Ruppert died

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Ruppert died

Postby NeonLX » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:23 am

Well, the dude was a tortured soul. I hope he has found peace at last.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Perelandra » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:35 am

Ruppert's 9/11 work was seminal, agree Neon, RIP.
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 am

Nordic » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:14 am wrote:It seems there would be some sort of "real" news story somewhere about this, based on a police report. Where did this even supposedly take place? Can anyone find anything confirming this? While the press is obviously not to be trusted, a dead body and especially suicide gunshot victim usually results in some kind of public record being disclosed.

His Wikipedia page only mentions his death in the opening sentence, and cites the same Carolyn Baker FB post:

Michael C. Ruppert (Feb. 3 1951 - April 13 2014[1]) was an American author,[2] a former Los Angeles Police Department officer,[3] and investigative journalist and peak oil awareness advocate.

Rubicon was my secondary jumping off point (after Jeff's 'Coincidence Guide', of course).

R.I.P.

Edited to add the close parenthesis.
Last edited by Bruce Dazzling on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby wordspeak2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:26 am

I disliked him personally and disagreed over "Peak Oil," but he certainly made a lot of contributions to the truth movement. He had the personality to kill himself, and if he did I'm disappointed- suicide? Society may suck, but life is beautiful.- Come on. Still I have a little doubt, though; revenge is certainly in the play book of the fascists.
wordspeak2

Postby The Consul » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Of late he spoke repeatedly about wanting to be done with it all. At his peak he had a strong, compelling influence. But with so many who attack the beast head on, he bubbled over with too many things, too many personal oddities and flaws, and became an unfocused obviously desperate person. But he never shut up. He never got a job at Wall Mart. Yes he was desperate, unnerved, at times seeming to come apart at the seams. Desperately overwhelmed. Perhaps that is his final message. Why aren't we all?

RIP Mike Rupper

" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby RocketMan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Desperately overwhelmed. Perhaps that is his final message. Why aren't we all?

Desperately overwhelmed just about captures it. I think he never got over himself, his ego. I think that was his undoing. And now I'm thinking maybe that's why his final play for more spirituality just rang hollow.

On a different note, is it my imagination or did Raw Story used to be at least semi-open to parapolitical subjects and CT leanings? This link came with the line "Cue the conspiracy theories..." on Facebook:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/15/9 ... s.facebook

His critics say Ruppert used dubious or partial sources to back his claims.

“Conspiracy theories may seem more nuisance than problem,” wrote columnist David Corn about Ruppert’s work in 2002. “But they do compete with reality for attention. There is plenty to be outraged over without becoming obsessed with X Files-like nonsense.”
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Last podcast, 4/13/14:

Not read his books but from what I can tell seems he went off the deep end.

Do we know from reliable sources he's really deceased? Seems he was frequently talking about retiring/disappearing/going underground to escape harassment/persecution, real or imagined. bit of a megalomaniac. Seems a good candidate for a fake death.

How come that never pans out? I always thought a fake death would be a brilliant publicity ploy if done right.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby slimmouse » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:53 pm

I read Crossing the Rubicon, and whilst the Peak Oil stuff instantly put me off,( not because I dont believe that we will run out of oil eventually), some of his 9/11 research was certainly revelationary. His questions about John O' Neil for example opened up a whole new labrynth on 9/11 and the bigger picture for me.

Is it possible to have a foot in both camps, but youre heart in the right place?

You can certainly do that unwittingly.

In which case , then Mike Ruppert certainly would fit the bill.

Didnt he once give a speech for the club of Rome, or some similar elite organisation?
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Hugo Farnsworth » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Despite its imperfections, his work was truly seminal. Today, i read all sorts of stuff about the "Deep State", and even saw an author talking about the subject on Bill Moyers.
He blazed a trail and will be missed. Godspeed.
Without traversing the edges, the center is unknowable.
Hugo Farnsworth

Postby wordspeak2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Wow, he looked intense in the video The Consul posted. This was a man who needed psychedelic drugs to tame his ego and find a true spiritual path outside of the fascist darkness that he was reporting... And it's a shame he never found that path.
I don't know about "fake death." It seems likely to me he just did it.
wordspeak2

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm still trying to wrap my head and heart around this. Honestly, after watching the recent VICE documentary I blogged about, I can't say I'm surprised. But that doesn't make this any less tragic; I am deeply saddened. I was hoping he had finally found a place of peace, but the turmoil boiling up in those interviews was undeniable.

Slimmouse, I'm not sure if you're referring to his speech at the Granada Forum or the Commonwealth Club. But even in his speech at the Granada Forum, which is from 1997, he makes reference to considering at one point during his persecution by the CIA going off into the woods and killing himself. I'm not sure if that's what Carolyn Baker is referring to by "few clues" or perhaps this part of the VICE interview:

"The planet is being destroyed all around us. Using money to try to address that problem; it's shooting yourself in the foot. Evolve or perish, grow up or die. An entirely new level of human consciousness is needed right now. Or we're all dead. Mankind openly descends into world of bloodshed without end. Dog eat dog until everything is killed and the last man commits suicide or is poisoned, having all the toys and they mean nothing!

When you believe you're already dead and you've got nothing to live for, you fight better than you've ever fought in your life! When your back's to the wall. That's the only time when humans actually choose to evolve, at the moment of death. At the moment when we face our destruction. That's when the greatest leaps in human consciousness and the leaps of human heart take place.

I'm tired! I'm ready to die. Great! Bring it, I'm not afraid of death at all! That'll be a big relief for me, that'll be graduation! 'God, I get to get out of this god-forsaken shit-hole!!!'...that I love more than anything else in the world. The scout's knife is sharp on both edges. It cuts in both directions."

It's one of those cruel ironies of existence that those who are the most dedicated toward shining a probing light on reality are often extremely plagued by their own darkness. Such a shame he felt he had reached the end of the road. May you truly RIP, Mike. It was an honor to have met you.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby American Dream » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Still almost no "real" news coverage of this at all- though I did see one post at Raw Story.

I'm wondering what the actual truth of the situation is...
American Dream

Postby elfismiles » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:38 pm

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re:

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Perelandra » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 pm wrote:Ruppert's 9/11 work was seminal, agree Neon, RIP.

I felt like one of our own had died.

Memories of listening to Mike and Catherine Fitts talking and the great respect they had for each other and my great respect and admiration for them both.

Thinking of the shoulder crushing burden he felt after the success of Crossing The Rubicon and the standing room only seminars.

I read a description of him as being like someone who was so heavily armoured on one side, one can barely reach him, and on the other side having no protection at all - not 'thin skinned' but 'no skin at all - everything exposed and unprotected'. I saw this split in him more and more.

I remember Daniel Hopsicker being furious at him for not coming down to Venice, Florida and doing gumshoe work - I think Daniel felt he himself was a putz at investigating - and felt Ruppert was the only person who could have cracked it single handed.

:hug1: for you, Mike

Searcher08

Postby operator kos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Extremely well said, Searcher. Agree, agree, agree.

Also, fuck Raw Story and the shills there who had to end their article about him with the vacuous dig from David Corn. Even if you don't agree with him, show some basic decency and respect.
operator kos

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion