So what's up with all the exploding cars this year?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

So what's up with all the exploding cars this year?

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 pm

I thought I would set this up as a separate thread from the Michael Hastings thread. I'm finding it strange how prior to 2013, exploding cars seemed to be a phenomenon relegated to Hollywood fiction. That's part of what made the Hastings crash so strange, as Mr. Baruth indicated in a piece on the subject:

"But I’m not here to speak ill of the dead. I’m here to state that I’ve seen dozens of cars hit walls and stuff at high speeds and the number of them that I have observed to eject their powertrains and immediately catch massive fire is, um, ah, zero. Modern cars are very good at not catching fire in accidents. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which is an evolutionary design from a company known for sweating the safety details over and above the Euro NCAP requirements, should be leading the pack in the not-catching-on-fire category." (emphasis added)

But then it happened again, also coincidentally enough, in southern California:

2 Killed After Car Crashes Into Palm Tree in Riverside

Two people were killed Wednesday when a car burst into flames after hitting a tree in a Riverside neighborhood.

Two people were killed when a car crashed into a palm tree in Riverside Wednesday. (Credit: KTLA)

The crash happened on Jackson Street near Sage Avenue at about 3 a.m. when the car slammed into a palm tree, according to authorities.

Aerial video from Sky5 showed the car had split into pieces and burned on a neighborhood sidewalk.

The car was traveling through the neighborhood at a high rate of speed, according to neighbors.

“I thought a bomb went off,” one person said about the noise he heard when the car struck the tree.

Both victims were inside inside the car when it crashed. Their identities were not immediately released.

The cause of the crash was under investigation. (emphasis added)

And now we have a third car explosion, again in southern California, this time killing a Hollywood actor!

Officials: Paul Walker crash not part of street race
Dec. 3, 2013, 8:01 AM EST
By JUSTIN PRITCHARD , Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- While the neighborhood where "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker died in a fiery crash is known to attract street racers, law enforcement officials do not believe the Porsche he and a friend were riding in had been racing another car.

Accident investigators "have received eyewitness statements that the car involved was traveling alone at a high rate of speed," the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement Monday. "No eyewitness has contacted the (department) to say there was a second vehicle."

Walker and his friend and fellow fast-car enthusiast Roger Rodas died Saturday when Rodas' 2005 Porsche Carrera GT smashed into a light pole and tree, then exploded in flames. The posted limit was 45 mph.

The two had taken what was expected to be a brief drive away from a charity fundraiser and toy drive at Rodas' custom car shop in Valencia, about 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles. Walker's publicist said the action star was the passenger.

The crash happened on a street that forms an approximately 1-mile loop amid industrial office parks. It is rimmed by hills and relatively isolated from traffic, especially on weekends when the businesses are closed.

"It's well-known out here that that's a hot spot for street racers," California Highway Patrol Sgt. Rick Miler said.

Skid marks are a testament to past antics on the loop. The sheriff's department, which polices the neighborhood, said Saturday's wreck was not the first speed-related crash there, but would not reveal specifics.

Meanwhile, investigators are consulting video from security cameras, talking to witnesses and analyzing physical evidence such as on-board computer data from the Porsche.

A steady stream of fans has flocked to the crash site to leave flowers, candles and memorabilia from the action films.

On Monday night, a private memorial for survivors and the cast and crew of the "Fast & Furious" movies was held inside a white tent erected around the crash site. When it was over, Walker's co-star Vin Diesel emerged to thank fans for paying their respect to the actor.

"Thank you for coming and showing that angel up in heaven how much you appreciated him," Diesel said to the crowd, using the bullhorn of a police cruiser.

Officials have not named either person found in the car. The bodies were so badly burned by the fire that engulfed the wreck that dental records will be needed to confirm their identities.

Walker and Rodas had bonded over their shared love of fast cars.

Rodas, 38, and Walker, 40, co-owned an auto racing team named after Rodas' shop, Always Evolving. Rodas was a financial adviser as well as a professional driver who competed in 10 Pirelli World Challenge GTS races in 2013. He finished second in rookie of the year standings, circuit spokesman Dave Drimmie said.

Walker starred in all but one of the six "Fast & Furious" blockbusters. He had been on break from shooting the latest installment; Universal Pictures has not said what it plans to do with "Fast & Furious 7," currently slated for a July release. (emphasis mine again)

So what's going on with the regularity of real-life exploding cars in southern California? Does it all have something to do with computers in cars? Is this some sinister NATO psy-op? (Thanks to elfismiles for that link.) Or just one of those strange coincidences that just happens, try not to read too much into it. I'm feeling troubled about this. Were cars exploding just as regularly in past years and I just wasn't paying attention?
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: So what's up with all the exploding cars this year?

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Perhaps a media smoke screen for the Hastings crash and to lend credibility to the idea that cars just explode sometimes?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Yeah, that's my instinctual response. But the whole Hollywood aspect in both location and now victims is just....weird.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby RocketMan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:46 pm

brainpanhandler » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 pm wrote:Perhaps a media smoke screen for the Hastings crash and to lend credibility to the idea that cars just explode sometimes?

You know, as open to these notions as I am, my brain STILL just sort of repels this idea, which has been trying to take root for some time now for me as well, ever since the Walker crash.

"I realized that the clandestine operation of the opposition was so cynical, so sophisticated..."
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Mine as well, Robert, bph.

Watch for more... it's new and they'll be practicing.
Iamwhomiam

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:30 pm

RocketMan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 pm wrote:
brainpanhandler » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 pm wrote:Perhaps a media smoke screen for the Hastings crash and to lend credibility to the idea that cars just explode sometimes?

You know, as open to these notions as I am, my brain STILL just sort of repels this idea, which has been trying to take root for some time now for me as well, ever since the Walker crash.

"I realized that the clandestine operation of the opposition was so cynical, so sophisticated..."

I'm going to finally get around to reading Levenda's Sinister Forces.

Since I'm sure there are elements of the deep state with the will and the means to slaughter millions and millions of innocent people and get away with it and even manage to get an entirely fabricated version of history to be accepted wholesale by the majority of the populace I guess nothing is off the table, nothing.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby divideandconquer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:51 pm

I hate to make a conspiracy out of everything but I think there is a lot more to this Walker case than meets the eye including Paul Walker's charity, Reach Out Worldwide, https://www.roww.org/ which provides rapid disaster relief, and the driver, Roger Rodas, who seems like a very interesting character. He was a native of El Salvador but grew up in Hollywood and specifically specialized in racing Porsche gt's. Rodas also worked at Merrill Lynch/Bank of America for 20 years and has been named on a list of America’s Top 1000 Financial Advisers in 2010, 2011, 2012. As “one of America’s top wealth management advisors” he apparently boasted an impressive list of clients in his portfolio including Paul Walker. Moreover, he was the co-owner of a car customization business in Santa Clarita, California. Walker was named also named as a co-owner of the Always Evolving shop which describes itself as “The source for all of your automotive passions.” He also owned a recycling plant in Central America and is also active in "waste to energy power plants and wind farms".and he was involved in lots of charities, including Paul Walker's Reach Out Worldwide, and The Asomugha Foundation.

One of the rumors circulating is that Paul Walker, while responding to Typhoon Haiyan discovered TPTB were supplying victims with a prototype permanent birth control drug hidden in medicinal supplies and food aid.

More strange coincidences that may or may not mean anything:

Paul Walkers death was reported dead, (a hoax) a day before he actually died.

Bravo scheduled a Fast and Furious marathon the day of his death.

In a teaser scene, from Fast & Furious 7 but released as an extra on the DVD and Blu-ray versions of Fast & Furious 6, Walker’s character, Brian O’Conner, makes the remark to co-star Tyrese Gibson’s character, Roman Pierce, at the funeral of Han and Gisele. Standing in the graveyard, Gibson turns to Walker and says: 'Promise me Brian, no more funerals.' 'Just one more,' responds Walker, a reference to Jason Statham’s villainous character Ian Shaw.

"This was just a tragic accident that happened on a JOYRIDE,” said Jim Torp of Santa Clarita." Paul Walker made a movie in 2001 called JOYRIDE. 911 happened in 2001-Died in a Porsche 911.

Recently Brian from Family Guy died run over by a car in an episode where they go back in time to remove guns given to the Indians- Brian is the name of Paul Walker's character in Fast & Furious - Fast & Furious was the name of the secret program used by Eric Holder to give guns to the Mexican/Indians drug cartels to "turn the tide" in their war.

Season 8 Episode 4 - American Stepdad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-nNfGgh6I8

Stan invites his mother to come live with the family after Stan’s stepfather, Hercules, dies, and tensions rise when Roger is forced to share his attic with her. But Roger and Stan’s mom quickly fall in love and get married, and Stan is forced to deal with Roger as his new stepdad, which goes very well once Roger actually makes fatherly advice to Stan.

Meanwhile, Steve and his friends discover a mysterious plane crash while on a bike ride and come across a long-lost script of a Fast and the Furious sequel that reveals a shocking truth about the entire series.

Directed by Shawn Murray

written by: Jordan Blum & Parker Deay

Paul Walker owned $40 million of Bitcoin and litecoin.

The single-car crash occurred around 3:30 p.m. on Hercules Street near Constellation Road in the Rye Canyon Business Park, fire officials said. Lockheed Skunkworks Facility is located.in this park. (Google Earth: ‘28300 Rye Canyon Loop, Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County, California’. From where the pin is for the address, go up the road and around the bend to the right. As you go up the road you will find 2 ‘I’s on the left-hand of the road. The second ‘I’ reads ‘Lockheed Skunkworks Facility’. That ‘i’ shows the facility behind and to the right (of where the ‘I’ is) to be the Lockheed Skunkworks Facility) In this video, http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... hhmLUI3c8B at Lockheed's entrance, you can see the camera pan to the right just before the explosion.

Not to mention, it's hard to believe, at top speeds, that a small tree like the one shown in pictures and video could split a sports car in two without completely demolishing the tree
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby conniption » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:07 pm

This one happened shortly after the Hastings crash, and to me it said, Cars explode all the time...see? I suppose, too, if someone is searching the web for "car bursts into flames", Hastings will no longer be the only one coming up? idk. Kind of an expensive way to bury a story.

Sky

Dick Van Dyke Escapes As Car Bursts Into Flames
Tuesday 20 August 2013

Veteran actor Dick Van Dyke has escaped unscathed after his car burst into flames on a Los Angeles motorway.

Dick Van Dyke car crash The burnt remains of Van Dyke's car (Pic: Arlene Van Dyke)

A spokesman for the California Highway Patrol (CHP) confirmed the 87-year-old performer's Jaguar caught fire on the hard shoulder of the Ventura Freeway...(etc)
conniption

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:22 pm

But it's not about "burying a story," of course, it is about maintaining a completely deniable method for precise targeted kills, domestically and abroad.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 pm

I think it might be a little of both, Wombaticus. Make the effects seem like a regular occurrence while the real purpose remains hidden.

And again: Hollywood?! Dick Van Dyke?! I had to double check the story to make sure it wasn't a joke, like that Onion Van Dyke confession to the Zodiac Killings. But it's real. Not "exploding" but close enough.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby RocketMan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:37 pm

brainpanhandler wrote:Since I'm sure there are elements of the deep state with the will and the means to slaughter millions and millions of innocent people and get away with it and even manage to get an entirely fabricated version of history to be accepted wholesale by the majority of the populace I guess nothing is off the table, nothing.

Absolutely.

I'm just sort of having an epiphany right now about how deeply rooted the resistance to some of these ideas is in the mind. I mean, I HAD the thought that post-Hastings, nothing should be off the table. And I just mentally chuckled at my own... well, wackiness apparently, and shunted the thought aside as too improbable. Naah, they wouldn't.

But of course they would. And they have. And they will. :wallhead:

And I'm the person in my slowly shrinking circle of friends with the reputation as the guy with the flaky ideas about the world and society...
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:51 pm

exploding cars in the LA area in 2013 is I guess, like sightings of phantom clowns in vans circa 1982 or white vans circa 2001-2002.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby divideandconquer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:13 am

Maybe they do it simply to make conspiracy theorists look even more batshit--- after all, every single notable death can't be a conspiracy, can it? :shrug: -- or to keep the theorists busy by creating another round of trivial conspiratorial pursuit.

Having said that, I'll continue to play, anyway. The police report said the car was traveling 40-45 MPH into a curve (15 mph speed limit) http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/p ... ews-661215 and the "coincidences" just keep on coming. Granted, most of the coincidences and/or links are tenuous, at best, but...

In 2000, Paul Walker starred in a film called "The Skulls" about the secret society Skull and Bones. In the following scene, after being initiated into Skull and Bones, they're given vehicles, and they're names are written on a white piece of paper. The first car, a RED PORSCHE was gifted to "Caleb Maldrake", Paul Walker's character.

And "The Fast and the Furious". just happened to be one of the answers on The Wheel of Fortune just 2 days after Walker died.

And, Border patrol agent Brian Terry, who was involved with "Operation Fast and Furious" was killed.

And then there is this, a peak at F&F 7 on the F&F 6 DVD, at the 2 minute mark...
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby Nordic » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:44 am

And don't forget about this guy, who is in the news again, and is hinting he may run for President in 2016:

Earlier today I was seeing some news stories about the Governor named Walker and I couldn't even remember how the names were different, between him and the actor. Had to look it up.

Scott versus Paul Walker. Somehow my brain hardly distinguishes between the two. Maybe I'm just old and addled.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Asta » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:18 am

Add to the list the white limo catching on fire on the San Mateo Bridge, killing 5 women, including the bride, of a wedding party in August of this year. (Redwood City, CA)
Asta

Next

Return to General Discussion