Psyops & Metaphors: A Meditation on The Invisible War

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Psyops & Metaphors: A Meditation on The Invisible War

Postby Truth4Youth » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Despite having generally moved on from the "Truther" movement in recent years I nonetheless find myself still interested in "conspiracy theories" both as a source of creative inspiration for storytelling and more importantly as powerful metaphors. The latter idea of "conspiracy theories" as metaphors comes from my studies of the late philosopher Robert Anton Wilson, whom of course is a figure of constant interest here at RI. As RAW once said, “We're trapped in linguistic constructs... all that is is metaphor.” From his purview, heavily influenced by the thinking of Alfred Korzybski and his theory of General Semantics, every ideology, conspiracy theory, etc. represents a way of interpreting the world. According to RAW's standpoint we use our belief systems, or as he would call them BS, in order to try and create a stable reality in a universe where achieving objective understanding is, at this point, impossible because due to limitations imposed on us by the hard-wiring of the human. He termed these ways of perceiving the world "reality tunnels".

Now I myself must admit to having a a hard time fully wrapping my head around these ideas. My basic conception of RAW's hypothesis is that all thinking is really just an exercise in naval-gazing, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My interest, however, is not in the totality of the hypothesis itself (which in many ways I doubt) but it's interest in the idea of metaphors. Since becoming aware of this idea that "everything is metaphor" I have begun viewing various conspiracy narratives as metaphors for something else entirely and have found it very helpful. For example, the popular conspiracy theory among my fellow 20 something's right now is the viral phenomenon spread through Youtube videos and 'underground' hip-hop artists asserting that major stars in the music industry like Lady Gaga, Beyonce, and Jay-Z are being manufactured and promoted by the Illuminati as a way of social engineering the masses. While I personally find this theory preposterous I have found it a useful metaphor for how America's "cult of celebrity" distracts the population from more pertinent issues and how the music industry doesn't push politically-conscious artists.

This leads me to the most popular fad in the conspiracy community today: viewing current and historical events as psyops (psychological operations). Of course, this has always been a rather popular trend within the CC (conspiracy community) tracing back to the mysterious, possibly even fictitious James Shelby Downard and his colleague the revisionist historian Michael A. Hoffman II. Their most notable contribution to the field is infamous essay "King Kill 33°" in which the writers posit that the JFK assassination was a Masonic ritual known as the "Killing of the King" in order to not only achieve the US moon landing but also "as a mass-trauma, mind-control assault against the national body-politic of the United States." Hoffman would go onto to further develop this narrative of conspiracies as occult mind control psyops with his ideas of predictive programming and "The Revelation of the Method" in his 1992 book Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare. Although there exists prior examples of this narrative, such as in Stephen Knight's 1976 Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution which claims the unsolved Victorian murder case was orchestrate by Freemasons protecting the royal family while simultaneously committing the Ripper murders as ritual murders designed to invoke terror into the populace and reassert Masonic power, the publication of "King Kill 33°" in Adam Parfrey/Feral House's 1987 collection of paranoid awareness, Apocalypse Culture, has had perhaps the most far-reaching influence on perpetuating the current CC craze of viewing present and past events as psychological operations designed to control and influence the population at large.

TrineDay Publishing, headed by CC legend Anthony C. Sutton's protégé Kris Millegan, recently hearkened back to the Downard/Hoffman narrative with the release of The Most Dangerous Book in the World: 9/11 as Mass Ritual by S.K. Bain in 2012. Christian fundamentalists such as Fritz Springmeier and Texe Marrs have also latched onto the Downardian tradition of perceving major media events as occult psyops ritual being performed by secret societies, as have their more New Age counterparts like David Icke, Michael Tsarion, and Freeman Fly. That being said there are now similarly-themed narratives cropping up that leave out the occult ritual perspective.

An early post-9/11 example of this came in the form of the 9/11 Truth Movement's "No-Planers" contingent popularized by the likes of Nico Haupt, former George H.W. Bush aide Dr. Morgan Reynolds, and "The Webfairy" Rosalee Grable. According to this camps belief there were no planes hitting the Twin Towers on the day of 9/11 and that either black-op Holographic technology (see Stefan Grossman's rundown of this theory) or media-complicit "TV Fakery" (exemplified by the website/documentary September Clues) in which news networks deliberately altered the video evidence of the day. This latter group within the Truth movement has been promoted by Dr. James Fetzer, political assassination researcher and founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, who is noted for his claims of "video fakery" being utilized in the Zapruder Film showing the JFK assassination. Central to the "TV Fakery" hypothesis is the idea that the rogue elements of the government with the help of the nation's major media outlets pulled a massive psyop off on the American people. Some within the milieu are so enamored with this concept that they themselves have engaged in psyops against the 9/11 Truth Movement itself, as in the faked suicide of Ace Baker during a live, on-air episode of Fetzer's defunct Dynamic Duo broadcast. Baker claims he did this as "performance art" and described it as "the climactic ending to The Great American Psy-Opera". In other words, he was trying to show how audio-visual "fakery" psyops could happen by creating a real one for the 9/11 Truth Movement. He was so obsessed with 9/11 psyop theories that he actually pulled a real psyop off on the very movement he was a part of.

Conspiracy theories concerning psyops have only continued to grow in the aftermath of this peculiar affair. The rash of mass shootings in the past few years from Tucson to Sandy Hook have all been met with accusations by many in the CC that these are psyops designed to rally the public into supporting anti-gun legislation. The media fakery narrative has often been applied to these events with some new elements added in this time. The most noticeable of these new aspects to the media fakery angle have come mainly from one Ed Chiarini, more commonly-known by his internet nom de plume DallasGoldBug. Adding a new twist to the fakery psyops trend, Chiarini suggests that events like the Sandy Hook Massacre and the Boston Marathon Bombing weren't just "false flags" but wholesale staged spectacles using professional actors.

Meanwhile, many are tackling the issue of psyops fakery with historical events now too. As mentioned prior Dr. James Fetzer did just this in The Great Zapruder Film Hoax. Dr. John Coleman, who claims (w/o any documentation to my knowledge) to be a former British MI6 agent, has popularized the idea in conspiracy circles that The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations created The Beatles as a way of corrupting the morality of British youth. These examples, of course, came before the particular brand of psyops theories that exploded in the wake of the 9/11 "TV Fakery" movement. Within the past 7 years there has been an even greater abundance of psyops theories concerning the historical past than ever before. A key example of this is Joseph Atwill's Caesar's Messiah. Conspiracy theories and alternate histories of Jesus Christ have existed since at least Hugh J. Schonfield's The Passover Plot, continued with John M. Allegro's The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, and culminated with The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln and be immortalized as the inspiration for Dan Brown's best-selling The Da Vinci Code two decades after its initial release. Atwill himself falls in the roughly the same camp as D.M. Murdock (better known as Acharya S., author of The Christ Conspiracy) and Kenneth Humphreys (author of Jesus Never Existed) in questioing the historicity of Christ as an actual person. The twist on Atwill's theory, however, is that the Roman's invented the character of Jesus as a direct psychological operation against its populace to keep them from rebelling against the oppressive hierarchical system in which they lived.

Alongside Jan Irvin, Atwil recently co-authored the paper, "Manufacturing the Deadhead: A Product of Social Engineering'. In this piece Irvin and Atwill contend that the entirety of the psychedelic/hippie counterculture was a carefully planned psyop. Theories of this ilk have existed prior, but Atwill and particularly Irvin have laid out a more comprehensive theory than any others before them have ever managed to churn out. According to their thesis Timothy Leary's proclamation to "Turn On, Tune In, and Drop Out" and Terence McKenna's promotion of an "Archaic Revival" were designed to make the plebs desire a return to the primitive past instead of looking forward to the future, which according to the authors is used by the elite class to maintain control over them. Irvin has devoted even greater time to this with his Gnostic Media Podcast and his downloadable Brain Database that claims connection between MK-ULTRA and the creations of both the environmental and psychedelic movements. Although his work remains individual to Irvin and Atwill's research, it may be noted that independent researcher Dave McGowan has gone down a similar avenue with his Inside the LC: The Strange but Mostly True Story Laurel Canyon and the Birth of the Hippie Generation". Interestingly, McGowan has also dipped his toes into the Boston Bombing psyop controversy, albeit in a much more refined, reserved, and level-headed approach than others in the CC.

Perhaps I am being naive in my opinion that psyop-related conspiracy theories have exploded more greatly than ever in recent years. After all the Paul Bennewitz Case (although, to be fair, that's more conspiracy reality than theory at this point) happened long before the "TV Fakery" buzz. As did the rumors of Project Blue Beam and MILABS. And then their's the academic research into proven psyops as documented in The Phoenix Program by Douglas Valentine and The Science of Coercion: Communication Research and Psychological Warfare, 1945-1960. What thought does this rather overlong examination of psyops conspiracy theories have to do with my original discussion of metaphors?

Let me get back on track. Although I consider most of these theories preposterous they nonetheless all contain a greater truth. They serve to remind me of Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey's concept of "The Invisible War" as he explained it in an essay contained within the aforementioned Apocalypse Culture. This particular quote from the article, which I admittedly had to glean from another website as I do not have my copy of the book on hand, does well summing up this concept:

Anton LaVey wrote:“We are engulfed in war. Not simply a war fought with guns and bombs 'somewhere out there.' The skirmishes take place in the region of one’s own mind. The less one is aware of the invisible war, the more receptive one is to its ongoing process of demoralization, for the insensate human is vulnerable, malleable, weak, and ripe for control.”

What LaVey is implying here is that psyops aren't just found in particular events but are an all-encompassing part of our lives. The greatest psyops are happening right under our noses, when we turn on the TV and are bombarded with commercials telling us to "keep up with the Joneses" lest we want to become unpopular social outcasts. Everyone's an advertiser trying to sell you a product, even news and commentary outlets like Fox and MSNBC or alternative media like Infowars, RT, and Counterpunch. The difference between Billy Mays and Glenn Greenwald is that one is trying to sell you a physical product while the other is hawking an idea or a belief. Every book you read, every movie you watch, etc. is trying to sell you something whether it be a few hours of cheap entertainment or a political message. All the interactions you have in a day are psychological operation whether your'e trying to make someone laugh, smile, cry, buy something, give you something, convince someone of your ideas, and on and on it goes. Viewing conspiracy theories as a metaphor for this "Invisible War" of unending psyops I've managed to learn a great deal, be more careful about what I consume, recognize my own cognitive biases, and be a bit more cautious about the things I do, say, and promote. Talk about paranoid awareness!
Truth4Youth

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Psyops & Metaphors: A Meditation on The Invisible War

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:25 am

Remarkably tasty stuff, thank you.

RAW often referred to this as the "War of the Magicians." Back when I was into 5GW stuff, I was archly amused by how often writers in that milleu would refer to it as "Invisible War," apparently unaware of LaVey's essay.

Worth noting, of course, that most of the best ideas attributed to RAW, he had the good grace to attribute to the actual sources, such as Whitehead & Korzybski.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Really don't want this thread to die off, but I also don't want to dilute with a bunch of average-ass links or mere "bumps." I dug this deep, and have given all my public transportation / walking time over to chewing on this. It is so resonant with where I was headed on 5GW -- which translates the to clunky "5th Generation Warfare" for anyone not hip yet. (And, no reason you should be. Just a weird corner I liked the smell of, not a Theory of Everything you need to know about.)

My interest in 5GW isn't the fact it was "cutting edge," although that seemed to be the appeal of most bloggers. It was in fact very diffuse and vague stuff! I saw 5GW as the event horizon where unconventional warfare fades completely into the background of any average society's hundred billion interlocking conspiracies, organized crime syndicates and business rivalries. For instance, is Kim Dotcom at war with any target you can name, or is he just a general example of how much damage a bull can do in a digital china shop? I saw 5GW as something that encompassed hyper-networked players like Adnan Khashoggi, Ryoichi_Sasakawa, John J. McCloy, Andrew Marshall, Agha Assan Abedi, etc.

Far more than the tactical details & specifications, I was interested in the question of how is 5GW even new? Isn't this kind of omnidirectional low-intensity warfare, with so many pivot points and actors involved that calling it "multi-" anything is hugely inadequate...isn't this pretty much how society works? Isn't the point of our internal debates here about the efficacy of how we research and communicate the Black Iron Prison to our fellow human beings? Don't we need to take into account all the same considerations any IO intern at the Pentagon has to deal with tomorrow morning?

As an ex-marketer, I am also conflicted about questions of efficacy vs. ethics, because lying works, and lying numbers prove it. I am increasingly trying to live as many aspects of life as possible from the principle that The Ends do not and cannot justify The Means. I suspect this merely puts me at a disadvantage, as much as it makes going to sleep easier.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:52 am

Now I myself must admit to having a a hard time fully wrapping my head around these ideas. My basic conception of RAW's hypothesis is that all thinking is really just an exercise in naval-gazing, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My interest, however, is not in the totality of the hypothesis itself (which in many ways I doubt) but it's interest in the idea of metaphors. Since becoming aware of this idea that "everything is metaphor" I have begun viewing various conspiracy narratives as metaphors for something else entirely and have found it very helpful. For example, the popular conspiracy theory among my fellow 20 something's right now is the viral phenomenon spread through Youtube videos and 'underground' hip-hop artists asserting that major stars in the music industry like Lady Gaga, Beyonce, and Jay-Z are being manufactured and promoted by the Illuminati as a way of social engineering the masses. While I personally find this theory preposterous I have found it a useful metaphor for how America's "cult of celebrity" distracts the population from more pertinent issues and how the music industry doesn't push politically-conscious artists.

Yes, but we are aware that metaphors are being used or at least taken into consideration. I believe/think/espouse that the most pertinent issue is the one you bring up. The conspiracy is in the details. It's vagueness is meant to be metaphorical and the metaphors are meant to be vague. Therein is the point of this conversation in the first place. We're having it. The fact that we do not know, is the proof of conspiracy. The fact that no one cares is proof of the conspiracy. The conspiracy is nature. The conspiracy is noises, signals, screens, light speed and fear. None of it natural. I think that most of us are attempting a symbiosis with technology and nature and find ourselves at a crossroads because we approached naturally the adoption of many voices. Authority was not capable of scaling.

I really don't too much with the Internet other than research and write shit and collaborate. Without this outlet I've been afforded, in some ways I would be lost but would still retain my soul I believe. We've been "given" a great tool for research and contemplation that carries with it the added threat of being watched by somebody who likely doesn't know shit about anything. We are still free because we metaphorically use it not as a concrete tool but a metaphorical one. We utilize it in order to combine nodes of kindness and not extraction or exploitation. We know who we are and we are here to share. Period.

Not just here, but in other info-ventures, we do use rigor and intuition. However, there is the kindness factor and the anger factor.

Politically or what ever the fuck you call it, we are in a designed torpor. We can tell this because of the great ability to make people not give a fuck about shit that naturally they would. Yet they don't and fall back on the mattresses of the built in ability of CC to be ridiculed. It was built in. This is the quotient. They knew metaphors would be built in and would use the bifurcation of people with similar needs and promises to provoke hatred as they did in every polar conflict there ever has been via Bernaysian logic. They've just stepped it up a magnitude in order to account for the Internet and yet remain believable.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Via: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38812

From Levenda's new work The Hitler Legacy...

With the Nazi diaspora, the leaders of the Third Reich who had survived—who were either living underground, or were “denazified” and living freely above ground—constituted a government-in-exile. They remained in contact, reinforced each other’s beliefs, provided logistical support where possible, and kept the faith alive. They became involved in political and military intrigues around the globe, always with the goal of causing an imbalance in global power structures. Motivated by anti-Semitism, they collaborated with Arab leaders and guerrilla organizations in attacks against Israel, even going so far as to develop weapons systems in Egypt. They wrote propaganda against Israel and against Jews in general, repeating the same libels as before. They formed “neo-Nazi” groups in Europe, Latin America, North America, and elsewhere, cultivating a fawning new generation of followers on every continent. They support Holocaust deniers and right-wing extremists everywhere, even when they do not agree on all points. They found official positions within extremist governments in the Middle East and Latin America.

They also constitute an army-in-exile. They trained troops, instructed security forces in interrogation and torture, ran guns. They conspired to assassinate objectionable leaders in various countries, as well as those who betrayed their own network. They developed weapons of mass destruction long before the identical claim was laid at the door of Saddam Hussein.

They are “non-state actors” like Al-Qaeda, with the difference that they recently had a state. They conduct “asymmetric warfare” because they can no longer field battalions made of tanks and planes and submarines—and no longer really need to do so. Using terror as a weapon has proven to be far more effective. They move money silently and unseen through the world’s financial institutions. People like Schacht and Genoud wrote the book.

And they are loosely organized. Individual units possess a certain degree of deniability, something that newer terror groups have copied.

Al-Qaeda, Hamas, Hizbollah, Fatah, Jemaah Islamiyyah, Lashkar- e-Taiba, etc. are all children of ODESSA. The pact between Nazi anti-Semitism and Arab anti-Semitism was made with Hajj Amin al-Husseini all those years ago—and has been renewed every decade since with refinements as necessary to reflect emerging political realities in the aftermath of the fall of the Soviet Union. Skorzeny, al-Husseini, Genoud: one big happy family.

Asymmetric warfare is usually defined as the conflict between two, dramatically unequal, forces. The war of the United States in Vietnam is given as one example, where the vastly superior (in terms of economy, numbers, and military strength) US forces fought the guerrilla forces represented by the Viet Cong, and the regular North Vietnamese forces represented by the Viet Minh. Often the Israeli- Palestinian conflict is given as another example, with the army and air force of the Israeli military opposed to the various guerrilla factions represented by the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), plus those of Hamas and Hizbollah.

In most, if not all cases, of asymmetric warfare of the last hundred years or so, it has often been that of a powerful western country embroiled in a conflict with numerically and economically weaker non-state actors, which the current problem with Al-Qaeda and ISIL seems to represent. In these cases, the non-state actors are fighting for their own territory, language, ethnic identity, etc., often against a colonial or former colonial power, such as England, France, the Netherlands, Spain, etc.

There is one type of asymmetric warfare that is usually not recognized or included in studies of this phenomenon, however: it is when a powerful state loses its power yet continues to fight the forces that defeated it, using the same means as non-state actors— such as terrorism and assassination. There is to my knowledge only one such example in the modern world, and that is Nazi Germany.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby semper occultus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:57 pm

.....thankyou for the thread necromancy & linkage Wombat...

...it's notable that ISIS are so keen to go from non-state to "state"....

....the Taliban have evolved from insurgency to "state", evaporated back into the non-state Af-Pak zone and could probably go back to state again.....then you've got the "failed state" category which sits somewhere along the line of co-option by non-state bad-guys...
semper occultus

Postby zangtang » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:54 pm

i've gone back to the beginning & i know thats 15 months (pffft blink of an eye), l'm just 2 paras in, looking good
King Kill 33 fucked my head like you wouldny believe.....

'imagine a hobnailed boot stamping on the face of humanity.......forever'

light and fluffy
zangtang

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:03 pm

From the Adam Curtis short "Oh Dear" - transcript ...

What this film is going to suggest is that that defeatist response has become a central part of a new system of political control. And to understand how this is happening, you have to look to Russia, to a man called Vladislav Surkov, who is a hero of our time.

Surkov is one of President Putin's advisers, and has helped him maintain his power for 15 years, but he has done it in a very new way.

He came originally from the avant-garde art world, and those who have studied his career, say that what Surkov has done, is to import ideas from conceptual art into the very heart of politics.

His aim is to undermine peoples' perceptions of the world, so they never know what is really happening.

Surkov turned Russian politics into a bewildering, constantly changing piece of theater. He sponsored all kinds of groups, from neo-Nazi skinheads to liberal human rights groups. He even backed parties that were opposed to President Putin.

But the key thing was, that Surkov then let it be known that this was what he was doing, which meant that no one was sure what was real or fake. As one journalist put it: "It is a strategy of power that keeps any opposition constantly confused."

A ceaseless shape-shifting that is unstoppable because it is undefinable. It is exactly what Surkov is alleged to have done in the Ukraine this year. In typical fashion, as the war began, Surkov published a short story about something he called non-linear war. A war where you never know what the enemy are really up to, or even who they are. The underlying aim, Surkov says, is not to win
the war, but to use the conflict to create a constant state of destabilized perception, in order to manage and control.

Usual caveats about "Adam Curtis is a recreational drug you need to enjoy, not agree with" and etc.

Old IP post on old boy, links aplenty: http://innovationpatterns.blogspot.com/ ... -2012.html
Wombaticus Rex

Postby zangtang » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:40 pm

YES !

- came across this on 'Charlie Brooker's weekly wipe' (BBC2 satire mashup - i wholeheartedly recommend)
and if its only 5mins, he played the whole thing, and it needs more depth and extension
- it just has a horrible ring of truth about it.
- hows that for 5GW ?

- tough crowd tonite - Jeez, you'd think it was tuesday!
zangtang

Postby Grizzly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:52 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby semper occultus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:26 am

The ‘Gerasimov Doctrine’ and Russian Non-Linear War

Call it non-linear war (which I prefer), or hybrid war, or special war, Russia’s operations first in Crimea and then eastern Ukraine have demonstrated that Moscow is increasingly focusing on new forms of politically-focused operations in the future.

In many ways this is an extension of what elsewhere I’ve called Russia’s ‘guerrilla geopolitics,’ an appreciation of the fact that in a world shaped by an international order the Kremlin finds increasingly irksome and facing powers and alliances with greater raw military, political and economic power, new tactics are needed which focus on the enemy’s weaknesses and avoid direct and overt confrontations. To be blunt, these are tactics that NATO–still, in the final analysis, an alliance designed to deter and resist a mass, tank-led Soviet invasion–finds hard to know how to handle. (Indeed, a case could be made that it is not NATO’s job, but that’s something to consider elsewhere.)

Hindsight, as ever a sneakily snarky knowitall, eagerly points out that we could have expected this in light of an at-the-time unremarked article by Russian Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov. In fairness, it was in Voenno-promyshlennyi kur’er, the Military-Industrial Courier, which is few people’s fun read of choice.

Nonetheless, it represents the best and most authoritative statement yet of what we could, at least as a placeholder, call the ‘Gerasimov Doctrine’ (not that it necessarily was his confection). I and everyone interested in these developments are indebted to Rob Coalson of RFE/RL, who noted and circulated this article, and the following translation is his (thanks to Rob for his permission to use it), with my various comments and interpolations.

Military-Industrial Kurier, February 27, 2013

THE VALUE OF SCIENCE IN PREDICTION

General Valery Gerasimov, Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Federation

In the 21st century we have seen a tendency toward blurring the lines between the states of war and peace. Wars are no longer declared and, having begun, proceed according to an unfamiliar template.

The experience of military conflicts — including those connected with the so-called coloured revolutions in north Africa and the Middle East — confirm that a perfectly thriving state can, in a matter of months and even days, be transformed into an arena of fierce armed conflict, become a victim of foreign intervention, and sink into a web of chaos, humanitarian catastrophe, and civil war.

continued :

https://inmoscowsshadows.wordpress.com/ ... #more-2291
semper occultus

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:05 pm

What came first?

Please pardon wiki.

"Shock and Awe"

Shock and awe (technically known as rapid dominance) is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlespace awareness and maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze the enemy's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_and_awe

"Shekhinah"

Shekinah, Shechinah, Shechina, or Schechinah (Hebrew: שכינה‎; Arabic: السكينة‎), is the English transliteration of a Hebrew noun meaning dwelling or settling, and denotes the dwelling or settling of the Divine Presence of God. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shekhinah

"Isis"

Isis (/ˈaɪsɪs/; Ancient Greek: Ἶσις; original Egyptian pronunciation more likely "Aset" or "Iset"[1]) is a goddess from the polytheistic pantheon of Egypt. She was first worshiped in Ancient Egyptian religion, and later her worship spread throughout the Roman empire and the greater Greco-Roman world. Isis is still widely worshiped by many pagans today in diverse religious contexts; including a number of distinct pagan religions, the modern Goddess movement, and interfaith organizations such as the Fellowship of Isis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis

"Isis"

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL /ˈaɪsəl/; Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية في العراق والشام‎), also known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or Islamic State of Iraq and ash-Sham (ISIS /ˈaɪsɪs/),[23] or "Islamic State"[24] is an Islamic extremist rebel group controlling territory in Iraq and Syria, and also has operations in eastern Libya, the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, and other areas of the Middle East,[25] North Africa, South Asia,[26] and Southeast Asia.[26][27] The group is known in Arabic as ad-Dawlat al-Islāmiyah fī al-ʿIrāq wa sh-Shām, leading to the Arabic acronym Da'ish or DAESH (داعش, Arabic pronunciation: daːʕiʃ).[23] On 29 June 2014, the group proclaimed itself to be a worldwide caliphate and renamed itself Islamic State (الدولة الإسلامية, ad-Dawlat al-Islāmiyah), but the new name has been widely criticised and condemned, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to acknowledge it.[28] Many Islamic and non-Islamic communities judge the group unrepresentative of Islam.[29] Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was named its Caliph.[30] As a caliphate, it claims religious, political and military authority over all Muslims worldwide and that "the legality of all emirates, groups, states, and organisations, becomes null by the expansion of the khilāfah's (caliphate's) authority and arrival of its troops to their areas".[31][32] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_St ... the_Levant

"Choronzon"

Choronzon /ˌkoʊˌroʊnˈzoʊn/ is a demon or devil that originated in writing with the 16th-century occultists Edward Kelley and John Dee within the latter's occult system of Enochian magic. In the 20th century he became an important element within the mystical system of Thelema, founded by Aleister Crowley, where he is the Dweller in the Abyss,[1][2] believed to be the last great obstacle between the adept and enlightenment. Thelemites believe that if he is met with proper preparation, then his function is to destroy the ego, which allows the adept to move beyond the Abyss of occult cosmology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choronzon

"Khorasan"

Khorasan, also known as the Khorasan Group, refers to a group of senior al-Qaeda members who operate in Syria.[10] The group is reported to consist of a small number of fighters who are all on terrorist watchlists, and coordinate with the al-Nusra Front, al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria. At an intelligence gathering in Washington, D.C. on 18 September 2014, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper stated that "in terms of threat to the homeland, Khorasan may pose as much of a danger as ISIS."[11] The term first appeared in news media in September 2014, although the United States had reportedly been keeping track of the group for two years previously.[12]

Some commentators have alleged that the threat the Khorasan Group represented was exaggerated to generate public support for American intervention in Syria, and some have questioned whether the group even exists as a distinct entity.[13] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khorasan_(Islamist_group)
PufPuf93

Postby Jerky » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:55 am

Excellent OP! Bumping!

Jerky
Jerky

Postby Harvey » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:03 pm

The elephant in the room remains the nature of consciousness itself.

I have a feeling that 'walking on water' was a metaphor for remembering the changes; as mass understanding of events shifts, fear rises, memory becomes blurred, and tribal allegiance, identification with groups, ideology, all become entrenched. The confusion that Surkov is supposed to be creating is probably nothing more than our natural state deliberately amplified. Recruiting naive impressionable groups with mutually exclusive aims and ideology, to 'act' in the agonistic sense, against whatever is perceived (by them) as the fundamental irritant. With so many ideas in play, presumably the people have nowhere to fixate, as to cause. Nowhere to lay their grievances, meanwhile the author, secure in aims, capital and focus, does as he will.

An extension of divide and rule for the age of public relations.

Culture transmits itself both ways, irrespective of notions of 'superiority,' however formulated, creating new co-ordinates for it's new expressions of function. A paradigm is literally 'A Grid Map.'

Burn the maps.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Next