Stories that should come from The Onion but don't

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Stories that should come from The Onion but don't

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:08 pm

:P

Tiffany Trump, Steve Bannon, Steven Mnuchin Registered to Vote in Multiple States
http://www.usnews.com/news/national-new ... ple-states

‘Voter fraud’ found in the White House: Steve Bannon is registered to vote in two states
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/voter- ... wo-states/
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:43 pm

'Aliens pour over Mexican border into US' in eerie footage which has 'disappeared from the internet'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2720895/a ... -internet/

this is a headline on google right now but when you click on the Sun link it is not in their headline :roll:

odd that someone chose to use those words especially today and it is grouped with Mexican wall stories
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Donald Trump's team to respond to travel ban block as states warn restoring order would 'unleash chaos': live
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02 ... ates-warn/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Nordic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:52 am

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gu ... rism-.html

CIA honors Saudi Crown Prince for efforts against terrorism

The medal, named after George Tenet, was handed to him by CIA Director Micheal Pompeo after the Crown Prince received him in Riyadh. (SPA)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya EnglishFriday, 10 February 2017
The Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef bin Abdulaziz al-Saud, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, received a medal on Friday from the CIA for his distinct intelligence-related counter-terrorism work and his contributions to ensure international peace and security.

The medal, named after George Tenet, was handed to him by CIA Director Micheal Pompeo after the Crown Prince received him in Riyadh on Friday in the presence of Deputy Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman al-Saud, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense.

The Crown Prince said in a press statement after receiving the medal that he appreciated the CIA honor, stressing that his efforts were guided by the leaders of Saudi Arabia headed by King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud, as well as the efforts of the Kingdom’s security forces.

With regards to terrorism in the region, the Crown Prince said all religions are separate from the beliefs and actions of extremist groups, noting that religious, political and social groups who have used religion as a tool throughout history do not reflect the absolute truths about the religion which it is affiliated to, or attributes its actions to.

He said Saudi Arabia has played a key role in the fight against terrorism and condemns all forms and manifestations of terrorism. “We, God willing, continue to confront terrorism and extremism everywhere, and with thanks to God we have managed to thwart many terrorist plots from occurring,” he said.

The Crown Prince also stressed that the fight against terrorism is a shared international responsibility that requires international efforts at all levels to confront it militarily and intellectually, as well as financially. This must be done within the framework of international law and the principles of the United Nations.

With regards to the relations between Saudi Arabia and the US, the Crown Prince said: “Our relationship with the United States is historical and will continue to succeed.”

Addressing the issue of possible future attacks, the Crown Prince said: “We are surrounded by areas of conflict, and we were the first affected by terrorism from various sources, but we are equipped to combat terror in any place and under any circumstances.”

During his meeting with Pompeo, Prince Mohammed bin Nayef discussed a number of topics of common interest between the two countries and ways of enhancing them, particularly with regard to strengthening cooperation in security, especially the fight against terrorism.

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:10 am

Social Media Fail: Long John Silver’s Just Posted A Video Of A Hostage Being Beheaded With A Swordfish In An Attempt To Go Viral
http://www.clickhole.com/article/social ... ed-vi-5388

Reminds me of the San Antonio 911 mattress sale fail. :tongout
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:38 am

Well that definitely gives me the chills. Maybe a new branch of the shit whatever is happening Is The Office Of Cheap Fish Restaurants. That reminds me. I want to go to Ivar's today. I can deffo see the point. Long John Silvers is a brand that plays on the pirate theme. In a perfect world, it would have worked as a joke ad.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Maybe best to accept an invitation from the pilot to leave the plane before take off .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnu6QSEt-m4
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Trump Attacks Disabled Children By Removing Disability Education Rights Website
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/11/ ... bsite.html

The Latest: Winter Storm Blamed on Pennsylvania Man's Death
http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/ ... -hampshire
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 am

Live improv at theater in CaCa Land :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6asziMEcA2o

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 am

Damn, Cordelia. I was about to add that. Not necessarily this thread, but I happened to catch the end of the academy awards. I saw that and obiously said WTF.

Also, I have seen none of the films at all that were featured. Oh. Except for that little animated short about a baby bird. I forget its name. That was fucking cute as hell. Shit. I will see if I can find it.

Here it is. . . I think it's the whole thing. But adorable.

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:13 pm

^^^Thanks 82-- that is is adorable; maybe there should be an 'Animated Cuteness Only Thread' in the Lounge.

The Oscar SNAFU seems kinda suspicious to me, as in further stirring the (election) pot or tripping people up a bit more while publicly embarrassing others live-on-stage..... :shrug:

Cordelia

Postby brekin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Cordelia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:13 am wrote:^^^Thanks 82-- that is is adorable; maybe there should be an 'Animated Cuteness Only Thread' in the Lounge.

The Oscar SNAFU seems kinda suspicious to me, as in further stirring the (election) pot or tripping people up a bit more while publicly embarrassing others live-on-stage..... :shrug:

Yeah, seems a little too pat. I'm going to guess after OscarsSoWhite, they wanted to appear responsive. But the Oscars demographic is probably pretty white bread (LaLa Land material). So, what to do? Everyone wins a trophy!

I could be wrong but at the 2:35 mark when the two directors find out that they've lost, to my interpretation of actions there is no frown, no "trying to make sense of it" processing.
I can only imagine that this would be the fulfillment of many dreams, personal and professional, to have it snapped away in the moment, seems there would be a little more confusion and huh, wtf?
https://youtu.be/6asziMEcA2o?t=2m35s

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:23 pm

The chic in the sandpiper film was cute, 82 and quite lovable. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cordelia, I was surprised how long it took to correct the mistake, as I had been under the impression the error was noted nearly immediately. Although I had heard what must have been edited audio, that was the first I saw the actual faux pas in real time. Thanks for posting it.
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Leo's revenge? Internet abuzz with wacky conspiracy theories after La La Land was wrongly named Best Picture

Leo's revenge? Internet abuzz with wacky conspiracy theories after La La Land was wrongly named Best Picture

La La Land announced Best Picture instead of Moonlight in embarrassing mix-up
One claimed it was Leonardo DiCaprio's revenge for years of being overlooked
Another said it was a Matt Damon prank to ruin awards for host Jimmy Kimmel
One claimed that Ryan Gosling, La La Land lead actor, had switched envelopes

It has been described as the biggest mistake in Oscar history, the astonishing moment when they announced the wrong movie for the most coveted award of the night.

Organisers today attempted to explain just how Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway, the stars of Bonnie and Clyde, managed to read out La La Land when Moonlight had won Best Picture.

But viewers have got their own ideas of what might have happened, with one suggesting that Leonardo DiCaprio was getting his revenge after years of being overlooked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... scars.html

I can totally picture him swapping cards as a prank or something. But I dunno of course. Interesting theory though, even though that never occurred to me. Since the Oscar people say they are investigating heads up for some new stupid scandal in 3 2 1. . .
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Yeah, it did take some time to correct & seemed to point to some kind of racial (and probably others, wrapped up in one bundle) Fuck You; you win, but not really. A coincidence that it was presented by two aging white Hollywood veterans. I doubt it was just an 'oops, duplicate-envelope-in-the-stack' error. .

Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion