Cliven Bundy Ranch

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Cliven Bundy Ranch

Postby Rory » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 pm

WR - who's this Leo Wanta and how can he help?
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Officials from Western states talk of taking control of public land from feds

Print Story Published: 12:58 pm Share Updated: 12:59 pm
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SALT LAKE CITY — Officials from nine Western states say it’s time they take control of federal lands within their borders.

The lawmakers and county commissioners met at Utah’s Capitol on Friday to discuss their joint goal of wresting oil-, timber- and mineral-rich lands away from the feds.

The Legislative Summit on the Transfer of Public Lands, as it was called, was not publicized until midday, when the Utah House sent out notice of a 4:30 p.m. news conference.

The result of the meeting wasn’t clear. But at the news conference, Utah House Speaker Becky Lockhart said it was in the works before this month’s standoff between Southern Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management.

The BLM rounded up hundreds of Bundy’s cattle, saying he hasn’t paid more than $1 million in grazing fees he owes for trespassing on federal lands since the 1990s. But Bundy does not recognize federal authority on the land, which his family has used since the 1870s.

The BLM released the cattle after a showdown last weekend with angry armed protesters.

“What’s happened in Nevada is really just a symptom of a much larger problem,” Lockhart said, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.

Montana state Sen. Jennifer Fielder said federal land management is hamstrung by bad policies, politicized science and severe federal budget cuts.

“Those of us who live in the rural areas know how to take care of lands,” said Fielder, a Republican who lives in the northwestern Montana town of Thompson Falls. “We have to start managing these lands. It’s the right thing to do for our people, for our environment, for our economy and for our freedoms.”

Idaho, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, Oregon and Washington also were represented, but none of the other states has gone as far as Utah, where lawmakers passed a measure demanding that the federal government extinguish title to federal lands.

The lawmakers and Gov. Gary Herber have said they’re only asking the federal government to make good on promises made in the 1894 Enabling Act for Utah to become a state. The intent was never to take over national parks and wilderness created by an act of Congress, said Lockhart, a Republican from Provo.

“We are not interested in having control of every acre,” she said. “There are lands that are off the table that rightly have been designated by the federal government.”

The University of Utah is conducting a study called for by the legislation to analyze how Utah could manage the land now in federal control.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:09 am wrote:Agenda 21 was drafted by the bureaucrats and interns, one of a billion "big idea" papers left in the wake of neoliberal globalization, a hollow statement of noble aspirations stated as strongly as decorum will permit, a copywriting exercise to mine for future speeches, forgotten even by its own architects at this point.

The multinational global corporate state has no goals beyond maintaining and cementing their current power and no principles beyond what is expedient to accomplish those twin goals.

The whole lineage outlined above -- Rio Summit, Kyoto Protocols, Earth Day Horseshit -- these are all symbolic gestures intended to placate activists and simulate action, but there is nothing there. If we're going to view even throwaway concessions as malign & sophisticated conspiracies, we might as well by typing essays about the contours and content of our own shadows.

I am open to the possibility we're already there, myself emphatically included.

Here's an Easter Sunday toast to Leo Wanta, though: may he yet save us all.

I feel this way, too, Mr.WRex. But I'm still alive and not yet interred and I have descendants I dearly care for and as long as I'm able, I will do all within my power to work to see their world is a safer, cleaner and healthier place to live.

Maybe I've been misguided and nothing at all I've done to help others really matters when looking at the overall scheme of things. But I know what I have done has mattered, perhaps not to the entire population of the globe, but certainly to those very few whose situations prompted my activism to successfully remove the cause of their discomfort or the injustice oppressing them.

There's one other thing...

The people whose causes I've supported and often helped organize around got involved in remedying their own situations. They didn't complain endlessly about the crushing oppression of the mysterious powers that be. And always whenever necessary, they took their fight to the top, to the decision makers who had no one else to pass the buck on to. Oftentimes our visits were uninvited and certainly unwelcome. Instead of a few spokespersons, by the hundreds we'd drop in on them, those you call tptb. And we rarely conceded defeat but celebrated many victories.

One year we held up the IMF appropriation until we gained a concession - many millions more (8) for Section Eight Public Housing to be built. Man, they were going nuts!

Shut down Exxon's Manhattan office, got 4 ribs broken at an AMA annual meeting, oh, and so many more wonderful tales. Crashing the Kentucky Hunt Club was a gas. Prissy folk screaming "lock them up!" to the local head of their rural pd, who wisely kept the peace, knowing his one jail cell couldn't contain the angry horde of intruders into their very private privacy.

You see slim, you can either be a slave who complains anonymously incessantly and live a miserable existence damning your condition or you can be a rebellious slave actively working for everyone's freedom. For me the choice was and is obvious.

Some seem destined to be 'service to self' folk while others are destined to be folk dedicated to 'service to others'. Others just get by complaining their miserable life away about everything under the sun being beyond their control without ever doing anything more to improve their situation. They then have audacity to claim rebellious slaves who actually effect positive change for the betterment of all slaves, are working with the state, colluding with the slave masters to worsen the conditions of their enslavement.

And then they tell me I don't get it.

Stop waiting for someone to empower you and empower yourself to take control of your own destiny. Doing so just might improve your life and in doing so, improve the lives of others close to you.

Does require reading, though.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:51 am

slimmouse » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:22 am wrote:
Iamwhomiam » 20 Apr 2014 07:28 wrote:
"Sustainable development". Sustainable for who? Who decided all of this?

Should I bother to read more?

Speaks volumes and explains more about so much more.

Thanks for the considered reply. No answers, but considered I suppose.

Id just like to know how moving people of vast swathes of land into "urban settlement areas" is going to result in better living standards for all?

Its liike outlawing growing vegetables, leaving food in the hands of monsanto and co. Or non dredging of rivers by EU directives during the somerset downs floods. Thats not my own personal idea of better living standards for all.

Its horseshit, and its producing a slave population, working for the corporations, who , incidentally will just go ahead and do as they please regardless.

slimmouse, I'm actually surprised to have read what you wrote here on the RI Discussion forum: "Sustainable development". Sustainable for who? Who decided all of this?" which you then followed with: "Should I bother to read more?"

Honestly, slim, it seems you closed your mind after having read but a few words and feel comfortable with settling into your confirmation bias, rather than read something disturbing to it. And this leaves you woefully uninformed on the subject at hand and still an uncomfortable malcontent of a slave, a condition you blame on others and do little to improve yourself.

Fruitless as it might be, I will do my best to answer your questions.

"Id just like to know how moving people of vast swathes of land into "urban settlement areas" is going to result in better living standards for all?"

Considering our current world's population centers are nearly all coastal, relocating a majority will save millions, perhaps billions of lives, as our sea level rises, from drowning, disease, starvation, a lack of fresh water, and the ensuing chaos for survival, Call it what you will. I call it humane and precautionary. Think for just a moment, where are all of our nuclear power plants and what will happen to them as our seas and rivers rise?

If anyone thinks the transition to adaption to the catastrophic changes brought by our warming climate will go smoothly, it won't. Whether many are relocated to inland safe havens or not, it will be as SciFi as anything written, with a fair mix of primitives tangling with the ultra-modern forces of our future.

First it was the "gun grabbers" and now it's the "tomato grabbers" working on behalf of the evil ptb to keep us perpetually enslaved.

Jeezus! Sometimes I wish I could change the channel.

RoundUp, glyphosate Is a very bad idea. RoundUp Ready GMO plants are immune to the herbicide/pesticide. It causes normal crops to grow extremely rapidly, so fast and so large the untreated plant's cell grow, the weaker it becomes and it collapses under its own weight and dies.

Everyone should demand labeling of gmo containing products and none should ever be used for food crops.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Sounder » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 am

You see slim, you can either be a slave who complains anonymously incessantly and live a miserable existence damning your condition or you can be a rebellious slave actively working for everyone's freedom. For me the choice was and is obvious.

You see Iamwhomiam, (said in the voice of the condescending father) this is where the either/or bit falls down. I for one live a most wonderful and enriching existence, and while not damning, I still feel free to question the ‘condition’ of folk who seem to promote a corp/gov merger in the guise of Agenda 21 and AGW propaganda, and refuse to see the connection between that and fascism.

Some seem destined to be 'service to self' folk while others are destined to be folk dedicated to 'service to others'. Others just get by complaining their miserable life away about everything under the sun being beyond their control without ever doing anything more to improve their situation. They then have audacity to claim rebellious slaves who actually effect positive change for the betterment of all slaves, are working with the state, colluding with the slave masters to worsen the conditions of their enslavement.

Some ‘service to other’ folk get caught up in the propaganda of ‘service to self’ folk, and thereby negate a good bit of their efforts.

And then they tell me I don't get it.

You don’t get it. If righteousness were a cure for the worlds ills, we would be done with our problems. Righteousness may be necessary but it is not sufficient. Of more importance is the deriving of that righteousness from correct assumptions.

Is AGW based on correct assumptions?
Stop waiting for someone to empower you and empower yourself to take control of your own destiny. Doing so just might improve your life and in doing so, improve the lives of others close to you.

Funny thing there, do I ‘empower’ myself to take control by accepting as being valid, Agenda 21 or AGW? They seem more like a last ditch attempt to create affiliation with conscious modeling that reinforces a western exceptionalist and salvationist mentality.

Does require reading, though.

It does require that one refrain from constantly washing ones brain with repetitive propaganda, both pro and con, of course.

Information is worth less to the degree that it is sorted improperly.

The split or either/or model severely restricts the correspondences and connections that are potentially available between our various categories.

The prime directive for the PTMB then is to support this split model as being normative, so they may have the loot and the control while all the self-righteous peons duke it out, instead of identifying a more appropriate target for their ire.

And yes, I know you were not talking to me Iam, and I'm not talking to you either. :wink
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 am

The Lesson of the Bundy/BLM Standoff: The Government Allowed the Armed Right-Wing Assholes to Live
What the Rude Pundit understands about the just-concluded stand-off between the Bureau of Land Management and rancher Cliven Bundy and his merry band of other ranchers, children, and militia members, most of them armed, can be summed up in two pictures:

That's the assorted fucknuts, paranoiacs, and numbskulls gathered to defend Bundy's cows and their right to graze on protected federal land. (Some of the cows had been taken by the feds and held in pens.) They're also defending Bundy's desire not to pay the $1 million in fines he's been assessed for his 20 years of flouting the law. Bundy's just a crazed hick asshole, but he's a crazed hick asshole who hasn't given a shit about the law, spending more time losing in court than maybe campaigning for politicians who might change the laws (which is the way things are supposed to work). The land was protected to prevent the extinction of some species and to keep the habitat stable for wild horses. Fuck that, though. Bundy's cows liked free grass.

Of course, who gives a shit when a district court in Nevada ruled against Bundy and for the government, saying, "The public interest is best served by having the federal lands managed without the presence of trespassing cattle on lands that are closed to grazing. The public interest is also best served by removal of trespassing cattle that cause harm to natural and cultural resources or pose a threat to the health and safety of members of the public who use the federal lands for recreation. The court finds that the public interest is negatively affected by Bundy's continuing trespass."

Of course, the fucknuts, paranoiacs, and numbskulls all thought that this was an unconstitutional land grab or tyranny or the beginning of rancher death camps or whatever stupid shit Alex Jones and/or the voices in their damaged brains are telling them. Whatever it is, it requires a Second Amendment solution to keep their property rights that are given to them by God through the Constitution, which is exactly like Moses's tablets and not written by humans at all. Christ, the Rude Pundit is exhausted by simpleminded cocksuckers who wield the Constitution as if they actually understand anything other than a couple of the items they think are about them, like an asshole at a party who says he can play guitar but just strums the one or two chords he kind of knows.

The stand-off came to an end when the fucknuts et al blocked an interstate highway and got set up for the big armed battle (with the charming strategy of letting unarmed women get shot first because they thought that would gain them sympathy). The feds decided, "Oh, fuck it. Nobody needs to die over this literal bullshit. Release the cows." Bundy's son, who had been tasered by federal officers for kicking one of their dogs, declared victory and said, "The people have the power when they unite. The war has just begun." As some on the right have declared, you can view this as an act of civil disobedience over what gets to eat the grass, which is kind of sad, really. Still, you can imagine there was much hooting and hollering in celebration.

Which leads to photo number two:

That's what's left behind after the military drone missile bombs the living fuck out of some place in a desolate landscape, much like Nevada. "The war," if it ever came to that, would be over in a millisecond. But, no, please, lock and load, nutzoids.

The message to Bundy and his followers is simple: you are being indulged, like a child who threw himself on the floor of the Walmart, screaming because he just had to have that WWE action figure. And, frankly, when you start blockading roads and fucking up the land and pretending like you are anything more than a greedy motherfucker who doesn't want to pay his debts, it's hard to find sympathy.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Sounder » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:18 am

The prime directive for the PTMB then is to support this split model as being normative, so they may have the loot and the control while all the self-righteous peons duke it out, instead of identifying a more appropriate target for their ire.

The Rude Pundit seems to enjoy 'working for the man' by pumping the dichotomy.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Rory » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:41 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:41 pm wrote:
The Lesson of the Bundy/BLM Standoff: The Government Allowed the Armed Right-Wing Assholes to Live
What the Rude Pundit understands about the just-concluded stand-off between the Bureau of Land Management and rancher Cliven Bundy and his merry band of other ranchers, children, and militia members, most of them armed, can be summed up in two pictures:

That's the assorted fucknuts, paranoiacs, and numbskulls gathered to defend Bundy's cows and their right to graze on protected federal land. (Some of the cows had been taken by the feds and held in pens.) They're also defending Bundy's desire not to pay the $1 million in fines he's been assessed for his 20 years of flouting the law. Bundy's just a crazed hick asshole, but he's a crazed hick asshole who hasn't given a shit about the law, spending more time losing in court than maybe campaigning for politicians who might change the laws (which is the way things are supposed to work). The land was protected to prevent the extinction of some species and to keep the habitat stable for wild horses. Fuck that, though. Bundy's cows liked free grass.

Of course, who gives a shit when a district court in Nevada ruled against Bundy and for the government, saying, "The public interest is best served by having the federal lands managed without the presence of trespassing cattle on lands that are closed to grazing. The public interest is also best served by removal of trespassing cattle that cause harm to natural and cultural resources or pose a threat to the health and safety of members of the public who use the federal lands for recreation. The court finds that the public interest is negatively affected by Bundy's continuing trespass."

Of course, the fucknuts, paranoiacs, and numbskulls all thought that this was an unconstitutional land grab or tyranny or the beginning of rancher death camps or whatever stupid shit Alex Jones and/or the voices in their damaged brains are telling them. Whatever it is, it requires a Second Amendment solution to keep their property rights that are given to them by God through the Constitution, which is exactly like Moses's tablets and not written by humans at all. Christ, the Rude Pundit is exhausted by simpleminded cocksuckers who wield the Constitution as if they actually understand anything other than a couple of the items they think are about them, like an asshole at a party who says he can play guitar but just strums the one or two chords he kind of knows.

The stand-off came to an end when the fucknuts et al blocked an interstate highway and got set up for the big armed battle (with the charming strategy of letting unarmed women get shot first because they thought that would gain them sympathy). The feds decided, "Oh, fuck it. Nobody needs to die over this literal bullshit. Release the cows." Bundy's son, who had been tasered by federal officers for kicking one of their dogs, declared victory and said, "The people have the power when they unite. The war has just begun." As some on the right have declared, you can view this as an act of civil disobedience over what gets to eat the grass, which is kind of sad, really. Still, you can imagine there was much hooting and hollering in celebration.

Which leads to photo number two:

That's what's left behind after the military drone missile bombs the living fuck out of some place in a desolate landscape, much like Nevada. "The war," if it ever came to that, would be over in a millisecond. But, no, please, lock and load, nutzoids.

The message to Bundy and his followers is simple: you are being indulged, like a child who threw himself on the floor of the Walmart, screaming because he just had to have that WWE action figure. And, frankly, when you start blockading roads and fucking up the land and pretending like you are anything more than a greedy motherfucker who doesn't want to pay his debts, it's hard to find sympathy.

Thanks, SLaD - this is brilliant, funny and succinct.

I particularly liked this:

And, frankly, when you start blockading roads and fucking up the land and pretending like you are anything more than a greedy motherfucker who doesn't want to pay his debts, it's hard to find sympathy

But, y'know, Agenda 21 :tongout
Rory

Postby Asta » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Got this link from a "friend" on FaceBook: http://prepperchimp.com/2014/04/20/cliv ... is-cattle/

Anyone here know about this site? I suspect it's a radical right wing misinfo distribution center.

It's hard living in a small town filled with GOPers.
Asta

Postby justdrew » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:34 pm

can someone give a quick low-down on this alleged "chinese" involvement?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby jingofever » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:24 am

justdrew » 22 Apr 2014 00:34 wrote:can someone give a quick low-down on this alleged "chinese" involvement?

A Chinese company was going to build a solar power plant in Nevada. Harry Reid was backing the construction. The project was cancelled last year. It was not going to be built on or even near Bundy's land. The Las Vegas Sun has more.

And from 8 News Now, that is KLAS, George Knapp's stomping grounds, "Bundy's 'ancestral rights' come under scrutiny":

"I've lived my lifetime here. My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. All these rights that I claim, have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements," Bundy said.

Clark County property records show Cliven Bundy's parents moved from Bundyville, Arizona and bought the 160 acre ranch in 1948 from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt.

Water rights were transferred too, but only to the ranch, not the federally managed land surrounding it. Court records show Bundy family cattle didn't start grazing on that land until 1954.

From later in the article:

"They are literally treating western United States citizens, ranchers, rural folks like this- are the modern day Indians. We're being driven off of our lands. We're being forced into reservations known as cities," Justin Giles, an Oathkeeper from Alaska, said.

There is the Agenda 21 reverse Pol Pot fear.
jingofever

Postby justdrew » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:21 am

typical rightwing liar. every fucking time. and the knuckle dragging halfwit fools eat that shit up. We are a fucked nation BECAUSE of the people that support this asshole.

so if I bought a ranch next to his and wanted to put my cattle on the same federal lands, what do you suppose he'd have to say about that?

He has NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER to that land. fuck him
justdrew

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:11 am

I provided a link to Clark County Property Records earlier. I searched its database and found no property listed with Cliven as owner. I wasn't then aware of his wife's name, but I am now and will search again for a property listing her as owner.
Iamwhomiam

Postby justdrew » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 am

Burning Man organizer plans anything-goes ‘Bundyfest’ to mock scofflaw rancher
By Travis Gettys | Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:29 EDT

Some of the organizers of the annual Burning Man festival are planning an event aimed at mocking the claims of a Nevada rancher who refuses to pay government-mandated fees for using federal lands.

“For years, we paid permitting fees to hold Burning Man on the beautiful Playa in Northern Nevada,” said the event’s organizers on a Facebook page. “But now, Cliven Bundy has shown us a NEW WAY! ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! Bundy has declared the entire area surrounding Bundy Ranch as a TOTALLY RULES-FREE ZONE! ANYTHING GOES! WOO-HOO!!!”

Progressive activist Sean Shealy said Bundyfest, which will be held across the road from Bundy’s ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada, for one month starting on Sept. 5.

That’s just after the conclusion of the Burning Man festival, and Shealy hopes attendees will travel south to see 240 bands perform 24 hours a day near the rancher’s home.

“Some people have asked me, where will we camp, where will we park?” Shealy said. “Anywhere, really. It’s f*cking anarchy.”

The Facebook page for the event promises no permits will be required, full nudity will be permitted, and the atmosphere will be gay-friendly.

However, Shealy warned, no bathroom facilities would be provided.

“You’re free to let it all hang out right there, just like Bundy’s cattle, right there in the Virgin River, if you want to,” Shealy said.

Organizers also plan a “penis erection contest,” where participants will be awarded prizes for the largest phallic structure built in the desert.

Shealy said organizers expect about 50,000 people to show up in the desert near Bundy’s home.
justdrew

Postby Rory » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:58 am

justdrew » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:39 pm wrote:
Burning Man organizer plans anything-goes ‘Bundyfest’ to mock scofflaw rancher
By Travis Gettys | Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:29 EDT

Some of the organizers of the annual Burning Man festival are planning an event aimed at mocking the claims of a Nevada rancher who refuses to pay government-mandated fees for using federal lands.

“For years, we paid permitting fees to hold Burning Man on the beautiful Playa in Northern Nevada,” said the event’s organizers on a Facebook page. “But now, Cliven Bundy has shown us a NEW WAY! ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! Bundy has declared the entire area surrounding Bundy Ranch as a TOTALLY RULES-FREE ZONE! ANYTHING GOES! WOO-HOO!!!”

Progressive activist Sean Shealy said Bundyfest, which will be held across the road from Bundy’s ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada, for one month starting on Sept. 5.

That’s just after the conclusion of the Burning Man festival, and Shealy hopes attendees will travel south to see 240 bands perform 24 hours a day near the rancher’s home.

“Some people have asked me, where will we camp, where will we park?” Shealy said. “Anywhere, really. It’s f*cking anarchy.”

The Facebook page for the event promises no permits will be required, full nudity will be permitted, and the atmosphere will be gay-friendly.

However, Shealy warned, no bathroom facilities would be provided.

“You’re free to let it all hang out right there, just like Bundy’s cattle, right there in the Virgin River, if you want to,” Shealy said.

Organizers also plan a “penis erection contest,” where participants will be awarded prizes for the largest phallic structure built in the desert.

Shealy said organizers expect about 50,000 people to show up in the desert near Bundy’s home.

:rofl2
Rory

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion