Arnette explained, it requires multiple — generally six to 10 — Sherpas most of a day to bring a body down the mountain.............

Continued
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... ab8fd64d31

The Man Trying to Fix Mount Everest's Towering Poop Problem

Volunteer engineers and architects want to solve Mount Everest's most unsolvable problem: its landfills of human waste.

Mount Everest is more accessible than ever. Better gear, amenities, and the help of tireless guides have swamped the mountain with intrepid tourists. More than 36,000 people toured the region in 2016, marking a 34 percent increase in visitation compared to 2015.

The heightened interest in Mount Everest has been a revenue boon for Nepal. Climbers spend $30,000 to $100,000 each on the endeavor, depending on their choice of permit and expedition company. But more people also means more waste, including human waste. Yes, poop—lots of it.

More than 26,000 pounds of human excrement is dumped at Mount Everest’s Base Camp annually. There, it remains, fetid in blue barrels (equipped with toilet seats!), until Sherpa porters can transport it to Gorak Shep, a frozen lakebed that’s become Everest’s ad-hoc landfill. In 2014, Nepal’s government ruled that climbers must leave the mountain with 17.6 lbs of trash or forfeit a $4,000 garbage deposit, but the excess of human waste has remained a different kind of dilemma.

“It just struck me from an emotional standpoint,” Garry Porter, a seasoned climber and retired Boeing Company engineer, told me.

“We’d been in the most fantastic country in the world, had this trip, and we’re watching them haul our poop away. It didn’t balance with where we’d been,” Porter added. “And that was our final tribute to the Nepalese people?”

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... op-problem

That's 13+ Tons per anum annum.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Purdue's Microbots

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:40 am

Burnt Hill

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Trump says that he would have run into the school unarmed, to save the kids from bullets

Parade for women’s voting rights, 105 years ago this week, Pennsylvania Avenue DC
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion