Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

Postby slimmouse » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:14 pm

I would prefer the term sympahty on this board, since that involves both understanding and love

Rigorous intuition.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby American Dream » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 pm

It's unfortunate that everyone who commented seemed to completely miss the basic point from the Jay Smooth video I posted about trolls perpetuating racism, homophobia, misogyny etc.

Anyway, here's something more:

"According to a new study conducted by the University of Manitoba Psychology Department, Internet trolls generally manifest signs of sadism, psychopathy, narcissism, and Machiavellianism, a group of personality disorders known as the Dark Tetrad."

For more on this, see:

Trolls just want to have fun
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jakell » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:48 pm

I think I was spot on regarding his general thrust, he was not really going into specifics much but talking of inadequacy of the 'don't feed the trolls' line'.

Regarding racism, homophobia, misogyny etc, these are examples of general bad stuff that trolls work on, but theres quite a bit more than that to them.
Last edited by jakell on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby Zombie Glenn Beck » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:13 pm

barracuda wrote:The path from RI moderator to True Blood fangirl to Jehovah's Witness seems pretty straightforward to me. Perhaps even inevitable.
Zombie Glenn Beck

Postby freemason9 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:40 pm

jakell » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:53 am wrote:
freemason9 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:25 am wrote:How in the world did they conduct this "research," since trolls are usually anonymous?

After finding these folks to be a thorn in my side for years, I decided to turn the tables and start to 'study' them**, I have an interest in psychology so this did not feel particularly unnatural.

Even though it's nice to be able to connect a few details and context to an internet poster, it's not strictly necessary, and you just need to look for consistencies connected to a username, sock puppets complicate this, but people make mistakes if you watch closely.

So it's basically like a 'blind' study, and you just look a Troll A and Troll B etc. They can lead you down rabbitholes so one needs a fairly cool head and an exit strategy.

**My oft repeated saw from my landscape gardening days is.. "if something is ugly, and you can't shift it, make a feature of it"

The OP actually looks like trolling to me. Here are a couple of thoughts, FWIW:

(1) One person's troll is another's advocate, and
(2) Personal opinion does not constitute a legitimate survey instrument.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby Phil » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 pm

norton ash » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 pm wrote:Some of us are angry and fed up, and can be terribly mean. It's quite fun to argue, though. Love is the answer.

What is the question?
Phil

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:10 pm

love your trolls?

no can do

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Fuck you, Norton.
Iamwhomiam

Postby norton ash » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:08 am

Aw, c'mon, Iamwhoiam, I was just being vague and passive-aggressive. It happens when a casual observer watches too many games of sledgehammer ping-pong over moot points. Although 'fuck you' is a perfectly good answer, too, so thanks for playing, and I'll go back to silent prayer or laser-pointer safari with the cat or something.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:41 am

CyberHarassment and the CyberBullies
Tag Archives: Heather Martin Saskatoon

Heather Martin is a known cyberbully/harasser/stalker. Her obsessive hatred of Kevin Annett and anyone who defends him is legendary. Spreading pathological lies/distortions/misrepresentations to defame those she hates is her forte.
Bully: Julie Ann Larson and Jennifer Emick Advocate Snitching

Ironically, Kree Love (Antonio F. Lopez), Thomas Cook (Thomas Schroeder), Julie Ann Larson, Michael Babcock, Jason Steele (Christopher Joseph Erwin), and Heather Martin love to get all self-righteous and condemn and cyberharass innocent social activists on alleged wrongdoing which is usually based on some joint paranoid delusion they hold and is rarely if ever true.

They’ll run around pontificating all over the Internet about this person or group’s alleged evils.

One of the false charges they frequently run around laying (in addition to ‘pedo’) is that someone is a ‘snitch’. If they’re the source you can safely toss that one in the garbage.

Here’s what happens.

They decide to Annoy and Harass someone online by falsely accusing them of being a ‘snitch’. People generally don’t like snitches so this particular lie provides them with an easy way of whipping up some hate hysteria quickly.

Note that one of Kree Love’s early false accusations against me was that I was allegedly a snitch despite the evidence that irrefutably demonstrated that I wasn’t and didn’t.

When that someone stands up to their online abuse, gives them a taste of their own medicine but with a healthy dose of truth in place of the lies they vomit all over the place, all of a sudden they pull out their victim card and start whining.

Well I’ve suspected all along that they’ve also done more than their share of Snitching by officially reporting their false accusations.

Michael Babcock publicly admitted to doing this.

BabcockConfesses

Heather Martin has publicly admitted to doing this.

In addition to this public threat to Snitch, Julie Ann Larson has privately admitted to Snitching on her ex-boyfriends after they dump her both to the local police (the pedo false accusation) and to the feds (false accusations of hacking and terrorism). I’ll be happy to post the evidence here if she wants me to.

Kree Love has admitted to both wanting to Snitch and being approached to Snitch. Those chats are already public and can be viewed in DarkNet Child Trafficking scam PDF file posted in the post previous to this one: DarkNet Child Trafficking Scammers.

So, it looks like I selected the correct name for this group early on when I started calling them the #RATKREW.

That’s what snitches are people who rat.

Ironically this Snitch Crew has no problem with Kree Love’s criminal activities nor do they have a problem with targeting numerous social activist to ‘annoy’ and ‘harass’. Given that they all foster the delusion that Kree is 16 they also don’t have a problem with contributing to the delinquency of minors.

They do tend to get very ‘annoyed’ and ‘harassed’ when their victims stand up to their cyberharassment, cyberbullying and cyberstalking.

So, I suppose Julie Ann Larson, the Snitch, does have a point there.

I invite the skank and admitted Snitch, Julie Ann Larson to file charges against me under the California Penal Code, Sections 530.5 and 653m (b).

I’m sure the Judge would love to see the list I will provide (in my defense) of people that Julie Ann Larson has not only harassed and annoyed online and in real life in the last two years but the false accusations that she’s repeatedly made against people, like all of her ex-boyfriends (that I’m aware of) allegedly being ‘pedos’ after they dump her. As well as her efforts to recruit numerous people to participate in these vindictive and very personal harassment campaigns of hers.

I have numerous screenshots to entertain the judge with.

I suspect he’d be most interested in seeing the DoxBin dox and Michael Babcock’s web site.

Along with her baseless false accusations against me and others as well as her support of others when they make baseless false accusations against me and others I’d be surprised if the Judge didn’t haul Julie’s sorry ass off to jail.

I also invite the skank and admitted Snitch, Heather Martin to file charges against me in Canada.

I’m sure the Judge will love to see her vitriolic Hate Blog against Kevin Annett which also contains baseless and unsubstantiated false allegations about me. Are you going to be able to prove in a Court of Law those allegations are true liar? Of course not. And you know it. You know you fabricated them and you know there is no evidence to support them.

Then we have the Babcock/Kreepy lying machine. They tell lies which go so far beyond reality that they’ll likely get themselves locked up in psych ward. I’m sure the judge would love to see the numerous items obsessively posted all over the internet in blogs, videos, torrents, etc. targeting me with what can only be described as the ravings of lunatics. So, please do sue me.

Thomas and Chris are just ignorant shills that repeat the same bullshit over and over again. Bullshit that is so easily disproven that anyone with a minimally functional brain could do it.

The rest of the world is nowhere near as stupid as these people despite their assumptions that everyone is.

This is why their Snitching fails. They aren’t credible. Once anyone starts to seriously investigate what’s going on their covers are blown away pretty quickly revealing the real cyberharasser/stalker/bully beneath.

The only people they’re convincing of their alleged victimhood is themselves and the stupids they’ve managed to convince. These tards have brains that are so addled that they appear to be incapable of any form of reason.

Police and Feds aren’t suckered in as easily as the stupids.

The evidence of that is in the fact that not a single person who has been the target of this RatKrew of Snitches official vindictive and false accusations has ever been arrested, charged and convicted based on their Snitching. No-one has ever even been questioned about these absurd allegations because they are obviously absurd to normal, sane people.

The Feds and Police know liars when they see them.

And, ironically if Kreepy decides to return to the Sunshine State, this means that I would be able to charge him for doxing me and publishing the link to that DarkNet Doxbin dox on his web site. Good to know.

Any plans to move back to California Kree?

No doubt these hypocrites would be screeching self-servingly from the roof tops about what I snitch I was if I were to do that.

It’s what liars and hypocrites do.

There’s one standard for them (anything goes) and if anyone stands up to them …

Snitch … Snitch … Snitch becomes the name of their loser game.

It’s very interesting and not surprising in the least that Jennifer Emick has recently joined the RatKrew. Given her desire to start a company which does nothing but Snitch it’s probably a marriage made in heaven for her.

Of course, the immediate response of the RatKrew was to support Emick’s delusion that numerous innocent parties like Thomas Ryan are th3j35t3r whom she stalks and harasses quite regularly on Twitter. Emick has never been able to identify th3j35t3r and there is no evidence that Thomas Ryan is him.

Stalkers and harassers just need a reason to rationalize their stalking and harassment and this one is it for Emick.

Their problem is that the Feds prefer credible people and the word on Emick is that she’s pretty much a joke to the Feds. I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire RatKrew hasn’t made themselves a joke to the Feds given their actions.

Heather Martin certainly isn’t being taken seriously by the RCMP despite the fact that the RCMP would love to nail Kevin Annett with something. He’s been a proverbial thorn in their side for years with his exposures of E-Division corruption.

Heather’s modus operandi is misrepresentation combined with outrageous lies that have shock value

2. Heather Martin
Heather Martin of Saskatoon CyberBully
Heather is a 43 year old Registered Nurse employed at a large Saskatoon Hospital, who engages in what used to be considered a hate crime in Canada but is still considered a crime. Committing Defamatory Libel in Canada is a Criminal Code offense. Cyberstalking is considered Criminal Harassment.

She runs a defamatory libelous and vitriolic hate blog targeting a single individual, well known and well respected, anti-pedophilia social activist Kevin Annett.

She engages in cyberstalking Kevin to groups that he’s a member of and which she has no interest (she’s religious, has demonstrated a vitriolic hatred of atheists in her blog, yet joins atheist groups that Kevin is in).

She spreads rumors behind the scenes consisting of vicious and unsubstantiated allegations about Mr. Annett in order to convince others both to remove their support of him and his social activist causes and to defame him.

Since she started that blog, others have created similar style blogs targeting her in, in the same way, in retaliation. While I don’t agree with that style of retaliation one can hardly blame people for reacting to her abuse against Mr. Annett so strongly.

If anyone defends Kevin, their name, along with the most vicious and unsubstantiated defamatory libel will be added to her hate blog as mine has and others like First Nations social activist and member of AIM, Charley Brown.

Here’s what WikiSpooks has to say about Kevin Annett, the person this woman has chosen to defame:

Kevin D. Annett (aka. Kevin McNamee-Annett, and Eagle Strong Voice born 1956 in Edmonton, Alberta) is a Canadian writer and former minister of the United Church of Canada. He has authored three books about Canadian aboriginals - Love and Death in the Valley, Hidden from History: The Canadian Holocaust and Unrepentant: Disrobing the Emperor.

His treatment at the hands of the Canadian Establishment over his persistent, selfless advocacy for the indiginous populations of Canada, is an object lesson in the gross self-seving dishonesties, corruptions and hypocricies of power.

Filing false police reports and complaints against those she doesn’t like is also standard practice for Heather and something that she has publicly admitted to on the Internet. When those false reports and complaints get ignored because … well … they’re false, she decides that the person she filed them against must be under RCMP protection and an agent. Lol. Seriously.

CyberHarassment and the CyberBullies3. Michael Babcock

Michael Babcock aka N2KMaster CyberBully
Michael is 30 years old claims to have a job now and yet still manages to spend hours on his computer in Cambridge Narrows, (outskirts of Moncton) New Brunswick.

He considers himself a l33t h8x0r and Guru of the Internet. He has no formal training in IT but has picked up a few tricks of the trade as a hobbyist and thinks he knows more than people who have had years of training and experience on the job and in the industry.

Most, if not all of that time appears to be spent committing computer crimes of various types including the framing of one of the people on their hit list to support their lies that he’s a pedophile by creating a fake site using his name as the domain name. I discuss this in detail and provide evidence in the post, CyberBullies: How Far Will They Go?

In the area of computer crimes I will accept the fact that he is far more skilled and adept at committing computer crimes than I am since I’m not a criminal and don’t commit computer crimes. I admit that my knowledge is severely lacking in that particular area of expertise. Lol.

He, like Heather, admits publicly to filing false police reports and complaints against people he obsesses about.He, on the other hand, doesn’t appear to notice or care that he’s being ignored by these agencies and it doesn’t stop him from obsessively filing more. He’s been doing this all year and including me in these reports completely without cause, despite the fact that I have explicitly told him that I had nothing to do with [img]these incidents and he has no evidence that I did.
http://corruptionandthecorrupt.files.wo ... esses1.png[/img]
BabcockConfesses

This plus the following are the demonstrable indications that he appears to suffer from sort of extreme obsessive disorder.

For example, it wasn’t enough for him to post one dox to AnonPaste.me a site where the pastes could not be removed unless the original poster kept a special delete link provided at the time of the original posting.

In fact, it’s never enough no matter what the situation.

He used an autobot to flood the site with thousands of false, defamatory libelous pastes calling someone a pedophile and me and others pedophile enablers for no other reason than we associate with him.

Using an autobot to flood a site with data, in and of itself a criminal offense. He admitted doing this in an email. OTOH the likelihood that AnonPaste.me would have cared or charged him is nil.

Shortly after Michael did that the site was confiscated by Interpol and the owners arrested. I have no idea what the impact of Interpol seeing thousands of posts calling me a pedophile enabler will have on me or even worse the impact it will have on the person being falsely accused of being a pedophile.

Everything Michael does he does to extreme which indicates that he may have some very serious, untreated psychological issues.

MichaelBabcockAnonPaste1

Comments Off
Posted by Kitty Hundal on December 31, 2013 in CyberBullying, CyberHarassment, CyberStalking, Uncategorized

Tags: Anti-Social Personality Disorders, Antonio Lopez, CoderHyguru, cyberbullying, cyberharassment, cyberstalking, Heather Martin, Heather Martin Saskatoon, Kree Love, Michael Babcock, N2KMaster, Narcissism, negative attention, Psychopathy, Sociopathy
Butthurt Is As Butthurt Does

DEC
It seems that the Tards of the BoneYard (haha – such an appropriate name they gave to themselves) are suffering some serious Butthurt. Lol.

All they appear to be capable of doing is screeching like little pigs about how allegedly ‘insane’ I am and issuing threats about how the people I communicate with on Twitter are going to ‘be embarrassed’.

Presumably that means that the Tards are planning to send their amusing and either completely irrelevant links or links which they intentionally misrepresent to some pretty smart people.

The mistake that they always make and that will continue to define themselves as the FailTards that they are is that they really, sincerely, and honestly believe that the rest of the world is as stupid as they are.

So, I look forward to the fallout from this one with great amusement. ;-D

I always find it quite amusing when the demonstrably nuts allege that I’m ‘nuts’ but have absolutely nothing to show as evidence other than their lies and misrepresentations which are so easily refuted and have been refuted repeatedly.

In fact, the only people who actually believe the shit they regularly shovel are themselves. They can’t even get other TardKrews to buy it which should tell you just how obviously bizarre their stories are. Lol.

What they all do is make lots of assertions, show lots of pretty but useless and meaningless screenshots, and never provide any direct evidence that is directly related to the allegation.

It’s all just bizarre interpretations or obvious misrepresentation of the screenshots.

This behavior itself is demonstrably crazy.

So, according to them, I’m ‘crazy’ when I describe what crazy people like these Tards do. Ok. Lol.

That’s essentially what all of this boils down to and nothing more.

Apparently it’s ‘crazy’ to object to being harassed, bullied and stalked whether it’s online or IRL but it’s not crazy to actually harass, bully and stalk, according to these Tards.

Go figure.

Projection, that is, attributing your issues to those you target, is also a key component of the harasser/bully/stalker profile whether one is dealing with them online or IRL.

That is effectively what they’re doing amidst all this crying butthurt today. They’re projecting their psychological issues on to me and attributing their ongoing insanity to me, in the form of this cyberharassment that they instigated and that they know perfectly well is based on Kreepy’s paranoid delusions and pathological lies. Either that or they share his paranoid delusions because they share his mental health issues.

Their online behavior and history for several years now has demonstrated a clear and obvious anti-social personality disorder that they all appear to suffer from to varying degrees.

Their assertions, bizarre interpretations, and intentional misrepresentations don’t make me ‘crazy’.

Their assertions, bizarre interpretations, and intentional misrepresentations make them demonstrably crazy. Lol.

I’m not going to bother with all of the item’s that they posted because they’re obviously irrelevant to the bizarre allegations they’re making and because it would take a complete and total moron to see those as evidence of anything other than a lame attempt to smear me. No surprise that Kreepy comments on those posts but doesn’t comment anywhere else.

However, they appear to be just getting warmed up so I expect the cacophony of the loons to get louder as the evening wears on. Lol.

I’ve just selected one post to demonstrate the extent of their pathological lies.

First, of course, we have the usual threats which are a joke as far as I’m concerned. The only thing Tommy is successfully wrecking is his own reputation and he did that long before I came on the scene with his cyberharassment of others after he stupidly got conned (or so he claims – he’s not the most credible person given all the lies he spews). Cyberharassers frequently play the victim card when they want to recruit others to participate in their cyberharassment campaigns.

Thomas Schroeder aka Thomas W. Cook aka Juliet Biehl, et al
Thomas Schroeder aka Thomas W. Cook aka Juliet Biehl, et al
Ironically, they’ve been at this for months and have only succeeded in recruiting two Tards to go after me directly both of whom are demonstrated cyberstalkers, cyberbullies and cyberharassers in their own right and have their own independent histories of defaming innocent people online.

Now to address the lies in the screenshot at the end of this post. They’re a joke but it’s always good to have the response out there in writing so that those who actually want to find the truth will find it.

Lie 1 is defamatory libel from Heather Martin:

‘…Kevin Annett uses Anonymous Hackers to do his dirty work.’

In the article, itself, Heather Martin claims that I am the said ‘Anonymous hacker’ along with numerous other vicious and unsubstantiated lies. She appears to be quite experienced at this cyberharassment thing given that she uses all the standard deceptions and demagogic tricks in her blog that the dishonest use when they haven’t actually got a rational argument or evidence.

Without even getting into the rest of it, at bare minimum, Heather Martin, if she was a normal, sane, rational human being would have evidence that I’m a ‘hacker’ before she published such nonsense.

She hasn’t produced any evidence because there is none. She can’t produce any because I don’t hack. That, in and of itself, makes all of her allegations there questionable. However, at some point, in the future I’ll address them in more detail in this blog.

I’ve already given a fair amount of background on Ms. Martin here, here, and here. There are two additional blogs written by others about her as well, here and here. The articles written by me on the first two blogs, or at least that information will eventually be moved to this blog and deleted from those other blogs. The third article is from this blog.

Now, you should also note the cowardice and incompetence here. All of these chickenshits are hiding in Heather Martin’s skirts, using her blog to attack me and she isn’t even seen in the discussion. Lol. At least not yet. No doubt she’ll show up at some point.

They want to make sure that the heat is directed to her and not their cowardly asses. She will kow tow to this because she really is as stupid as they are and she’s unable to see that they’re simply throwing her under the bus just like Michael is unable to see that they are doing the same to him. All of their behavior here is the definition of crazy.

They don’t show Antonio F. Lopez aka Kree Love’s blog which libels me directly because he’s a chicken shit little coward who can’t stand the heat generated by his own actions.

Lie 2. is Michael Babcock’s delusion. I’ve never said anywhere that he was Heather Martin nor have I said anywhere that the sock he uses in this thread, Lilli Alpert is Heather Martin. Lilli Alpert is Michael Babcock’s sock and I’ve been aware of it for months.

Lie 3. is Babcock’s delusion but it’s also a group delusion. That is, all of them continuously make that allegation, that everyone on the list is being called a Child Trafficker. I suppose I could be generous and just assume that they’ve misread the PTR site repeatedly but that would make me delusional. Lol. I’m actually being kind by calling it a delusion since the only other option is that it’s a flagrant lie.

If you go to the site it doesn’t allege that everyone on the list is a DarkNet Child Trafficking Scammer. Read it for yourself. The allegations are quite clear to anyone who has a basic grasp of the english language. I don’t use too many big words there. There is also evidence provided that is explicit to each allegation.

Lie 4. more lame threats from Tommy Tard and his delusion that my interactions with friends or people that I’m having friendly interactions with is ‘brown-nosing’ Lol and his implication that he’s going to enlighten them. That’s going to be more amusing than I can even tell you for reasons that Tommy Tard has no clue about. I think I’ll keep those reasons to myself and let him make an abject fool of himself. In fact, I might just wait for a couple of days before publishing this blog, just to ensure that he has every opportunity to demonstrate just what a whacko he is. This calls for popcorn. :-D

Lie 5. Babcock claims that the ‘truce’ I attempted to negotiate with him only lasted 8 hours. It didn’t even last that long. Babcock was sharing my emails with Heather Martin from the start and had no intention of having a truce. He did remove my information and links from some of the sites but not all, claiming that he couldn’t access all of them. It was merely a token gesture but it reduced the number of lies out there and he wasn’t adding me to the new blogs he created at that time.

I removed his name from the web site which is the only place it was at that time and there was no other commentary about him there at that time. Only his name. Just having his name appear in one location on the Internet was apparently enough to drive him quite mad and target me and even having it removed wasn’t enough for him to deal with me honestly.

That’s pretty crazy and extreme behavior given the fact that I upheld my side of the truce for months and was not involved in anything related to him until he crossed the line recently.

His name was added back to the site after he published several of those new and identical hate blogs filled with lies and defamatory libel, all of which included me. Obsessive much?

He included me because he really is quite a stupid man and got conned with the lamest trick in the book, by the person who initially exposed the DarkNet Child Trafficking Scam. That person created a blog about Michael but used a template that I use on one my blogs. That was enough to sucker this Tard into turning me into a target again and obsessing about me. ROFL.

The sheer stupidity that has been demonstrated over and over and over again by the members of this group belies belief.

Another one of Babcock’s delusions is his allegation that I ‘agreed the PDF was fake’. No, I didn’t. I said I didn’t know whether the word ‘Echelon’ had been added to the top and I stated that it looked like the PDF that Antonio aka Kree showed me. In addition, I pointed out that at least 2 other people received that PDF directly from Antonio aka Kree and attested to it being genuine.

I also attempted to explain to this Tard who thinks he’s the Guru of the Internet how Google Docs works and why there is, in fact, another rational explanation for the modification label. Unfortunately like I’ve said before, repeatedly, you can’t reason with Tards. It simply isn’t possible. That’s what makes them Tards. No amount of evidence, rational argumentation, reason will ever get through their thick skulls and their pet paranoid delusions. And therein lies the strongest evidence that they are indeed mentally ill in some way, most likely with some sort of anti-social personality disorder.

Lie 6. Babcock’s delusional allegation that ‘I spazzed at him’. ROFL. This one is hilarious because if he ever produces the email, which he used to call a ‘rage email’, all I’m doing is asking him, quite calmly and politely, why he gave my emails to Heather Martin. We were still communicating by email and ‘negotiating’ our ‘truce’ when Heather Martin posted her hate post which included chopped up versions of my emails to Michael. (Refer back to Lie 5 where Michael claims the ‘truce’ lasted 8 hours. Lol.

And, of course Heather Martin was added to list after I saw the blog post. She got played, was stupid and decided to play and those were the consequences.

If she wants to stop playing and removes those posts on her blog with my name in them, all of my posts and any references to her associated with this group of Tards will be removed. It’s her choice. I have no illusions whatsoever about what her choice will be. Those who suffer from anti-social personality disorders are quite predictable.

Lie 7. Yes we know Julie Ann Larson, the elementary school teacher from LA County is just pure as the driven snow and it’s just her bad luck that all her recent exBFs were pedos (according to her) and deserved to be harassed IRL and cyberharassed and she ‘didn’t do anything’. ROFL. Just like Javeria Laila isn’t her sock. ROFL. Julie Ann Larson was actively targeting me and others. There is no question. Just like there is no question that Javeria Laila is her sock. Her scam is to lie and then beg and plead with people ‘not to tell anyone what she said’ to ensure that she doesn’t get caught in her lie. Of course, anyone who wasn’t delusional would know that the real world doesn’t work that way and people talk and love to show off their screenshots.

Lie 8 by Michael Babcock was addressed in my response to Lie 5. His name was placed back on the site and I’m including him in this blog because he placed me on that site that he created on Kreepy’s behalf. If he hadn’t done that he wouldn’t be receiving such special attention here and his name would not have been added back to the PTR site. He made his choice and has only himself to blame for it. If he removed everything (and this time I would require everything removed with no excuses accepted) then he will also be removed from all posts and the web site. Again, I have no illusions about the choice that he will make because as I said, those with anti-social personality disorders are quite predictable.

The fact that they are predictable doesn’t mean that you don’t offer people an out and all of these people have that out if they want it. They are the one’s who instigated this cyberharassment campaign against me and others based on Kreepy’s lies. They can stop it anytime they choose by removing the lies that they’ve had posted everywhere.

They choose not stop it because, in my opinion, they are all mentally ill drama whores and narcissists who suffer from some form of anti-social personality disorder and who feed on negative attention, enjoy hurting innocent people, and simply don’t want to stop. Nothing demonstrates that better than their actual behavior over the past 11 months as well as in the following post and the posts that I will be posting which will detail the entire progression of events in their own words.

“With ropes wove from their own words shall they be hung” –Oison Sweeney
NookingTrolls
Thomas Schroeder, Julie Larson, Michael Babcock ( as Lilli Alpert ROFL)
Thomas Schroeder, Julie Larson, Michael Babcock ( as Lilli Alpert ROFL)

1 Comment
Posted by Kitty Hundal on December 26, 2013 in CyberBullying, CyberHarassment, CyberStalking, Uncategorized

Tags: Anti-Social Personality Disorders, Antonio Lopez, CoderHyguru, cyberbullying, cyberharassment, cyberstalking, Heather Martin, Heather Martin Saskatoon, Kree Love, Michael Babcock, N2KMaster, Narcissism, negative attention
CyberHarassment, A Pattern Of Behavior

DEC
normalhumanbeingAntonio Lopez, the American adult impersonating UK teenager Kree Love, has a long history on the Internet of Cyberharassment against numerous people associated with Anonymous. Many who have had some contact with him and who are serious social activists, hackers, gamers, or just innocent people that inadvertently trigger what appear to be paranoid delusions have become his victims.

Antonio aka Kree thinks nothing of lying to all of his associates about the people he wants to target in order to get them worked up into a frothing rage and jump into the front lines for him. He also thinks nothing of targeting people in his social circle. Friendship appears to mean very little to him.

It looks like Jamie McKinley taught him quite a sound lesson and as a result he’s afraid to be on the front lines even with back up. Unfortunately, this hasn’t stopped him from continuing his cyberharassment, it’s just motivated him to modify his strategy. Now, he manipulates from behind the scenes and instigates others to go into the front lines for him so that he doesn’t have to take any heat for his activities.

There are plenty of Tards out there ready to be conned into doing his dirty work. Tards who don’t check out the story. If they did, they’d walk away and tell him to fight his own battles like a man, instead of hiding behind everyone else’s skirts like a little pansy.

It’s been my experience that all Cyberharassers are basically cowards who use the same strategies. So, the first time they instigate a harassment campaign, they need to be taught a lesson and then after that, those who shill for them, and are also, often cyberharassers in their own right, also need to be taught a lesson.

Antonio managed to hook up with people who also have the same history of cyberharassment of their own friends and others who associate with Anonymous. This entire group has done absolutely nothing since 2010 except engage in vicious cyberharassment of numerous people online both on their own and in this group.

It’s important to remember that this type of nonsense never ends on it’s own, and it’s a mistake for people to advise others to ‘ignore it and it will go away’. It won’t. If you think it does, give me some actual evidence of a single situation where that happened. You’ll be very hard-pressed to find one. And note that there’s a difference between a normal Internet fight which flares up and is over quickly, and an actual ongoing cyberharassment campaign which someone intentionally instigates and continues to feed.

A full-fledged Cyberharassment campaign will only stop when those who engage in this nonsense are forced to stop either through social pressure, legal means, mental health intervention, standing up to them and exposing their lies, etc.

lollipoppsychoBullying and harassment are indicators of an anti-social personality disorder in those who engage in this behavior. As a result the behavior won’t stop on it’s own because the instigators can’t stop. They’re obsessive and they feed on the negative attention.

IRL what we usually see is one bully/harasser surrounded by sheeple who do their bidding but on their own are unlikely to engage in this behavior. As a result the bullying can be stopped by socially isolating the bully from their sheeple.

Since it’s become so much easier to connect with people all over the world online, we are seeing a different phenomenon develop online.

A phenomenon where groups of bullies and harassers are getting together and working together to target innocent people. Even though one bully/harasser might be the alpha dog, the other bullies and harassers are also quite capable of, and do, operate their own bullying and harassment campaigns. Kree’s group is a perfect example of this.

A search on both Michael Babcock aka N2KMaster aka CoderHyguru as well as Heather Martin will give you plenty of evidence to support this fact. Both are running Hate Blogs against individuals, targeting anyone associated with those individuals, and including them on the Hate Blogs as well. I, and many others are listed on their blogs and targeted with their lies because of our associations.

These Tards appear to have forgotten that both the Canadian Charter of Rights and the US Constitution protect our right to free association and no-one, including these Tards have the right to bully and intimidate us because of who we choose to associate with. Using the ‘guilt by association’ fallacy is typical of demagogues and liars who are pursuing agendas and don’t have any truths to support them.

Antonio Lopez aka Kree Love is also running a Hate Blog on his web site targeting me where he also targets others associated with me. He has created a sub-domain using my name without my permission where he has posted defamatory libel on DarkNet’s DoxBin and used an interface to make it accessible on ClearNet.

In response to these attacks I created a web site and this blog and have commented on this topic on some other blogs I run.

I don’t believe that liars should be able to lie with impunity and I don’t believe they should be ignored so I do respond to public lies publicly.

Of course, Antonio aka Kree, likes to play the victim card and pretend that the opposite is true. It isn’t and I can disprove any and all of the numerous variations of his stories which allege that’s the case. Since there are so many variations of this lie (he has to change it every time I refute it) there’s no point doing so here.

An intelligent person looking for the truth will find it in my blogs and web site.

A Tard who prefers to believe the lie will stick with the lie no matter what refutations are provided.

That said, naturally, many of the individuals targeted by these Tards don’t react well to this abuse and respond in kind. When this occurs, you can absolutely certain that ALL the bullies will start a cacophony of screeching and whining about what poor little victims they are and playing the innocents. They ALL suddenly and conveniently ‘forget’ the inconvenient truth that people are simply responding to their abuse.

They consider themselves bullying victims whenever anyone dares to stand up to their abuse and harassment. This is a standard strategy of cyberharassers, cyberbullies and cyberstalkers and a known part of their psychological profile.

You’ll see this pattern play out over and over again whenever cyberharassment is occurring.

If you care enough about ending cyberharassment, cyberbullying and cyberstalking you will pay attention to the patterns of behavior. When you do, it becomes quite easy to detect who the bullies are and who the victims are.

Not standing up to these Tards, hoping that if you ignore them they’ll go away, doesn’t work, has been demonstrated not to work repeatedly and is bad advice. I believe that’s why people end up committing suicide because of these crazies.

Why? Because when you tell a victim to ‘ignore it and it will go away’ you are disempowering the victim and empowering and enabling the bully.

This not only encourages the bully to continue targeting you but it encourages them to target others as well.

They need to be deterred and not enabled.

And as I said previously deterrence occurs when they are forced to stop either through social pressure, legal means, mental health intervention, standing up to them and exposing their lies, etc.

It’s the ONLY thing I’ve seen work and psychological research studies on those who suffer from anti-social personality disorders support this.

1 Comment
Posted by Kitty Hundal on December 21, 2013 in CyberBullying, CyberHarassment, CyberStalking, Uncategorized

Tags: Anti-Social Personality Disorders, Antonio Lopez, CoderHyguru, cyberbullying, cyberharassment, cyberstalking, Heather Martin, Heather Martin Saskatoon, Kree Love, Michael Babcock, N2KMaster, Narcissism, Psychopathy, Sociopathy
Heather Martin of Saskatoon’s Defamatory Libel

DEC

Heather Martin of Saskatoon
Heather Martin of Saskatoon
Heather Martin is one of Kree Love’s newest monkey recruits. She is a Registered Nurse at a large Saskatoon Hospital. She is also the author of a vitriolic hate blog singling out Kevin Annett as the main target of her cyberharassment campaign.

Several blogs have been started by different people to address this abuse and object to her harassment of Kevin Annett, a well-known and well-respected social activist as well as other social activists. Those blogs are listed in the blog links on the left.

She has also engaged in cyberstalking Kevin Annett by following him onto Facebook groups that she would otherwise have no interest in joining simply so that she can lurk, spy and spread her poisonous lies about Kevin on to those groups.

For example, she has a serious hate-on for atheists and yet you’ll find her in every single atheist group that Kevin has joined on Facebook as of November, 2013.

Her main strategy appears to be to spew numerous wild-eyed, baseless and unsubstantiated allegations/accusations about her targets, providing numerous irrelevant screenshots which don’t support the allegations she is making and in some cases actually refute them, much like Kree Love’s other monkey, Michael Babcock.

Cyberharassers, cyberbullies and cyberstalkers all use the same strategies so this isn’t surprising and it isn’t surprising that Kree Love is recruiting others who are already doing what he’s doing. He’s just too chickenshit to put himself in the frontlines so he wants to have his monkeys take the heat for him.

Unfortunately for Kree Love, I’m onto his scam and will be ensuring that he’s kept in the front lines whether he likes it or not.

He’s the one behind all of this drama and I will ensure that he has to face the consequences of that.

Heather has numerous other deceptive strategies she employs up her sleeve as well. I’ll be covering them over a period of time here and demonstrating them as she uses them.

In fact, when I come across people like Heather Martin it always crosses my mind that if these tards spent as much time and energy actually researching a topic and critically analyzing it, using sound logic and reason, as they do inventing bizarre fabrications, irrational, self-serving conclusions, and creating the pretense that they did the research by fabricating book lists, etc., they might actually come up with something productive.

And this is where you can see the difference between the intentionally stupid like Heather and those who are ignorant. Ignorance can be cured with education, critical thought and reasoning. Stupidity unfortunately can’t because it’s either a conscious act or it’s a biological trait. And deception is always the name of the game for the stupid. They can’t function any other way.

If she is willing to go to such bizarre, extreme and vindictive lengths to target someone so personally and so viciously online one can only wonder what she is capable of if she should come across a patient she develops a hate-on for.

I can’t even imagine what she might be capable of doing.

I’d feel very sorry for that patient and encourage them to file a law suit against any hospital that would hire such a person.

Here’s what WikiSpooks has to say about Kevin Annett, the person this woman has chosen to defame:

Kevin D. Annett (aka. Kevin McNamee-Annett, and Eagle Strong Voice born 1956 in Edmonton, Alberta) is a Canadian writer and former minister of the United Church of Canada. He has authored three books about Canadian aboriginals - Love and Death in the Valley, Hidden from History: The Canadian Holocaust and Unrepentant: Disrobing the Emperor.

His treatment at the hands of the Canadian Establishment over his persistent, selfless advocacy for the indiginous populations of Canada, is an object lesson in the gross self-seving dishonesties, corruptions and hypocricies of power.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:26 pm

norton ash » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:08 am wrote:Aw, c'mon, Iamwhoiam, I was just being vague and passive-aggressive. It happens when a casual observer watches too many games of sledgehammer ping-pong over moot points. Although 'fuck you' is a perfectly good answer, too, so thanks for playing, and I'll go back to silent prayer or laser-pointer safari with the cat or something.

Aw, I didn't mean it, Norton. I loves you man.

I was providing an example of a drive-by cyber-bully type of troll, an excellent example I believe, then previously unmentioned.

But I do understand all too well all else you wrote. Tends one to lose grip of their passive to embrace their inner aggressive before it gets away from them... and who knows what that might bring if it did?
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:40 am

The Toxic, Bullying Troll Culture Has Made Much of the Internet Dangerous; Just Perfect for Donald Trump's Political Rise

A dark cultural shift is underway, being shaped by anonymous trolls across the country.

By Kali Holloway / AlterNet September 20, 2016

“Don’t feed the trolls,” the saying goes, as if it were really that easy. As a prescriptive for navigating the harassment, hatred and bile that now fester on and darken the Internet and social media, it’s both woefully inadequate and unrealistic advice. Like its closely related partner, “Don’t read the comments,” the suggestion that we all just ignore the toxic venom spewed online by actors who often travel in packs and attack in hordes, underestimates the unignorable provocation, emotional trauma and bonafide fear they purposely create and instill. The bunk idea that we can all just look away—or more annoyingly, log off, shut down or shut up—is the quaint, ineffective (and in our current troll-glutted climate, offensive) relic of a bygone era. It’s a holdover from a time when the internet was a kinder, gentler digital space and the trolls who roamed it less malicious monsters than playful pranksters.

The evolution of trolling, like that of the internet itself, has occurred with surprising and unpredictable speed. In the early days of the World Wide Web, trolling took the form of a relatively innocuous—though intrusive and annoying—type of merry pranksterism. Fusion contributor Kristen V. Brown describes 1990s Usenet forums as sites where trolling was considered “a little like a prank phone call”; one 2002 Urban Dictionary entry defines trolls as people who post “deliberately provocative message[s]...with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument,” while another states that “trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling...and isn't funny.”

Examples of latter-day trolling might include putting up wantonly obtuse, logically circuitous, mind-blowingly stupid, off-topic or antagonistic messages (often dubbed “flaming”), crafted solely for the purpose of frustrating or otherwise irritating more sincere members of an online community. The idea was that trolls didn’t mean the dumb things they said, though successful trolling—and this is key—required that those they aimed to piss off believe that they did. “Troll” was a label the angry members of an online community imposed on troublemakers, a way to identify and ferret out those hellbent on ruining an otherwise good conversation.

“There would be guys who would go onto the Star Trek newsgroup and say, ‘You know, I think Spock was actually human,’” says Jon Hendren, who has become one of the internet’s most revered trolls based on a series of outrageous stunts, including appearing on a TV news segment about Edward Snowden and instead discussing the plight of Edward Scissorhands. “It would garner these huge lengthy responses from guys who would list every time Spock said something about being Vulcan. You knew the guy who said that [Spock was human] was not being serious, but he also wasn't breaking any rules. He's getting his jollies from that—and I think that's what trolling is to me. It's where you play within the bounds of an established system...to highlight the absurdity within those systems, hopefully in a funny way.”

4chan and Reddit went live in 2003 and 2005 respectively, and the two sites become epicenters for trollish behavior. Whereas trolling had previously been a thing you were accused of by those who disapproved of your behavior, now “trolls” began to claim the title for themselves, considering it a source of pride.

“4chan was when people really started to take that label on as something that they wore almost as a badge of honor,” says Whitney Phillips, a media folklorist and actual scholar on internet trolls, whose doctoral thesis served as the foundation for 2015’s This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things: Mapping the Relationship between Online Trolling and Mainstream Culture. “This was a point of subcultural identification. It was a way to connect with the people who were around you who were engaging in similar behaviors. It was a way of marking an in group, essentially.”

Phillips, who has spent nearly a decade e-staking out the virtual spaces trolls frequent, such as 4chan, Reddit, Facebook and Twitter, notes in her book that there is “every indication that the vast majority of subcultural trolls—certainly the ones I interacted with—are relatively privileged white males for whom English is either a first or second language.” In the mid-aughts, as the particularly white-male dominated spaces of 4chan and Reddit grew exponentially, trolls began taking up more and more digital space, not just on those sites but across the internet in general. Just as in real life (or IRL), when groupthink and mob mentality are added to the churn of toxic masculinity, sexism, racism, white supremacy and male fragility, the results were predictably ugly. Trolls had long claimed they were in it “for the lulz,” which is sort of like lolz, but at other people’s expense. In the decided shift in the tone of trolling, the incredibly unfunny invective was often directed at women, African Americans and other people of color, as well as other historically marginalized groups.

In many ways, internet forums in the U.S. offer an unvarnished look at America’s essential character; a transparent account of what this place is really about when you strip away accountability and offer anonymity in its place. On Reddit and 4chan, particularly the latter’s anything-goes /b/ board, extreme racism and vicious misogyny flourished, with cruelty and abuse becoming key traits of the hivemind personality. Administrators at 4chan and Reddit responded to the explosion of hate speech and vitriol by doing absolutely nothing, then followed that up by turning their inaction into a policy of sorts, framing it as vague, overly simplistic advocacy for free speech. That approach quickly succeeded in creating an environment less known as a site for the unimpeded exchange of ideas than a welcome haven for white nationalists, anti-Semites and women haters.

Along with the teeming masses of neo-Nazis and misogynists, this attitude attracted creeps whose interests included things like incest, rape and graphic pictures of dead children. One of the most prolific Redditors, a guy who went by Violentacrez until he was outed in 2012 as Texas military dad Michael Brutsch, created and/or moderated subreddits including r/chokeabitch, r/niggerjailbait, r/Hitler, r/jailbait and r/Jewmerica. (Not to wade too deep into the weeds here, but if you can conceive of it, or it’s so horrible you’d desperately like to forget it exists, there’s probably a 4chan board or subreddit dedicated to it.)

Dan McComas, a former higher-up Reddit until the site’s highly public reshuffling last year, reflected on the direction of trolling since the internet’s nascent days—when the worst thing you saw was “maybe sending somebody a disgusting picture and disguising it”—and what we’re seeing now. “I guess one thing leads to another, but I don't know,” said McComas, who recently founded IMZY, a social media site focused on creating online communities where abuse and harassment don’t get in the way. “I have a hard time really buying into the slippery slope thing. I think that terrible people exist, and terrible people were given platforms to thrive. Not only to thrive, but to teach people and to influence people. For those things not only to become accepted, but to become encouraged, and that it turned into something huge.”

There are harmless, beloved memes and other internet ephemera that have come from 4chan and Reddit. We have those troll bastions to thank for LOLcats and Rickrolling, and the “hacktivist” collective emerged from the masses of 4chan’s Anonymous contributors. But in the same way that Reddit (the 11th most visited site in the U.S., with 542 million monthly visitors), can take cat memes and inadvertently turn them into widely shared, culturally embedded viral touchstones, the site is also very good at reflecting and amplifying the kind of hate that’s already pervasive in American society.

As those voices have become ever louder on Reddit, they’ve often drowned out, in volume and by sheer force of will, the voices of others attempting to build communities for themselves. (A kind of “free speech for me, but not for thee,” I guess.) What’s more, many of those trolls have played up their actions as a sort of heroic pushback against “political correctness” (i.e., the idea that the people who have always been able to say whatever abhorrent things they want might now be held accountable for saying those things), which they suggest somehow violates their First Amendment rights. Never mind that the sheer amount of hateful language they freely espouse all over the internet is proof that they’re wrong.

“When people talk about free speech online, they're often referring to the very cartoon, weak version of what free speech is actually about,” Whitney Phillips told me. “The spirit of free speech is preserving the greatest amount of speech for the greatest amount of people. That's the ideal. The problem with notions of free speech that privilege the voices of the antagonist, [is that they] create an environment in which there is actually less speech....The fact of the matter is that they're not championing free speech on the whole. They're championing their own speech and their own ability to do whatever they want without having to answer to anyone. They feel threatened because it could potentially take away their ability to do whatever they wanted. In defending that, they get the spirit of the thing totally false.”

“I believe in plurality of conversation,” Phillips adds. “I believe in debate. I believe in disagreement. You can't have that if the biggest assholes have the floor. Rolling your eyes at the free speech defense online, that's not rolling your eyes at free speech. That's rolling your eyes at a very myopic, deeply privileged misunderstanding of what free speech even is or is supposed to be.”

A 2014 Daily Dot article recounts how members of the subreddit r/Blackladies were inundated with horrifying messages from racist trolls. Volunteer moderators of the group had to delete those messages one by one, even as new threats and insults flooded in, an experience that left them “exhausted and demoralized.” Likewise, one of the moderators of the subreddit r/rape, a group for survivors of sexual violence, told writer Aaron Sankin, “[W]e regularly get visitors who are sexually aroused by the stories that some of our users tell and often feel the need to inform them of that fact in the most graphic of ways possible. You could imagine how that makes a rape survivor feel, especially those with fresh trauma.” Another r/rape moderator abandoned the task after being endlessly harassed and "doxxed," meaning her personal information and identity was published online, ensuring the abuse could follow her offline, too. Stories like these have become disturbingly typical.

“Reddit, like any other site, is a culture,” Dan McComas told me. “You can kind of guess what you're going to see in every Reddit group. You click on a Reddit thread, and if it's popular you know that the first highly voted comment is going to be a joke playing on the [subreddit name], and the second highest vote is probably going to be something terribly misogynistic. Then the fifth is super racist. That's just the culture, right? I think this is the same problem you have with Twitter. It's just a culture. And once something becomes the culture, I don't think you can change it.”

That culture has long left the confines of places like Reddit and 4chan and infected the entire internet. Read any YouTube comment thread—regardless of the video subject—and you’ll encounter some random bit of misogyny or a racist slur. Anonymous eggs and alt-righties send tweets about the Jewish menace and fake stats about rampaging black criminals, which Donald Trump then retweets. Scroll down news articles written by or about women and people of color and you’re guaranteed commentary from readers with nothing to add but racism and sexist name-calling or worse, threats of violence.

In 2014, women-focused website Jezebel had to publicly call out parent company Gawker (R.I.P.) for refusing to do anything about “violent pornography” being strewn across its comment sections. Earlier this year, the Guardian conducted a study that found “eight of [its] 10 regular writers who got the most abuse from commenters online were women (four white and four non-white) and two were black men. (The 10 regular writers who got the least abuse were all men.)” Over the last couple years, the race hate and other garbage trolls have left behind have led to shutdowns of comment sections on the Daily Beast, Reuters, Mic, Verge , Re/code, NPR, The Week, National Journal, the Chicago Sun-Times and Popular Science.

A 2014 Pew Research Center study found that “73 percent of [U.S.-based] adult Internet users have seen someone be harassed in some way online and 40 percent have personally experienced it.” While that indicates the internet is pretty gross all over, women of all races and people of color in particular find themselves in the crosshairs of the worst and most relentless bad actors online. An Australian study this year suggests that online harassment against women may be on its way to becoming “an established norm in our digital society.” The Pew study concluded that while “men are more likely to experience name-calling and embarrassment...young women are particularly vulnerable to sexual harassment and stalking.” That's the difference between a man online being called a jerk or an asshole, and a woman being told by an anonymous man on Twitter that he is going to “look you up, and when I find you, im going to rape you and remove your head,” as journalist Amanda Hess was. Writer Joel Stein, in a recent piece on trolls for Time Magazine, noted that “nearly half of the women on staff have considered quitting journalism because of hatred they’ve faced online, although none of the men [have].”

Women of color, especially those expressing feminist or womanist ideas online, often find themselves the targets of sickeningly violent threats and harassment. Broadway actress Pia Glenn, who has a healthy Twitter following, told writer Terrell Jermaine Starr how it too often goes for black women whose very existence online trolls resent. "It takes fewer back-and-forth vollies to get to 'nigger bitch,' 'nigger cunt,'" Glenn said. "I've had lynching threats. People send me terrible historical pictures of our ancestors being lynched. So proportionately speaking, if you're not a person of color, you will not get that. Let's say there are 100 insults in the world, there are more of them that apply to us. When a white woman gets terrible harassment about being raped, attacked or killed, that's very serious as well. But there's no way she can get the lynching threats with historical pictures of black people. So there's a whole other section of ugly, hideous things people feel they can say to us."

African-American writer Jamie Nesbitt Golden changed her Twitter avatar (though not her bio) to a picture of a random white guy and found that “the number of snarky, condescending tweets dropped off considerably, and discussions on race and gender were less volatile. I had suddenly become reasonable and level-headed. My racial identity no longer clouded my ability to speak thoughtfully, and in good faith. It was like I was a new person. Once I went back to black, it was back to business as usual.”

Similarly, as part of the 2014 Twitter #RaceSwapExp experiment, white blogger Christopher Carbone replaced his avatar with a picture of black feminist writer Feminista Jones, who has said, “There’s not a day that goes by when someone isn’t trolling or harassing me.” Despite the fact that the content of Carbone's messages remained the same, he wrote that the “level of hateful tweets [he received] went from zero to off the charts,” and noted the experiment allowed him to “experience a little bit of what black women and women of color deal with 24/7/365 in all online spaces: endless trolling, racist and misogynistic hate, tactics that silence and derail, demeaning assaults on their humanity.”

Several recent troll mass attacks have helped drive home the seriousness of what we’re dealing with. In 2014, there was Gamergate, in which an onslaught of trolls began hurling threats so intense at women in gaming that some women were forced to leave their homes and go into hiding; others who publicly opposed Gamergate were targets of swatting, or prank calls that dispatched SWAT police teams to their houses. In that case, the trolls painted themselves as valiant resistors to the tyranny of feminism and SJWs, or social justice warriors. That same year, a 4chan user leaked private, naked photos of famous women including Jill Scott, Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton. Alongside the outrage about privacy violations and misogyny, some unhelpfully suggested the women shouldn’t have been so bold as to take nude photos in the first place.

More recently, Leslie Jones, an African-American comedian and cast member on Saturday Night Live was deluged with racist messages by trolls outraged about this summer’s remake of Ghostbusters, which replaced the original quartet with women, including Jones. Sexist tantrums were on full display across social media from the moment the film was announced, but Jones, the lone black woman among the film’s co-stars, received the brunt of ire from trolls who imagined the movie as part of some larger conspiracy to promote #WhiteGenocide and a bunch of other nonsense they envisioned in paranoid fever dreams. Jones was so distraught by the attack—which continued to escalate until her site was hacked, its content replaced with nude photos and racist images—she abandoned Twitter for a period. In a rare move, the platform actually took action, banning the goader-in-chief of Jones’ attackers, alt-right mascot Milo Yiannopoulos.

This is where trollism—or what we now refer to as trolling—has led. On 4chan, Reddit, and other forums where hate was encouraged and allowed to grow unchecked, the alt-right has developed into a loose coalition of (mostly) angry white men who believe and propagate the idea that they are this country’s oppressed class. In this alt-landscape, Latinos and blacks are stealing their rightful spoils; feminism is upsetting the natural men-on-top order of things; Muslim invaders are destroying the country; and an international Jewish conspiracy is trying to wipe out the white race with tools that include miscegenation and homosexuality. Men who aren’t on board with the alt-right's retrograde cause are labeled “cucks,” a corruption of cuckold (or “cuckservatives” in the case of Republican opponents). (The SPLC notes “the phrase has a racist undertone...implying that establishment conservatives are like white men who allow black men to sleep with their wives.”) They describe revelatory moments—in this warped context, going all in on racism and misogyny—as swallowing the “red pill,” as in the film The Matrix.

"Essentially, you choose the red pill of truth as opposed to the blue pill of delusion," Richard B. Spencer, head of the National Policy Institute (a very neutral sounding name for a white nationalist think tank), told Vice recently. "That is, the truth about race, the truth about America, the truth about the Jewish influence, the truth about women...These are hard truths, and these are truths that go against the grain of liberal ideology and wishful thinking."

Jared Taylor, an outspoken white nationalist, has stated that while there are “areas of disagreement” among alt-right adherents, “the central element of the alt-right is the position it takes on race.” If those sentiments seem a lot like the thinking espoused by Donald Trump, then you’ve stumbled onto the reasons why the movement has thrown its vast virtual weight behind the candidate. Subscribers to Reddit boards /r/WhiteRights and /r/The_Donald have increased by leaps and bounds, in some cases, rising by tens of millions month over month. It is not a coincidence this growth has happened as “the number of white nationalists and self-identified Nazi sympathizers on Twitter have multiplied more than 600 percent in the last four years, outperforming the so-called [ISIL] in everything from follower counts to number of daily tweets,” according to a George Washington University study. Stephen Bannon, Trump’s campaign head and the executive chairman of Breitbart News, has proudly dubbed his publication “the platform for the alt-right." There’s strength in numbers, and the spread of Trumpism and alt-righties has helped make the internet a difficult place to exist for many.

In recent months, targets of online hate, including New York Times writer Jonathan Weisman (who devoted a column to the anti-Semitism alt-righters and other Trumpites have tweeted at him) and feminist writer Jessica Valenti (whose 5-year-old daughter was threatened with rape by an Instagram troll) have abandoned parts of social media. Journalist Julia Ioffe told the Guardian that she has received calls from people who’ve serenaded her with Hitler speeches, and was the subject of a neo-Nazi website post titled “Empress Melania Attacked by Filthy Russian Kike Julia Ioffe in GQ!” Bethany Mandel wrote about being subject to so much anti-Semitism—she was called a “slimy Jewess” and told she “deserve[s] the oven”—that fear prompted her to buy a gun. Cleveland.com columnist Henry J. Gomez writes that he’s seen a rise in hate mail following Trump’s ascension, with messages suggesting he should be "on the other side of the wall" and that his heritage should "disqualify" him from covering the presidential campaign. Much like the possibility of a Trump presidency, the alt-right’s “trolling” isn’t a joke, but a dangerous reality that taints online and offline lives, which are one and the same.

“The thing that's so bizarre is this demarcation, IRL, in real life, versus some otherwise place known as the internet,” Phillips told me. “The thing about real life is that it pretty much subsumes everything. It's not that the line is fuzzy. There is no line, and it makes no sense for there to be a line other than the fact that it's often used as a post hoc justification for certain people's terrible behavior. It becomes part of a sort of apology: ‘I didn't actually hurt your feelings because I said it to you online.’ What the hell does that even mean? It's just a way of perpetrators to hide behind technologies and language to justify them doing whatever it is they feel like doing that the rest of us apparently have to deal with.”

“Just because something happens in an online space doesn't mean that it isn't fundamentally connected to that person's embodied identity and experience,” Phillips added. “Of course it is. You can't go online if you don't have a body.”

When trolls patronizingly suggest their targets become thicker skinned, avert their eyes from the torrents of abuse or simply step away from the computer, they’re attempting to diminish the very real consequences their bad—in some cases and states, criminal—behavior has on real people.

“It doesn’t make any sense,” Phillips told me. “That you can just choose not to react emotionally and maybe if you weren't so emotional then you wouldn't be having these problems, so stop complaining. This is ultimately about you being too emotional. Think about the preponderance of this abuse that's targeted specifically toward women and queer people and people of color. It's very easy or comparatively easy for a white dude to be like, ‘Well then, just don't take offense to racism.’ It becomes a mechanism of controlling, trying to police those sort of emotive boundaries of groups that have very real and embodied reasons for getting pissed off when they have to deal with certain kinds of content.”

In light of all this, it’s hard to make the connection between the trolling of yore and today’s online harassment and bullying. The remnants of what trolling once was—its more lighthearted past—raises the question of whether we’re doing more damage by using that word to describe behaviors that are far from playful.

“That’s the reason I don’t like the words ‘troll’ and ‘bully’” Anita Sarkeesian, a media critic who was targeted during Gamergate, told the Guardian. “It’s just a scary, violent, abusive temper tantrum.”

In a piece titled "Let’s Call 'Trolling' What It Really Is," Whitney Phillips notes the importance of language and emphasizes the danger of misnaming terrible behaviors in a way that might minimize their threat. “If an online space is overrun by violently misogynist expression,” she writes, “then I call the behavior violent misogyny, regardless of how the aggressors might describe it.”

“It's framed exclusively in terms of a kind of game,” she told me. “It's a game that the troll always wins, and if you play it, by definition then you lose. That means that if you go ahead and 'take the bait,' you essentially have brought that upon yourself. You should know better that nothing on the internet should be taken seriously. You should know better that people are behaving playfully and that when they do they are not responsible for their own actions. They are teaching you a lesson. You should be thanking them.”

By now, the word trolling itself is almost certainly lost to those who might do their absolute worst under its auspices. Perhaps the more pressing question is how to talk about trolling—meaning harassment, stalking and abuse—without serving as a recruitment tool. The alt-right relishes every scrap of media attention it receives; like Trump, the philosophy seems to be that there’s no such thing as bad press. It’s critical to call attention to the dangerous rhetoric being put out by Trump and his followers. But it’s a Catch-22, with each story—including this one—helping to draw eyes and raise the profile of a steadily growing movement.

“The alt-right wouldn't exist in the way that it does and it wouldn't have the visibility that it does now if outlets were not engaging—in most cases to explicitly condemn,” Philips said. “Very few people other than participants are like, ‘Go, alt-right.’ Most of the coverage has been explicitly negative, but it doesn't matter, they are harnessing [the media’s] labor...It's the same thing with the Leslie Jones case. I can guarantee you that part of the game was to try to get journalists to repeat and retweet that imagery. That's the end goal, is that you harness journalists in the service of your own nefarious ends and then you step back and laugh because now you've reached millions more people than you ever could have on your own.”

That problem, of elevation and amplification, is an issue not just for the media, but for any public figure who inadvertently offers exposure to a wider audience. In August, after Hillary Clinton delivered a speech attacking the alt-right, the online response from those who count themselves among the movement’s members, captured in a piece by Wired’s Issie Lapowsky, was downright celebratory. “Hillary just seeded #altright and #whitegenocide in the same speech. Everything is going according to plan....everything,” one tweet read. “I'd like to thank you @HillaryClinton, for all the promotion you are doing for us...A little goes a long way... #AltRightMeans #WhiteGenocide.”

“In a sense, we’ve managed to push white nationalism into a very mainstream position,” one anonymous white nationalist and Trump supporter told Olivia Nuzzi, writing at the Daily Beast. “Trump’s online support has been crucial to his success, I believe, and the fact is that his biggest and most devoted online supporters are white nationalists. Now, we’ve pushed the Overton window. People have adopted our rhetoric, sometimes without even realizing it. We’re setting up for a massive cultural shift.”

He’s right. The question now is how to wrangle with the fact that every mention, no matter how negative, helps the movement gain visibility and an odd dimension of legitimacy.

“That's where the conversation really needs to be,” Phillips concludes, “and [it] raises all kinds of uncomfortable questions for people like you and people like me who engage with this content all day long, and also by engaging with it, we perpetuate it. Even if our intentions are really good, it still means that the narrative seeds continue to be cast. That's what they're banking on, and so far we have lived up to their expectations. I don't see how we could not.”

http://www.alternet.org/media/how-rise- ... ect-donald
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby kool maudit » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:01 am

Trolling is a Trickster aspect. So much effort has been made reclaiming Trickster figures from their Christian demonization that we can forget how profoundly unpleasant and unsettling their antics are when it is one's own morality (anti-discrimination etc.) that is being taunted and toyed with.
kool maudit

Postby dada » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:27 pm

kool maudit » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:01 am wrote:Trolling is a Trickster aspect. So much effort has been made reclaiming Trickster figures from their Christian demonization that we can forget how profoundly unpleasant and unsettling their antics are when it is one's own morality (anti-discrimination etc.) that is being taunted and toyed with.

A 'troll that taunts and toys with anti-discrimination sensibilities' is okay in your book.

You're aware that's what you're saying here, you know. Something about yourself, not about 'trickster trolls.'

Some trolls stalk people relentlessly, destroy people's lives and livelihood.

Make light of it if you want.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby tapitsbo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:32 am

All sorts of parties stalk people relentlessly, only some typically get tagged "trolls"

It's enough to make you feel sympathy for those who have delusions of being gangstalked

And often for those who really are being gangstalked
tapitsbo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion