PKD-esque Post-911 Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: PKD-esque Post-911 Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Postby elfismiles » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:08 am

elfismiles » 05 Dec 2015 14:05 wrote:Source: TheAtlantic.com

David A. Graham
1:06 PM / December 4, 2015
What the Hell Just Happened on MSNBC and CNN?

A baffling, surreal scene just played out on the two networks, where the landlord of the San Bernardino shooting suspects apparently allowed reporters into their apartment.
<snip>
http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2015/1 ... bc/418893/

stickdog99 » 05 Dec 2015 01:24 wrote:How WTF can you get?

And the FBI knew for a fact that there nothing possibly incriminating in those shredded documents. Right? No reason at all to bring those shreds back to the lab to reconstruct them! Right?

stickdog99 » 05 Dec 2015 01:22 wrote:http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-reporters-redlands-home-shooters-20151204-story.html

In surreal scene, reporters swarm Redlands home rented by shooters

The owner of a Redlands townhome where the two shooters in this week's San Bernardino massacre lived allowed dozens of reporters inside the home Friday morning to see the property for themselves.

Doyle Miller, 81, arrived at the Center Street home Friday morning with a camera to take pictures of what was inside. He removed plywood that was boarding up the front door and let in reporters, who swarmed the small home, rushing up the stairs and flooding the kitchen and main room.

Some broadcast live footage, jostling others out of the way for a better shot. The otherwise dark room was illuminated by a flood of camera lights. Reporters remarked how unusual it was to have such access.

It was hard to assess whether the modest, brown, two-story home was in its natural state because FBI investigators had spent hours searching it and because dozens of reporters and neighbors who came to look were inside.

One woman brought her dog. “It’s not real,” Miller said of the scene as he stood on the front yard surrounded by television cameras.

A Los Angeles Times reporter who was among those who entered the property confirmed with Miller that he had given journalists permission to go inside. ....

Two small black tables sat in the middle of the room. On one was a four-page list of items the FBI had seized during its search – ranging from ammunition and gun accessories to Christmas lights. ...

On Friday, Miller said he would not open the garage with so many reporters around.

“I’m not going to yet, not with all these people around,” he said, adding that he had not been in it himself.

So everyone and her dog gets to broadcast from the inside of the house where there is a Koran and a baby crib and the original copy of the list of terrible stuff the FBI supposedly found in the garage and so kindly left behind for all the reporters. But nobody can see the garage where all the ammo and "rudimentary" pipe bombs and "christmas tree light" explosive devices were found because there are just too many gosh darn reporters around for that.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby zangtang » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:44 am

insert lyrics, knowingly, to Leonard Cohen's 'the future'..........here :

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leonardc ... uture.html
zangtang

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby nashvillebrook » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:55 am

I can see this happening in any number of ways, not the least of which is the older gentleman who is the landlord, might not be fully equipped to stave off hoards of professional journos and photographers. He could have been like, "okay, I'll let you in, but only the apartment, b/c the FBI will be real mad at me if i show you the stuff in the garage."

elfismiles » 05 Dec 2015 14:08 wrote:
elfismiles » 05 Dec 2015 14:05 wrote:Source: TheAtlantic.com

David A. Graham
1:06 PM / December 4, 2015
What the Hell Just Happened on MSNBC and CNN?

A baffling, surreal scene just played out on the two networks, where the landlord of the San Bernardino shooting suspects apparently allowed reporters into their apartment.
<snip>
http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2015/1 ... bc/418893/

stickdog99 » 05 Dec 2015 01:24 wrote:How WTF can you get?

And the FBI knew for a fact that there nothing possibly incriminating in those shredded documents. Right? No reason at all to bring those shreds back to the lab to reconstruct them! Right?

stickdog99 » 05 Dec 2015 01:22 wrote:http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-reporters-redlands-home-shooters-20151204-story.html

So everyone and her dog gets to broadcast from the inside of the house where there is a Koran and a baby crib and the original copy of the list of terrible stuff the FBI supposedly found in the garage and so kindly left behind for all the reporters. But nobody can see the garage where all the ammo and "rudimentary" pipe bombs and "christmas tree light" explosive devices were found because there are just too many gosh darn reporters around for that.
nashvillebrook

Postby slomo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:51 pm

nashvillebrook » 05 Dec 2015 07:55 wrote:I can see this happening in any number of ways, not the least of which is the older gentleman who is the landlord, might not be fully equipped to stave off hoards of professional journos and photographers. He could have been like, "okay, I'll let you in, but only the apartment, b/c the FBI will be real mad at me if i show you the stuff in the garage."

That is a real possibility. This is actually my favorite way to say "no" to people who are very insistent: give them something that appears to satisfy their demand, while holding back on what they really want and I don't want to provide.
slomo

Postby nashvillebrook » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:06 pm

After catching more news on this, my main concern is they basically showed a the basic Muslim American home as a terrorist cell. That's the important thing for people to remember..."this is what they look like."
nashvillebrook

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:39 am

nashvillebrook » 05 Dec 2015 15:55 wrote:I can see this happening in any number of ways, not the least of which is the older gentleman who is the landlord, might not be fully equipped to stave off hoards of professional journos and photographers. He could have been like, "okay, I'll let you in, but only the apartment, b/c the FBI will be real mad at me if i show you the stuff in the garage."

lol

The FBI spokesperson said they had already "completed their investigation".
stickdog99

Postby elfismiles » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:52 am

I GOT PUNK'D :mad2

Wombaticus Rex » 12 Mar 2016 02:42 wrote:
elfismiles » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:16 pm wrote:Shazam!!!

The United States Revokes Scientology’s Tax-Exemp
http://abcnews.com. co/united-states-revokes-scientologys-tax-exempt-status/

There are currently no challenges before the court regarding Scientology and abcnews.com.co is not a real news site.

Muther Fugger - yeah, I just saw some friends of mine pointing out my mistake ... dag nabbit! :oops: :wallhead: :mad2
elfismiles

Postby norton ash » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:05 pm

Ahhh, it was clearly a hope-based mistake, elf. No worries.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby elfismiles » Wed May 11, 2016 9:14 am

Snopes' Field Guide to Fake News Sites and Hoax Purveyors
Snopes.com's updated guide to the internet's clickbaiting, news-faking, social media exploiting dark side.
Kim LaCapria, Jan 14, 2016
http://www.snopes.com/2016/01/14/fake-news-sites/
elfismiles

Postby norton ash » Wed May 11, 2016 9:35 am

Jesus... go ahead and read that Snopes article elfi posted if you feel like a dose of despair.

Ugly, mean, racist, sexist, disgusting shit. Fear- and hate-mongering. I love hard and edgy satire, but this stuff-- 'satire' my ass-- is just vile, childish, deranged, and SO STUPID.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby elfismiles » Wed May 11, 2016 11:48 am

norton ash » 11 May 2016 13:35 wrote:Jesus... go ahead and read that Snopes article elfi posted if you feel like a dose of despair.

Ugly, mean, racist, sexist, disgusting shit. Fear- and hate-mongering. I love hard and edgy satire, but this stuff-- 'satire' my ass-- is just vile, childish, deranged, and SO STUPID.

Absolutely ... I noted in another thread how an image of an obese black woman was being attributed to obviously fake hate-filled "satire" articles.

These "Satire" sites make for great psyops cover.
elfismiles

Postby PufPuf93 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Remember Jeff Gannon / James Duckert and Talon News complete with Whitehouse press credentials?

Gannon / Guckert and Talon News appear to no long an internet presence.

Much effort is taken to spread BS to the populace.
PufPuf93

Postby Nordic » Thu May 12, 2016 4:23 am

elfismiles » Wed May 11, 2016 8:14 am wrote:Snopes' Field Guide to Fake News Sites and Hoax Purveyors
Snopes.com's updated guide to the internet's clickbaiting, news-faking, social media exploiting dark side.
Kim LaCapria, Jan 14, 2016
http://www.snopes.com/2016/01/14/fake-news-sites/

How could anyone write an article like that and leave out Saacha Faal?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby elfismiles » Thu May 12, 2016 10:25 am

Good point - though I think it speaks to the nature of the guide snopes put together ... I don't know if they've EVER covered Sorcha Faal.

I think the difference is that Sorcha's site looks like an old-school 1990s ufo / religious site whereas the examples they give are designed to look like modern news sites (or at least look like more typical 21st century sites) and are designed around SEO money-making whereas Sorcha's site does have an add or two but it wouldn't give anyone the impression it is a "legit" news outlet - at least not to anyone outside the UFO-conspiracy community.

Nordic » 12 May 2016 08:23 wrote:How could anyone write an article like that and leave out Saacha Faal?
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:09 pm

The Left is Busily Planting Fake Red-Meat Conservative News Sites
Many of the fake stories conservatives are tricked into sharing have been planted by the left to make fools of us.
iStockphoto and Shannon Henderson
By RACHEL ALEXANDER Published on August 31, 2016 • 460 Comments

Rachel Alexander

Almost all of us have been a victim of accidentally spreading fake news at one time. A trusted friend emails you a link to an article that is red meat for the conservative base; it sounds legitimate, and the name of the site even sounds official. You forward the article and post it on Facebook and Twitter — and then the backlash is embarrassing. Multiple people point out you’re wrong, and you feel like an idiot. But how were you to know, especially in this information overload, social media era? It has become normal to quickly skim articles and headlines. And why would you suspect your most trusted, intelligent friends would be sending you false news?

It used to be The Onion was the only satire news site. And the site makes it very clear its news is satire. But within the last year, multiple sites (there is a list compiled here) have sprung up that do not make it clear they are satire, if at all. They brazenly post fake news that isn’t even funny, like The Onion, but sounds like legitimate news.

By posting these outlandish tales, the sites attract many page views, which allows them to make money from advertisers. Even more nefarious, some are run by Democrats in order to make conservatives look like radical extremists. The strategy, an insider told me, is to fool so many conservatives into spreading a ridiculous, fake article that finally a prominent elected official falls for it. Then the left pounces on the official and makes them look foolish and/or an extremist.

As I’ve written previously, putting out heroic stories about Donald Trump that turn out to be false doesn’t help Trump when people discover they are false.

Some of the worst offenders are sites that rip off names from legitimate conservative news sites. World News Daily Report is a typical example. It sounds very similar to the conservative site WorldNetDaily, which recently renamed itself to WND. The disclaimer on the site says nothing about the news being fake; instead, it disingenuously states that the site is not responsible for inaccurate information. The fake site’s “About us FAQ” page pretends to cater to conservative Jews and Christians with a strong defense of Israel. Yet how are fake news articles helping Israel? The site has become so successful that the myth-debunking site Snopes now lists it second on its “Field Guide to Fake News Sites and Hoax Purveyors.”

For some of these sites, the proverbial chickens have come home to roost. The gossip website Gawker was recently sued by celebrity wrestler Hulk Hogan for posting a sex tape of him, which put the company into bankruptcy and forced it to shut down a week ago. There are many ways these sites could be sued out of existence, such as for libel or the unauthorized use of images. Facebook has started removing these articles from users’ news feeds. Perhaps a developer can create an app to add to browsers that will specifically block these sites.

The people who run these sites are nothing more than cruel bullies who should get a taste of their own medicine. It is one thing to identify a story as parody, but to deliberately print false news to trick innocent people in order to make them look bad and destroy their credibility is dishonest, a nuisance and an abuse of the press. If they knowingly put false news about a crime or catastrophe out over TV, they would be prosecuted, due to the dangers of creating substantial public harm such as a mass panic.

Until these sites are curtailed, conservatives must get into the habit of looking up news articles regularly on myth-debunking sites like Snopes (granted, that particular site leans to the left). If The New York Times isn’t breaking some huge story, but a site called Your News Wire is, that is a good indication it may be a fake article.

https://stream.org/left-busy-planting-f ... ews-sites/
elfismiles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion